The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 212 views: 102,877
Jens Eklund 4 weeks ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 80 views: 273,532
sicfigure 4 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 282,453
neopl 27th September 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 218,591
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I'm a fan of bobgolds website. It is a great reference that I and others have used. I am having trouble though finding the...

Sebg
replies: 4 views: 206
Sebg 8 minutes ago

Hey Sluts, I'm struggling with room! I have a serious problem just below 100hz I can't seem to shift. I have some...

orangefridge
replies: 4 views: 97
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

Hey there, We have some old 15" EV cones sitting around in our firm, which we dont need anymore. We thought about building...

NeoHippy
replies: 16 views: 207
NeoHippy 3 hours ago

Hello guys, I just moved to a new room and I get different measurements when I use Fuzzmeasure and REW. Maybe you guys can...

Jacquard
replies: 6 views: 286
Jacquard 4 hours ago

I’ve been satisfied with making music in non-treated rooms but what I’ve found is that loud rooms are sometimes annoying...

szmola
replies: 5 views: 172
Bushman 4 hours ago

What curve should I be shooting for with my mains? I have a white instruments EQ I am going to hook up but I figure I am...

parkay909
replies: 31 views: 8,645
avare 4 hours ago

Hi, I am starting to plan my new home studio and would love to get help from people who have thoughts/recommendations and have...

beatspin
replies: 16 views: 620
bgood 4 hours ago

First of all I work in a very, very small space and i've treated it quite a bit. My (seemingly) only option is to aim for a dead...

stonerbox
replies: 9 views: 329
stonerbox 6 hours ago

Hi folks! I'm upgrading my home studio to accommodate my needs for film projects. I work as a composer and sound designer and...

Chirgwin
replies: 10 views: 185
Soundman2020 7 hours ago

I'm building a drum room as part of a box in a box design. Anyway, I don't want the walls to be double leaf as I want to avoid...

princeplanet
replies: 18 views: 599
princeplanet 8 hours ago

I have Asbestos in my popcorn ceiling (house is from the 60s') and I don't want to disturb it. Are there alternative mounting...

dragonfly66
replies: 2 views: 377
Jason Foi 8 hours ago

Hi, i know there are thousands of posts talking about acoustic treatments, and i've read a lot. I think i understood some points...

golgoth21
replies: 94 views: 2,080
golgoth21 14 hours ago

Hi all, I'm hoping for an outside perspective on my control room's acoustic treatment. First, some info on my room and...

Lewis Robertson
replies: 24 views: 2,397
orangefridge 14 hours ago

I noticed this statement by Rod Gervais while doing some research on Green Glue. From Rod: __""Sorry - you can...

Pchicago
replies: 28 views: 1,017
Sebg 19 hours ago

I'm planning some acoustic upgrades to my studio and am exploring sheep's wool options. I saw a few related threads but none...

moustachio
replies: 0 views: 167
moustachio 1 day ago

Hi all, I've been reading this forum on and off for years, and finally am in a position to start my build! I've read Rod's...

Chris1234
replies: 5 views: 331
Soundman2020 1 day ago

this is something i've been playing around for a while now & i would like to share. what do we need? - a subwoofer (a nuber...

karumba
replies: 108 views: 21,471
twiy 1 day ago

I have two questions regarding calculating slotted panels. First question: Thickness, slot width, slot spacing... needing some...

logjamparty
replies: 5 views: 311
logjamparty 1 day ago

Hello everyone I've been following the forum but never posted anything. So first of all I would like to thanks for all the...

GFernandes
replies: 3 views: 313
GFernandes 1 day ago

Hello :) I need to build a "guerilla" mobile trailer mixing studio. I am wondering what would be the best solution for...

Metallica1234
replies: 3 views: 232
Metallica1234 1 day ago

hi Slutz! long time reader of this forum, first time poster. i have finally found a small space where i can build a proper...

citrusonic
replies: 0 views: 209
citrusonic 2 days ago

Hi, I wan´t to build a big skylinee diffuser. I will usse 5, 10, 15 and 20 cm´s columns. I searched on internet and got the...

memocn59
replies: 1 views: 227
Soundman2020 2 days ago

*Hi all, new to the forum, Hopefully I'm using the right etiquette to get my answer :-) I'm getting a garden room, for a studio...

SickAstley
replies: 2 views: 206
SickAstley 2 days ago

What is the best way to model the absorption of a super chunk? I've just framed out the front corners of my control room with...

logjamparty
replies: 15 views: 488
ostfisk 2 days ago

REW makes me feel quite dumb.... So, I apologize in advance if I've cocked it up! How does this look to y'all? Thanks in...

bgood
replies: 87 views: 2,178
kegn51 2 days ago

Looks like my mic-USB converter is limited to 44.1/16 bit and my USB mixer 48/16. Is this adequate for my Dayton mic into REW for...

tymish
replies: 3 views: 191
Soundman2020 2 days ago

So I was shopping for some FR701 online and found only US sellers. I came across a forum post where someone suggested contacting...

_Ludovico
replies: 2 views: 209
Deleted 451f99d 3 days ago

The main reason for me having alt monitors is to have another pair for for reference, and to hear them produce more bass, to...

kerochan
replies: 3 views: 195
Soundman2020 3 days ago

Dear slutzrockout I have been looking out to fix the room modes recently. The room treatment has to be done firstly but...

Darkray707
replies: 42 views: 1,247
Roonan 3 days ago

Hi all, I am treating my room with bass traps and foams but recently I encountered a room problem. Btw, I don't own the house,...

aabeatz
replies: 6 views: 329
jlam 3 days ago

im building a home studio and i was wondering if exposed safe n sound would be safe to be breathing as im using it for bass...

MC Cracker
replies: 4 views: 333
Deleted 451f99d 4 days ago

Hello, I have a 4.2m x 3.7m room that has carpet on 2/3 of the floor, wood floor in the rest of the area, Bass Traps in the...

sicfigure
replies: 16 views: 624

Hey guys. I have my blue prints coming in from the website DAW BOX. Heres an exact link to what I want to build. ::::New...

hb.karmuh
replies: 11 views: 366

YouTube Why would he build this? I mean what is the reason for something like this? He plays it in an untreated room, doesn't...

Deleted 451f99d
replies: 16 views: 550
dinococcus 4 days ago

I have a bunch of this material. Wood pellets as a biomass fuel | Treco Does it have properties for acoustic treatment? Can...

scalawag
replies: 0 views: 180
scalawag 4 days ago

hello guys i'm new here, i only created my account to ask if someone knows what kind of walls deadmau5 has in his new studio,i...

PAULOPAUZUDO
replies: 3 views: 588
PAULOPAUZUDO 5 days ago

G,day GS crew. Long time reader of this forum . I'm converting my shed into a 2 channel listening room , home gym and maybe...

Oval56
replies: 9 views: 592
Oval56 5 days ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 159 views: 48,474
askomiko 5 days ago

Hi, I just moved into a new apartment. And the highway is close to my apartment. I hear trucks and cars Fairley loud. I want to...

passionmax
replies: 3 views: 261
pquinn 5 days ago

First, let me describe my situation and then I'll move onto the questions. I have a garage which I am converting into a studio. ...

Quint
replies: 94 views: 14,600
noah330 5 days ago

A simple question and I thought here would be a good place to ask. When deciding the size of the room you want when building a...

reckless erik
replies: 12 views: 391
reckless erik 6 days ago

Hi guys - I am after some advice please. I am currently putting together a home studio - so far I have a small live room in...

TTTeltdown
replies: 7 views: 538
Soundman2020 6 days ago

Hi everyone, Bit of a long read but I have clearly detailed everything so its straight and to the point and no time wasted. Many...

VaasL
replies: 1 views: 218
VaasL 6 days ago

Hi there I'm looking for a good solution to make some remote session work from home. Although i spend most of my time...

jakelorenz
replies: 5 views: 330
RyanC 6 days ago

Hey Guys I hope someone here would be able to explain to me the difference between random and non-random diffusion. my live...

konradfounded
replies: 0 views: 253
konradfounded 6 days ago

Hello all good people, im building my first home studio, been making music for years now, using headphones, now i will have one...

gedna
replies: 3 views: 447
Soundman2020 1 week ago

I am getting a small amateur music room/studio built in my garden. I am primarily a guitar and bass player. I want to achieve...

aux8
replies: 33 views: 935
Soundman2020 1 week ago

Hi guys, I've tried searching but didn't find any usable answer, so I'd like to ask you for a little help. I have my own...

fakir_cz
replies: 23 views: 37,792
Soundman2020 1 week ago

This is regarding the prospect of building mixing/recording studio in a 16' cube van. (Not a Transit Connect, or Sprinter, or a...

mrand
replies: 4 views: 268
mrand 1 week ago

Wondering if anyone has a source for Porous Expanded Polypropylene panels such as the link below. FYI interested in using these...

skylabfilmpop
replies: 0 views: 256
skylabfilmpop 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search