The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is with a heavy heart that I received the news this morning that Francis Manzella of FM Designs passed away...

Northward
replies: 10 views: 1,650
Wes Lachot 4 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 351,020
pencilextremist 4 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 12,398
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 327,945
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 119,684
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 267,912
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

as a musician spending too much time producing and not working in a well paid job, I just moved into a very small flat and bought...

henninghans
replies: 0 views: 19
henninghans 1 hour ago

Pragmatic question: Let's assume I have a relatively large room (30 square meters) with only small windows ( far away from my...

DirkP
replies: 0 views: 15
DirkP 1 hour ago

Almost all advice about dealing with first reflections is to absorb it using panels on the side wall where the first reflections...

orbita
replies: 2 views: 47
thethrillfactor 2 hours ago

Hi All - don't post on here often, but always learning from the amazing information on here! I hope this is the correct place to...

theslingerland
replies: 12 views: 2,535
jeremyhorn 2 hours ago

I’ve found some rockwool R80 for free that I was going to use to plug up a shared window I share with another studio room....

dmac660
replies: 4 views: 180
Jens Eklund 2 hours ago

Dear gearslutz community, I just finished the build of my new studio which is a wooden framed garden shed decicated to music....

TimGerets
replies: 5 views: 186
Jens Eklund 2 hours ago

I have very little experience with acoustic treatment but I just got a new place that has a small spare bedroom I can use as a...

cause
replies: 0 views: 37
cause 2 hours ago

Hi I have just built a garden studio and have a load of off cut pieces of 100mm celotex from the wall insulation panels. I need...

foge
replies: 3 views: 211
thirdflr 2 hours ago

Anyone used or had any luck with the Holdrite Hydroflame And Acoustical Sealant ...

thirdflr
replies: 0 views: 96
thirdflr 3 hours ago

Is there any other way I can use acoustic tape- other than putting it in the wall or floor? I don't have those options right...

Estyz3
replies: 0 views: 53
Estyz3 3 hours ago

Wanting to build some early reflection acoustic panels using Knauf rigid insulation. The guy at the store ask if I wanted foil...

OLDNOOB
replies: 530 views: 8,016
OLDNOOB 4 hours ago

Hello! I’m planning on constructing a 3x3m room inside a 4x4 or 5x5 ish meter room in the future and I’m writing down a list...

yodriges123
replies: 3 views: 101
coreyspencer 5 hours ago

sorry screwed up the pics on the first one. My room is both tracking/rehearsal and mixing. 30x14x8. You can see I have a good...

sleshnyc
replies: 0 views: 214
sleshnyc 5 hours ago

My room is both tracking/rehearsal and mixing. 30x14x8. You can see I have a good amount of broadband absorption on the walls,...

sleshnyc
replies: 0 views: 63
sleshnyc 5 hours ago

Since there are many studio builders here I thought I'd ask this: I need new monitor stands, and the ones from Output are...

noah440
replies: 0 views: 118
noah440 7 hours ago

Currently I have my monitor speakers on my Zaor Gripracks on my desk. I know that this is not ideal. People are saying that it's...

RubenP
replies: 4 views: 208
RubenP 8 hours ago

Hello Everyone! I'm having a house and a home studio built, and the construction is supposed to start in about 1.5 - 2 months....

kwow
replies: 22 views: 835
kwow 8 hours ago

Hello slutz! I have a very simple question : I will obviously create a triple leaf system by building a MAM assembly...

JayPee
replies: 1 views: 109
avare 11 hours ago

howdy hey guys! New here. So I know it's not this easy, but can someone help me out with where I should place some absorbers...

iamguitargeek
replies: 0 views: 93
iamguitargeek 13 hours ago

Hey all, I'm extremely new to audio engineering and acoustics. I've been a lifelong musician, and with this forced time off of...

AliceWinebagz
replies: 16 views: 383
dinococcus 15 hours ago

Hi! I'm looking to open a music venue in NYC. I found a very promising building. My goal is to convert an industrial space...

VoLuminous
replies: 0 views: 97
VoLuminous 18 hours ago

There is a VERY similiar garage conversion project here: 2 Car Garage conversion to studio. Looks like the OP does not post on...

In The Mix
replies: 11 views: 1,400
Jag94 23 hours ago

I couldn't find any information on this probably because its a stupid idea but I enjoy not facing the wall while working (made a...

fusiqos
replies: 2 views: 235
thethrillfactor 23 hours ago

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 23 views: 685
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hello! I'm thinking about building my own corner bass traps. The front side would be roughly 24 inches in width and have...

dramis
replies: 46 views: 9,720
dustcloud 2 days ago

Hi, just seeing if having one of these bass traps in each corner of the room will do a good job on taking the bass? Will be...

Mick98
replies: 6 views: 290
dinococcus 2 days ago

Hi All, I have moved into a smaller room which is 3.0 X 3.6m (ceiling 2.49m) Need to control bass resonance peaks at 70hz and...

mpearce38
replies: 3 views: 314
mpearce38 2 days ago

I am installing two dual-10" Bag End subs with an ELF processor. This is what I have, I need them to sound their...

smilinjames
replies: 11 views: 2,355
Lolito 2 days ago

I'm making some bass traps out of single-wall corrugated cardboard boxes filled with Roxul Safe-N-Sound batts. A few of these...

dcrhythm
replies: 6 views: 2,696
indiroobbinz 2 days ago

Hi all just wanted to share with you the on going acoustic treatment for a small home studio space roughly 4m deep * 3m wide *...

jazztronaut
replies: 46 views: 1,226
jazztronaut 2 days ago

hey, any tips for buying a good but not too crazy expensive (not more than 1k euro) door for a studio in europe?

valeot
replies: 1 views: 205
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Common wisdom says that a subwoofer has to be positioned the same distance from the listener as the satellites to avoid timing...

dustcloud
replies: 9 views: 312
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

Hey all :) Jumping into treating a room to be mostly used for production. The room is small at 8' x 16' with 9' ceiling....

partdoux
replies: 3 views: 155
akebrake 4 days ago

Hey All, I see a few of these threads from time to time about vocal booths and how to build them in closets and to deaden...

RedTone
replies: 3 views: 189
Ol' Betsey 4 days ago

Hi! Got offered a really cheap tiny room to make music in. I have barely the basics of knowledge when it comes to room...

whoismarcel
replies: 3 views: 307
Berndalen 4 days ago

I'm running a pink noise generator out of Pro Tools at unity gain thru a Focusrite 18i8 to a Yamaha PC4002M with NS10-MX...

eddie01
replies: 3 views: 201
eddie01 4 days ago

Hello! I think I have a good solution for placing studio monitors on a desk. BACKSTORY My room is too small for monitor...

VoLuminous
replies: 7 views: 377
seedee701 4 days ago

Hello, Im having some trouble getting rid of comp filtering coming from my desk. Im sure its my desk because when I put some...

ocelot12
replies: 16 views: 2,612
Jens Eklund 4 days ago

I’m designing my studio desk at the moment. I will have my speakers (genelec 8040a) on sand filled stands just behind the desk....

elasticc
replies: 4 views: 238
Jens Eklund 4 days ago

Was so saddened to learn that Boggy had passed last year, and am truly hoping his unique approach to small room acoustics will...

Boxtone
replies: 0 views: 153
Boxtone 4 days ago

Finding the best spot to place my kick drum in my room, and was wondering, based on this description below of low end nulls and...

dmac660
replies: 6 views: 270
thethrillfactor 4 days ago

Hello guys, as per title how would you judge the measurement of my listening room from the sweet spot? I attached the 2...

Miracle1980
replies: 8 views: 319
seedee701 5 days ago

Hi, I've recently bought a Yamaha HS7 for my bedroom home studio and as the title says, I have tough time positioning them...

Rocket128
replies: 1 views: 227
alexwizz 5 days ago

I did some tests with Ultratouch in the past and was impressed when placed in the front corners and 1st reflection points...

mlbchitown
replies: 1 views: 199
seedee701 5 days ago

Hey guys I have moved into a new place and my studio space is super reflective for most frequencies. I have attached a sketch...

jpetrou
replies: 3 views: 296
seedee701 5 days ago

Hello, i would like to make 2 diffusers, 1st is 120x20 cm, 2nd is 60x20 cm. I'm currently trying to calculate them with this...

Stopons
replies: 0 views: 140
Stopons 5 days ago

Hi all, This has always confused me. If a monitor sitting on a meter bridge is assumed to cause a reflection off the desk...

bukman
replies: 4 views: 2,784
elasticc 5 days ago

Good morning, folks! I am helping a friend design and construct a one-room recording studio in an existing shed. I would love...

Diakonos1984
replies: 3 views: 306
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 881 views: 340,798
thirdflr 5 days ago

Hi Guys! I need help here. I must move out from my old small studio to a new one. Place is in my house/garage. I will have...

danchi
replies: 13 views: 441
coreyspencer 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search