The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 228 views: 338,887
Jromero 1 week ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 8,735
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 316,296
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 115,989
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 259,925
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Has anyone by any chance been using...

sonicparticle
replies: 0 views: 1
sonicparticle 12 minutes ago

Hi all. I started reading about monitor positioning and the more I read, the more I get confused. So maybe within this thread...

FlavioB
replies: 9 views: 286
Grovestand 1 hour ago

I think I've tried to ask this kind of question before, but have never seen a definitive answer. I am building a room within a...

princeplanet
replies: 14 views: 320
avare 1 hour ago

Can someone please explain the use of the slot resonator panels behind this guy in the picture? There seems to be a couple of...

camomiletea
replies: 10 views: 177
avare 1 hour ago

OK, now that I have your attention :) , I have recently engaged consultancy for my studio build from someone who claims to have...

princeplanet
replies: 5 views: 135
avare 1 hour ago

Hello, I have a small one room studio (about 12 sqm after treatment), built as a 2-leaf structure. I use small HRV unit to...

kominak
replies: 2 views: 62
kominak 2 hours ago

What are your thoughts? I'm entertaining the idea of building a Scandinavian type barn to move the studio to. It has wood panels...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 1 views: 107
pencilextremist 4 hours ago

Here's a picture of my room: https://i.imgur.com/SXeIZUv.jpg The windows are outlined in purple. They are double pane and looks...

audiophool
replies: 4 views: 190
pencilextremist 4 hours ago

Hi - Couple Quick questions here, greatly appreciate your help. First question: Rather than installing 2 layers of 5/8”...

jml designs
replies: 4 views: 167
Kyle P. Gushue 5 hours ago

Hello everyone, I have a series of questions regarding my new speakers and current room situation. I've got a pair of Adam...

aslutforgear
replies: 9 views: 263
aslutforgear 7 hours ago

Hello, I am in the process of making some acoustic panels. They have 2" wedge foam on the exteriors and cardboard backing....

gearstudent
replies: 7 views: 293
bert stoltenborg 9 hours ago

Hi guys, I hope you're all well! Months ago, I spent many fruitless hours researching baffle box design. There were a few things...

Chris1234
replies: 7 views: 382
Chris1234 10 hours ago

Hello people, I'm trying to finish my new mixing room these days. I have finished my measurements (I'll follow up with a new...

neurotic18
replies: 0 views: 73
neurotic18 10 hours ago

Hello, I have some charcoal-grey acoustic foam on order. That color can be kind of dreary in large quantities, and studio foam...

gearstudent
replies: 3 views: 277
David Rick 14 hours ago

I have a rear corner where I could put a soffit vertically in a corner but the opposite corner/wall has a door - so I couldn’t...

mrbump
replies: 7 views: 290
avare 15 hours ago

Hey, (my english isnt that great) I just bought some bass traps but whenever I go into my vocal booth I start to feel sick...

xmasdy
replies: 1 views: 124
Kyle P. Gushue 17 hours ago

Hello Everyone!! freshflowe I just finish the entire wood structure, and I have 8cm rockwool from another project to cover my...

patata_freskita
replies: 11 views: 3,185
patata_freskita 20 hours ago

So, I've been thinking about a composers desk. I've ripped off the designs of a few different desks I've found around that I...

ndjonz
replies: 29 views: 3,832
DrMickey 21 hours ago

Any advice to these baffles before I add the final layer of insulation and screw them closed? I’m cutting the 6” ducts on...

jml designs
replies: 64 views: 4,812
Kyle P. Gushue 21 hours ago

Hi there! Preliminary info: I have linked a picture of GIK's room builder to show my room's dimensions and layout (height is...

Spaddie
replies: 6 views: 266
johannburkard 21 hours ago

Room is 19'x11'. I've attached the Room EQ Wizard file. All absorption contained in wooden frames is 9" thick of Roxul...

1980mike
replies: 13 views: 391
bert stoltenborg 1 day ago

I have a room with very high ceilings which I think is going to be quite difficult and costly to thoroughly dampen and am...

JoshViV
replies: 0 views: 100
JoshViV 1 day ago

Hi guys We have a door which we do not use anymore (leads to another office) which we would like to sound proof as much as...

MegaMan9
replies: 1 views: 170
Starlight 1 day ago

Hi Could someone take a look at my Mdat please? Basically I think I have as much of the correct type of treatment as I can...

Container1
replies: 49 views: 1,961
Container1 1 day ago

I know people aren’t in love with these but i have an opportunity to get one very cheap as was wondering to what degree one of...

JamesB2229
replies: 2 views: 250
JamesB2229 1 day ago

TL;DR Due to rabid hypochondria, looking for a way to encase fibrous insulation for first reflection panels without causing...

Halica
replies: 5 views: 244
gearstudent 1 day ago

Worth It ?

Hi Guys, i have the opportunity to plan my own studio room from scratch cause we build a new house. The tricky part is the...

Yamaoka86
replies: 92 views: 2,552
ReDRuMx 1 day ago

I've had my mixing room set up in the same way for a while with basic bass trapping in the corners as well as a few shallow...

luke241291
replies: 2 views: 197

hey there, i’m looking for help on choosing which and how many absorbers i’ll want to use to treat my live room, mainly...

schmolmo
replies: 1 views: 150

I know, a metal building is problematic. But if you were to use some sort of spray-type insulation all throughout the interior of...

CrankyChris
replies: 1 views: 138
casiotone 1 day ago

Hello everyone! :) I wanted to ask if you guys can help me treat my room. I just moved in so please excuse the mess but I have...

x22
replies: 1 views: 171
NeveousWreck 1 day ago

Some of my favorite classic studios have asbestos tile on the floors. Of course it's not possible to get these now. Vinyl tiles...

Lord Alvin
replies: 41 views: 1,264
Lord Alvin 2 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 859 views: 324,728
FreakinPavel 2 days ago

Hi guys, After a long (kids related) hiatus, I'm finally coming back to treating my little home studio. A while ago I...

jaginn
replies: 0 views: 130
jaginn 2 days ago

Hi Guys, I'm in the process of building a mix room in my house. Of course this limits me to the sizes and building constraints...

jamesblond
replies: 15 views: 661
Top Knob 2 days ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 17 views: 1,751
avare 2 days ago

Background: Basement project Studio Length 308" width 131" Height 90" The room is pretty tight but the window...

Grovestand
replies: 3 views: 222
Grovestand 2 days ago

Hey slutz, first time poster, so go easy on me:-) I am in an oddly shaped room (map sketch included) for the next several...

Coconut_Head
replies: 4 views: 176
elegentdrum 2 days ago

Hi all, These are my first steps in measuring my home theater (7.1 setup). As I go through the measurements, I'm concerned I...

yg1000
replies: 1 views: 180
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hi guys, I'm building a custom mixing desk and am trying to decide on heights of things. I'm primarily torn between a sitting or...

iipeacefrog
replies: 0 views: 136
iipeacefrog 2 days ago

I have a room that will be a studio for producing and mixing dance music, does anyone have any advice for how it should be...

f2t
replies: 2 views: 156
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hi Could someone analyse my REW? I have some treatment, but I plan to get more. I just wonder what/how many I need. Thanks!

Mark Z
replies: 3 views: 162
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hi, I'm thinking about how to bass trap my small studio, and since I have a tall ceiling, am trying to make use of that...

pablofergus
replies: 1 views: 164
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I have a series of questions regarding my new speakers and current room situation. I've got a pair of Adam...

aslutforgear
replies: 0 views: 114
aslutforgear 2 days ago

Hey everyone. As the title indicates I am building a studio in an old church. We have almost finalized the drawings. A nerve...

Artyskidmark
replies: 7 views: 459
Artyskidmark 3 days ago

I came upon this video, and I thought it was cool the way it actually showed differences between the materials, regardless of...

JL1000
replies: 4 views: 216
GLouie 3 days ago

Hey folks, Finishing off my basement and trying to soundproof it as much as possible so hopefully i can play my acoustic...

MsmithGS
replies: 9 views: 206
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi guys, I've been reading about acoustic treatment for a while and was wondering if my plan to change things around my room is...

Zokun
replies: 2 views: 224
Zokun 3 days ago

Hello.. Firstly thanks to everyone in this forum for the info and advice I have received over the years. This is the first...

Simba.
replies: 1 views: 183
Grovestand 3 days ago

I have a project studio in the back bedroom of a UK Victorian terraced house, which has single-skin brick outside walls on two...

oboemaroni
replies: 3 views: 208
oboemaroni 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search