The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is with a heavy heart that I received the news this morning that Francis Manzella of FM Designs passed away...

Northward
replies: 10 views: 1,304
Wes Lachot 1 week ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 349,914
pencilextremist 1 week ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 12,044
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 326,492
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 119,129
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 267,347
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Wanting to build some early reflection acoustic panels using Knauf rigid insulation. The guy at the store ask if I wanted foil...

OLDNOOB
replies: 391 views: 5,150
OLDNOOB 18 minutes ago

Hello Guys, So Im in a 15 x 12 x 8 foot room and I attach my REW results of my Listening position. I currently have 11 broad...

skiroy
replies: 31 views: 1,581
skiroy 35 minutes ago

Hi people, I am just finishing off my project studio (not professional, so very low budget) I purchased the Sonarworks...

Muskman
replies: 107 views: 1,421
thethrillfactor 49 minutes ago

Hi all, Long time lurker, first time poster. Happy to be here and thanks for taking a peak into this thread. I'm hoping...

loudspkr
replies: 0 views: 22
loudspkr 1 hour ago

Hi I was wondering what is out there for material that can be placed under a rug to increase sound absorption and maybe do a bit...

shanghaitang
replies: 8 views: 385
siniarch 1 hour ago

Hi, I've heard recently that woofers of the speakers must not be placed at the vertical center of my room. My room is about...

bertru
replies: 156 views: 5,647
Jason Foi 1 hour ago

I am planning to move my setup into an unused loft room in our house. It's currently unfinished so I can do pretty much anything...

orbita
replies: 5 views: 161
dinococcus 4 hours ago

Further to the advice I received here https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=14964624&postcount=2 , does anyone have...

jabraham
replies: 5 views: 223
Frankie Mumbles 6 hours ago

Hello and good day fellow Gearslutz, I know this was a topic before, but I wanted to start a new one because maybe there is...

benmuetsch
replies: 11 views: 325
benmuetsch 8 hours ago

First of all, sorry for my english. I know this is not a purely room acoustic post since I don't talk about bass traps or room...

just_manu
replies: 35 views: 812
akebrake 9 hours ago

I'm building a room in the basement of a house that I'll soon be moving into. The house has a large unfinished open area where...

Burstwurst
replies: 44 views: 1,655
Burstwurst 12 hours ago

Hi All, I am an instrumentalist but due to Covid, I'm trying to get my production room into a flow. I have drawn a diagram of...

robmoreno335
replies: 2 views: 193
robmoreno335 13 hours ago

I got a quote today for 1,400 Euro (I live in Austria) for an acoustics expert to do a room analysis based on my room...

Princeton.Verb
replies: 30 views: 734
RJHollins 13 hours ago

Hey everyone, new here. Getting back into music (15 years being a single dad I gave up my gear & went motocross racing...

racer808
replies: 0 views: 99
racer808 17 hours ago

I have a one room studio, quite small one, with drums inside... Simple question, any convenient tricks to make the drums stop...

egoless
replies: 2 views: 124
egoless 20 hours ago

For my very small home studio room, my electrical is now installed, and so after I seal remaining airgaps, it'll be time for me...

oldschoolish
replies: 12 views: 243
avare 23 hours ago

Here's a rough diagram of my room and some wide angle photos: https://imgur.com/a/ZvCZIuO I know the placement of everything...

SJAltair
replies: 10 views: 283
SJAltair 1 day ago

Hello, I am building a home studio, where I will only record vocals. I have read many complaints about having boxy sound in...

Canberk
replies: 0 views: 108
Canberk 1 day ago

I am having a new composer desk made, and I am wondering how best to optimise speaker and display placement. I can't work with...

crimsonnoise
replies: 18 views: 593
explorer 1 day ago

I've just moved to a new house and after setting up my workstation I'm getting ye olde 60 cycle hum in my monitors. This...

mightypants
replies: 9 views: 272
kludgeaudio 1 day ago

I understand that you should try to put your speakers parallel to the rear wall and of equidistance to the side walls to maintain...

orbita
replies: 3 views: 144
bert stoltenborg 1 day ago

I stumbled across an interesting article over at Sound on Sound written by studio design consultant Carl Tatz. I'm not sure if...

Slogun
replies: 285 views: 31,992
chrispire 1 day ago

Hi folks, so we’re currently building a new studio and are going to do all the cabling soon. Since the computer is going to...

Eiko
replies: 11 views: 228
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

I’m about to start planning the build for a studio in our studio complex. Now I’m not expecting silence , but I’m going...

Jonney
replies: 9 views: 215
avare 1 day ago

Think I will loose any quality?

makasi
replies: 32 views: 16,437
makasi 2 days ago

hey all this is my first post,hope you treat me well:) So this is the room i currently have my setup and you will notice...

nikosefs
replies: 6 views: 599
nikosefs 3 days ago

Hi from Spain! Sorry in advance for the long post! This is my first post but I have been lurking Gearslutz for many years, it...

xev
replies: 4 views: 365
xev 3 days ago

Hi guys I'm trying to understand something that has been puzzling me for a while. I have a small room with a relatively...

luca9583
replies: 4 views: 258
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hi. I'm in the midst of a studio build and just thinking about the windows. The building has double glazing (4mm - 14mm gap -...

C247
replies: 18 views: 507
C247 3 days ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 67 views: 2,104
tomwatson 3 days ago

After finding out that the original Wavewood panels have been discontinued, I’ve decided to build some myself. These will be on...

Vex One
replies: 3 views: 199
Deleted 56021e5 3 days ago

I'm deciding where to put my studio monitors but my situation is really crazy... I got asymmetry on how my window is placed, and...

Stopons
replies: 3 views: 180
thethrillfactor 3 days ago

Hi all - I'm looking for a little advice ahead of putting in the work and trial and error involved in moving my setup. I'm in...

zwolf
replies: 5 views: 226
Jason Foi 3 days ago

OK so it's been a few years since i used REW. Maybe it's that i'm doing it from high sierra os and not snow leopard but i do not...

Bitsmith
replies: 7 views: 228
thethrillfactor 3 days ago

Hello, I'm new here but have been lurking the site for a while and drinking up the lovely knowledge. I wanted to build a nice...

JPommier
replies: 2 views: 166
JPommier 3 days ago

Hello all. Does anyone have any recommendations for sound proof window companies/installers servicing Toronto, Canada? Everything...

Dorc
replies: 4 views: 215
Dorc 4 days ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 60 views: 3,301
Jag94 4 days ago

Hi, Any idea where I can get speaker stands that will clamp on to a desk in the UK? Something like...

binman_uk
replies: 19 views: 26,666
mfigueroa 4 days ago

Hey everyone! I have a 5 acre plot I am about to build a house on and I am also looking at plans and prices from local steel...

Toddisgodd
replies: 7 views: 313
oldschoolish 4 days ago

Hi guys, I have been saving to build my own home studio soon. I still can decide witch vocal mic I want to buy. It should be...

Ner00
replies: 2 views: 174
RoadRanger 4 days ago

UK guys.... I'm trying to source Duct liner for my baffle builds and cannot find anything suitable. Recommended US...

Reeeve1
replies: 4 views: 649
C247 5 days ago

Hi all, I am making preparations for a new space Room size L: 3.38m W: 3.04m H: 2.6m No weird corners in the...

xenozeno
replies: 23 views: 797
xenozeno 5 days ago

So I have a 8 1/2 ft by 11 1/2 space that I am converting to my lil studio. I will only be recording synths and maybe some...

ZipSnipe
replies: 2 views: 169
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hello, I'm a beginner artist from Argentina. I'm currently making own my music end to end, recording vocals, mixing and...

CoilyBoy
replies: 1 views: 203
johannburkard 5 days ago

Hello, which option is better?

Wojtech
replies: 1 views: 220
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

Hey slutz, my monitors are on what I think is the correct wall for my temporary bedroom studio (novice mix engineer). However,...

Coconut_Head
replies: 3 views: 379
johannburkard 6 days ago

I recorded a 45 min video tutorial for bass trap building and polyester panel mounting. If you live in Australia, I have even...

Dan Oz
replies: 2 views: 314
pencilextremist 6 days ago

Hey Lads, Just looking for some advice as I'm trying to treat my mixing/recording room. ( project home studio here in New...

Dsilvar89
replies: 2 views: 195
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

I'm setting up a 5.1 surround sound system in my living room and am limited on where I can put my front speakers. Normally we'd...

Obe1
replies: 0 views: 153
Obe1 6 days ago

Long story short, I’m adding a second reference set to help with low frequency monitoring. To preserve the equilateral...

LeoRapture
replies: 3 views: 197
thethrillfactor 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search