The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi guys, Summer is ALMOST here and just about to order all the wood for mine and my sons garden mancave/music studio...

fl00die
replies: 15 views: 1,260
fl00die 15th July 2016

Hi guys Couple months ago I posted this...

kfir26
replies: 10 views: 653
Sailboarder 15th July 2016

I'm currently using a 2ft wide short shelf as my workstation to minimize SBIR from the desk surface - I even replaced the wood...

Obe1
replies: 7 views: 677
Obe1 14th July 2016

Hi everyone I've done re-arranging in my music room and with the worktop alongside the back of the room my Dad built to...

willowen100
replies: 1 views: 1,759
L-Fire 14th July 2016

Man....where do I even start. The thought of the whole process it took to make my dream of creating my own professional studio is...

TheDawg
replies: 10 views: 755
melopie 14th July 2016

Hi folks, I'm about to go about installing two large limp mass membrane bass traps on my back wall and was hoping for some...

PartHunter
replies: 4 views: 426
akebrake 14th July 2016

Hi All, Was hoping somebody could chip in with insight into sizing a ceiling cloud, basically whether bigger is always...

PartHunter
replies: 2 views: 724
Sailboarder 14th July 2016

Hello everyone, I would like to share with you my newly finished room and I graciously ask for your feedback on my frequency...

RobbyRob
replies: 14 views: 1,037
Sailboarder 14th July 2016

Hi all, been a while since on slutz and am back into recording. This time I want to spend as much as possible on treatment. I...

eljefe
replies: 20 views: 1,138
Milliken 13th July 2016

Anybody using these as studio monitors?

jesseklapholz
replies: 2 views: 537
avare 13th July 2016

Hi guys this is my first post on the forum, im moving to a new place and want to build my own studio so I need your help for...

iRatz
replies: 1 views: 635
Ben Dial 13th July 2016

Hey all, I was wondering which room would be the most ideal to work in, and also where you'd recommend the listening position...

nick-the-sax
replies: 9 views: 544
nick-the-sax 13th July 2016

Hi there, I'm doing a little bit of work on a room that I'm doing quite a lot of work out of, that has been treated in the...

alistair
replies: 2 views: 735
sheggs 13th July 2016

I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this theoretical question on absorption. If you have a room and you want to...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 13 views: 746
dinococcus 13th July 2016

I'm finally starting to try out room EQ wizard and get some real treatment done. Room EQ wizard shows that the left and right...

Sharoro
replies: 5 views: 579
Glenn Kuras 12th July 2016

Hi folks, I´m new to this forum and am very interested in playing and recording drums in my new relatively big bedroom (+/-...

lulauth
replies: 3 views: 420
Glenn Kuras 12th July 2016

Hi folks. I have this room. It is rather pathetic and want to know if it may just suffice for tracking guitar and some other...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 39 views: 1,249
DPower 12th July 2016

Hi All, I've got an unused room that used to be a mechanical room. It's dimensions are 9'x7'x8'. Two walls are poured...

Boytbpc
replies: 1 views: 530
Boytbpc 12th July 2016

Question for those who understand...I get that positioning your speakers in the middle of an untreated room will give you the...

csweet08
replies: 3 views: 568
sheggs 12th July 2016

Assuming I have a 8' thick wall to build in order to create the best isolation, would you fill everything with one material?...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 3 views: 467
Hideki 12th July 2016

Hi guys Been setting up my man cave in the last 2 weeks, and I'm almost done. One of my problem I am in an office space and...

raz_klinghoffer
replies: 0 views: 372
raz_klinghoffer 11th July 2016

So I got my behringer ecm8000 today and started to make some measurements in rew. Somehow i could only use one monitor at each...

Ferrious
replies: 11 views: 952
Ferrious 10th July 2016

Hey guys so I'm rearranging my room around and right now I'm trying to get an equilateral triangle on my monitors. The problem is...

dannydawiz
replies: 10 views: 951
rds 10th July 2016

I know it's not really common for studio desks to be at counter top height but I figured some large studios with a large rack...

3rd Degree
replies: 4 views: 1,105
DanDan 10th July 2016

I'm having power run from my home main power supply to my garage. The present amount of power isn't enough to run a mini split...

unstruck
replies: 3 views: 448
stevelindsay 10th July 2016

I’m having trouble with some room modes in my project studio. The room itself is a ‘shoebox’ shape, measuring 5.38m (L)...

Skol303
replies: 18 views: 2,118
Sailboarder 10th July 2016

I need a space to record. I will be mostly alone, maybe another mate. Currently, my best option is the third port in the three...

Ves Paul
replies: 10 views: 654
Ves Paul 10th July 2016

Hey guys need some advice... Just finished construction on a garage convert to studio. I have a huge amount of these panels...

Aram9012
replies: 4 views: 571
Aram9012 9th July 2016

I've just bought my first measurement mic as part of the Sonarworks Trial Kit - it's their own brand XREF 20... Sonarworks XREF...

Skol303
replies: 7 views: 877
GP_Hawk 9th July 2016

hey im working on 6 inch monitors pmc tb2s atm and after a lot of work and treatment, adding testing adding testing... i finally...

sound joe
replies: 9 views: 593
DanDan 9th July 2016

I realized that I've been monitoring and mixing my music wrong all this time -- my studio monitors are not level with my ears. So...

Elsongs
replies: 2 views: 776
Explained Audio 9th July 2016

Hi there So i planed to build diffuser for a long time but I need to ask first, the diffuser will be in a very small...

headphones1999
replies: 7 views: 760
Explained Audio 9th July 2016

So I'll be recording drums at a church within the next few weeks. I'd like to know your thoughts on kit placement, mic...

i_spy
replies: 2 views: 575
the Lob 9th July 2016

This is more of a theoretical question ... but with practical implications. Suppose you have a room with a standing wave...

bermudaben
replies: 10 views: 1,000
mpos 9th July 2016

In my approx. 6x4x9m room, I'm having issues with sub bass standing waves. When I frequency sweep from my listening position...

greydominion
replies: 4 views: 884
greydominion 7th July 2016

I am sure this has been asked a lot, but I can't seem to find a good thread. I have a finished basement (previous owners). I...

markgam
replies: 2 views: 464
markgam 7th July 2016

Hello guys, I recently finished turning my garage into a little studio. I have two rooms, one is about 3 x 3 meters and the...

JPeters86
replies: 3 views: 473
camomiletea 6th July 2016

If I construct a floating floor, I need some space between the floating floor and the walls. It would be wise to keep this gap...

Hans van Balen
replies: 1 views: 457
RyanC 6th July 2016

Hello again! I'm still looking for a new apartment to put my studio in. (And live in as well) Just a question. What floor...

ostfisk
replies: 10 views: 711
ostfisk 6th July 2016

Dear GS community bumpkin, I live in Spain and use a lot of US gear (effects, preamps etc.) for which I need to have the current...

Octave Octavio
replies: 5 views: 1,727
DPower 6th July 2016

I've been researching, trying to determine what exactly is the difference between monitors that are described as 'nearfield and...

bdemenil
replies: 11 views: 41,812
estudioreis 5th July 2016

Hi, I try to understand the relationship between the dynamical stiffness and natural frequencies of a material. Does anyone know...

Hans van Balen
replies: 1 views: 431
Hans van Balen 4th July 2016

I have a pack of 12x 1200x600x75 Superglass Multi Purpose Acoustic Slabs... will these be any good for bass traps\super...

AndyintheUK
replies: 11 views: 729
AndyintheUK 4th July 2016

Ive recently moved into this room.. 486x292x229 (cm) Carpet floor and suspended ceiling with tiles - see pictures Ive built...

AndyintheUK
replies: 3 views: 601
AndyintheUK 4th July 2016

ciao guys i m Daniele from Italy, i m a music and hif lover (read addicted!) I m triyng to treat my unlucky pretty square...

montanari
replies: 12 views: 925
montanari 4th July 2016

My room is 9.5x 11.5. At the very back of the room theres a door to a closet and net to that, theres a door to the bathroom. Both...

pye3.14
replies: 25 views: 1,847
MaximalC 4th July 2016

What are you all using for door jamb material on double wall assemblies? My width when complete will be 13.25" and all...

Glamrock80
replies: 0 views: 386
Glamrock80 3rd July 2016

I have two options for my control room mix setup (see pics). I'm thinking option 2 is probably better since the speakers will be...

johnnyc
replies: 3 views: 2,266
johnnyc 2nd July 2016

I've got a garage studio that I'm adding an AC unit to. I’d like to cool the studio and the isolated machine room. I had...

unstruck
replies: 4 views: 561
FLZapped 2nd July 2016

Hi, so, I'll be rebuilding my home studio in about 2 weeks, and since I'm doing some kind of big changes, I figured out I...

Jmunguia
replies: 1 views: 484
Jmunguia 2nd July 2016

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search