The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 222 views: 289,070
DownSideUp 1 week ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 105,330
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 80 views: 279,461
sicfigure 20th February 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 222,594
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

In my home studio, I only need the dimmer when I’m mixing. Dim light helps me hear better, even with my eyes closed. It’s a...

freshtapescent
replies: 0 views: 40
freshtapescent 1 hour ago

I just finished building some big new front corner traps and a cloud. The good news is that my decay time is way down and the sub...

EastNashRocker
replies: 31 views: 774
akebrake 6 hours ago

Heard good thick rubber flooring could be used for good soundproofing. Is this true? As the price on this is very nice for what...

Kragle
replies: 19 views: 8,797
jhbrandt 9 hours ago

Hello slutz, Ive read through a few threads - apologies if this has been asked a million times.. I have a awkward space...

juna2
replies: 2 views: 289
juna2 9 hours ago

I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a good mix in a medium sized bedroom. I've seen some of my favourite musicians...

OolalavSuperfukk
replies: 26 views: 796
theillusionist 10 hours ago

Thinking of having a 48 x 48 ft steel building built. (dotted outline on image). All insides rooms wood framed with about 6"...

Davesdrums
replies: 2 views: 240
Davesdrums 12 hours ago

hello, I have attached a file of a famous acoustic engineer who says that to absorb the low frequencies from 100 to 200 hz it is...

grignacarbo
replies: 1 views: 174
Ultrasonic_UK 13 hours ago

hello I have very small room dimensions available for my mixing room. the room is 1.5 x 4 metres and is 3.1 metres high. all...

HomelandMixing
replies: 1 views: 218
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hello everyone, I want to attach the details of my acoustic measurement made with REW and a DBX RTAM measuring microphone. The...

Haruki
replies: 6 views: 302
johannburkard 1 day ago

I want to get acoustic panels that I can put on stands when recording vocals, and that I can mount on a wall when I want them out...

sabin333
replies: 19 views: 2,574
IkennaFuNkEn 1 day ago

Hey guys, I have the chance to get a big place and build multiple studios in there, which would be rented for a cool price to...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 2 views: 233
E Artsy Moods 1 day ago

Hi all, I've been reading this forum on and off for years, and finally am in a position to start my build! I've read Rod's...

Chris1234
replies: 8 views: 607
Chris1234 1 day ago

How the heck can I upgrade to the full version? So I purchased Dirac Live last august, the standard stereo version. Now id...

Kimotei
replies: 12 views: 875
jrhager84 1 day ago

It's light, open on the ends, free standing and portable. Any reason it would not be good for a back wall bass trap if filled...

AudioWonderland
replies: 15 views: 849
AudioWonderland 1 day ago

Hi guys, I'm making a mixing room. I've finished the basic insulation with fiber glass woodboard and drywall in all 6 surfaces....

vanzeng
replies: 38 views: 1,034
JohnPM 1 day ago

Hello, I asked for advice here in the past year about building my own bass traps and a lot of nice folks helped me out, so I...

dramis
replies: 51 views: 12,151
dramis 1 day ago

So I recently purchased a pair of Focal Alpha 80's Im lucky to have a large audio store near me that has a dedicated monitor...

TheGoldenOne
replies: 0 views: 243
TheGoldenOne 2 days ago

Hi I have DIY soundproofed my small wooden shed quite well for my purposes and location and now I'm working on the DIY...

Seos
replies: 46 views: 1,397
Seos 2 days ago

Hi everyone! new here. I was thinking on putting some treatment inside my bedroom room. the only issue I have found is that it is...

MikeOS
replies: 8 views: 300
MikeOS 2 days ago

I’ll be building a house in southeast Michigan within the next few years, and I want to build a studio to suit my needs on the...

derkerock
replies: 11 views: 418
mocomber 2 days ago

My first post here.... I just bought a new place and I’m left with an L-shaped room for recording and mixing...or at least...

Dwayne19
replies: 4 views: 334
Dwayne19 2 days ago

I've been converting an extra bedroom in my house to a mixing room that doubles as a vocal booth with free-standing gobos. My...

jkkkjkhk
replies: 8 views: 276
jkkkjkhk 2 days ago

Hi there! This is my first post and I hope this is the correct place for it. Im building panels for my studio and I bought...

MarkGraysonMusic
replies: 0 views: 257
MarkGraysonMusic 3 days ago

Hello, I've been reading this forum for the past 2 months and have embarked on my own DIY home studio. For those bass traps...

ElliotP.
replies: 1 views: 258
ElliotP. 3 days ago

Hello! first time in this forum, even though I read bunch of them didn't understand 10% of it.. anyway I just finished...

shimoyjk
replies: 13 views: 693
avare 3 days ago

Hello guys, Has anyone ever heard of someone building a soundproof "room-in-a-room" that can be disassembled? The...

ThomasNL
replies: 6 views: 512
Sebg 4 days ago

Hello all! Finally got my house paid off, and wanting to move my little home studio into the garage and out of the actual...

roncore
replies: 2 views: 418
roncore 4 days ago

So i'm building a studio and have all my measurements etc.... I'm limited in space, (garage) but want to have at least 10-11 feet...

T-Jac
replies: 20 views: 6,078
roncore 4 days ago

I have my monitors set up directly in front of a window with blinds and a set of curtains closed. I Have bass traps either side...

Dome1
replies: 0 views: 267
Dome1 4 days ago

Let's say I created a HH resonator using 200mm slat width. Treatment (absorption) looks like...

JayPee
replies: 1 views: 269
avare 4 days ago

Hi I got my small room with some rockwool panels I've build, recently I add more 5cm rockwool panels to my 10cm rockwool panels...

kfir26
replies: 24 views: 1,297
JayPee 4 days ago

So I have this 10x12 Space that I am using to build my studio in. It's just for recording vocals and producing beats. I have...

YoungSingh
replies: 8 views: 2,232
phillipthe 8th 4 days ago

I want to build some gobos for my recording room. I've decided to have them fully absorbing on both sides. Each gobo will be...

nixoblivion
replies: 17 views: 1,168
shimoyjk 4 days ago

We have a studio in an old building and the creaking and other noises from the upstairs tenant make it into our recordings. It...

tapes
replies: 0 views: 257
tapes 4 days ago

Hello everyone! I am one step away from signing a deal for new house in which I want to build mixing studio. My worries are...

Dakoda314
replies: 6 views: 417
avare 4 days ago

So as of now I've watched and read about how to build an acoustical environment in a home studio. I guess I'll be starting from...

Str8representing
replies: 3 views: 268
johannburkard 4 days ago

I dunno how to call this room mixing, mastering or whatever, what I'm doing is rap beats. So the question is is it ok to have...

Str8representing
replies: 4 views: 384
Str8representing 5 days ago

Hi! My name is Daniel, im new here.. Few days ago i decided to open my own recording studio (on budget) i found place where i...

Szorek
replies: 0 views: 276
Szorek 5 days ago

REW was giving me reasonable results yesterday. Today, I get complete nonsense. What...

chrismeraz
replies: 35 views: 846
JohnPM 5 days ago

Hi. I'm building a studio and I've been following advice from both Rod's book and John Brandt's youtube videos but I'm...

C247
replies: 6 views: 321
C247 5 days ago

hello i'm nixon i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm & powder...

datal4b
replies: 14 views: 511
datal4b 5 days ago

Hello, for those of you who do not know, I have been in the process of converting part of my home's 2 car garage into a small...

Jason Foi
replies: 68 views: 2,754
Skol303 5 days ago

Hey fellow slutz, I remember reading somewhere that perforating the wooden frame on these panels allows for more air to reach...

Mike_MA
replies: 0 views: 272
Mike_MA 5 days ago

I live in South Korea and there are two main companies that do these acoustic treatment jobs.. I don't know which to choose...

qkrzazzang
replies: 0 views: 288
qkrzazzang 5 days ago

This is an unusual one. I want to record sounds and play them back through some sort of transducer/mini speaker that would be...

RickD
replies: 2 views: 371
datal4b 5 days ago

My listening room has a concrete ceiling that is hidden by a "drywall ceiling". In the attached image, the blue...

ViniciusM
replies: 1 views: 304
avare 5 days ago

Hi. A have designed and built mastering studio, works fine, I can do work in it, but the problem is that I over absorbed some...

alexrj
replies: 8 views: 504
Adhoc 6 days ago

This may be a little thing, but... First off, thanks much to Soundman2020 for the GREAT...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 3 views: 377
johannburkard 6 days ago

Hi, I'm looking for fabric to cover my DIY bass traps. I live in Derbyshire and there doesn't seem to be any suitable supplier...

ChrisCummins
replies: 4 views: 978
beeboss 6 days ago

I’m about to be doing all new drywall for a residential home that will also double as a space for editing and sound production....

tmrws
replies: 6 views: 453
avare 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search