The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 228 views: 339,567
Jromero 2 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 8,891
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 316,770
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 116,114
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 260,443
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hello everyone, I started building a studio in my production room because I noticed how difficult it was to mix with speakers...

gherghero
replies: 6 views: 144
gherghero 28 minutes ago

I've been working (mostly mixing) on a 30" tall desk with a smooth finish. The left legs also double as a shelf with 1"...

Coconut_Head
replies: 5 views: 122
mrfantastic 1 hour ago

I'm moving my working room to a new place. This new room is in such irregular shape, the REW result looks worse than my bedroom....

kuasalogam
replies: 1 views: 48
NeveousWreck 2 hours ago

Hello fellow gearslutz, I recently moved to a home and was forced (by the wife) to use an odd-shaped existing office which is...

miguel_79
replies: 8 views: 184
NeveousWreck 2 hours ago

Hello people, I'm trying to finish my new mixing room these days. I have finished my measurements (I'll follow up with a new...

neurotic18
replies: 4 views: 244
Jason Foi 11 hours ago

Hi, I wish to setup two subs against the front wall to create a plane wave and reduce the node running up the centre of the...

IEC
replies: 0 views: 102
IEC 11 hours ago

Wassup, I wanted to ask for some help on acoustic treatment and speaker positions. My room is 22,9 feet long so about 7...

dazelbc
replies: 1 views: 80
Jens Eklund 13 hours ago

Hi Could someone take a look at my Mdat please? Basically I think I have as much of the correct type of treatment as I can...

Container1
replies: 51 views: 2,146
akebrake 14 hours ago

Hey guys! I made a thread not too long ago when I moved into my new house, asking how to properly position and treat my space....

tee_horse
replies: 0 views: 106
tee_horse 18 hours ago

Hey all, so I've just moved houses where I set up my studio what seemed to be the most convenient of places, having the...

General Haze
replies: 2 views: 204
General Haze 21 hours ago

Hello all, I am preparing for a studio build in a stick frame garage I’m having put up. The total space I’m working with is...

Runfromdier
replies: 20 views: 518
Runfromdier 23 hours ago

I know that these Helmholts resonators are used to fix very narrow bandwidth room issues in recording spaces but I was wondering...

camomiletea
replies: 10 views: 250
camomiletea 1 day ago

What type of membrane/s can be used to best block highs and absorb as much low end as possible... I use FRK on my superchunks,...

Jerbery
replies: 12 views: 1,611
matus_pigy 1 day ago

Hi! I was just wondering where it might be the cheapest to get Knauf insulation near Orange County in 2020. The shipping costs...

Kiwiade
replies: 0 views: 148
Kiwiade 1 day ago

I have a room with very high ceilings which I think is going to be quite difficult and costly to thoroughly dampen and am...

JoshViV
replies: 3 views: 212
standup 1 day ago

Hi, I recently got some HS7s and want to get them sounding good in my room. I have been reading many articles about speaker...

rupert12
replies: 3 views: 263
Bushman 1 day ago

Hello, I have a small one room studio (about 12 sqm after treatment), built as a 2-leaf structure. I use small HRV unit to...

kominak
replies: 8 views: 309
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi guys, After a long (kids related) hiatus, I'm finally coming back to treating my little home studio. A while ago I...

jaginn
replies: 5 views: 292
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hey slutz, my monitors are on what I think is the correct wall for my temporary bedroom studio (novice mix engineer). However,...

Coconut_Head
replies: 0 views: 120
Coconut_Head 1 day ago

I have a rear corner where I could put a soffit vertically in a corner but the opposite corner/wall has a door - so I couldn’t...

mrbump
replies: 8 views: 413
mrbump 2 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 863 views: 326,061
dansantoso 2 days ago

I am going to build a one room studio for mixing/mastering and a recording area for primarily vocals. The dimensions are roughly...

Ronco
replies: 6 views: 516
Ronco 2 days ago

Please delete, I need to repost! I need to edit and hopefully the few people that skimmed past this would reconsider my post.

Coconut_Head
replies: 1 views: 179
Coconut_Head 2 days ago

Hey guys! After doing tons of reading, I finally have four 2' x 4' x 4" thick GIK panels and UMIK-1 measurement mic. I've...

tee_horse
replies: 9 views: 222
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 19 views: 1,893
avare 2 days ago

OK, now that I have your attention :) , I have recently engaged consultancy for my studio build from someone who claims to have...

princeplanet
replies: 23 views: 690
princeplanet 2 days ago

Hello all, Im having a difficult time figuring out the layout of my new recording studio.I recently moved in to a new...

AlexFever
replies: 0 views: 120
AlexFever 2 days ago

In one new 600 sq/ft above ground room, I'm running a ductless split AC. Room is still under construction, but mostly...

replies: 49 views: 101,235
Starlight 2 days ago

What is the quietest mini split AC system? I thought they were all as loud as the unit in my studio. I walked into another studio...

brandoncross
replies: 39 views: 18,731
Afarr 2 days ago

Hi guys, I'm building a custom mixing desk and am trying to decide on heights of things. I'm primarily torn between a sitting or...

iipeacefrog
replies: 1 views: 224
akebrake 2 days ago

Can someone please explain the use of the slot resonator panels behind this guy in the picture? There seems to be a couple of...

camomiletea
replies: 36 views: 533
avare 3 days ago

I'm starting at the very beginning in terms of room treatment. I just had a few quick foundational questions specific to my room...

Barncore
replies: 8 views: 563
mrfantastic 3 days ago

I have an old 1950's house. I'm finishing a 25x12 foot room in the basement to be my music space. The joists supporting the...

Tyson Yerex
replies: 1 views: 192
standup 3 days ago

Has anyone by any chance been using...

sonicparticle
replies: 1 views: 170
andrebrito 3 days ago

I want to record vocals-guitar amp-and hand percussion in a small closet. I also want to be able to block as much outside noise...

james01
replies: 0 views: 121
james01 3 days ago

Hi all. I started reading about monitor positioning and the more I read, the more I get confused. So maybe within this thread...

FlavioB
replies: 11 views: 383
Grovestand 3 days ago

Hi friends TL;DR: Is it possible to build an isolation tank to track acoustic drums in inside a garage that will be effective...

runfrodorun
replies: 1 views: 141
runfrodorun 3 days ago

I think I've tried to ask this kind of question before, but have never seen a definitive answer. I am building a room within a...

princeplanet
replies: 14 views: 396
avare 3 days ago

What are your thoughts? I'm entertaining the idea of building a Scandinavian type barn to move the studio to. It has wood panels...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 1 views: 184
pencilextremist 3 days ago

Here's a picture of my room: https://i.imgur.com/SXeIZUv.jpg The windows are outlined in purple. They are double pane and looks...

audiophool
replies: 4 views: 262
pencilextremist 3 days ago

Hi - Couple Quick questions here, greatly appreciate your help. First question: Rather than installing 2 layers of 5/8”...

jml designs
replies: 4 views: 241
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hello everyone, I have a series of questions regarding my new speakers and current room situation. I've got a pair of Adam...

aslutforgear
replies: 9 views: 335
aslutforgear 4 days ago

Hello, I am in the process of making some acoustic panels. They have 2" wedge foam on the exteriors and cardboard backing....

gearstudent
replies: 7 views: 369
bert stoltenborg 4 days ago

Hi guys, I hope you're all well! Months ago, I spent many fruitless hours researching baffle box design. There were a few things...

Chris1234
replies: 7 views: 446
Chris1234 4 days ago

Hello, I have some charcoal-grey acoustic foam on order. That color can be kind of dreary in large quantities, and studio foam...

gearstudent
replies: 3 views: 330
David Rick 4 days ago

Hey, (my english isnt that great) I just bought some bass traps but whenever I go into my vocal booth I start to feel sick...

xmasdy
replies: 1 views: 188
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hello Everyone!! freshflowe I just finish the entire wood structure, and I have 8cm rockwool from another project to cover my...

patata_freskita
replies: 11 views: 3,249
patata_freskita 4 days ago

So, I've been thinking about a composers desk. I've ripped off the designs of a few different desks I've found around that I...

ndjonz
replies: 29 views: 3,891
DrMickey 4 days ago

Any advice to these baffles before I add the final layer of insulation and screw them closed? I’m cutting the 6” ducts on...

jml designs
replies: 64 views: 4,900
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hi there! Preliminary info: I have linked a picture of GIK's room builder to show my room's dimensions and layout (height is...

Spaddie
replies: 6 views: 338
johannburkard 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search