The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 358,391
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 15,057
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 337,451
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 123,325
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 271,638
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I'm trying to figure out what treatment I need in my home office, strictly for clean voice recording. I do not make music or do...

LSct
replies: 14 views: 280
LSct 10 minutes ago

Dear forum members, Attached a REW package and waterfall, spectogram and GD image of my current 'best' treatment response in my...

TomSleebus
replies: 19 views: 567
MajorNoteStudio 28 minutes ago

Hello Everyone, I'm building a home recording studio and I'm just about finished my four floor-to-ceiling bass traps. ...

richofcanada
replies: 12 views: 323
thirdflr 38 minutes ago

Hello folks, I've got a question regarding my studio setup. I got this one studio which is square shaped which I need to...

karta
replies: 0 views: 29
karta 46 minutes ago

The room is located in the basement and I want use it for recording. Ceilings 8.5 ft high. In the middle, unfortunately, is...

kwaem
replies: 4 views: 159
kwaem 1 hour ago

Hi everyone. First time doing this. Tried to avoid traffic coming past my window so don't know if that has influenced the...

afroblue
replies: 59 views: 1,245
thethrillfactor 1 hour ago

I’ve got 10 4” thick panels made up of Rockwool and 6 4” panels made up of OC 703. I’m assuming it’s fine to use...

dmac660
replies: 14 views: 264
avare 2 hours ago

Hi There, I'd really appreciate some help with this please! I'm going to be renting a fairly small 107 sq ft space to work in....

RaphyTheCat
replies: 0 views: 58
RaphyTheCat 3 hours ago

Apologies, somehow posted this twice by accident....can mods delete this one? Thanks

RaphyTheCat
replies: 0 views: 87
RaphyTheCat 3 hours ago

Don't laugh. The room where I'd like to mix is very small (see attached, 82"x97" with 100" ceiling). Also bad:...

pemberley
replies: 14 views: 438
pemberley 4 hours ago

I have soldered a multi from patch 1 to patch 2. On patch 2 I want to solder a cable that runs to room 3, headphone amp...

RobinJacobsson
replies: 0 views: 61
RobinJacobsson 5 hours ago

hallo i make new acoustic panels with 10 cm width rockwool + bass traps with membrane 35 cm deep, there its my sonarworks result...

dawid123
replies: 3 views: 126
dawid123 6 hours ago

I'm looking for the ideal acoustic material that will be both aesthetically pleasing and remove the small amount of flutter echo...

deancain
replies: 11 views: 397
Hardtoe 6 hours ago

Hey guys! I always came here to search. My first post here. Love this community. Recently I moved to a new house, and I'm...

brunomulinario
replies: 3 views: 218
TomSleebus 8 hours ago

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME ON THIS THREAD, READ THIS. This thread is dedicated to people who have read Rod Gervias' book, Home...

naethoven
replies: 364 views: 85,781
Alchemy Sound 17 hours ago

Hi all - first post. I'm endeavoring to build a very small recording / mixing combo room (Trying to follow Rod's book to the...

oldschoolish
replies: 7 views: 565
miroslav 1 day ago

Hi community members, with a bunch of audio enthusiasts (yes, its non profit) we try to create a list of free audio and...

IngoBingo
replies: 2 views: 154
Cameron Hamill 1 day ago

Hi Members, Just a quick question about the Acoustic Modelling Calculator; acousticmodelling.com I have a very basic of...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 5 views: 230
Cameron Hamill 1 day ago

I saw this entry in the stickied post on Acoustic Designers: Desk Doctor, Bruce Millett Location: Los Angeles, California,...

thechrisl
replies: 0 views: 101
thechrisl 1 day ago

Hello, I would like to rent an office room and use it as a sound studio. The ground area of the room is rectangular. One of...

music_composer
replies: 2 views: 151
jerry123 1 day ago

Just Got my Sonarworks results. Wondering how bad a shape my rooms in. I don’t know if the low end bump and dip is more normal....

Steve4es
replies: 0 views: 124
Steve4es 1 day ago

Hey guys. My wife and I bought a house this week. It comes with a room that I am very excited about for a combo project studio...

Adam Peter Shinn
replies: 3 views: 241
Adam Peter Shinn 1 day ago

I am doing some audio video in my small office which measures 9ft x 10ft x 9ft (high ceiling). The space is kind of awkward with...

LSct
replies: 18 views: 332
rosewood123 1 day ago

Hey everyone. Had a little 703 left over and was inspired by a Justin bierber live in the studio vid where the engineers put a...

Shadow House
replies: 1 views: 128
Hot Sauce 1 day ago

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 3 views: 172
FrankDandrea 1 day ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 890 views: 352,141
Shadow House 2 days ago

Hi, I have too much accumulation of low frequencies in the back of the room and I would like to know how to address...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 7 views: 277
Jens Eklund 2 days ago

Hi all - Although I need to do initial measurements via REW, I have my basic wall & ceiling treatment design which I've...

oldschoolish
replies: 2 views: 241
TomSleebus 2 days ago

Greetings acoustic wizards... I'm ready for your collective brainpower. The Room This is a home studio/office (office...

GravesNumber9
replies: 24 views: 738
ziggysane 2 days ago

Hey all, what is the best software (Mac-based) or methods to calibrate my Studio Monitors (Adam A7X) in a small untreated room?...

Lost_Cause
replies: 12 views: 308
Lost_Cause 2 days ago

I'm looking to find a portable vocal booth solution for voice over recording. I found...

DadofMo
replies: 0 views: 111
DadofMo 2 days ago

I'm wondering if there is a sound meter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that measures sound levels accurately down to 25db to...

siniarch
replies: 14 views: 410
siniarch 3 days ago

Hi guys :) i wouyld like your advice on something. i have a PC with windos 7, PC speakers and i've bought also the iloud micro...

Tiagofdinis
replies: 3 views: 176
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi there! On a budget for a home studio, What you Pro's here would recommend just for solo vocal recording on a...

kencapps
replies: 12 views: 200
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Are these any good: Trying to control standing waves, flutter, mainly in high end. Looking to upgrade from foam. Are...

ThreeC
replies: 2 views: 179
artsci2 3 days ago

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 56 views: 3,447
akebrake 3 days ago

Hey guys. I have an end unit townhouse in the US. Check out the pic with my current setup. ...

ac_music
replies: 0 views: 130
ac_music 3 days ago

Hi there I hope I have filled out my profile correctly. Hoping to get some advice on a build I am yet to start but I have my...

Palmer Eldritch
replies: 0 views: 138
Palmer Eldritch 3 days ago

Insulation Batts with a density of less than 10 kg/m3 (0.62 lb/ft3) (with Rayls/m and Sound Absorption Coefficients - if...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 8 views: 324
Cameron Hamill 3 days ago

Hi all, Without wishing to bore anyone/go into too much detail about my studio design, I have switched from planning a...

drunmersteve
replies: 23 views: 712
drunmersteve 3 days ago

Hi all - I want to build two 4'X4'ceiling clouds, both frames 10" deep, however, the how-to videos that I come across all...

oldschoolish
replies: 71 views: 2,095
oldschoolish 3 days ago

After finishing my new studio I noticed alot of noise and buzzing in my recordings, so I hired an electrician and spend a few...

Chase Orion
replies: 5 views: 209
David Rick 3 days ago

Hi All. This is my first post so glad to be a part of what I have found to be some very helpful people in all the reading I have...

DadofMo
replies: 14 views: 305
MajorNoteStudio 3 days ago

Hey everybody, I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m steadily increasing my VO jobs, but I’m having the issue of my laptop fan...

Daledlf
replies: 10 views: 626
MajorNoteStudio 3 days ago

Hey all, I just finished the sheetrocking of my new studio space. My original intention for this room was multi-use:...

wheever
replies: 13 views: 381
wheever 3 days ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 195 views: 76,029
Cameron Hamill 3 days ago

Hi guys, long time lurker etc... with a probably very primitive question. I'm attempting (!) to soundproof my shed for...

hisrecordings
replies: 4 views: 335
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hi! I'm building a studio at the bottom of my garden. The walls will be made from a double block (with cavity) and the roof will...

ged968
replies: 4 views: 257
ged968 4 days ago

IR-761 is a great resource. With 350 walls test results it is daunting to determine trends and patterns in the results. The...

avare
replies: 11 views: 323
avare 4 days ago

Greetings! I'm renting in an ancient building and am setting up an all-purpose (at least initially) studio room. Use case is...

ryan7
replies: 2 views: 227
ryan7 4 days ago

Moderators