The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 349,352
pencilextremist 1 day ago

It is with a heavy heart that I received the news this morning that Francis Manzella of FM Designs passed away...

Northward
replies: 9 views: 1,050
avare 1 week ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 11,823
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 325,710
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 118,837
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 267,084
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone! I just built a new studio setup and installed all the acoustic panels I had as leftovers from my other studio and...

ToniMartin
replies: 9 views: 821
Jens Eklund 43 minutes ago

Hi people, I am just finishing off my project studio (not professional, so very low budget) I purchased the Sonarworks...

Muskman
replies: 92 views: 1,066
deedeeyeah 53 minutes ago

I moved into a new house and need to treat my workspace. I need some advice on the materials and how to deal with some problems...

Mr.E
replies: 18 views: 286
Mr.E 1 hour ago

Hi. I'm in the midst of a studio build and just thinking about the windows. The building has double glazing (4mm - 14mm gap -...

C247
replies: 0 views: 29
C247 1 hour ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 57 views: 1,585
tomwatson 2 hours ago

Wanting to build some early reflection acoustic panels using Knauf rigid insulation. The guy at the store ask if I wanted foil...

OLDNOOB
replies: 197 views: 2,720
OLDNOOB 5 hours ago

Title says it all. I'm renting this house month-to-month during COVID so paying for acoustic treatment for these rooms seems like...

istealhotelsoap
replies: 3 views: 92
Kyle P. Gushue 12 hours ago

I usually set up my mix room with the monitors across the room, and me sitting on the opposite wall. I like hearing the room and...

greatFox
replies: 30 views: 834
greatFox 13 hours ago

Has anyone been able to reuse rotofast snap-on anchors? I've just moved to a new house and I'd like to reuse the panels I had in...

mightypants
replies: 1 views: 80
Kyle P. Gushue 13 hours ago

Hey guys I’ve been thinking of upgrading my HS8s. I produce techno so appreciate that they go down to 38hz. They do well but...

Amendoza1
replies: 1 views: 83
Kyle P. Gushue 14 hours ago

Hi all! We just treated our spare room with some DIY bass traps and absorbers, so here are the first measurements. From my...

kuher
replies: 5 views: 243
kuher 18 hours ago

hey guys, I am deciding on the most cost effective way to build a small vocal booth for rap vocals, and I have been thinking...

EmceeFinnegan
replies: 1 views: 131
avare 1 day ago

Hi from Spain! Sorry in advance for the long post! This is my first post but I have been lurking Gearslutz for many years, it...

xev
replies: 1 views: 152
xev 1 day ago

Hello, I'm working on converting my 2 gar garage into a room for casual jamming and an amateur studio. It will mostly be...

HastyRichtardo
replies: 2 views: 120
HastyRichtardo 1 day ago

Hello, Im a drummer and i want to make good sound in my room . Be able to play and record I have 16 pieces of 50mm rockwool...

Lololo
replies: 4 views: 277
Mike Caffrey 1 day ago

Greetings, everyone! I'm pretty new to mixing and acoustics, and I'm wondering if my situation is salvageable. Goal: Use...

Rheteriq
replies: 9 views: 269
Rheteriq 1 day ago

I pmailed with: I mean absorption coefficients greater than 1.0. See RD1992-11 fig 1. See fig. 2 to compare with...

avare
replies: 2 views: 198
avare 1 day ago

My studio is in the basement and I need some quick treatment to throw up on the walls that won't mildew as it's damp down there....

robotchicken
replies: 3 views: 162
pencilextremist 2 days ago

hey all this is my first post,hope you treat me well:) So this is the room i currently have my setup and you will notice...

nikosefs
replies: 5 views: 451
nikosefs 2 days ago

Hi y'all, I am currently towards the end stages of building out my studio. I'm looking for a little advice regarding drywall...

RSMBSound
replies: 3 views: 261
RSMBSound 2 days ago

Hello, I recently bought an Auratone 5s for the purpose of mixing in mono to try and detect flaws in my mix (was reading that...

ferrini41
replies: 5 views: 243
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hi, I currently have my studio setup in a room that is above our bedrooms and next to the neighbours so my wife freaks out if I...

orbita
replies: 4 views: 183
orbita 2 days ago

Hi all, I'm in the design process of improving my mixing room and am looking at flush-mounting my Barefoot MM45s to improve...

Deaf
replies: 0 views: 154
Deaf 2 days ago

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a suitable / safe duct liner for my baffle boxes here in Ireland and not having much luck. I only...

OshMurr
replies: 0 views: 117
OshMurr 2 days ago

Hi everyone hopefully someone can help me with this :) I'm not the best when it comes to technology but even though I followed...

Sexy Beast
replies: 3 views: 177
akebrake 2 days ago

I'm building a room in the basement of a house that I'll soon be moving into. The house has a large unfinished open area where...

Burstwurst
replies: 38 views: 1,432
Burstwurst 2 days ago

hey gang! I’m moving flats tomorrow and finally have a separate room for the home studio. It’s wide and shallow, perfectly...

thehallmonitor
replies: 2 views: 156
thehallmonitor 3 days ago

I’ve been looking into sheep’s wool as an alternative material for building porous absorbers. I couldn’t find much...

iansampson
replies: 7 views: 372
pankid 3 days ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 182 views: 67,845
DeathRobot 3 days ago

Hello everyone. I have an issue with some bass trap placement in my room. The back right corner is where the door is so I cant...

optikstrange
replies: 1 views: 152
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Setting up my new studio room and am looking for the best way to keep to temperature comfortable. I am renting the space so AC...

dmac660
replies: 6 views: 184
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hey I am just trying to work out which compromise would benefit me greater here please. I have a new space which is 2.4m tall...

Muskman
replies: 8 views: 546
JayPee 3 days ago

Hi there , so I will be treating a small studio space, wanted to get some ideas on the design, specifically the corner bass traps...

jazztronaut
replies: 18 views: 719
jazztronaut 4 days ago

Hi, I'm going to build a wall in front of the wall in the picture, but as you can see the space between joists is being used as a...

Downsound
replies: 6 views: 254
Downsound 4 days ago

Due to limitations on where I can put my desk, I have to have my monitors only 44in apart. This means that even though my...

Obe1
replies: 1 views: 164
thethrillfactor 4 days ago

I’ve been tracking in my home for years using my large garage as a live room and a big room above it as CR. I wired a snake and...

DavidKmusic
replies: 5 views: 1,303
lkbrothers4life 4 days ago

Hi everyone, another room treatment thread. A little context. I am a electronic music producer that mixes his own music. I may...

amateur_dreamer
replies: 1 views: 165
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

I'm building a small house that will function only as a studio. However, the dimensions are far from ideal - but this house was...

White Falcon
replies: 5 views: 242
White Falcon 4 days ago

Seeking help from you amazing people for this mix room I’m in the process of setting up. The only room it works in this...

cfen
replies: 14 views: 273
cfen 4 days ago

So this year I was diagnosed with low-grade cancer. Doctors told me this is not a high risk and should be able to be contained....

infusivemusic
replies: 9 views: 377
Deleted 10089a2 4 days ago

I am building a 24" deep trap across the entire back wall of my mix room. I see that many people use R-30 for deep broadband...

DeathRobot
replies: 21 views: 332
DeathRobot 5 days ago

Hey guys, I'm building my first home studio and I'm facing a few issues due to the limitations of my room. I drew a very...

renka
replies: 3 views: 210
johannburkard 5 days ago

Hi everyone, Is there anyone in or around Albuquerque, NM, who can help me improve the sound in my home mixing room? Acoustic...

greatFox
replies: 0 views: 147
greatFox 5 days ago

Hoping you guys can help here. I got a STC-43 door from a company, which was installed by my contractor. The company didn't...

maxiedaniels
replies: 16 views: 495
Kronos147 5 days ago

Hey Everyone. I've been around here for a while, learned lots. Spent a lot of time here when I was at my old condo rental so I...

Obe1
replies: 10 views: 290
Obe1 5 days ago

Are rockwool panels 100/kg 2" any good? 4" much better? Less dense much better? For drum studio

Lololo
replies: 1 views: 189
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

I have a tricky back wall to treat, so what I’m going to opt for instead of mounting, is just letting them free stand. May add...

LeoRapture
replies: 8 views: 301

For my 6'11'' ceiling, based on recent discussion and some reading of Rod Gervais book, I'm thinking of putting a single layer of...

jabraham
replies: 2 views: 206

Can anyone recommend a reliable acoustic caulk available in Ireland / UK that's not going to fail in a year or two? There's...

OshMurr
replies: 15 views: 425

Hi, im seeking advice on how to further enhance my studio acoustics. Im producing mainly electronic music and want I to...

copilotoo
replies: 5 views: 307

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search