The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 270,475
neopl 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 204 views: 98,831
JRivs 8th September 2018

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 262,500
DanDan 3rd April 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 211,420
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi, I'm buying a new apartment and want to dedicate one of the rooms to music production. The room I have in mind is situated...

Lutz1972
replies: 3 views: 37
Lutz1972 2 minutes ago

Hello all. I have these two windows pictured (both 33” x 27”). Looking for a good way to mount them angling downward. I’ve...

GOStudioNC
replies: 0 views: 27
GOStudioNC 1 hour ago

Hi everyone i need help on monitors placement in monitors manual it says they must be at least 1.5 meter away from walls or...

roulhs
replies: 90 views: 2,090
JayPee 1 hour ago

I was wondering if anyone could assist me with some ideas for treating this room. Pics attached. The dimensions are...

MalcolmDeXXX
replies: 2 views: 79
bowzin 1 hour ago

Hi there, I am planning to built some broadband-absorbers myself. Right now I am using 10cm Basotect at the first reflection...

midmost
replies: 32 views: 1,522
Adhoc 1 hour ago

Hello! I am moving my home studio into a freestanding 1-car garage. The garage is 16x20 feet, with tall vaulted ceilings, and...

bowzin
replies: 0 views: 38
bowzin 1 hour ago

Many threads with measurements showing absorption results but very few (I didn't find any actually) showing diffusion...

JayPee
replies: 5 views: 420
Petter Linde 2 hours ago

I am looking to permanently leave the UK for a place I have in France. I have a double garage that I'd like to use / make a room...

OK GO
replies: 14 views: 340
Jason Foi 2 hours ago

I'm considering studying acoustics engenireening. I was told that Salford and Southampton have a good reputation. What other...

ejod
replies: 16 views: 3,115
KevinJacobs 4 hours ago

I've made some speaker stands out of cinder blocks like in this article: Velvetron I've epoxied the cinder blocks together and...

calvinz
replies: 23 views: 2,413
Jason Foi 6 hours ago

Im needing Something easy to take up and take down. Ive checked out Audimute, Ebay, and Markertek. Ive looked into moving...

gemini8026
replies: 67 views: 39,188
ChengHou 7 hours ago

Hi! Pleased to meet you. I'm so grateful to have found this forum. I'm trying to get a room ready (acoustic treatment -wise...

JackNoire
replies: 0 views: 83
JackNoire 9 hours ago

Hello Guys, As per title I have 2 GIK Acoustics Tri-Trap corner bass traps that i have to mount horizontally on the corner...

Miracle1980
replies: 1 views: 192
Miracle1980 10 hours ago

Here's the situation... We just integrated a recording studio into our rehearsal studio. Everything is up to code. We have 3...

Kenagain
replies: 17 views: 1,828
Friedrik83 13 hours ago

I was doing some green glue sheetrock installation this week and thought I would share a green glue application method that was...

quincyg
replies: 5 views: 575
Temple of Light 16 hours ago

Hi, all I'm looking to do is seriously decrease the dB my neighbors hear so i can sing really loud at night. i'm looking for...

party
replies: 0 views: 103
party 21 hours ago

Goodnight. Would this microphone be good for making the acoustic measurements of my room? Thank you. Superlux S241 –...

Doclad
replies: 7 views: 331
Doclad 22 hours ago

Hi All. I'm going to be redesigning my studio and was hoping to get some recommendations of studio designers. Having someone...

lxm
replies: 4 views: 241
lxm 23 hours ago

Hi everyone!! I've just moved in to a new studio in Berlin inside the Funkhaus facility and after installing my gear I decided...

Samuelito
replies: 2 views: 247
classic86 1 day ago

OK, so I own an office I'm converting to a studio and I need to attenuate 110 dB rock drums so the neighbour through the party...

princeplanet
replies: 3 views: 179
Jason Foi 1 day ago

SBIR

I would like to gather some input on SBIR. We focus on modes but is this other phenomenon just as significant, or maybe more...

DanDan
replies: 474 views: 71,790
MellowDios 1 day ago

Hello! First thread here :) First problem: desk placement So, i just moved to a new appartment, the room i got to stay in is...

4bdou
replies: 0 views: 128
4bdou 1 day ago

So I am buying a house. I can finally have a decent studio in it, albeit I will probably have to sacrifice personal comfort on...

Mike_MA
replies: 28 views: 1,311
Jason Foi 1 day ago

I've been searching and can't find any info on thicker wall assemblies and stc. I have Rods book, which is an excellent...

Barry Waves
replies: 6 views: 278
Barry Waves 1 day ago

I finally own a house. In this house I have a wee little room I plan to make my music den. I want it to be a room for...

che_guitarra
replies: 31 views: 1,413
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hi, I'm looking to install Denim or cotton bass traps, but am mostly seeing it as pure insulation, not as pre-made bass...

musichascolors
replies: 21 views: 625
Jason Foi 1 day ago

This is going to be my first post on Gearslutz (yay!:lol:) and it's going to be a hefty one... maybe... It's very possible that I...

Rddsknk89
replies: 14 views: 379
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hello everybody, This is a new thread for an improved diffusive small control room acoustic design for surround and stereo...

boggy
replies: 96 views: 16,209
Galaxy Wizard 2 days ago

Several threads have asked for advice how to record a grand piano in a typical living room. The results never seem that good...

2manyrocks
replies: 7 views: 282
akebrake 2 days ago

Hi, the drywall in my small room in the basement vibrates at certain lower frequencies, I'm guessing the room modes. This is...

elgordito
replies: 5 views: 272
Adhoc 2 days ago

I am about to build a cloud. Can I use this material as surface on the cloud, and fill up up with rockwool on top of it?!...

Berndalen
replies: 7 views: 307
Berndalen 2 days ago

Hi, I need to buy some curtains for my bedroom to cover a window, and I also have a small workstation with some KRK 5s that I...

ostrich
replies: 10 views: 542
Bushman 2 days ago

Hi. I have a Focal Alpha 65 in a fairly small rectangular room. I am trying the room to improve the acoustics since it is...

Doclad
replies: 6 views: 296
Doclad 2 days ago

My studio is 17’ x 11’ x 8’. I just built 6 48”x16”x 6” sound treatments and I’m wondering where to place them in...

radiumking
replies: 1 views: 226
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hi there I really need some help and professional advice from you guys ..! I have my studio setup in my living room and as you...

joeyleo
replies: 0 views: 256
joeyleo 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm putting up a 24'x40'x12' building to make a studio in and have some questions about what shapes/dimensions rooms...

Mattgpauley
replies: 35 views: 1,072
Jason Foi 3 days ago

I have a small home studio setup. Due to its size I bought Yamaha HS5's because they are a perfect fit... I would like to know if...

FourFour
replies: 12 views: 384
FourFour 3 days ago

Hi all, I just purchased a house and am hoping to turn the basement into a band practice space/home recording space. Mostly...

slimjim5792
replies: 6 views: 329
bowzin 4 days ago

I am treating a home studio (11' 2" x 14" 10" bedroom). Is there an order of preference of where to place...

dragonfly66
replies: 7 views: 722
Doclad 4 days ago

Hello, First post in the forums! I would be really appreciated if I can get some feedback on what I am planning to begin...

ooztuncer
replies: 5 views: 486
ooztuncer 4 days ago

Room in general: basement of a small house . No direct neighbours, no car traffic, rarely airplanes, so pretty quiet Room Size:...

Arseny
replies: 41 views: 1,427
Arseny 4 days ago

Goodnight. I am setting up my home studio in a fairly small rectangular room, and as expected I have problems with low...

Doclad
replies: 7 views: 444
Doclad 4 days ago

Hi everyone! I have a lot of acoustic foam left over. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put it under pressure in a...

Doclad
replies: 18 views: 438
Doclad 4 days ago

Hi all John in the UK here. After a lot of research here and elsewhere, and after reading Rod Gervais's book, I have hired...

jpmch
replies: 5 views: 331
avare 4 days ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,442 views: 265,697
dor baruch 4 days ago

I have a question about one of my Rim Joist. I have a 4 3/4 x 1x3/4 Void. The open web truss only rest on the sill 2" and...

jwlange
replies: 1 views: 206
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hey everyone, It would help out a lot if everyone could take this VERY quick market study for me. Thanks! Ripple...

jordanwagel
replies: 0 views: 153
jordanwagel 4 days ago

hi, i feel like this is a basic question, but i cannot find the exact answer. i saw a couple threads that MIGHT have answered...

weloveyoutoo
replies: 4 views: 304
Jason Foi 4 days ago

I do voice over on the side and I moved to a new place a few weeks ago. I was going to set up a room as a voice over booth to get...

David92
replies: 9 views: 326
Speedskater 4 days ago

Hi, Wondered if someone could guide me what to do. I'm going to build a home-cinema room, also with the purpose of being an...

ernbltr12
replies: 0 views: 203
ernbltr12 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search