The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 229 views: 347,264
AmrH 1st July 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 10,977
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 322,872
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 117,832
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 265,896
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I would like to now if using a limited band is more accurate

nickalpha
replies: 8 views: 113
Jason Foi 2 minutes ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 25 views: 2,446
Kyle P. Gushue 42 minutes ago

Hi everyone, Hope I'm asking this in the right place- I thought I saw a few other threads here that dealt with similar...

Samr4560
replies: 2 views: 128
Samr4560 1 hour ago

In my non-pro recording room, I have a problem with background noise coming from outside. I think this is due to the fact that 3...

Luca79
replies: 3 views: 83
Starlight 3 hours ago

Hello to you all!howdy It is the first time that I'm posting to the forum, but I come to Gearslutz to research since 2010. I...

danielteclas
replies: 6 views: 201
chessparov2.0 6 hours ago

Hey everyone! I have a 5 acre plot I am about to build a house on and I am also looking at plans and prices from local steel...

Toddisgodd
replies: 6 views: 109
Jason Foi 6 hours ago

Hello! I have this room available to set up my home studio. It is rather tiny and less than ideal, but I'm sure it's possible to...

InTheMood
replies: 14 views: 310
InTheMood 7 hours ago

I want to make a DIY Tube Bass Trap. Can I fill a cardboard tube (30 cm diameter) with mineral wool or does the wool have to be...

buka
replies: 6 views: 134
Jason Foi 7 hours ago

I bought a Spl meter of amazon but just realize it only as A Weighted no c Weighted can this be used to calibrate my studio...

nickalpha
replies: 4 views: 122
nickalpha 7 hours ago

Friends, I have a couple of new EQ's coming into my home studio, so I thought I would search the database to catch any new...

Jazzbassist
replies: 4 views: 119
Kyle P. Gushue 8 hours ago

I don't know too much about speakers tech data. I was eyeing a pair of Dynaudio BM 15...

JayPee
replies: 2 views: 73
MediaGary 9 hours ago

Hello all i need advice regarding monitor position in small room, my room is 4.9meters in lenght 3meters wide, and has...

gedna
replies: 11 views: 600
gedna 10 hours ago

Hello, I have been doing lots of research, but cannot find an answer to this question. For the parts of a room besides corners...

aergiluh
replies: 3 views: 113
Jason Foi 11 hours ago

Hey all, first actual post so correct me if I'm wrong. I'm debating if I should get new monitors - that's a whole other story...

Dan Raven
replies: 3 views: 167
Rick Dalton 13 hours ago

Hi guys, I was planning on converting my garage into a studio (thread on here) but after some saving and re-thinking, I have...

SilverfoxUK
replies: 3 views: 735
Analog Jones 17 hours ago

Hey, I'm looking to DIY some room treatment and the usual go to is rockwool, but I'm not sold on its effectiveness. I've heard...

jacky teryaki
replies: 2 views: 139
avare 19 hours ago

Hello, guys. It's been a long time since I visited this forum! I still have an untreated, control room, but it's livable and...

ejbragg
replies: 31 views: 587
Mayhem13 22 hours ago

Hello please read the whole post - I have tried to include all and as much information as possible to make helping easier. room...

Anna_logue
replies: 10 views: 276
thethrillfactor 23 hours ago

Hello ya'll, I moved into a practically square room (12.3 x 12 x 8). It's all I have available in the new home, so relocating...

AllanD
replies: 6 views: 121
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Where should I place my sound insulation panels? I have five 4x4s and two 2x2s. Can place them over the windows, or could get...

Swagboymcgee
replies: 5 views: 234
johannburkard 1 day ago

Reading this old topic I came across these two comments about duct liner (bold is mine): What is the normal practice: to line...

Starlight
replies: 4 views: 91
Starlight 1 day ago

Hello everyone! As mentionned in the title, I am looking to sound treat my drum recording room. The room is 7.9' tall, 15'...

ayygurl
replies: 0 views: 84
ayygurl 1 day ago

Hello, I am building a shed in my garden with an extra room in it, to use as drum room. I understood for venting it is best to...

remcoh
replies: 10 views: 220
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hey All, I am just entering into research and design of a potential new studio. It will be from the ground up on some property...

AVAM
replies: 11 views: 343
Jason Foi 1 day ago

So... my girlfriend an I just rented a house. Problem: the stairwell is open. No door. "Fine, I'll just frame it out...

Estatesound
replies: 1 views: 98
Starlight 1 day ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 4 views: 199
onshott1 1 day ago

Hi guys I want to get my speakers off my desk and put them on stands behind it. At the moment i have IsoAcoustic desk...

infernouk
replies: 67 views: 9,027
rameron 1 day ago

Hello- I have a free-standing 10x12 studio out in my yard. I'm a drummer, looking to practice without disturbing my...

dwdjmu
replies: 9 views: 2,768
Starlight 1 day ago

Any advice to these baffles before I add the final layer of insulation and screw them closed? I’m cutting the 6” ducts on...

jml designs
replies: 75 views: 6,140
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

I’ve always had my monitors behind my desk on stands, but I’m curious why monitors on the desk is not advised.. Is it due...

maxiedaniels
replies: 2 views: 155
avare 2 days ago

Hi audio friends, I'm redoing my control room and am building some rear wall diffusers. Here's my question: what purpose do...

BSAchop
replies: 1 views: 198
Shrdni 2 days ago

So to replace a bunch of damaged regular type X the distributor dumped in my driveway like a slob, they delivered 50 sheets of...

jml designs
replies: 3 views: 128
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I have been researching options for improving my temporary situation (an 18x13x8.5 living room), where I'll be tracking overdubs...

mikoo69
replies: 0 views: 117
mikoo69 2 days ago

Hey guys, i bought a few basstraps for my big room (i have no other to choose from) and i realized vey late that they are...

RedFox300
replies: 1 views: 178
dinococcus 2 days ago

hi guys I'm trying to source for rock wool products in China but unsure which brand to purchase from, worried about the content...

jazztronaut
replies: 0 views: 108
jazztronaut 2 days ago

Hi all, I've built soffit style bass traps, floor to ceiling, in the four corners of my room. These are filled with Safe n...

Drakaland
replies: 9 views: 210
Drakaland 3 days ago

So I was online looking around at a few things and came across a video for the Acoustic Fields kits. In the video they show how...

noah330
replies: 18 views: 2,405
JF Sebastian 3 days ago

I am close to having the two window panes installed between my control and live rooms. The wall assembly is dual separated...

thruhiker
replies: 5 views: 159
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hello! I have been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that Sorbothane feet/stands are the best things to rest...

abovetheclouds
replies: 56 views: 11,037
JayPee 3 days ago

The last time I updated my desktop computer system for better recording performance I went with a fan instead of liquid cooling....

Drakaland
replies: 5 views: 212
pencilextremist 3 days ago

Hi there, i'm working on my control room at the moment and after some research i'm thinking i may have a problem with a...

bmaughan
replies: 30 views: 841
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

I am calibrating my yamaha monitors and have done some research. Some sites say to set the pink noise to -20 while others say 0....

jamesb09
replies: 1 views: 150
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hi, I have a 2-space (2U) desktop stationary rack mount case, but I really dislike using it - it is too deep. I can't easily get...

Cymbals
replies: 4 views: 218
Cymbals 3 days ago

Hi there! Will my bed affect the sound quality even if my room has acoustic treatment? I am considering placing an overhead...

I_V_502
replies: 2 views: 202
pasim123 4 days ago

Anybody have any experience with the Primacoustic GoTraps? I’m thinking they’d solve a couple of different functions here...

bgood
replies: 11 views: 1,009
mikoo69 4 days ago

Where should I place my sound insulation panels? I have four 4x4s and two 2x2s. Can place them over the windows, or could get...

Swagboymcgee
replies: 0 views: 147
Swagboymcgee 4 days ago

Hi all, I hope everyone is doing great. Amateur and hobbyist here, I'm reaching out to see if someone can give me tips on how...

Blues_Wolf
replies: 5 views: 343
Blues_Wolf 4 days ago

Hi guys. I'm new here and compared to the people here am a novice to acoustics (although I studied it briefly in college) and...

TracerZA
replies: 4 views: 332
TracerZA 4 days ago

I finally have a small room that I can devote to recording. Very small. Studio Room Size: 7'7" h or 91" 8' w or...

weave
replies: 5 views: 586
Laine Pierce 4 days ago

Hello, I have been recording drums for my brother in his dedicated drum room for a while and we decided we wanted to turn the...

kurama3114
replies: 3 views: 235
coreyspencer 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search