The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 310,401
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 0 views: 1,735
Northward 6th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 295,693
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 111,190
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 236,871
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I’m going to be picking a room in a new house to make my new studio (production, mixing) and ideally I’d like to use the back...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 54
Starlight 1 hour ago

Hi All, Planning my studio-build for the 2-car garage here in our single family home in Redondo Bch (Los Angeles / South Bay) ....

SYGNAL
replies: 10 views: 543
avare 1 hour ago

trying to get the best possible flat response from a 17'x10' x 7' high room. I've taken my first REW readings with an ECM8000. I...

Bakelite
replies: 5 views: 253
nms 2 hours ago

I have to share my music studio with my home work office. I don’t really have an option to move anything so I’m stuck with...

Tahoebrian5
replies: 11 views: 361
Tahoebrian5 9 hours ago

Setting up my control room and going down the "does this sound better?....does this sound better?... does this sound...

Helmz
replies: 19 views: 375
Soundman2020 9 hours ago

I see most people putting up their treatment vertically, but isn't it more efficient to hang them horizontally because you sit at...

goom
replies: 2 views: 246
Soundman2020 10 hours ago

Hi guys We're in the process of converting our garage into a recording room. We already have the adjacent room set up as a...

Sequentialist
replies: 0 views: 83
Sequentialist 10 hours ago

Hi guys! I'm in the process of building a studio inside a house I recently bought. The mix room dimensions are 17 x 13.3ft,...

doliveros
replies: 0 views: 120
doliveros 12 hours ago

Hi I have 2 rooms for my new home studio. I attached REW waterfalls for the bigger (recording) room. Measures are 6,7 x 4,5...

zmatej
replies: 1 views: 320
johannburkard 12 hours ago

Treated room, bizarre spiky peaks and valleys, please help This is the 4th room I have to treat (because of studio relocations)....

ozonepaul
replies: 8 views: 494
Jens Eklund 20 hours ago

Can anyone advise which insulation they recommend using for some tube traps. They are gonna go in between my monitors....

Jonney
replies: 0 views: 171
Jonney 1 day ago

Can anyone advise which insulation they recommend using for some tube traps. They are gonna go in between my monitors....

Jonney
replies: 0 views: 141
Jonney 1 day ago

As many of you know, I am working on a book titled "Recording Studios and Other Acoustic Spaces - a builders guide"...

jhbrandt
replies: 0 views: 168
jhbrandt 1 day ago

Here is a new studio build we are completing. It is aprox. 16ft (W) x 21ft (L) x 7.3ft (H). Attached are some renderings of the...

steven b
replies: 1 views: 334
Hannes_F 1 day ago

Working on a studio build with two very talented engineers however a fundamental question about sound transmission has come...

jml designs
replies: 17 views: 844
tymish 1 day ago

In the application of a decoupled wall, in which soundproofing may be made worse at the resonance frequency and below, can this...

indy1298
replies: 22 views: 552
bert stoltenborg 1 day ago

Dear All, I am using REW 5.1 on Mac El Capitan with a Scarlett 2nd gen 2i4 sound card and a Dayton Mic, both of them with a cal...

gerardochile
replies: 22 views: 622
Soundman2020 2 days ago

I recently tried out Sonarworks in my room and it works great in correcting the acoustic problems, but as I have an Elektron...

NickyG
replies: 0 views: 567
NickyG 2 days ago

Many thanks to numerous posters on this forum! I have learned a great deal over the past few months while researching what I need...

billy33
replies: 12 views: 325
EvilRoy 2 days ago

I recall someone offered pre-made bag / covers you could slip your own fiber boards into? Can't seem to find them now. Anyone...

Wayne
replies: 4 views: 535
Ox Han 2 days ago

Finally finishing up my "5.1 room" in my apartment, and running into a bit of questioning on the surround speaker...

rapscallione
replies: 5 views: 459
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

I was given a large quantity of poly-fil (polyester fiber filling), like what would be used to stuff a pillow, quilt, stuffed...

jdchess
replies: 14 views: 1,706
capoeira 3 days ago

I plan on installing a Single Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner with Heater in my studio. The lowest setting is 23dB. Think...

Dean Landon
replies: 11 views: 440
RyanC 3 days ago

Hi everyone,I'm currently trying to upgrade listening in my bedroom studio a little bit. I have absorbers with air gaps on the...

kukuc
replies: 9 views: 963
Soundman2020 3 days ago

I know that a lot of people like using a mirror and finding the first reflection point that way, but I'm curious if there's a...

Mike Caffrey
replies: 20 views: 584
Soundman2020 3 days ago

Hey, I just bought the Studiobricks One Plus Vocal booth (inside dimensions) 0,90 x 1,50 x 2,10:...

xmasdy
replies: 3 views: 383
Soundman2020 3 days ago

hello i'm nixon i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm & powder...

datal4b
replies: 42 views: 2,203
johannburkard 4 days ago

My wife and I have found small detached building with a view to buying it for use as our personal studio. It is not in use is...

Starlight
replies: 32 views: 1,536
Starlight 4 days ago

Hi, my bandmates and I are considering building a jam space in our bass players garage. It's a double car garage and we want to...

rremando
replies: 4 views: 371
Starlight 4 days ago

Can 65 cm heavy brick walls isolate the sounds made by a truck or a bus passing by the building like literally 3 meters away from...

AlanWalk
replies: 8 views: 971
PJAcoustics 5 days ago

I'm helping a friend, and the only tool I have is Soundflow. His space is tiny, and the depth of insulation can't excess...

JayPee
replies: 7 views: 767
PJAcoustics 5 days ago

Hi everyone! New one here. (also excuse me for my english 'cause I'm a spaghetti eater): So, I'm an Audio Engineering student,...

low_qi
replies: 11 views: 442
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hello everyone, I finally have the means and money necessary to treat my room and create a workspace of some sort. I think (I...

Devoid
replies: 1 views: 300
ozonepaul 5 days ago

So I'm moving into a new place and the wife is not moving with me. This sucks, but it means I have flexibility on house...

RockstarWizkidd
replies: 3 views: 327
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

Hi. I have a new room. It is 4x3'8x3 meters. It is totally dead in highs and lows but have a lot of low frequency...

just_manu
replies: 7 views: 476
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

Hey folks, Recently got very very obsessed with all aspects of music production (I am leaning more towards Dance music such as...

dreamerzz
replies: 5 views: 414
dreamerzz 1 week ago

Hi all! Major thanks to all of the talented sounders who've generously shared their knowledge. I've been working on my control...

withintheflux
replies: 13 views: 475
withintheflux 1 week ago

This forum is full of people looking to improve the acoustics of their rooms. I've seen a lot of bedrooms, L-shaped rooms and...

johannburkard
replies: 2 views: 296
johannburkard 1 week ago

Hello folks. I was hoping anybody who has experience or knowledge of acoustics and materials could help me with a slight...

PartHunter
replies: 6 views: 696
Brian M. Boykin 1 week ago

Hi there, what happens (in terms of physics and acoustics) if we have a porous absorber that is covered with a limp membrane, or...

Hannes_F
replies: 33 views: 1,050
dinococcus 1 week ago

hello I ordered a study furniture from the website acoustic-panels.eu, after the delay of one month and after several request...

grignacarbo
replies: 35 views: 3,344
edopell 1 week ago

Does anyone have any experience using these to insulate your room? I'm using a rehearsal space as a studio and I'm looking for...

usef
replies: 5 views: 410
avare 1 week ago

What are the thoughts on this stuff?

retiredstudio
replies: 1 views: 209
Starlight 1 week ago

Hi All! Last week i finished my panel on the back wall. My goal was to absorb some bass decay, but after doing some...

Davo013
replies: 0 views: 207
Davo013 1 week ago

Last year, I treated my 16 m² room with GIK panels. What I did helped a lot and I may invest some more there but the problems...

johannburkard
replies: 52 views: 2,587
johannburkard 1 week ago

I started to build some bass traps and broadband absorbers (RFZ) for my until now untreated room. Just thought I might share some...

Mark Alpine
replies: 3 views: 762
johannburkard 1 week ago

I have started treating room and before I became aware of membranes I had put up some bass traps in corners, absorbing full...

keenly
replies: 2 views: 1,302
mahlergod 1 week ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,465 views: 293,468
zui 1 week ago

Hi, I started working on my studio acoustics. I bought 4 bass traps of "LENARD Auralex". it didn't make any...

oorishema
replies: 0 views: 253
oorishema 1 week ago

every few years update my setup. think the time is arriving soon.. Ive been toying with the idea to flush/soffit my ATC...

Jonney
replies: 0 views: 230
Jonney 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search