The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Views: 1,322
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 229 views: 345,717
AmrH 1 week ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 10,471
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 321,226
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 117,216
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 265,171
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi, Any idea where I can get speaker stands that will clamp on to a desk in the UK? Something like...

binman_uk
replies: 17 views: 25,773
themajorgear 1 hour ago

Dear reader, Firstly I really appreciate your time! I found these old bed frames in the attic and as a non-expert in the field...

BarryLimestone
replies: 26 views: 774
Grovestand 2 hours ago

I am designing my Baffle Boxes for my HRV unit. I have a 150cfm Fantec HRV that will be going through 6" ducting into and...

noobnoise
replies: 0 views: 50
noobnoise 3 hours ago

Hi all, I'm in the midst of adding acoustic treatment to my drum room is 16' (L) x 11' (W) x 7'8'' (H). At the moment it has a...

Badaboom
replies: 0 views: 46
Badaboom 4 hours ago

Hello! I could use some advice on what to do next to treat my room. Thank you very much to anyone who is so inclined. If you...

Grovestand
replies: 18 views: 433
Grovestand 5 hours ago

Hello, guys. It's been a long time since I visited this forum! I still have an untreated, control room, but it's livable and...

ejbragg
replies: 18 views: 158
ejbragg 7 hours ago

Hi guys, Without getting into why rockwool/fibreglass may be completely safe or not, price not being the primary concern, what...

lonvoc
replies: 14 views: 518
dinococcus 10 hours ago

How completely supress computer chassis noise? The venue is small room with little furniture. Hence it has a lot of reflections....

yrdlofff
replies: 6 views: 313
dinococcus 10 hours ago

Hi all, as far as I know there should be no decay / resonance below the first axial mode. How is it possible (what are possible...

BT_1234
replies: 38 views: 524
thethrillfactor 20 hours ago

I have a shallow wall situation under a little cubby / closet space in my little home project studio build. I've got one later...

oldschoolish
replies: 7 views: 182
Grovestand 23 hours ago

Hey guys, I'm new and desperately in need of some expert opinions. Having a lot of issues trying to track down an EMI or...

Groundthumper
replies: 0 views: 63
Groundthumper 1 day ago

Hello everyone! hope you doing well at those corona times howdy I have just bought yamaha 80hs monitors (8") and i want to...

quara23
replies: 1 views: 109
syntheticrhyme 1 day ago

Hello, folks!  I have a question about the calibration process with the GLM 3 system. Look at the picture I have attached,...

ambientvibes
replies: 1 views: 139
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hey guys I’m in the process of finding my speaker/ monitoring position and have found out the my bass traps are causing a dip...

CrispyJones
replies: 2 views: 181
CrispyJones 1 day ago

hi guys, so i'm trying to use the ARC 3 room treatment system from ik multimedia but its reading my room as having such a massive...

RABE
replies: 9 views: 222
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

So I got my DAW desk really sound treated so that my speaker sound doesn't bounce around too much, now why can't I just use this...

Niber
replies: 3 views: 139
Bushman 1 day ago

Halo all, I had my room build a long time ago with Rockwool 80kg/m3 for superchunk and panels. I have been reading and...

dansantoso
replies: 27 views: 753
tks0326 1 day ago

Hi guys! I have the next problem, in my studio setup I need to have these three things in the room, the desk (with the monitor...

Victor Quezada
replies: 3 views: 158
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi guys, I've asked a few Qs here and have been guided by your wonderful help (mainly DanDan and I can't thank him enough but...

Samion
replies: 12 views: 3,015
Phil Cibley 2 days ago

Hi all, I thought it would be helpful to other people considering buying to show the construction of these Adictive Sound...

benferrari
replies: 3 views: 245
MarcB 2 days ago

I'm in Australia and my local Bunnings has Knauf Earthwool insulation for a very affordable price that I think will suit my needs...

SoupRising
replies: 1 views: 262
Starlight 2 days ago

Hey... Sorry for this silly question. What is the ideal angle for an ideal stereotriangle? Should the speakers be angled...

Okatvius
replies: 1 views: 195
Starlight 2 days ago

In adition to our HVAC baffle supply/return system which we've built by the book, we are looking to suppliment the rack room with...

jml designs
replies: 5 views: 176
Starlight 2 days ago

I was leaving overseas and have ordered 4 years ago several 244, 242..... I was delighted. I moved here in USA 2 years ago. Still...

Antmou
replies: 5 views: 364
Grovestand 2 days ago

I'm looking to connect two buildings I have that are about 8 feet from each other. One will serve mainly as a control room, the...

Lorddiagram
replies: 2 views: 166
Grovestand 2 days ago

I'm looking for speaker stands that can properly lock position (not one of those pin stands that freely rotate), and raise/lower...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 222
VenVile 2 days ago

Hello so unfortunately I have a small vocal room that's just the bedroom that I can't really do much with. I do have Broadband...

skiroy
replies: 11 views: 937
Adhoc 2 days ago

Suggestion for those panels placement. Should I have the absorbers behind the speakers? Or ok to have the speakers against the...

makasi
replies: 1 views: 107
makasi 2 days ago

Hi everyone, my house has a (currently damp) basement which I would like to use as a home studio. In 10 days I'll be...

BogaNet
replies: 4 views: 375
Grovestand 2 days ago

Hey there, I'm looking to properly treat a closet for voice over recordings. I know, I know small closets aren't ideal, but it's...

lapdog12
replies: 0 views: 108
lapdog12 3 days ago

Hey guys, I’m setting up my room and I’m looking for some advise. Iv got a big dip at 100Hz I’m trying so clean...

CrispyJones
replies: 5 views: 274
CrispyJones 3 days ago

So i just picked up a krk 10s subwoofer to match my krk VXT6 monitors. I'm having a bit of a trouble setting it all up. For...

doubledre
replies: 12 views: 17,599
Nigel 3 days ago

Problem is it gets pretty hot in the summer time and my mic would be right beside the portable air conditioner. i use condenser...

onshott1
replies: 0 views: 135
onshott1 3 days ago

Hey gang, I have just moved house, and am trying to figure out how to set up my home studio room. Where do you guys think would...

jimbo_baby84
replies: 7 views: 205
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

My room is just under 11 feet by 21 feet with 8 feet ceilings. I just purchased the wood I need to build 16 panels in my...

Drakaland
replies: 22 views: 923
Drakaland 3 days ago

Hi there, i'm working on my control room at the moment and after some research i'm thinking i may have a problem with a...

bmaughan
replies: 10 views: 335
bert stoltenborg 3 days ago

So I'm adding some insulation in a wall, mainly to shield outside noise, but now rather than sealing the insulation/frame with...

Niber
replies: 2 views: 194
kludgeaudio 4 days ago

Hey guys, wanted to ask your opinion - Which is better? Hard fiberglass boards or rockwool boards? Which of the two provides the...

Aaron Balakay
replies: 3 views: 244
Aaron Balakay 4 days ago

Hi, Does anyone have recommendations for really thick curtains that look nice? They're going in front of double glass doors...

asymonds
replies: 0 views: 143
asymonds 4 days ago

I’m thinking of adding some rockwool to cover most of the ceiling/roof. My question is if anyone has any ideas on how I can add...

yodriges123
replies: 4 views: 207
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

I think there are some kids living right underneath my room/studio in an apartment. I hear quite a lot of low & mid...

yodriges123
replies: 8 views: 466
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

I had three 48"x96" panels milled, and four 24"x48" panels milled. Due to a miscommunication, and me failing...

logjamparty
replies: 2 views: 258
Adhoc 5 days ago

I was closed to buying a few mic stands to throw a few moving blankets as a T shape to make gobos to record vocals. I just...

etrella
replies: 5 views: 268
pencilextremist 5 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 873 views: 331,617
nkrypth 5 days ago

I was using the Master Handbook of Acoustics to investigate RT60 times. For a small home studio (say 8x12x15 ft = 1440 ft3 )...

devnull
replies: 0 views: 162
devnull 5 days ago

I am building my first studio mixing room and need help with the overall design of it. I have a 15 foot by 11.5 foot space to...

Mdog0928
replies: 5 views: 385
thethrillfactor 6 days ago

Hi all - I've been using my untreated spare bedroom as a small music room. I've always been planning to do a little treatment...

mungu
replies: 11 views: 343
mungu 6 days ago

Hi everyone. I'm going to be mounting a pair of JBL LSR308 studio monitors/speakers on the wall. My walls are 1/2" drywall...

The Mule
replies: 0 views: 166
The Mule 6 days ago

Hi, few months after discusstion in my thread Soundproofing an apartment workshop I got a chance to rent a more suitable space...

qwertysimo
replies: 1 views: 310
Starlight 6 days ago

Hello everyone! I’m posting this to the “Studio Building/Acoustics forum. It may be better suited posting it somewhere...

GOStudioNC
replies: 20 views: 328
Bushman 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search