The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 277,840
neopl 27th September 2018

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 204 views: 100,974
JRivs 8th September 2018

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 268,877
DanDan 3rd April 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 215,826
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi I am planning to build an independent ceiling to stop ambient and impact noise from my neighbour which can reach up to 60db...

ricardo100671
replies: 0 views: 1
ricardo100671 16 minutes ago

Hello can anyone help me with some advice on ac ventilation in studio please? Building a soundproof control (occasional Vocal...

jamesfly
replies: 4 views: 3,920
DaikinMEA 1 hour ago

OK, I was recommended by a good friend in town who owns it successful studio to use Owens corning 703 in my new home studio...

Quantum7
replies: 34 views: 4,820
Esaustew 2 hours ago

The panels will be 3-4". I've read about how they're not ideal for bass traps due to having internal reflections at high...

minervx
replies: 5 views: 424
Esaustew 2 hours ago

Hello all, I am getting ready to design/build an acoustic ceiling cloud for my home studio/mix room. Currently I have 4...

EGainey
replies: 4 views: 414
Esaustew 2 hours ago

I have a very heavy HDF bookshelf, 72" x 72" x 15.5" deep (arranged as 16 squares) and we were going to throw it...

formula428
replies: 10 views: 491
formula428 6 hours ago

I've heard air space is always good for acoustics. I've got some 4" Rockwool that I was considering making a panel out of...

SafeNeighbor
replies: 1 views: 121
Jason Foi 6 hours ago

Hi all, To help control lows, I was hoping to make a significant square footage of 703 panels, at 4"-6" thick, and...

arsonculture
replies: 1 views: 101
Jason Foi 7 hours ago

howdy slutz. I'm confused about something. I've searched the web. i own Rod's book and I've built numerous studio projects but...

le mieux
replies: 1 views: 261
RyanC 9 hours ago

There are several possibilities to go about my mission for a quiet apartment. First solution is live on top floor. Check. Second...

QuietSleepNow
replies: 5 views: 341
RyanC 9 hours ago

So, yes it seems to be the thing to have your room treated. But, oddly in any photos of abbey rd, beatles recordings , I see no...

studioman59
replies: 2 views: 180
studioman59 10 hours ago

I am sure that there is already a thread like that, but I can't find it anywhere else. I was wondering what are the greatest...

laperlestudio
replies: 31 views: 1,195
Berndalen 11 hours ago

As the title says. I'm going to get 4x corner bass traps (2 per corner stacked behind the monitors) but unsure which ones to go...

MarcB
replies: 16 views: 743
MarcB 12 hours ago

Hi, it seems like this should already be discussed at-length, but I can't seem to find any discussion with the key words I am...

Skoolboy Jim
replies: 0 views: 123
Skoolboy Jim 12 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to studio building. I've built treatment panels before but that's about it. I'm moving to a new...

bluedoorstudios
replies: 3 views: 156
bluedoorstudios 13 hours ago

hi all, I have a small room I am turning into a tracking/control room, and am working on the acoustics myself. the room is about...

shawn19
replies: 101 views: 70,346
shawn19 14 hours ago

Hello All, I will be building a concrete block wall studio in my residential neighborhood. Since most of my professional work...

AnalogBrain
replies: 26 views: 542
avare 17 hours ago

I have a discussion topic that seems to get some talk but I think deserves more. Should we all be using Ultra Touch Denim by...

Lionzeye
replies: 39 views: 14,511
bainmack 18 hours ago

Need advice on what I should buy. Thank you.

Javnella32
replies: 2 views: 293
bainmack 18 hours ago

Hi All, I'm about to set up in a spare room at my new house. Fortunately it is accessible via it's own staircase, though it...

gridlockeduk
replies: 0 views: 182
gridlockeduk 21 hours ago

I have two doors in my home studio I’m building One to a bathroom one to a hallway What doors and door seals should I...

drockfresh
replies: 1 views: 254
bert stoltenborg 22 hours ago

Hello, This is another question for Professional Studio Designers who have some experience with this type of thing. I am...

audioforce
replies: 1 views: 303
audioforce 1 day ago

So I was sitting in my lab today and stopped making music for a second. I looked around and noticed how cluttered everything...

Phunkfarm
replies: 0 views: 298
Phunkfarm 1 day ago

Hi! I'm trying to beef up the acoustical treatment in our podcasting studio. I've attached some pics that will hopefully show...

tapes
replies: 0 views: 229
tapes 1 day ago

Ok, so I made some bass traps for my control room which is approx 11'x12' and used 4" of Owens Corning 705 floor to ceiling...

Watersound
replies: 53 views: 20,536
Mike Caffrey 1 day ago

We're looking to upgrade one of our rooms to Atmos and my boss is hoping to find some monitors that wont eat up too much wall...

JoshCK
replies: 2 views: 265
JoshCK 1 day ago

I've got a 12'x12'x8' room. Except it's not a perfect square. One of the corners has a door in it that breaks up the corner and...

SafeNeighbor
replies: 1 views: 263
dinococcus 1 day ago

I make woodworking YouTube videos that are primarily filmed in my tandem garage, which also doubles as a workout area. I've been...

UAMike
replies: 2 views: 256
jerry123 1 day ago

Hi, everyone, First post, but long-time follower of gearslutz! I moved to Portland last year and began converting a shed to a...

pkward88
replies: 4 views: 613
pkward88 1 day ago

Hey, I'm considering building a mixing studio in a Yurt and found out that the best option to insulate the tent-house is to use a...

bamsehopp
replies: 4 views: 291
RyanC 1 day ago

I read on a web site dedicated to LED bulbs that they have varying degrees of success when used with dimmers. My current spec for...

bom619
replies: 23 views: 9,818
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

I'm wanting a decent amount of acoustic panels (4-6), preferably 2 feet by 4 feet by 2 inches however I cant find them under 200$...

Mrdrumminmachine
replies: 10 views: 521
nms 1 day ago

Hi, I am considering stacking an additional identical pair of monitors (inversed) on top of my existing set. I am aware that...

TheGreatGazoo
replies: 33 views: 733
audioforce 2 days ago

Hi, All, While I'm waiting on folks here to comment on my mdat file (REW) on my new studio, I've been digging deeper into how...

pkward88
replies: 7 views: 594
pkward88 2 days ago

Anyone use these for livingroom HIFI? On nice stands I can see them providing nice room filling music. They offer flat response...

Elsapo2001
replies: 5 views: 324
dinococcus 2 days ago

Hi Fellow Gearslutz, This is yet another insulation question on GS, but I think it’s a little different—and I can’t find...

OrchDork
replies: 3 views: 270
Temple of Light 2 days ago

Hi gearslutterz! My name is Simon, I've read the forums for years, but never had to register and seek advice before, until...

Deviance
replies: 10 views: 485
Deviance 2 days ago

I have been searching high and low, but I can't seem to find any... Basically I need a female to female 1/4 jack adapter,...

kasperjensen
replies: 4 views: 2,374
jedgearbox 2 days ago

Hi everyone ! I'm about to finish the treatment of a small mixing room. A lot of issues have been tackled but there's still a...

ajneye
replies: 4 views: 359
avare 2 days ago

I was searching all over the web, and i cant seem to find any Studio contractors. I would like to build a few in NYC. Any...

hmnyusa
replies: 2 views: 339
Northward 2 days ago

Hello, I’m in the process of constructing my wall assemblies. I have chosen to go with the decoupled double wall assemblies....

EKG Productions
replies: 2 views: 256
EKG Productions 3 days ago

Hi Folks, 2 month ago i've decided to treat my recording/mixing room in my flat . I had a crush on the eco friendly, non...

Maoz
replies: 1 views: 278
Temple of Light 3 days ago

I've ended up with some extra bass traps for my production room, 4 x Gik 244s and 2 x no name DIY pieces. Enough to cover 240cm...

mat1
replies: 1 views: 255
johnnyc 3 days ago

Hi, got a Fame W200 desk with Munro Egg 150's sitting up on the 'meter bridge' shelf. REW shows unwanted added frequencies around...

Denta
replies: 27 views: 1,079
akebrake 3 days ago

Greetings everyone, This is my first post on Gearslutz. I have tried to read as much as possible but still I can't find a...

sergiofds
replies: 17 views: 557
sergiofds 3 days ago

I'm likely moving into a home that has a fantastic space for both recording and living. Basically, an entire floor of a house...

kafka
replies: 2 views: 301
RyanC 3 days ago

Hi all, Pretty sure this question hasn't been asked. So on the BBC A10 style panels, as I understand it one would build a...

arsonculture
replies: 3 views: 276
arsonculture 3 days ago

hello there! I need your advice please. I'm building a small detached composing / mixing / editing studio in LA. I got a good...

le mieux
replies: 4 views: 291
xcycle 3 days ago

I have dual computer monitor setup, but it had a problem of blocking one studio monitor. Because I like the main computer...

qkrzazzang
replies: 1 views: 271
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hi Everyone, I've been doing a lot of voice overs recently and am wanting to upgrade my setup. I've decided the best place to put...

Jackash
replies: 1 views: 331
Berndalen 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search