The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 231 views: 360,498
Cameron Hamill 4 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 15,765
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 340,099
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 124,104
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 272,595
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 328 views: 8,564
Kyle P. Gushue 3 minutes ago

Hey folks, I'm building a soundproof music jam room in my basement (mostly 80's metal). I'm using Rockwool Safe N Sound...

MsmithGS
replies: 3 views: 36
Starlight 10 minutes ago

My GIK panels just arrived, very excited. 1 X Monster Trap 3 X 242 Absorption panels 2 X 244 Bass Traps The room itself...

replies: 2 views: 114
Kyle P. Gushue 35 minutes ago

Hello, I'm working on monitor isolation. Two options are to use...

gearstudent
replies: 4 views: 83
miroslav 56 minutes ago

Hi all, So I'm going a little bit crazy with something that I can't tell if it will actually yield different results after the...

nathandonnelly
replies: 1 views: 76
Kyle P. Gushue 1 hour ago

Hi everyone, I can't decide which one would be better for first reflection absorbtion, flying over the mix position on the...

CemA
replies: 5 views: 831
johannburkard 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, I would be very grateful if I could get some advice regarding the acoustic conditioning of a highschool...

Ricardo1971
replies: 27 views: 338
Ricardo1971 4 hours ago

The title pretty much says it. I'm in the process of getting my iso booth done right. Currently, I have packing blankets and...

Drumsound
replies: 10 views: 238
Hot Sauce 5 hours ago

I have a full basement here in SC that I converted into a studio,...with a control room and a live room. It currently shares the...

LSP
replies: 2 views: 67
Starlight 5 hours ago

(Read post/comment 7# for an update on the situation, most of the info and the main problem is still summarised below...

BarryLimestone
replies: 11 views: 634
Abdalla 10 hours ago

Hello, I hope I am here in the right place. I am building my home cinema and doing acoustics myself. I won't pretend at being a...

kosta88
replies: 48 views: 812
Adhoc 11 hours ago

hi everyone i'm perfecting the acoustic treatment of my vocal booth. The values of the t30 are correct taking ebu tech into...

grignacarbo
replies: 9 views: 196
grignacarbo 13 hours ago

Finished my room plan & need some review before I start the building stage. Any advice or critiques will be...

nomekop2000
replies: 1 views: 98
agoraphobia 23 hours ago

Hey all, I'm working on a basement studio where, as you're facing the speakers, the rear and right walls are concrete block...

ninjadave7
replies: 9 views: 218
avare 1 day ago

Hello my mastering room still not covered by fabrics and here the first measurment after treatment.

makhour
replies: 17 views: 312
agoraphobia 1 day ago

I live in an apartment, so not much I can do about the carpet in the bedroom (which I'm turning into a studio). Any...

hello1221
replies: 40 views: 489
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

Hey, sound folks! Here is the second part of the big article about building a control room for Foley reviewing and editing....

kiddius
replies: 0 views: 83
kiddius 1 day ago

Hi all, I am making preparations for a new space Room size L: 3.38m W: 3.04m H: 2.6m No weird corners in the...

xenozeno
replies: 54 views: 3,214
Abdalla 1 day ago

Hey, i just bought 4 Broadband absorbers from addictivesound.eu 4 inches thick but i got the feeling they just make it even...

zerosixneuf
replies: 6 views: 196
avare 2 days ago

I’m interested in hearing from folks that actually have a soundproofed basement studios, and how they have handled ventilation...

thomearl
replies: 12 views: 256
TomSleebus 2 days ago

Hello guys! new man here, long time reader... never write before. I'm doing some works related to acoustic enhancement of...

K.I.
replies: 5 views: 191
TomSleebus 2 days ago

I know its not the best room but we are going to make the most of what we have Thank you for your advice

OSSO
replies: 7 views: 239
Starlight 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm going to build a dual frame wall as described in Rod Gervais excellent book and have maybe a silly question....

Trubadix
replies: 0 views: 76
Trubadix 3 days ago

My olde house has the original single pane metal frame windows in the basement. Which is also the studio/rehearsal/jam and living...

tymish
replies: 1 views: 94
Starlight 3 days ago

Howdy folks! I have been working on my recording room setup for a year now and have buried myself in Rod's book, John L Sayers...

birdy50
replies: 4 views: 222
birdy50 3 days ago

Hi guys I just rented down here in Rome a small room in a co-working space. I do sound design and music production and I've been...

Intiman
replies: 7 views: 154
Intiman 3 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 894 views: 355,837
woodsart 3 days ago

Hello, I am going to design a music studio inside a storage room of these measures: Length 5.28m (17,32ft) Width 6.6m...

3HeadCat
replies: 7 views: 254
gullfo 3 days ago

I have bedroom where I mix at my desk (I also work my day job remotely at this desk). I have triangular columns of rockwool...

singaiya
replies: 7 views: 214
replaceablehead 3 days ago

Hi everyone I've perused other posts at length and haven't found an answer to what I'm looking for ... hopefully a few of you...

pootkao
replies: 10 views: 437
TomSleebus 3 days ago

Concerning boundary interference, I was wondering if it only occurs against flat wall surfaces. Maybe a simple-ish fix would...

GavinSmith
replies: 6 views: 138
OpusOfTrolls 3 days ago

I made some 30" superchunk corner traps out of Knauf Earthwool. It was cheap, the size was right and I figured the lower the...

replaceablehead
replies: 8 views: 267
Jean Luc Cougar 3 days ago

I'm looking to make my broadband absorber reflection panels and cloud with Guilford of Maine (GOM) FR701, and my bass traps with...

granto
replies: 10 views: 421
Tom Aeolist 3 days ago

I'm not completely sure how I should connect my Focusrite Scarlett 2/4 to create calibration file in REW to use. The help file...

Falcon1
replies: 0 views: 80
Falcon1 3 days ago

Does anybody have any input I’m explaining why some mics seem to be more forgiving than others in untreated rooms? This...

skiroy
replies: 4 views: 153
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

First off I want to say I love GIK and have been using them for 10 years. Right now however, they have a 2-3 month lead time on...

blackmajik2021
replies: 4 views: 296
twolightcrew 4 days ago

Greetings all Im rearranging our rehearsal room to achieve optimal sound for all band members and getting decent recordings out...

Brent Syn
replies: 0 views: 92
Brent Syn 4 days ago

So I was looking at foam and the only thing I could find in terms of broadband/bass was Auralex mega lenrds (if anyone has any...

lonvoc
replies: 17 views: 611
TomSleebus 4 days ago

Hi, For now I have my set up in the corner of the living Room , treatment is not an option , I was thinking of buying an...

Syze25
replies: 9 views: 174
Syze25 4 days ago

So, I bit the bullet and bought my first pair of studio monitors, and took my first REW results for good measure. I'd like to...

PhillipsLJ
replies: 29 views: 369
akebrake 4 days ago

Hey guys! I'm going to move to a "new" house next year which is going to have a dedicated room for a studio. I have...

jozzi99
replies: 18 views: 510
MAXX VADA 4 days ago

Hey guys, thank you for taking the time to check out my thread. I need your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions on how to treat...

AndyAB
replies: 9 views: 268
TomSleebus 5 days ago

Hi, audio people! This year I built a new control room for reviewing/editing Foley. And I am happy to share the first part of...

kiddius
replies: 0 views: 78
kiddius 5 days ago

Hello I have a 14 x 12 x 8 room I want to use for vocals and electric clean guitar. This is not a vocal booth forum as I think...

skiroy
replies: 8 views: 175
avare 5 days ago

I'm doing some upgrades to my basement studio this summer, and one major piece of the puzzle is the floor. The existing floor is...

nightchef
replies: 6 views: 1,089
nightchef 5 days ago

Hello All! I believe this is my first post here, but I’ve been reading and taking notes for a few years now. I’m all...

SLRMusic
replies: 6 views: 187
gullfo 5 days ago

Hello, Today i need your expert ears to give me a bit of light in this things. First we have the well known for you Audio...

alecscash
replies: 4 views: 3,852
Chapperz 5 days ago

Hi there, I have been lurking in this part of the forum for months, bought a few books (which are sadly stuck in my much...

Jean Luc Cougar
replies: 9 views: 240
OpusOfTrolls 5 days ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 197 views: 78,118
replaceablehead 5 days ago

I'm hoping somebody can spell out what I'm seeing in this graph. I used Room EQ wizard, with an SPL meter sitting on a tripod in...

enroper
replies: 36 views: 20,063
JDO 5 days ago

Moderators