The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 3,496
Northward 2 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 316,465
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 299,869
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 112,063
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 241,791
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Many questions. Seeking expert advice. Overview: I'm having a new home built, but it's not custom. I get the 2nd floor suite...

Tim the Grey
replies: 29 views: 690
Tim the Grey 2 minutes ago

Hi all, I'm really excited to finally start plans on constructing my own proper recording space. I've got a load of really...

janalex
replies: 3 views: 121
avare 38 minutes ago

Hi - As I'm planning my garage studio build, one issue that has come up is dealing with the existing 4 collar ties (rafter...

SYGNAL
replies: 9 views: 362
SYGNAL 1 hour ago

Not wanting to start a debate on Green Glue but I haven't able to find this with a search and was wondering if anyone knew the...

thechrisl
replies: 24 views: 732
Roll Tape 4 hours ago

there! This is my first post and REW measurements :) I've done my best to learn from the experts on this forum to build...

Freedom_Finder
replies: 10 views: 453
johannburkard 5 hours ago

Wise ones, I am about to buy a new-construction stick-built house with a large bonus room above the garage -- maybe 25 x 25 with...

808KickDrum
replies: 10 views: 161
808KickDrum 6 hours ago

Hi Ethan, First of all, thanks so much for all the free information you provide to the audio community. You are one of the...

Jose7822
replies: 110 views: 7,527
Jose7822 8 hours ago

Want to build a vocal booth on the cheap, are layered TOWELS wall to ceiling a good option for minimising external sound whilst...

Dalle
replies: 2 views: 525
Dalle 8 hours ago

Looking to begin treatment on my home studio setup. There are some pictures of the room shape attached. I've sent an email...

firsttobelast
replies: 2 views: 188
johannburkard 8 hours ago

What do you guys think? Will this work or do I have to overlap it with carpeting/wood? If this is okay, what should be material...

bassman88
replies: 22 views: 7,677
Teletoby 10 hours ago

Hi, I am going to add some acoustic treatment to my home studio and have been suggested the following glass mineral wool slab by...

LoveEnigma
replies: 47 views: 726
LoveEnigma 10 hours ago

Hello, I’ve been reading threads on GS for years but have finally joined the community. I’m in a new house and turning a...

Jpziller
replies: 1 views: 134
Starlight 11 hours ago

What do you guys think about this? Seems a little to good to be true? Any experience with this...

JulianFernandez
replies: 632 views: 49,468
dinococcus 14 hours ago

Just to set this up, I'm currently working up a design for a diy single room studio and had been considering the benefits of...

thechrisl
replies: 4 views: 230
Jason Foi 14 hours ago

I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with ZR Acoustics products. They look like a paradigm shift in thinking...

cdruzeta
replies: 16 views: 1,234
Northward 15 hours ago

Building an amp iso closet this weekend. The front door will be set at an angle which will make a long and short wall and...

Indellable
replies: 2 views: 188
Jens Eklund 18 hours ago

Damn it why didn't I check this before. Any creative ideas on how I can make this work / look good without wasting a ton of...

hazza26
replies: 7 views: 301
hazza26 18 hours ago
replies: 0 views: 163
Jules 20 hours ago

New to the forum, but it seems like this is where the knowledgeable people are. I'm starting my project to build a drum practice...

Mastiff
replies: 8 views: 264
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hello I am looking for advice regarding what to spend £250 on improving the quality of the recording of instruments in the...

FJK
replies: 0 views: 126
FJK 1 day ago

So I'm planning on getting some new speakers when I finish treating my room and I'm kind of inbetween the Yamaha HS7 and HS8, it...

sbladexxx
replies: 2 views: 163
Starlight 1 day ago

Finally in the new place and starting to plan the new studio! It’s a little complicated, so I’ll try and explain as...

drunmersteve
replies: 2 views: 289
drunmersteve 1 day ago

Can anyone link me to any kind of studio desk building plans/measurements? I'm pretty much ITB but have a couple of rack bits...

eyezenears
replies: 17 views: 6,476
Mark Alpine 1 day ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the forums for a long time, now it is the time to join, because I really need your input. Sooo, I...

F.B.
replies: 38 views: 1,403
F.B. 1 day ago

Hello everybody. I've gone back and forth with the idea of keeping a master keyboard below my desk but I don't want to...

Sry
replies: 2 views: 189
Sry 1 day ago

From the Master Handbook of Acoustics: I noticed on the different scenarios here for the different walls (in the attached...

jml designs
replies: 24 views: 722
northstarroute 2 days ago

Hi all John in the UK here. After a lot of research here and elsewhere, and after reading Rod Gervais's book, I have hired...

jpmch
replies: 150 views: 7,298
northstarroute 2 days ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 27 views: 680
Jag94 2 days ago

There - I said it. I feel better. I've been turning a disaster of a home project studio situation into something that is starting...

rparker
replies: 43 views: 2,618
rparker 2 days ago

I still want to make room treatment for better sound Behinde my speakers a basic room treatment Nothing big, nothing...

gasolin
replies: 33 views: 789
johannburkard 2 days ago

Measuring the frequency response of a control room has always been a simple task, especially with things like REW and a decent...

C_F_H_13
replies: 6 views: 314
C_F_H_13 2 days ago

Hello, My house is made completely from Cross Laminated Timber, it’s wonderful architecturally but not proving great for sound...

MarkR
replies: 6 views: 266
MarkR 2 days ago

Hi guys, My build has started, ground has been dug, slab will be poured in the next few days. Our engineer's plans don't...

Chris1234
replies: 18 views: 570
Chris1234 2 days ago

Hi Guys, I've recently moved into a new studio location and all is good except I get a bit of impact/foot noise from above...

chrisaiken
replies: 19 views: 670
chrisaiken 2 days ago

So, I'm building my second studio on my roof floor. I have plenty of space and can build a dedicated control room, but I can't...

Vesta
replies: 9 views: 416
Vesta 2 days ago

Hello everybody, I want to start by saying a big thank you to all the people in this forum that helped me so far (directly and...

cllhcs
replies: 1 views: 230
avare 2 days ago

So in designing my drum rehearsal/practice studio, I am trying to achieve as much isolation as possible. 10 feet outside the room...

Jag94
replies: 7 views: 469
dinococcus 2 days ago

Hello everyone! I just purchased a pair of rockit 10-3 G4 and was thinking to flush mount them in the wall? I know the cooling...

Erion
replies: 5 views: 521
Starlight 2 days ago

Any advice to these baffles before I add the final layer of insulation and screw them closed? I’m cutting the 6” ducts on...

jml designs
replies: 42 views: 2,613
Soundman2020 3 days ago

My studio consists of two rooms: a 24' x 22' tracking room and an 8' x 18' control room. Ceilings are 8'. Both rooms are well...

silentsky
replies: 10 views: 431
Soundman2020 3 days ago

Hey, I have a asymmetric window on the front wall of my bedroom studio. Space between window and wall is just 40cm. I measured...

PeerSoe
replies: 2 views: 279
PeerSoe 3 days ago

The McQuay HVAC Acoustic Fundamentals is now the Daikin HVAC Acoustic Fundamentals. An overlooked classic.

avare
replies: 0 views: 222
avare 3 days ago

Should solid ducts be lined with duct liner? I am unsure whether the extra volume inside unlined ducts would be...

Starlight
replies: 1 views: 212
avare 3 days ago

Hi - Is it possible/worthwhile to make makeshift/fake walls within a larger room out of free standing acoustic treatment...

SARawls
replies: 8 views: 326
SARawls 3 days ago

Excuse the somewhat naive question. When isolating a room within a room, in general terms what are the options when the outer...

Markmanch
replies: 6 views: 317
Markmanch 4 days ago

I hope this isn't too OT (many pinballs have music themes ;)) I'm looking to make a pinball machine more quiet and with that I...

clamsauce
replies: 5 views: 283
jerry123 4 days ago

Hi All, Planning my studio-build for the 2-car garage here in our single family home in Redondo Bch (Los Angeles / South Bay) ....

SYGNAL
replies: 24 views: 1,146
avare 4 days ago

Hi guys, I've asked a few Qs here and have been guided by your wonderful help (mainly DanDan and I can't thank him enough but...

Samion
replies: 11 views: 2,241
oldmate12 4 days ago

One of the corners of my room slopes down to a height of 1400mm. I've got a triangle bass trap that is 1200mm high. I don't want...

Jdee
replies: 3 views: 403
mrfantastic 4 days ago

Hi forum, I'm intrigued by the idea of building a listening room without any parallel surfaces, so naturally I've been lead to...

jonlanghoff
replies: 13 views: 709
akebrake 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search