The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 310,041
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 0 views: 1,664
Northward 6th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 295,450
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 111,141
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 236,590
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Treated room, bizarre spiky peaks and valleys, please help This is the 4th room I have to treat (because of studio relocations)....

ozonepaul
replies: 2 views: 263
ozonepaul 2 hours ago

Hi I have 2 rooms for my new home studio. I attached REW waterfalls for the bigger (recording) room. Measures are 6,7 x 4,5...

zmatej
replies: 0 views: 108
zmatej 4 hours ago

Dear All, I am using REW 5.1 on Mac El Capitan with a Scarlett 2nd gen 2i4 sound card and a Dayton Mic, both of them with a cal...

gerardochile
replies: 22 views: 585
Soundman2020 10 hours ago

Working on a studio build with two very talented engineers however a fundamental question about sound transmission has come...

jml designs
replies: 16 views: 777
Soundman2020 11 hours ago

I recently tried out Sonarworks in my room and it works great in correcting the acoustic problems, but as I have an Elektron...

NickyG
replies: 0 views: 365
NickyG 15 hours ago

Many thanks to numerous posters on this forum! I have learned a great deal over the past few months while researching what I need...

billy33
replies: 12 views: 285
EvilRoy 15 hours ago

I recall someone offered pre-made bag / covers you could slip your own fiber boards into? Can't seem to find them now. Anyone...

Wayne
replies: 4 views: 508
Ox Han 20 hours ago

Finally finishing up my "5.1 room" in my apartment, and running into a bit of questioning on the surround speaker...

rapscallione
replies: 5 views: 431
deedeeyeah 23 hours ago

I was given a large quantity of poly-fil (polyester fiber filling), like what would be used to stuff a pillow, quilt, stuffed...

jdchess
replies: 14 views: 1,676
capoeira 1 day ago

I plan on installing a Single Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner with Heater in my studio. The lowest setting is 23dB. Think...

Dean Landon
replies: 11 views: 414
RyanC 1 day ago

Hi everyone,I'm currently trying to upgrade listening in my bedroom studio a little bit. I have absorbers with air gaps on the...

kukuc
replies: 9 views: 936
Soundman2020 1 day ago

I know that a lot of people like using a mirror and finding the first reflection point that way, but I'm curious if there's a...

Mike Caffrey
replies: 20 views: 563
Soundman2020 1 day ago

Hey, I just bought the Studiobricks One Plus Vocal booth (inside dimensions) 0,90 x 1,50 x 2,10:...

xmasdy
replies: 3 views: 352
Soundman2020 1 day ago

In the application of a decoupled wall, in which soundproofing may be made worse at the resonance frequency and below, can this...

indy1298
replies: 19 views: 454
Soundman2020 1 day ago

Hi All, Planning my studio-build for the 2-car garage here in our single family home in Redondo Bch (Los Angeles / South Bay) ....

SYGNAL
replies: 2 views: 410
avare 2 days ago

hello i'm nixon i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm & powder...

datal4b
replies: 42 views: 2,170
johannburkard 2 days ago

My wife and I have found small detached building with a view to buying it for use as our personal studio. It is not in use is...

Starlight
replies: 32 views: 1,500
Starlight 2 days ago

Hi, my bandmates and I are considering building a jam space in our bass players garage. It's a double car garage and we want to...

rremando
replies: 4 views: 355
Starlight 2 days ago

Can 65 cm heavy brick walls isolate the sounds made by a truck or a bus passing by the building like literally 3 meters away from...

AlanWalk
replies: 8 views: 953
PJAcoustics 3 days ago

I'm helping a friend, and the only tool I have is Soundflow. His space is tiny, and the depth of insulation can't excess...

JayPee
replies: 7 views: 753
PJAcoustics 3 days ago

Hi everyone! New one here. (also excuse me for my english 'cause I'm a spaghetti eater): So, I'm an Audio Engineering student,...

low_qi
replies: 11 views: 421
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hello everyone, I finally have the means and money necessary to treat my room and create a workspace of some sort. I think (I...

Devoid
replies: 1 views: 278
ozonepaul 3 days ago

So I'm moving into a new place and the wife is not moving with me. This sucks, but it means I have flexibility on house...

RockstarWizkidd
replies: 3 views: 309
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hi. I have a new room. It is 4x3'8x3 meters. It is totally dead in highs and lows but have a lot of low frequency...

just_manu
replies: 7 views: 457
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hey folks, Recently got very very obsessed with all aspects of music production (I am leaning more towards Dance music such as...

dreamerzz
replies: 5 views: 395
dreamerzz 5 days ago

Hi all! Major thanks to all of the talented sounders who've generously shared their knowledge. I've been working on my control...

withintheflux
replies: 13 views: 456
withintheflux 5 days ago

This forum is full of people looking to improve the acoustics of their rooms. I've seen a lot of bedrooms, L-shaped rooms and...

johannburkard
replies: 2 views: 278
johannburkard 5 days ago

Hello folks. I was hoping anybody who has experience or knowledge of acoustics and materials could help me with a slight...

PartHunter
replies: 6 views: 680
Brian M. Boykin 5 days ago

Hi there, what happens (in terms of physics and acoustics) if we have a porous absorber that is covered with a limp membrane, or...

Hannes_F
replies: 33 views: 1,025
dinococcus 6 days ago

hello I ordered a study furniture from the website acoustic-panels.eu, after the delay of one month and after several request...

grignacarbo
replies: 35 views: 3,315
edopell 1 week ago

Does anyone have any experience using these to insulate your room? I'm using a rehearsal space as a studio and I'm looking for...

usef
replies: 5 views: 392
avare 1 week ago

What are the thoughts on this stuff?

retiredstudio
replies: 1 views: 192
Starlight 1 week ago

Hi All! Last week i finished my panel on the back wall. My goal was to absorb some bass decay, but after doing some...

Davo013
replies: 0 views: 185
Davo013 1 week ago

Last year, I treated my 16 m² room with GIK panels. What I did helped a lot and I may invest some more there but the problems...

johannburkard
replies: 52 views: 2,570
johannburkard 1 week ago

I started to build some bass traps and broadband absorbers (RFZ) for my until now untreated room. Just thought I might share some...

Mark Alpine
replies: 3 views: 743
johannburkard 1 week ago

I have started treating room and before I became aware of membranes I had put up some bass traps in corners, absorbing full...

keenly
replies: 2 views: 1,281
mahlergod 1 week ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,465 views: 293,282
zui 1 week ago

Hi, I started working on my studio acoustics. I bought 4 bass traps of "LENARD Auralex". it didn't make any...

oorishema
replies: 0 views: 236
oorishema 1 week ago

every few years update my setup. think the time is arriving soon.. Ive been toying with the idea to flush/soffit my ATC...

Jonney
replies: 0 views: 209
Jonney 1 week ago

Hi All My room height is taller than my 2 bass traps stood end to end so there is a gap of about 1ft. Am I better to stand the...

Fowleja
replies: 3 views: 394
Fowleja 1 week ago

Just posted a new article/vid on Powering Music with the Sun:...

PIUMA
replies: 0 views: 202
PIUMA 1 week ago

I created an article and video on Building an Eco-Friendly Recording Studio. Hope this helps anyone who wants to build a...

PIUMA
replies: 33 views: 2,011
PIUMA 1 week ago

Hey, I know there are a bunch of similar threads, some of which I have read, but as every room and project is slightly...

PeerSoe
replies: 10 views: 534
Bushman 1 week ago

Considering the following scenario: noise source | 1/2" drywall | 2x4 stud wall + insulation | two layers of 5/8"...

nsfx
replies: 8 views: 319
avare 1 week ago

Building a wall against our side of a brick partition wall. The plan was to put 2x3 framing metal studs with 2" of soundrock...

qwertyjjj
replies: 5 views: 431
qwertyjjj 1 week ago

Hi everyone. Hopefuly the title will atract the attention of the company. I placed an order in august for about 400 euros...

j.frad
replies: 0 views: 206
j.frad 1 week ago

So after years of focusing somewhat more on function than form, I decided that I would begin the process of upgrading some of the...

stringsibanez
replies: 26 views: 2,038
ths61 1 week ago

my studio space is a bit unusual. at the back is an opening leading to a powder room, no door, just wide open. Also, the ceiling...

Dave.R
replies: 5 views: 474
Dave.R 1 week ago

Hi there, I'm in the process of setting up a room in my apartment to mix my band's album, and my stereo image is about 15...

dannyboi
replies: 6 views: 360
Jens Eklund 1 week ago

Hello everyone! So I'm in the process of setting up my room for editing and mixing purposes. Its a 10Lx10Wx8H room, yes...

91sound
replies: 2 views: 341
Soundman2020 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search