The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 229 views: 347,042
AmrH 4 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 10,902
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 322,653
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 117,722
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 265,781
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I am close to having the two window panes installed between my control and live rooms. The wall assembly is dual separated...

thruhiker
replies: 2 views: 27
thruhiker 16 minutes ago

Hi there, i'm working on my control room at the moment and after some research i'm thinking i may have a problem with a...

bmaughan
replies: 30 views: 733
Kyle P. Gushue 29 minutes ago

Hello all i need advice regarding monitor position in small room, my room is 4.9meters in lenght 3meters wide, and has...

gedna
replies: 7 views: 435
gedna 53 minutes ago

So I was online looking around at a few things and came across a video for the Acoustic Fields kits. In the video they show how...

noah330
replies: 15 views: 2,248
JF Sebastian 55 minutes ago

Hello, guys. It's been a long time since I visited this forum! I still have an untreated, control room, but it's livable and...

ejbragg
replies: 24 views: 422
ejbragg 2 hours ago

I am calibrating my yamaha monitors and have done some research. Some sites say to set the pink noise to -20 while others say 0....

jamesb09
replies: 1 views: 86
Jason Foi 2 hours ago

The last time I updated my desktop computer system for better recording performance I went with a fan instead of liquid cooling....

Drakaland
replies: 4 views: 127
Drakaland 3 hours ago

Hi, I have a 2-space (2U) desktop stationary rack mount case, but I really dislike using it - it is too deep. I can't easily get...

Cymbals
replies: 4 views: 163
Cymbals 3 hours ago

Hello! I have been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that Sorbothane feet/stands are the best things to rest...

abovetheclouds
replies: 55 views: 10,848
jhbrandt 8 hours ago

Hi guys I want to get my speakers off my desk and put them on stands behind it. At the moment i have IsoAcoustic desk...

infernouk
replies: 66 views: 8,848
Funky Animal 10 hours ago

Hi there! Will my bed affect the sound quality even if my room has acoustic treatment? I am considering placing an overhead...

I_V_502
replies: 2 views: 127
pasim123 21 hours ago

Anybody have any experience with the Primacoustic GoTraps? I’m thinking they’d solve a couple of different functions here...

bgood
replies: 11 views: 949
mikoo69 1 day ago

Where should I place my sound insulation panels? I have four 4x4s and two 2x2s. Can place them over the windows, or could get...

Swagboymcgee
replies: 0 views: 77
Swagboymcgee 1 day ago

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing great. Amateur and hobbyist here, I'm reaching out to see if someone can give me tips on how...

Blues_Wolf
replies: 5 views: 278
Blues_Wolf 1 day ago

Hi guys. I'm new here and compared to the people here am a novice to acoustics (although I studied it briefly in college) and...

TracerZA
replies: 4 views: 282
TracerZA 1 day ago

I finally have a small room that I can devote to recording. Very small. Studio Room Size: 7'7" h or 91" 8' w or...

weave
replies: 5 views: 517
Laine Pierce 1 day ago

Hello, I have been recording drums for my brother in his dedicated drum room for a while and we decided we wanted to turn the...

kurama3114
replies: 3 views: 177
coreyspencer 1 day ago

Hi all. Really appreciating all the info on these forums. I am treating my composing/mix room, which is approximately 22’ x...

DeathRobot
replies: 2 views: 198
DeathRobot 2 days ago

Hi, I am on my way to putting most of my available cash into a new soundsystem and am on the fence whether I should get...

MusicSimplified
replies: 15 views: 571
MusicSimplified 2 days ago

And by "we", I mean folks on this forum. Let's start with this... I'm asking this question out of love and respect...

GravesNumber9
replies: 36 views: 690
GravesNumber9 2 days ago

Anyone have any experience with building a small room (next to a soundproof) room where you either cool or heat the (fresh) air...

WilliamShenendoa
replies: 3 views: 146
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I'm building a few portable gobos (mostly for vocal reflections) and was wondering how thick the later of insulation needs to be....

BMXnotFix
replies: 5 views: 204
BMXnotFix 2 days ago

Hi guys! I´ve been reading and gathering stuff from this forum for a while now. However, I´ve noticed some threads getting...

jarjarbinks
replies: 2 views: 163
avare 2 days ago

Hello guys, You helped me tremendously treating my bedroom, but now I'm getting a dedicated room. And I have few questions. The...

JanZoo
replies: 19 views: 1,543
pasim123 2 days ago

Hello! I could use some advice on what to do next to treat my room. Thank you very much to anyone who is so inclined. If you...

Grovestand
replies: 31 views: 1,163
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

Hello experts, Are windows necessary for a mixing studio? I´m starting to design a mixing studio as part of my house...

jarjarbinks
replies: 2 views: 180
Starlight 3 days ago

My basement has a very large L-shaped room about 25x29 ft. with some undeveloped parts behind it. Here's a quick design I made...

HyperbolicNebula
replies: 0 views: 114
HyperbolicNebula 3 days ago

Hi Everyone. I'm new here, and currently in the process of building a drum practice room that follows the basic principles of...

Drumm
replies: 4 views: 188
Drumm 3 days ago

Hello all has anyone using or tested Caruso iso bond acoustic panels? it looks like its completely safe to your health versus...

gedna
replies: 18 views: 2,584
javiercarrillo 3 days ago

Hey there! Im building a wall for a Studio for Electronic Music Production and mixing. It will be a 11.22x19.25 space with 3 old...

alux42
replies: 1 views: 131
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

I was thinking of using a more natural alternative to gypsum plasterboard for my studio walls, I recently had the artex...

pencilextremist
replies: 0 views: 143
pencilextremist 4 days ago

Has anybody had any recent experiences using vicoustic products? The wall panels don’t seem to have a ton of mass. That...

RABE
replies: 3 views: 216
andrebrito 4 days ago

some days ago the studio designer mischa jacobi posted pics of his new studio desk/speaker combo design on his facebook...

housegezeichnet
replies: 40 views: 3,982
varunbkk 4 days ago

Ive seen that some basstraps have a cover that also work as a difusser. Im planning to build my own and i was thinking about...

alux42
replies: 0 views: 116
alux42 4 days ago

Hello I received some weeks ago 8 panels 244 with Range limiter as i wanted to treat the corners without impacting too much the...

Antmou
replies: 6 views: 462
Antmou 4 days ago

Hello, I would like to make sure that I understand the "even decay" correctly and evaluate it correctly in the...

Kurt B
replies: 6 views: 278

hi Need to treat 13m2 room for speech recording, text readers, up to 6 readers simultaneous. Mics will be SM7B. Which, how many...

foler
replies: 4 views: 840
Berndalen 4 days ago

So I was looking at foam and the only thing I could find in terms of broadband/bass was Auralex mega lenrds (if anyone has any...

lonvoc
replies: 14 views: 414

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 52 views: 2,755

I’ve been looking into sheep’s wool as an alternative material for building porous absorbers. I couldn’t find much...

iansampson
replies: 6 views: 258
iansampson 4 days ago

I see these on eBay. From Latvia. Are they any good? https://www.ebay.com/itm/232456341823

RABE
replies: 7 views: 305
RABE 4 days ago

Apologies if this has been asked and answered; but I haven't seen much on this. What's a typical starting point for where a panel...

Drakaland
replies: 7 views: 189
johannburkard 4 days ago

I was looking at decoupling solutions for my ATC SCM45s, and discovered this new product that looks really cool called the...

mikoo69
replies: 1 views: 193
Jens Eklund 5 days ago

Where to start.... I built my studio in the basement. Despite the acoustic hurdles an unfinished basement created, it had the...

TikkoRome
replies: 15 views: 518
pencilextremist 5 days ago

Hi Folks, ive been meaning to improve the sound of my listening room. I figure this is one of the best investments i can make...

ehoz
replies: 5 views: 317
Nick Hepfer 5 days ago

I have finally decided to invest into my mixing room. I refuse to buy any more gear until I get my room sorted out. Ive attached...

octanemedia
replies: 2 views: 283
thethrillfactor 5 days ago

Hello everyone, I'm about to construct some "Space Couplers" and place them above the mixing position. Above the...

The Tenant
replies: 2 views: 389
The Tenant 5 days ago

I'm having a garden house installed later this year (if all goes well) and want to turn it into my home studio. I won't play...

Jorg
replies: 30 views: 640
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

We're about to build a new home with a studio on the second floor above the garage. I'm concerned about low bass subwoofer...

GCL
replies: 23 views: 461
GCL 5 days ago

Hi. I've been researching about soundproofing in the last days and I have some doubts. My intention is to soundproof a...

gasare555
replies: 4 views: 152
gasare555 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search