The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 4,963
Northward 29th December 2019

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 322,447
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 304,289
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 113,020
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 246,598
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Here is a rough floor plan of my bedroom studio (ceiling is 7.5') My desk as on the 9'2'' wall (there is approximately...

EpicEsquire
replies: 12 views: 550
EpicEsquire 1 hour ago

Hello, I was thinking about buying Canvas art (Because it’s cost effective and I can decorate it by getting albums covers...

Cap1talc
replies: 1 views: 201
Kyle P. Gushue 1 hour ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 1 views: 357
Kyle P. Gushue 1 hour ago

Hello everyone! I just purchased a pair of rockit 10-3 G4 and was thinking to flush mount them in the wall? I know the cooling...

Erion
replies: 20 views: 953
Erion 3 hours ago

Last year, I treated my 16 m² room with GIK panels. What I did helped a lot and I may invest some more there but the problems...

johannburkard
replies: 60 views: 3,312
johannburkard 3 hours ago

I'm planning out yet another studio build. This one will be a mix/production room with new, foundation-up construction. The plan...

EMMST
replies: 14 views: 983
EMMST 4 hours ago

Hello everybody! So today I've finally decided to take some proper care of the control room in my studio. I've known since day...

Sweden_dude
replies: 6 views: 359
johannburkard 4 hours ago

Finally in the new place and starting to plan the new studio! It’s a little complicated, so I’ll try and explain as...

drunmersteve
replies: 5 views: 478
drunmersteve 5 hours ago

Hi, I would like to know your advices about putting silicate boards to soundproof the floor of a room on wood joists. I don't...

david_sxb
replies: 0 views: 149
david_sxb 6 hours ago

hey guys im moving houses and found this house, before i commit want to ask if this room treated can work well for a mixing...

sound joe
replies: 7 views: 186
sound joe 6 hours ago

Hi there, I am planning to built some broadband-absorbers myself. Right now I am using 10cm Basotect at the first reflection...

midmost
replies: 47 views: 4,113
pvillasboas 6 hours ago

Hello everyone, i know this is a annoying topic and maybe this forum is a little bit exaggerated for my little room, but i...

raspiby
replies: 10 views: 576
raspiby 6 hours ago

I just started measuring my music studio. After adding many panels and sub bass these are the results I got. I'm just not sure...

nycruz
replies: 5 views: 347
bert stoltenborg 6 hours ago

Hello All, Me first post here. Im looking into building a Limp Membrane Asorber to get rid of annoying 45hz peak in me tiny...

10 Guitars
replies: 0 views: 186
10 Guitars 7 hours ago

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

oddur
replies: 65 views: 14,374
oddur 10 hours ago

Hey everyone, I'm new to gear slutz! ;) I wanna keep this as short as possible, so it's easier to answer (but its quite a big...

crazyboyliberty
replies: 2 views: 159
Starlight 10 hours ago

As you can see I am new to this forum, I have been here a while grabbing good information as I go. I am in the process of...

RedTone
replies: 43 views: 3,314
RedTone 10 hours ago

Hi! We are designing a new mixroom for the studio and trying to determine the best method of flush mount the main speakers in...

Zebra_PD
replies: 0 views: 142
Zebra_PD 12 hours ago

Is this good enough for me to call myself an Acoustic Designer? Hello guys! i'm happy to share the before and after data of my...

Exprymer
replies: 25 views: 847
TomStevens 12 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm moving to a new house early tomorrow and although I know the very basics about where I should position myself...

Toylil
replies: 6 views: 1,176
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

I can't do construction to my home studio. Would anyone know if I can just put up mass loaded vinyl on my finished interior walls...

TheThing
replies: 2 views: 260
TheThing 1 day ago

Using a double stud wall, is there a significant increase in isolation by making the air gap between your 2 stud walls...

ChanhSizzle
replies: 36 views: 1,156
ChanhSizzle 1 day ago

Hello guys, im new to this so sorry in advance if this post is at the wrong place or something. I am moving to a new room next...

Apsilon
replies: 5 views: 558
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hi guys, This is my first post, and I am somewhat new to music production, although I come from a classical music...

Ck90
replies: 1 views: 480
Bushman 1 day ago

Hi! I’m looking at moving and renting this apartment. I would setup in the “bedroom” but it’s far from a traditional...

JonGegelman
replies: 15 views: 823
JonGegelman 1 day ago

Many questions. Seeking expert advice. Overview: I'm having a new home built, but it's not custom. I get the 2nd floor suite...

Tim the Grey
replies: 37 views: 1,776
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I am building my control room and currently running new power circuits to my dedicated 100 amp sub-panel. I want to have one...

lukasbracewell
replies: 1 views: 516
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hi All, I've done some research but have not stumbled upon any rooms which are as tiny as the space provided to me (attached)....

Artechs
replies: 4 views: 437
avare 2 days ago

In a true dual wall assembly that's decoupled, do the benefits of light gauge steel framing over wood and heavy gauge steel...

matt2will
replies: 19 views: 519
avare 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
Jag94 2 days ago

What if u used two room correction systems working at the same time? in the box: Sonarworks Reference 4 out the box: room...

Walldough
replies: 5 views: 446
Dokterrock 2 days ago

Hi, with apologies if this has been covered already! I've had a good read through every thread I can find, but nothing seems...

Chris1234
replies: 7 views: 423
Chris1234 2 days ago

I need to eleminate the wash and the high frequency noise from my cymbals, i have a small space at the celling just above the...

stage99
replies: 2 views: 577
stage99 2 days ago

I'm building a room in a room on top of a concrete slab. My concern is with keeping sound from leaving the building (other areas...

Mastiff
replies: 10 views: 695
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi all, Over at the John Sayers forum they advocate Soffit mounting near fields very heavily, if you have monitors that suit....

Radial185
replies: 83 views: 17,646
schmidtberg 3 days ago

Anyone have advice in regard to a stone floor? Thanks!

JL1000
replies: 8 views: 518
Carl Freeland 3 days ago

Hello, I have a very non-ideal room where I want to produce an EP. Ceiling is heavily angled, highest part of it is about...

madseason
replies: 0 views: 493
madseason 3 days ago

How would you handle this situation? I'm trying to open a rehearsal studio in a warehouse. So let's make the following...

matt2will
replies: 22 views: 647
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hi everyone, One of my first posts around here, thanks for your time and suggestions. I'm beginning to plan converting a...

shaumbs
replies: 6 views: 695
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Got 4 bass traps 2 x 7 Owens Corning custom built by myself. $100 takes all 4 got to come to Cincinnati to get them though.

robotchicken
replies: 0 views: 494
robotchicken 4 days ago

After taking a long break from playing and writing music I am back at it and in the process of setting up a dedicated space to...

IncenseCedar
replies: 0 views: 451
IncenseCedar 4 days ago

Can this diffuser be turned into a bass trap if i fill the wells with insulation? And add another layer on top of it and cover...

Erion
replies: 4 views: 502
Erion 4 days ago

Beyerdynamic has send me attached file. Is it the correct format to use it in Room EQ Wizard?

Jumpy
replies: 1 views: 340
akebrake 4 days ago

Hello, I'd like to reduce flutter echo in my control room without deadening it too much. I've found some pretty cheap...

Roswell
replies: 84 views: 35,840
Jens Eklund 4 days ago

How do I delete a thread? I see that the question has already been asked, and I have contributed to it.

audiothings
replies: 7 views: 1,323
GoldenOne 4 days ago

I regularly record my band live in our rehearsal space. I have a 16 track digital recording system which I am happy with. Also, I...

Magnus_N
replies: 9 views: 732
Magnus_N 4 days ago

New to the forum, but it seems like this is where the knowledgeable people are. I'm starting my project to build a drum practice...

Mastiff
replies: 64 views: 1,644
Mastiff 4 days ago

Hi I’m reading conflicting and confusing answers. Is there a definitive answer to where is best to internaly mount an XLR/TRS...

jml designs
replies: 4 views: 493
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Anybody using these? HOFA-Akustik Module f They are the cheapest price I have seen yet. Was thinking about ordering some...

anemicrock
replies: 5 views: 15,580
DrMickey 5 days ago

Hi there, I am currently finalizing a financing plan for the construction of a recording studio. My question really only...

Kurt B
replies: 0 views: 516
Kurt B 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search