The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,194
Views: 2,194
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 248,549
DanDan 2 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 255,394
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 201,361
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 94,148
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hi, A little lost after weeks of work. And I'm wondering how far off I am? I've done all the usual stuff. Superchunks in all...

radlid
replies: 13 views: 456
radlid 32 minutes ago

Hello all! I've been scouring the site and so far haven't found anything that would exactly answer all my questions here. My...

CorruptionIMC
replies: 0 views: 1
CorruptionIMC 45 minutes ago

Hi all. This it the room I have for my studio. Can you please help placing bass traps and acoustic panels for such room? I...

shtreebun
replies: 49 views: 1,248
shtreebun 1 hour ago

Can a working diffuser be built out of plastic tubes? Like this Google Image Result for...

gtrdrumsplayer
replies: 0 views: 39
gtrdrumsplayer 1 hour ago

hi slutz, i'm about to optimize my mixing room with some diffusers. until now i have only absorbers on the ceiling, walls and...

kuko
replies: 2 views: 230
kuko 1 hour ago

I am soon starting the soundproofing part of my studio. I have decided to keep the room as one whole unit (despite what some...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 45 views: 582
Jason Foi 2 hours ago

Can anyone link me to any kind of studio desk building plans/measurements? I'm pretty much ITB but have a couple of rack bits...

eyezenears
replies: 7 views: 412
jrl 2 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm setting up a studio in the room and I'm just wondering what kind of treatment I should apply to this ceiling. Do I...

iainchan97
replies: 5 views: 160
SoundPimp 3 hours ago

Hey! Anyone familiar with the construction of double masonry brick walls in prewar buildings in manhattan? I have some Yamaha...

jonathanlee88
replies: 2 views: 88
avare 3 hours ago

I have a vocal booth that I'm treating with dimensions: 11' length, 5' wide, 7' height. The materials that I've purchased are 48...

skitzothebeast
replies: 11 views: 301
skitzothebeast 3 hours ago

Hello all, New to the gearslutz community, thanks in advance for welcoming me in. I have a quick question. Yes I searched...

DanSiego
replies: 21 views: 467
DanSiego 3 hours ago

Would covering rockwool absorbers with a very thin (the stuff used for food) plastic film and then medium thick (breathable)...

SoundPimp
replies: 6 views: 106
Jason Foi 5 hours ago

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone here has modified a gik tri trap, Currently I have 4, I have one in each corner, I am now...

sausy
replies: 9 views: 383
Jason Foi 6 hours ago

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

oddur
replies: 47 views: 3,584
oddur 6 hours ago

A friend today claims ; That slats over absorbtion while providing some much needed reflections in some cases, can also...

dodittydada
replies: 57 views: 8,411
ostfisk 7 hours ago

Hello all. I've been successfully tracking in my house in a spare bedroom but Im glad to say I've been experiencing some...

FelizSounds
replies: 8 views: 197
FelizSounds 9 hours ago

Hi, I have a recording space in need of help. It's a rather small space, something like 2.25m wide, 5m deep and about 3meters...

AMelbye
replies: 12 views: 1,386
DanDan 10 hours ago

i do not want to staple or glue anything to my recently finished walls so i am looking to go with hooking some noise canceling...

redemption91
replies: 48 views: 14,230
Muhammedthanveer 10 hours ago

Hi! I just finished building the studio: outer shell: 275cm height 348cm length 408cm width I then had acousticians...

Stephaan
replies: 0 views: 163
Stephaan 12 hours ago

I am mounting my small bedroom studio and I need some help how to place my speakers and add acoustic treatment on corners and...

mozca
replies: 2 views: 280
mozca 16 hours ago

Hey gearsluts kfhkh I've finished the structural build of my new studio, full 'room within a room' - drywall, stud walls stuffed...

oli.bw
replies: 1 views: 262
Temple of Light 18 hours ago

Hi there, I am looking to install some acoustic panels in our office, hidden as movie posters from different films we have...

mikeryanw
replies: 2 views: 243
elegentdrum 19 hours ago

So, I’m a drummer but I can track decent guitar, bass and vox. I have almost completed my gear collection goal for this month,...

GreySlothStudio
replies: 2 views: 220
Bushman 19 hours ago

So basically I don't have any tools or really a place where I could use tools since I live in an apartment so building a frame...

Zig_Zag
replies: 0 views: 235
Zig_Zag 19 hours ago

I'm looking into a new studio space that has minimal sonic bleed to the outside except for through a few windows. The windows are...

jsbeeth
replies: 14 views: 507
DanDan 23 hours ago

Hello guys! I've been a reader of the forum occasionally from quite some time and always enjoy the discussions and information...

Maxxed
replies: 9 views: 227
Starlight 1 day ago

Hey everyone I have the opportunity to temporarily turn a french Chateau into a recording studio for 2 weeks. This would be a...

johnnyalucard
replies: 7 views: 357
johnnyalucard 1 day ago

Hello guys! I've been a reader of the forum occasionally from quite some time and always enjoy the discussions and information...

Maxxed
replies: 0 views: 52
Maxxed 1 day ago

Closing in on the finishing stages of setting up my new mastering room and reevaluating certain things.. Despite having read a...

aleatoric
replies: 6 views: 471
aleatoric 1 day ago

I just thought I'd share my new build so far. I once said I'd never want to do another after a third time... Turns out I'm really...

Mrtoast34
replies: 0 views: 239
Mrtoast34 1 day ago

Hi there, the title is pretty self-explanatory, but I want to build flush mounting for my Geithain RL906 which are ported on top....

whippoorwill
replies: 2 views: 264
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Basically finished with my new room and it's sounding amazing! I brought with me 4 GIK GridFusor's from my old room and am...

aleatoric
replies: 3 views: 294
aleatoric 1 day ago

Could someone explain the differences between Boggys MLS and Newells sequence?? When each of these is appropriate?? Also ...

Yiannis
replies: 46 views: 6,462
DanDan 1 day ago

Hey all, I’ve been hunting for FR burlap or similar for our soon to be built panels. I can’t seem to find a pure white. I...

Fluxo
replies: 0 views: 243
Fluxo 1 day ago

Hello! I'll be building some bass traps and the only issue left is the fabric. Now, i'd like to print some art/images onto...

basickarl
replies: 3 views: 266
basickarl 1 day ago

Hi All, I purchased a small studio apartment that is in the process of being gutted. The walls are currently opened up and...

patrickphillips
replies: 1 views: 217
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hello, all - I have been seeking to optimize the acoustics of the large control room of the music studio. I've tried various...

Presocratic
replies: 7 views: 342
Jason Foi 2 days ago

I have the latest version of ARC and the new mic... Question: with regard to the measurement mic placement, how far is best...

bgood
replies: 0 views: 262
bgood 2 days ago

Hi all, I have a room of dimensions 15” X 30” floor and 11” high. The floor and ceiling are very thick concrete (it’s an...

melonmachine
replies: 5 views: 338
johndykstra 2 days ago

I want diffusers above my head, and i dont want to make any holes in the ceiling so I am looking at these lightweigh...

SoundPimp
replies: 25 views: 394
johndykstra 2 days ago

Hi all, I've been lurking and reading for a while now, trying to put together what is the best way to improve my spare bedroom...

jrl
replies: 0 views: 230
jrl 2 days ago

Hi im tryin to sound proof my room or reduce noise transmiting as much as possible. someoone recommended me to use MLV aka mass...

TomcaTT87
replies: 32 views: 1,717
RyanC 2 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 830 views: 255,295
petergel 2 days ago

I've stumbled upon the information that human hearing is not affected severely from nulls in the frequency response, instead,...

engin
replies: 46 views: 1,087
engin 2 days ago

Found this Selecting the Right Acoustic Material Any general experiences thoughts etc, fire away - I'm not doing this...

bill5
replies: 3 views: 311
Temple of Light 2 days ago

Hello there, looking for stands to have my elektron gear and some random other devices standing up in almost an upright position....

setzer
replies: 4 views: 352
Temple of Light 2 days ago

Hi, I get moderate traffic noises and airplane rumbles from window. I want to reduce it without a big surgery so I am...

ioi3323
replies: 2 views: 310
artsci2 2 days ago

Hi I'm going to be moving into a new room, right across the street there's sort of a factory and trucks keep coming in and out...

oranzil
replies: 4 views: 280
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hello! Without actually knowing i've created huge helmoltz resonators in my control room They are 60cm x 40cm...

rokko101
replies: 4 views: 341
DPower 3 days ago

Hello, my name is Javier I'm from Buenos Aires (Argentina), this is my first post here on the forum. I do not write very well in...

paresjavier
replies: 16 views: 1,352
DanDan 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search