The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 274,586
neopl 27th September 2018

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 204 views: 100,007
JRivs 8th September 2018

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 265,648
DanDan 3rd April 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 213,942
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

OK, I've searched + Googled and I think I have an understanding of what star grounding is. Basically each service point has its...

soulfield
replies: 29 views: 6,752
nosebleedaudio 1 hour ago

I have a question about a piece of furniture in my room and how it effects my recordings. I have a large old teacher's metal...

orangepanels
replies: 0 views: 58
orangepanels 2 hours ago

Hey Everyone. I've tried doing some searches on this forum and on the interwebs and can't really find a solid answer to my...

wuzlow
replies: 0 views: 64
wuzlow 3 hours ago

I would like to make some deep, somewhat portable bass traps for both my control room and my live room. One idea I had was to...

DSwaltz
replies: 6 views: 148
DSwaltz 5 hours ago

I have attached a drawn picture of my room for music production. The room is 13.2 ft long x 11.4 ft wide, has 1 single 58 in long...

mc_fable
replies: 1 views: 205
mc_fable 6 hours ago

Hi everyone Was hoping for a bit of advice on the most preferable way to approach the following: I'm taking out a space of...

mario67
replies: 17 views: 820
bert stoltenborg 6 hours ago

Hey yall! First time posting measurements I hope I did everything right. I am sure I didn't but I read through the sticky post...

West0n
replies: 18 views: 522
RyanC 8 hours ago

Hi guys! rockout There are indeed some older posts like this but they are mostly outdated. I am looking for some help...

noobist
replies: 18 views: 1,869
bodylanguage 12 hours ago

Ok here is... First, I wanted to thanks all the experts here (you know who you are) for being so nice sharing your experiences...

JayPee
replies: 65 views: 3,091
akebrake 12 hours ago

Hi, Moving into a new room soon and roughing out my acoustical plans. Dimensions are as follows: 14’ 3” L x 10’10”...

aleatoric
replies: 10 views: 737
Temple of Light 18 hours ago

Where can these spiral hooks to hang them off the...

goom
replies: 4 views: 181
goom 21 hours ago

First of all, I'm not allowed to post images it seems, so here's a link to the drawing ->...

unvs
replies: 0 views: 152
unvs 23 hours ago

Hi all John in the UK here. After a lot of research here and elsewhere, and after reading Rod Gervais's book, I have hired...

jpmch
replies: 123 views: 3,280
jpmch 23 hours ago

I haven't had much luck getting to the bottom of this in other threads (which were started for different reasons) or older...

thechrisl
replies: 23 views: 782
thechrisl 1 day ago

Hi, I've heard recently that woofers of the speakers must not be placed at the vertical center of my room. My room is about...

bertru
replies: 135 views: 2,747
bertru 1 day ago

I have a somewhat unique room in my new house that I am hoping to use as a mixing room for live/remote recordings. I have read...

bmillerpipes
replies: 0 views: 209
bmillerpipes 1 day ago

Hello! I'm currently building side wall absorbers and I want them to be white with a black square in the middle. That way they...

ostfisk
replies: 21 views: 492
JLaPointe 1 day ago

Hello everyone, First post here in this forum so I just want to start by saying hello, I've recently been lurking in this...

chasingdopamine
replies: 0 views: 199
chasingdopamine 2 days ago

I am constructing a new room to be used as a mastering studio. I started with an ideal bolt area room. (In this case 9'x12')....

yardgang
replies: 0 views: 198
yardgang 2 days ago

Hi there! My company is moving to new offices ( actually early 1800s originally a hotel) and as I'm the sound department I have a...

knod
replies: 2 views: 251
knod 2 days ago

I am about to build a cloud. Can I use this material as surface on the cloud, and fill up up with rockwool on top of it?!...

Berndalen
replies: 10 views: 474
Adhoc 2 days ago

Many thanks for all the spreadsheets and small programs that have appeared over the year about room modes. The maths are pretty...

fitzj
replies: 16 views: 5,211
yardgang 2 days ago

I understand the math to calculate room modes, but I am only sure of how to implement it with a square or rectangle room. Can...

recordinghopkins
replies: 76 views: 21,139
yardgang 2 days ago

Ok so I’m almost 99% sure my area where I record and mix is not ideal. However it’s pretty much the only place in my...

GFunkFunkEra
replies: 19 views: 474
Bushman 2 days ago

Good afternoon. I do not know if this is the best sub-forum to publish this but I'm going to: diddlydoo I have two Alpha Focal...

Doclad
replies: 34 views: 517
RyanC 2 days ago

I live in a bad acoustical apartment where the walls are pretty thin (you can hear people walking and muffled talking next door)...

Plasma Face
replies: 0 views: 207
Plasma Face 2 days ago

Hello, I am requesting some help with analysis of my REW data before I begin treatment of my room. I am pretty new to REW, but I...

M.Retra
replies: 41 views: 946
M.Retra 2 days ago

I'm planning to build membrane bass traps for my tiny room. 1. What to look for when choosing the membrane material? Metal...

engin
replies: 30 views: 1,445
JuelzB 2 days ago

Hey guys, so I am about to treat my room, but before that I went and used my XREF-20 to measure the rooms response in order to...

Mr. Maki
replies: 29 views: 757
Mr. Maki 2 days ago

Hello I am looking to build a small but practical studio in an empty room that I have available. (see pictures). Most of the...

newspapers
replies: 5 views: 268
newspapers 2 days ago

So I decided to construct sound treatments for my home office / music / video production room. I used this DIY tutorial. Clear...

Ukiah Bass
replies: 5 views: 425
Ukiah Bass 3 days ago

Hi All, I realise that this is something that people spend their careers learning to do, and it's not to be asked lightly. So...

TonyHolmes
replies: 11 views: 737
TonyHolmes 4 days ago

I started using Sonarworks 4 yesterday after becoming frustrated with my inability to judge the low end in my room. After...

din
replies: 8 views: 593
dinococcus 4 days ago

hello I ordered a study furniture from the website acoustic-panels.eu, after the delay of one month and after several request...

grignacarbo
replies: 23 views: 1,072
paolomei 4 days ago

Just a quick question I hope. All things being equal, with the diagrams below, is there any major difference between the two in...

thechrisl
replies: 26 views: 580
thechrisl 4 days ago

Hey all, I'm about to wrap up my studio build as my custom doors are about to be delivered this week. I'm going with the Build it...

DaveNJ
replies: 1 views: 339
DaveNJ 5 days ago

Hey slutz, I'm working on a new studio desk to be built around my console. My friend who is building it has everything figured...

ST.Studio
replies: 0 views: 303
ST.Studio 5 days ago

Hello all, I would like to move my mixing desk into a larger adjacent room and use the current mix room as a tracking room...

Goody
replies: 2 views: 235
Goody 5 days ago

I did post this already in other discussions but i believe it does deserve a thread. Check this recent...

PaulRain
replies: 14 views: 670
housegezeichnet 5 days ago

Hello Is Caruso Isobond 040 20 cm good for bass traps ? I read in this forum that many use Caruso Isobond 035 but it has a...

saywhaa
replies: 7 views: 329
saywhaa 5 days ago

Goodnight. When I do a sweep with REW, sometimes the graph moves 2.5hz to the right. Why? It is a very annoying anomaly because...

Doclad
replies: 4 views: 355
JohnPM 5 days ago

Hey y'all, Got a bit of a weird situation here. I'm located in Brooklyn, and I just moved my stuff into an 115 SF rectangle...

JJSound21
replies: 1 views: 262
Jason Foi 5 days ago

Hello! I'm thinking about building my own corner bass traps. The front side would be roughly 24 inches in width and have...

dramis
replies: 35 views: 3,797
dramis 6 days ago

Hey. I’m building a studio in this little room in my house. Haven’t measured the dimensions yet, but it’s about 8 x 16 ft....

Snow Fox
replies: 2 views: 321
Snow Fox 6 days ago

What up gearslutters. What do some of you who have experience in rockwool(mineralwool) and fiberglass think of this---- Im...

grasshoper
replies: 2 views: 242
dinococcus 6 days ago

What effect will a flimsy room with studded sheetrock walls have on loud rock drum acoustics in a 500 sq ft room? How much...

slutter
replies: 18 views: 566
slutter 6 days ago

Hello, I am reconstructing a flat on the 3rd floor (4-floor building). I would like to decrease the sound transmission from my...

palopalka
replies: 0 views: 196
palopalka 6 days ago

I've done a little reading about basements here, but I haven't really seen a couple of my concerns addressed, so I thought I'd...

baseggio
replies: 1 views: 252
baseggio 1 week ago

Are there any good plans for a vocal booth build...large enough to record guitar in as well? Need to build one next to my...

daaronhoffman
replies: 1 views: 266
Mandavel 1 week ago

Hi, I currently work on Sonodyne SRP400 + headphones and sometimes I miss some lows from speakers. However, my room is 4 m x 3 m...

ihavelostmykeys
replies: 26 views: 659
RyanC 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search