The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 277,331
neopl 27th September 2018

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 204 views: 100,797
JRivs 8th September 2018

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 268,080
DanDan 3rd April 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 215,530
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi, In a biggish room , if I want to put absorbent material on the walls, and maybe the ceiling , how thick do you think the...

audioforce
replies: 13 views: 570
audioforce 29 minutes ago

Drilling isnt really an issue but Im looking for an easier solution.. can I use some sort of 3m commander tapes? Any...

qkrzazzang
replies: 0 views: 63
qkrzazzang 3 hours ago

Greetings everyone, This is my first post on Gearslutz. I have tried to read as much as possible but still I can't find a...

sergiofds
replies: 4 views: 170
avare 4 hours ago

Hello I'm building a home studio (semi-pro) and I'm trying to figure out a few things. I've read a lot (!) of information here...

Sarrova
replies: 4 views: 300
Sarrova 4 hours ago

I have a very heavy HDF bookshelf, 72" x 72" x 15.5" deep (arranged as 16 squares) and we were going to throw it...

formula428
replies: 5 views: 320
standup 5 hours ago

Hi, I have a question for any professional studio designers that may be able to answer. For the purposes of the question,...

audioforce
replies: 1 views: 133
Jens Eklund 9 hours ago

Hey there! Waffle By now I had hoped that the studio I had been planning would be under construction. In fact, the plans have...

Jamming
replies: 17 views: 3,516
Jamming 10 hours ago

Hello friends - My time has finally come, and I'm getting ready to start building my first studio from scratch. I've...

ritteraf
replies: 12 views: 434
ritteraf 17 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of treating my room and here's my current graphs... Both L+R speakers on and tested from both...

Dryza
replies: 14 views: 650
Dryza 20 hours ago

I am sure that there is already a thread like that, but I can't find it anywhere else. I was wondering what are the greatest...

laperlestudio
replies: 0 views: 150
laperlestudio 21 hours ago

I’ve searched the forums and not found anything exactly like this. My vocal recording space at work (high school teacher) is...

OrchDork
replies: 2 views: 272
dinococcus 22 hours ago

I'm wanting a decent amount of acoustic panels (4-6), preferably 2 feet by 4 feet by 2 inches however I cant find them under 200$...

Mrdrumminmachine
replies: 9 views: 399
garysjo 1 day ago

Hi, I've built over a dozen production rooms in various small offices, extra bedrooms, basements, whole floor of homes, etc......

hammond231
replies: 10 views: 188
hammond231 1 day ago

Hello, I’m in the process of constructing my wall assemblies. I have chosen to go with the decoupled double wall assemblies....

EKG Productions
replies: 0 views: 112
EKG Productions 1 day ago

Hi Folks. I can't source green glue where I am - New Zealand. Has anyone had any success or can suggest alternatives? The...

nzl62
replies: 78 views: 22,546
norton 1 day ago
replies: 6 views: 321
bgood 1 day ago

Ok here is... First, I wanted to thanks all the experts here (you know who you are) for being so nice sharing your experiences...

JayPee
replies: 67 views: 3,416
akebrake 1 day ago

Hello everyone, Been a passing/passive reader and recently I’ve taken up to build a small video post studio and would like to...

Hexagonal
replies: 3 views: 433
Hexagonal 1 day ago

OK, so I’m a fan of room correction software. My weapon of choice is Dirac Live (I’ve also used Sonarworks) and I achieve...

Skol303
replies: 77 views: 4,824
Skol303 1 day ago

For those interested, a partner of ours showed me that new product a few weeks ago. It is meant to be used as constrained...

Northward
replies: 4 views: 576
Northward 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I have been searching & reading through similar threads trying to find a solution for an on-going problem of...

mgreiner07
replies: 20 views: 482
mgreiner07 1 day ago

I'm renting a house that has what my landlord believes to have been a practice space in the yard. I'm in the process of cleaning...

tchase
replies: 4 views: 306
Jon Best 2 days ago

Hey everyone, i just had a few questions regarding starting out with treating my first reflection points in a new listening room...

chasingdopamine
replies: 5 views: 368
chasingdopamine 2 days ago

Hello guys, thanks for this wonderful forum! I'm new here and would like to ask you for your opinions. I plan to convert the...

Ondra
replies: 0 views: 201
Ondra 2 days ago

hey there, Does anyone have any extra info on how to interpret the Gearslutz VPR calculator? gearslutz VPR...

Channel time
replies: 10 views: 1,621
housegezeichnet 2 days ago

Hi, got a Fame W200 desk with Munro Egg 150's sitting up on the 'meter bridge' shelf. REW shows unwanted added frequencies around...

Denta
replies: 19 views: 946
Denta 2 days ago

I'm currently putting rockwool in the ceiling and I want white fabric on top. I realised in my other thread that you need 2 cm of...

ostfisk
replies: 10 views: 467
ostfisk 2 days ago

I've seen a bunch of different calculators for various things posted here. I ran across this one a little while ago, and I don't...

audioforce
replies: 0 views: 215
audioforce 2 days ago

Hi, I have a room which is 19 feet long x 13 feet wide x 10 feet high.It is a solid concrete shell . The room acoustics were...

Blue Bus
replies: 42 views: 2,187
sage691 2 days ago

After rummaging through every thread and post I could find about studio desks, I've decided to put together a desk/workstation...

Shane Steel
replies: 84 views: 125,769
Shane Steel 2 days ago

Hi guys! rockout There are indeed some older posts like this but they are mostly outdated. I am looking for some help...

noobist
replies: 19 views: 2,054
SOLON 2 days ago

Hi, I´m building my recording studio. I know my dimenssions and resources aren´t ideal but I´m trying to do best with I...

memocn59
replies: 1 views: 222
Jason Foi 2 days ago

So I just finished setting up my mini home studio in my apartment. There is one window in the room and I'm looking to hang...

Funkfish
replies: 4 views: 529
HeniN 3 days ago

I have a somewhat unique room in my new house that I am hoping to use as a mixing room for live/remote recordings. I have read...

bmillerpipes
replies: 2 views: 315
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Would this room be okay to use as my control room? I know it's small with an annoying duct running through the middle of it (It's...

6inaMRNING
replies: 4 views: 296
Jon Best 3 days ago

Hi my names Joe i'm new here cooge, I was wondering if you guys could help give me your advice on treating my room. I make...

Frocco
replies: 15 views: 601
jzero 3 days ago

Hi, I recently moved and my studio room isn't treated with anything yet. I don't even have curtains up yet, and the ceilings are...

cnyk
replies: 4 views: 409
RyanC 3 days ago

Hi, I am hoping for some assistance in sorting out the densities of my wall. I have a door that I'm going to remove (along with...

kywoman
replies: 0 views: 252
kywoman 3 days ago

Hi Everyone, I've been doing a lot of voice overs recently and am wanting to upgrade my setup. I've decided the best place to put...

Jackash
replies: 0 views: 225
Jackash 3 days ago

Hi all Tried to put some treatment in my room. Two rockwool side panels with pathetic tiny superchunk-style extensions that...

plodsmeade
replies: 3 views: 296
johannburkard 3 days ago

I am designing a studio, detached, new construction. I have an incredible view, I want a big picture window. I have been working...

dlscott
replies: 1 views: 254
Amsoily 4 days ago

Hi! Im in the process of helping some friends plan the acoustics for a small club for electronic music. The space is an old...

pimo
replies: 3 views: 271
pimo 4 days ago

I moved my studio to the garage but the only problem is there is only 1 outlet (2 plugs). How can I determine if I am operating...

ty45
replies: 11 views: 544
Seattle 4 days ago

Hi there, I am thinking about: - layer of cardboard - layer of rockwool All wrapped with fabric and stapled with...

RandomPerson
replies: 8 views: 356
bgood 5 days ago

I'm putting up a bunch of 2" Corning 703 panels in 2 iso booths. I ordered them with open backs (703 exposed) If I space...

spectrasound
replies: 1 views: 256
Jason Foi 5 days ago

Hey All! I have a 3'x6'x2' closet built into a corner of my room that I just realized could be turned into a good sized bass trap...

jeffhart
replies: 0 views: 211
jeffhart 5 days ago

Hey guys first time post here. I have just removed everything from my bedroom and want to build a home studio. It doesn't need to...

Javnella32
replies: 1 views: 272
Bushman 5 days ago

I'm trying to knock down a singular problem frequency in my room @ 55Hz. Playing about with the acoustic modelling calculator, I...

che_guitarra
replies: 3 views: 281
Jason Foi 5 days ago

I have a crazy 125hz problem in my room and I haven't had luck fixing it with corner traps or speaker placement, and being that...

TequilaKez
replies: 5 views: 310
TequilaKez 5 days ago

Hello all, As always, thanks in advance for any advice you can share. I have been perusing many previous threads, but have...

boomwhack
replies: 0 views: 233
boomwhack 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search