The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 253,398
DanDan 3rd April 2018

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 260,571
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 204,940
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 95,362
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hi there, I just finished installing some GIK bass traps in my listening/mixing room. While reverberation time has definitely...

Alfama
replies: 2 views: 170
Alfama 1 hour ago

I just watched this video of the beautiful fractal structure of the RMIT Capitol Theatre. I am wondering if this is decoration or...

robertopisa
replies: 4 views: 300
Starlight 1 hour ago

Hello together, time for my second thread. I have a well treated room. Walls and ceiling are completely covered with...

Rob Gordon
replies: 10 views: 378
Rob Gordon 2 hours ago

I'm working with an interior designer and a builder on a basement rehearsal space that will also be used for some recording. I...

jabraham
replies: 0 views: 50
jabraham 2 hours ago

Hi! I'm an amateur musician/producer who has been lurking here for a few years. I've recently invested in my first pair of decent...

zyaku
replies: 0 views: 81
zyaku 5 hours ago

Hello Gearslutters Since my studio will be a hybrid room I have the difficult task of treating the area for mixing AND recording...

eljefe
replies: 0 views: 76
eljefe 6 hours ago

I'm about to convert a back yard outhouse utility shed into a music space. It's wall structure is bricks only. Roof is 100mm...

DVST
replies: 2 views: 154
Starlight 9 hours ago

I am trying to understand why I have that big deep between 100Hz and 1KHz. As you can see, sound panel are DIY with knauf panel...

marco_fantino
replies: 10 views: 478
marco_fantino 9 hours ago

Hello! The inner leaf of my hybrid room will be 4.7m X 9.8m X 2.8m or 15' 4" X 32' 2" X 9' 2" So as you...

eljefe
replies: 91 views: 1,584
eljefe 13 hours ago

howdy! i live in a row home in philadelphia. while the dream would be building a room or mixing at the studios I track at, the...

softbrush
replies: 1 views: 213
Jason Foi 20 hours ago

Hello everyone, I just finish my studios acoustic treatment. I test with the arc2 and REW. I would like to need your reviews....

usoygur
replies: 3 views: 473
usoygur 1 day ago

Hi guys Just wanted to share my bad experience with John H Brandt I found his info here on gearslutz and hired him to design...

JohnWaves
replies: 20 views: 983
Northward 1 day ago

So I got myself a really small whisper room for free, this is their smallest model I believe. The inner dimensions I have to...

Monstrance
replies: 10 views: 401
Starlight 1 day ago

Hey y'all!! Hoping I can pick your brains on some basic acoustic treatment and philosophy in a new room I am going to move...

West0n
replies: 5 views: 352
West0n 1 day ago

Hi folks, i am building a cabin in my back yard to use as a home studio and knowing little about electrics i am not sure what i...

pquinn
replies: 3 views: 339
Speedskater 1 day ago

Who designs high-quality rooms? My room is 44ft, by 26ft with 15ft ceiling.

Rainorshinegrind
replies: 14 views: 745
Hammer Mark 1 day ago

This seemed the best place to post this. Please move if, not. We're finally at a point where we're buying a home again. I...

Pindrive
replies: 0 views: 288
Pindrive 2 days ago

hi folks, I have a question maybe quite stupid for my lack of knowledge, I bought traps of bass gik monster bass traps and I have...

victoredmundo
replies: 6 views: 532
ths61 2 days ago

I read through a bunch of threads but I still have some questions regarding ceiling soundproofing. The more I read about...

Oh Henry
replies: 14 views: 413
DanDan 2 days ago

As you can see I am new to this forum, I have been here a while grabbing good information as I go. I am in the process of...

RedTone
replies: 7 views: 472
RedTone 3 days ago

Hello. Looking for nice and quality speaker stands for Adam A77x. Possibly in EU. Anyone with any experience or info please help...

xmein
replies: 4 views: 257
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hi, So i have a new room to be able to set up my recording studio in - 5.77m length x 3.16m wide x 2.42m height. Was...

praash
replies: 14 views: 367
Jason Foi 3 days ago

I’m getting ready to put up new ceiling treatment, and I wanted to consult with the folks here before I begin. My room...

twinned
replies: 3 views: 307
DanDan 3 days ago

Hey Gearslutz, Decade long lurker, new poster. I'd appreciate your advice! I just moved into a house and am setting up my...

Tristana
replies: 2 views: 346
sheggs 3 days ago

hi Guys, could you have a look at this link and see if these numbers look exaggerated or not? I was thinking of making some bass...

Bakelite
replies: 15 views: 663
Bakelite 3 days ago

I know the thicker the better, but I have already built the 2” 2x4 frames with OC 703. I have several 4” 2x4 OC 703 and Knauf...

henryrobinett
replies: 9 views: 394
DanDan 4 days ago

Looking for a studio builder to redo a small private mix room in manhattan. Original build has isolation issues so want to re-do...

mongoman
replies: 3 views: 807
tilt3567 4 days ago

I'm looking into a new studio space that has minimal sonic bleed to the outside except for through a few windows. The windows are...

jsbeeth
replies: 16 views: 655
drongo 5 days ago

Hi there, While since I've been on..... I have a basement/cellar I'm converting to a studio. I'm going to do room within a...

drongo
replies: 0 views: 233
drongo 5 days ago

Hello, I’m trying to time align the sub That’s a picture of a 30hz sine, between the ones from the speakers and the one from...

elan
replies: 96 views: 1,668
elan 5 days ago

I am planning a small home cinema conversion in my garage, and have two pipes in the room which I am unsure how to approach...

McDuff
replies: 11 views: 380
Jason Foi 5 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 839 views: 260,886
ths61 5 days ago

Hi, I'm planning to retain commercial space for a private music recording and production space. It would be nice to have a...

slutter
replies: 5 views: 396
slutter 6 days ago

Hello Guys, I've gone through the forums and read a bunch of posts regarding room treatment, and over the past several weeks...

dhaknam
replies: 4 views: 457
dhaknam 6 days ago

New guy here, old audiophile, 66 next month. Been a gear junkie since the Navy days back in the 70's, but never really addressed...

ShadowCat2016
replies: 1 views: 402
DanDan 6 days ago

Hello there, since i haven't found the answers to my question by searching, i opened a new thread. I moved into a flat in...

Jonas Lasse
replies: 1 views: 399
M Albazy 1 week ago

So this room is not my permanent studio l. I'll be moving in a few years but the walls and ceiling are all off white. I want to...

Limit54
replies: 4 views: 392
pief 1 week ago

Hello, This is my first time posting to this forum and would like to get some help regarding my rooms acoustics. i've...

nlwouter
replies: 1 views: 390
DanDan 1 week ago

Hello! How do you find your studio desk with a piano tray to be when typing on it? Desks like...

Velokki
replies: 4 views: 370
Velokki 1 week ago

So I just finished putting together a studio that took me about 10yrs to get going! I finally have the proper sound isolation and...

lovemonkey3833
replies: 2 views: 404
lovemonkey3833 1 week ago

Hey guys, I just bought my first house! This is the room I will be using. As you can see it has carpet on one side and raised...

kevut2002
replies: 9 views: 572
Bakelite 1 week ago

I am considering building some nested diffusers for a music room using QRDude to design/model it. Is it a good design to have...

ths61
replies: 1 views: 415
Jerbery 1 week ago

Hello! I'm wondering what would be the preferred method of measuring RT60 of a huge hall? Say RT60 = 5-6 sec. And what would...

ReDRuMx
replies: 1 views: 353
DanDan 1 week ago

Hi I live on the second story of a two-level apartment complex. I have neighbors to my right, and beneath me. I do not know...

SOdayforte
replies: 3 views: 361
Rod Gervais 1 week ago

I am planning on building soffits out of diy open back frames, and am wondering what sort of insulation would be appropriate....

Temple of Light
replies: 15 views: 717
DanDan 1 week ago

Hi. I was curious if anyone has a go-to supplier somewhere near Toronto for studio/heavy doors. I've moved into a previously...

AGM
replies: 0 views: 280
AGM 1 week ago

I realize this is a lengthy post, so here are the upfront questions (context is below): Is there a better desk solution to...

formula428
replies: 21 views: 820
DanDan 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 367
bit mangler 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I'm finally about to start building a "hybrid" control room (hybrid, meaning that apart from mixing,...

The Tenant
replies: 5 views: 425
DanDan 1 week ago

Hi! I'm just done building my first bass traps and am really proud of the result :) They are panels around 60X120X15 cm,...

heysimo
replies: 3 views: 480
Mike's Mix Room 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search