The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 349,447
pencilextremist 3 days ago

It is with a heavy heart that I received the news this morning that Francis Manzella of FM Designs passed away...

Northward
replies: 9 views: 1,077
avare 1 week ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 11,857
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 325,807
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 118,901
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 267,125
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hello Guys i need help with converting my living room to a mixing room. My Goal here is to create a mixing environment that i can...

nickalpha
replies: 3 views: 86
nickalpha 4 minutes ago

Wanting to build some early reflection acoustic panels using Knauf rigid insulation. The guy at the store ask if I wanted foil...

OLDNOOB
replies: 218 views: 3,015
OLDNOOB 10 minutes ago

Hi all, I am making preparations for a new space Room size L: 3.38m W: 3.04m H: 2.6m No weird corners in the...

xenozeno
replies: 19 views: 485
avare 45 minutes ago

Malcolm has not been mentioned lately, so this is a reminder to all of us of one the great studio designers. This is a link to...

avare
replies: 53 views: 7,296
OLDNOOB 53 minutes ago

Hello everyone and thanks in advanced. My question is: Is it possible to build a vaulted ceiling room within a room? I just...

Jawsyjaws
replies: 5 views: 113
Jason Foi 1 hour ago

Hi guys I'm trying to understand something that has been puzzling me for a while. I have a small room with a relatively...

luca9583
replies: 0 views: 45
luca9583 2 hours ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 61 views: 1,741
onshott1 2 hours ago

Hi guys! I’m setting up a soundsystem for a new venue. It’s gonna be a bar only with ambient music. No live music or...

Joaofcgs
replies: 1 views: 79
andrebrito 7 hours ago

Hello, I'm a beginner artist from Argentina. I'm currently making own my music end to end, recording vocals, mixing and...

CoilyBoy
replies: 0 views: 63
CoilyBoy 8 hours ago

Hey Guys, Im really happy to write this post to you. I have my own home studio in Brazil and unfortunettly there arent...

Flutu Music
replies: 6 views: 901
andrebrito 11 hours ago

Hey, what settings in Soundflow give the most realistic result when comparing to measurements? Dimension: Infinite or Iso...

Jack Napier
replies: 17 views: 955
andrebrito 11 hours ago

First of all, sorry for my english. I know this is not a purely room acoustic post since I don't talk about bass traps or room...

just_manu
replies: 1 views: 118
Jason Foi 13 hours ago

Hello, I'm working on converting my 2 gar garage into a room for casual jamming and an amateur studio. It will mostly be...

HastyRichtardo
replies: 4 views: 192
Jason Foi 13 hours ago

Hi y'all, I am currently towards the end stages of building out my studio. I'm looking for a little advice regarding drywall...

RSMBSound
replies: 5 views: 324
avare 15 hours ago

Hi first post but been sourcing info here for years, it's been great! Has anybody experienced using this for broad band sound...

DeanWarren91
replies: 0 views: 101
DeanWarren91 20 hours ago

I usually set up my mix room with the monitors across the room, and me sitting on the opposite wall. I like hearing the room and...

greatFox
replies: 34 views: 977
thethrillfactor 20 hours ago

Hi. I'm in the midst of a studio build and just thinking about the windows. The building has double glazing (4mm - 14mm gap -...

C247
replies: 12 views: 210
andrebrito 22 hours ago

Hey all, So I'm constructing a studio for live recording, with separate control room. It is being constructed in a warehouse....

Swainsona
replies: 0 views: 80
Swainsona 22 hours ago

Hi! I got a some paper tubes the other day which orginaly is intended to be forms when making concrete pillars. they are...

5.333V
replies: 1 views: 117
Jason Foi 1 day ago

I moved into a new house and need to treat my workspace. I need some advice on the materials and how to deal with some problems...

Mr.E
replies: 22 views: 374
Mr.E 1 day ago

I live in a student house with 11 other people and I only have one room I live in. It's a rental room so I can't make any...

RubenP
replies: 1 views: 119
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

UK guys.... I'm trying to source Duct liner for my baffle builds and cannot find anything suitable. Recommended US...

Reeeve1
replies: 2 views: 493
C247 1 day ago

Hi everyone hopefully someone can help me with this :) I'm not the best when it comes to technology but even though I followed...

Sexy Beast
replies: 4 views: 225
Sexy Beast 1 day ago

hey guys, I am deciding on the most cost effective way to build a small vocal booth for rap vocals, and I have been thinking...

EmceeFinnegan
replies: 2 views: 187
latestflavor 1 day ago

Hi there , so I will be treating a small studio space, wanted to get some ideas on the design, specifically the corner bass traps...

jazztronaut
replies: 19 views: 799
jazztronaut 1 day ago

Hi everyone! I just built a new studio setup and installed all the acoustic panels I had as leftovers from my other studio and...

ToniMartin
replies: 9 views: 874
Jens Eklund 1 day ago

Hi people, I am just finishing off my project studio (not professional, so very low budget) I purchased the Sonarworks...

Muskman
replies: 92 views: 1,153
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Title says it all. I'm renting this house month-to-month during COVID so paying for acoustic treatment for these rooms seems like...

istealhotelsoap
replies: 3 views: 137
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Has anyone been able to reuse rotofast snap-on anchors? I've just moved to a new house and I'd like to reuse the panels I had in...

mightypants
replies: 1 views: 119

Hey guys I’ve been thinking of upgrading my HS8s. I produce techno so appreciate that they go down to 38hz. They do well but...

Amendoza1
replies: 1 views: 123

Hi all! We just treated our spare room with some DIY bass traps and absorbers, so here are the first measurements. From my...

kuher
replies: 5 views: 267
kuher 2 days ago

Hi from Spain! Sorry in advance for the long post! This is my first post but I have been lurking Gearslutz for many years, it...

xev
replies: 1 views: 184
xev 2 days ago

Hello, Im a drummer and i want to make good sound in my room . Be able to play and record I have 16 pieces of 50mm rockwool...

Lololo
replies: 4 views: 302
Mike Caffrey 3 days ago

Greetings, everyone! I'm pretty new to mixing and acoustics, and I'm wondering if my situation is salvageable. Goal: Use...

Rheteriq
replies: 9 views: 291
Rheteriq 3 days ago

I pmailed with: I mean absorption coefficients greater than 1.0. See RD1992-11 fig 1. See fig. 2 to compare with...

avare
replies: 2 views: 235
avare 3 days ago

My studio is in the basement and I need some quick treatment to throw up on the walls that won't mildew as it's damp down there....

robotchicken
replies: 3 views: 183
pencilextremist 3 days ago

hey all this is my first post,hope you treat me well:) So this is the room i currently have my setup and you will notice...

nikosefs
replies: 5 views: 478
nikosefs 3 days ago

Hello, I recently bought an Auratone 5s for the purpose of mixing in mono to try and detect flaws in my mix (was reading that...

ferrini41
replies: 5 views: 267
johannburkard 4 days ago

Hi, I currently have my studio setup in a room that is above our bedrooms and next to the neighbours so my wife freaks out if I...

orbita
replies: 4 views: 204
orbita 4 days ago

Hi all, I'm in the design process of improving my mixing room and am looking at flush-mounting my Barefoot MM45s to improve...

Deaf
replies: 0 views: 178
Deaf 4 days ago

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a suitable / safe duct liner for my baffle boxes here in Ireland and not having much luck. I only...

OshMurr
replies: 0 views: 140
OshMurr 4 days ago

I'm building a room in the basement of a house that I'll soon be moving into. The house has a large unfinished open area where...

Burstwurst
replies: 38 views: 1,451
Burstwurst 4 days ago

hey gang! I’m moving flats tomorrow and finally have a separate room for the home studio. It’s wide and shallow, perfectly...

thehallmonitor
replies: 2 views: 175
thehallmonitor 4 days ago

I’ve been looking into sheep’s wool as an alternative material for building porous absorbers. I couldn’t find much...

iansampson
replies: 7 views: 389
pankid 5 days ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 182 views: 67,945
DeathRobot 5 days ago

Hello everyone. I have an issue with some bass trap placement in my room. The back right corner is where the door is so I cant...

optikstrange
replies: 1 views: 173
Jason Foi 5 days ago

Setting up my new studio room and am looking for the best way to keep to temperature comfortable. I am renting the space so AC...

dmac660
replies: 6 views: 202
Jason Foi 5 days ago

Hey I am just trying to work out which compromise would benefit me greater here please. I have a new space which is 2.4m tall...

Muskman
replies: 8 views: 568
JayPee 5 days ago

Hi, I'm going to build a wall in front of the wall in the picture, but as you can see the space between joists is being used as a...

Downsound
replies: 6 views: 272
Downsound 6 days ago

Due to limitations on where I can put my desk, I have to have my monitors only 44in apart. This means that even though my...

Obe1
replies: 1 views: 188
thethrillfactor 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search