The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 222 views: 289,756
DownSideUp 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 105,561
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 80 views: 280,043
sicfigure 20th February 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 222,952
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

It seems absurd given how many threads there are on this matter but, after several hours of reading, I want to check in one time...

BJosephs
replies: 0 views: 1
BJosephs 4 minutes ago

Hi everyone! I have a quite nasty flutter echo/ring between two bare surfaces in my mix room. It is between the upper half of...

pettah93
replies: 5 views: 94
dinococcus 1 hour ago

Hey there, Facebook flooding with some adverts of Acoustic Panels Store. Friendly prices and nice pics, but no measurement...

Sonic_X
replies: 38 views: 10,347
dsompa 2 hours ago

hello I ordered a study furniture from the website acoustic-panels.eu, after the delay of one month and after several request...

grignacarbo
replies: 31 views: 1,934
dsompa 2 hours ago

Hey guys! My first post here! Great community here! I'm in the process of upgrading/tweaking my system and there's one...

Egoquaero
replies: 6 views: 280
deedeeyeah 3 hours ago

My listening room has a concrete ceiling that is hidden by a "drywall ceiling". In the attached image, the blue...

ViniciusM
replies: 33 views: 867
Glenn Kuras 4 hours ago

Hello guys,I have a room in my home that is my home studio and my bedroom as well. When recording vocals, I am having a lot of...

producerxtr
replies: 11 views: 400
Glenn Kuras 5 hours ago

I just purchased a pair of Amphion One18's. Unfortunately when placed on my stands, the tweeters are 2" higher than the...

Lazer Toms
replies: 5 views: 270
Lazer Toms 5 hours ago

I'm building (having one built) a home recording studio/garage. I know very little about electricity. What should I say the...

CrankyChris
replies: 1 views: 326
Speedskater 8 hours ago

Hi! My name is Daniel, im new here.. Few days ago i decided to open my own recording studio (on budget) i found place where i...

Szorek
replies: 2 views: 363
Skol303 10 hours ago

Hi! I have come to a point where my desk is cluttered af with effectpedals and synths and I need to be creative. I use every...

neoking
replies: 1 views: 260
Sixsa 11 hours ago

I am building a studio in the living room of my apartment. I am on the top floor, and the sound leaks quite a lot to the...

trejeanmarie
replies: 0 views: 99
trejeanmarie 11 hours ago

Hello. First, all of the walls are made of wood and the ceiling is concrete. There is a lot of reverb and frequency clashes,...

qkrzazzang
replies: 0 views: 121
qkrzazzang 14 hours ago

Hi! I'm at the last step of my studio build, choosing monitors! I looked forward to upgrade my current super cheap 15 year old...

ostfisk
replies: 0 views: 189
ostfisk 1 day ago

Hi all, I'm toying with the idea of building myself a small rack, or perhaps a shelf with some rack space included. Currently...

Bilb
replies: 2 views: 400
2manyrocks 1 day ago

I just finished building some big new front corner traps and a cloud. The good news is that my decay time is way down and the sub...

EastNashRocker
replies: 39 views: 1,202
akebrake 1 day ago

Hello. I have just gotten a Yamaha HS7 and I have them placed almost 6 inches away from the wall. Do I place bass...

musiclover_gol
replies: 4 views: 430
nms 1 day ago

Hello All! So, a 19" wide rack isn't exactly 19" (internal wall-to-wall). 1 RU isn't exactly 1.75" (actually...

camacozie
replies: 6 views: 357
camacozie 1 day ago

Hello all, Curious, when using REW it states on the measurement meter (DBL meter) that we are to use an external meter and not...

Jaminyte
replies: 0 views: 276
Jaminyte 2 days ago

I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a good mix in a medium sized bedroom. I've seen some of my favourite musicians...

OolalavSuperfukk
replies: 42 views: 1,423
JayPee 2 days ago

Currently helping consult and construct a small studio build from the ground up. The plans are from a well respected...

EMMST
replies: 10 views: 423
RyanC 2 days ago

Thinking of having a 48 x 48 ft steel building built. (dotted outline on image). All insides rooms wood framed with about 6"...

Davesdrums
replies: 7 views: 544
Davesdrums 2 days ago

Hello, I have my monitors setup on stands. Looking from a little above my listening position, I am able to see the top...

Woodhouse
replies: 1 views: 318
Mushy Mushy 2 days ago

I understand the difference in the two. Not the distinction. I get that diffuses are mathematically "perfect", and...

CrankyChris
replies: 5 views: 464
Ultrasonic_UK 3 days ago

Hi, Hope everyone is doing well. Posting after a long time! So, I am in a situation where I foresee myself moving to a new...

LoveEnigma
replies: 6 views: 389
LoveEnigma 4 days ago

Drummer/all around musician, unfinished basement, want to block sound and not bother my family and neighbors. I can do RSIC...

Bruton20
replies: 4 views: 334
RyanC 4 days ago

Hello slutz, Ive read through a few threads - apologies if this has been asked a million times.. I have a awkward space...

juna2
replies: 3 views: 480
Glenn Kuras 4 days ago

Hello All, This is my first post on Gearslutz, though I've been an avid (pun) reader for a while. Hope I found the right subform,...

Rabbler
replies: 37 views: 2,177
HackyZach 4 days ago

I want to build my own 2D diffusors to complement purchased units (RPG). I find 2D wood diffusors simply too expensive. Based...

Synthpark
replies: 2 views: 292
Synthpark 4 days ago

Hi all, I'm coming to the end of my Control Room re-do and wold love to get a little input on some REW data. I've read the...

Steve Boynton
replies: 7 views: 479
Steve Boynton 4 days ago

I live in Uppsala, Sweden, not far away from Stockholm. My rental apartment is on the third floor in a four floor apartment...

kamar
replies: 0 views: 291
kamar 4 days ago

Hey guys, I have the chance to get a big place and build multiple studios in there, which would be rented for a cool price to...

E Artsy Moods
replies: 9 views: 528
RyanC 5 days ago

Hello, for those of you who do not know, I have been in the process of converting part of my home's 2 car garage into a small...

Jason Foi
replies: 70 views: 3,088
Skol303 5 days ago

I am trying to figure out the best way to set up my apartment to record acoustic guitar and vocals. I do the other stuff direct....

peterh1050
replies: 1 views: 345
Poinzy 6 days ago

I want to set up my modest sound and recording gear in their own area of the family room. It's not much, at this point just a...

Lokalo
replies: 3 views: 425
weezul 6 days ago

I’ll be building a house in southeast Michigan within the next few years, and I want to build a studio to suit my needs on the...

derkerock
replies: 11 views: 586
derkerock 6 days ago

Let me say a few things before we get started in here. I have purchased 12 panels of 2" Owens Corning 703 4'2"....

facemask
replies: 0 views: 325
facemask 6 days ago

GearSlutz Community, I have the extreme pleasure of building myself a little studio in the unfinished part of the basement of...

mocomber
replies: 0 views: 336
mocomber 6 days ago

So I recently purchased a pair of Focal Alpha 80's Im lucky to have a large audio store near me that has a dedicated monitor...

TheGoldenOne
replies: 1 views: 384
Bushman 6 days ago

Please rate my control room. I've got all decay times under 300ms and I'm about to start on building 2D diffusers. It sounds...

fubusmaximus
replies: 3 views: 442
johannburkard 6 days ago

Hi there... So, I'm building acoustic panels for my room studio. I have a combination of rockwool panels with and without the...

ben37
replies: 4 views: 505
Ultrasonic_UK 6 days ago

A friend of mine is building a studio in Colombo, Sri Lanka. It’s on the 3rd level of a building. The material used is brick...

CJ1973
replies: 0 views: 334
CJ1973 1 week ago

I'm going to create portable panels for recording the voice, the gikacoustic pib is only 10 cm thick, do you advise me to use a...

grignacarbo
replies: 0 views: 363
grignacarbo 1 week ago

Hi everybody! Hope this is the right place for this.... I work as an mixengineer and producer. I have a smal space wich is...

DrouggieSounds
replies: 2 views: 477
DrouggieSounds 1 week ago

In my home studio, I only need the dimmer when I’m mixing. Dim light helps me hear better, even with my eyes closed. It’s a...

freshtapescent
replies: 2 views: 365
dzb 1 week ago

Heard good thick rubber flooring could be used for good soundproofing. Is this true? As the price on this is very nice for what...

Kragle
replies: 19 views: 8,992
jhbrandt 1 week ago

hello, I have attached a file of a famous acoustic engineer who says that to absorb the low frequencies from 100 to 200 hz it is...

grignacarbo
replies: 1 views: 429
Ultrasonic_UK 1 week ago

hello I have very small room dimensions available for my mixing room. the room is 1.5 x 4 metres and is 3.1 metres high. all...

HomelandMixing
replies: 1 views: 393
johannburkard 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I want to attach the details of my acoustic measurement made with REW and a DBX RTAM measuring microphone. The...

Haruki
replies: 6 views: 419
johannburkard 1 week ago

I want to get acoustic panels that I can put on stands when recording vocals, and that I can mount on a wall when I want them out...

sabin333
replies: 19 views: 2,716
IkennaFuNkEn 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search