The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 228 views: 341,064
Jromero 3 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 9,217
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 317,837
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 116,343
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 261,681
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

This is my first post here after lurking for days, hello everyone! Building a home studio mainly for vocals, I record in the...

Keven
replies: 5 views: 289
Keven 1 hour ago

Hi, I wish to setup two subs against the front wall to create a plane wave and reduce the node running up the centre of the...

IEC
replies: 3 views: 290
IEC 2 hours ago

Hi, I'm doing some last touches to my rented studio space, I have a rear slanted dry wall ceiling that is completely empty right...

shiftreturn
replies: 35 views: 689
5.333V 6 hours ago

Hi, First post here. I´m currently building a home studio and did a REW measurement a few hours ago. The majority of the...

zyodmusic
replies: 6 views: 236
thethrillfactor 6 hours ago

Hi, I've built a room in the attic which I eventually hope to use as a home mixing studio, although my wife has recently...

Barra79
replies: 2 views: 75
Kyle P. Gushue 6 hours ago

Hi guys, This is really me just thinking out loud, there's a very real chance that I'm overthinking this. Starting a new...

Chris1234
replies: 11 views: 292
avare 7 hours ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 865 views: 327,207
Shadow House 8 hours ago

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking to build a couple gobos for my studio, and I have two of these...

SevenYearKitsch
replies: 0 views: 77
SevenYearKitsch 10 hours ago

HI guys, Would massssively appreciate any guidance on a new studio set-up - specifically regarding drums and acoustic...

joshay3000
replies: 4 views: 199
joshay3000 11 hours ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 21 views: 2,022
Kyle P. Gushue 13 hours ago

Hi there, I've just moved into an apartment and I am intending to do what work is necessary for me to be able to make music...

bongoben
replies: 3 views: 154
Starlight 18 hours ago

Wondering how y’all think this would do with a 4x10 bassman or similar combo? Pretty reasonably priced. Don’t need full...

saltyj
replies: 1 views: 130
Starlight 18 hours ago

Wassup, I wanted to ask for some help on acoustic treatment and speaker positions. My room is 22,9 feet long so about 7...

dazelbc
replies: 9 views: 365
dinococcus 19 hours ago

Greetings. I've been working on this mixing-mastering room for a year or two, and have just finished construction. It's on the...

n0nspaz
replies: 15 views: 425
jhbrandt 20 hours ago

I am building my first studio mixing room and need help with the overall design of it. I have a 15 foot by 11.5 foot space to...

Mdog0928
replies: 3 views: 144
thethrillfactor 23 hours ago

I didn't want to post another thread related to this problem since there are so many but I just can't find a solution to a...

Sonic Vitriol
replies: 19 views: 445
Sonic Vitriol 1 day ago

Hello all! Not sure if anyone has done this before but I created a sealed up wall with Mass Loaded Vinyl for one wall in a...

JamesB2229
replies: 0 views: 148
JamesB2229 1 day ago

Hi there - first post here. I'm going to be putting together a small studio w/ my partner for production/mixing, and have a...

87North
replies: 2 views: 178
87North 1 day ago

I know the title is a bit of an oxymoron but essentially, I want to liven up my dead recording space. It is actually a control...

camomiletea
replies: 10 views: 261
avare 1 day ago

Thinking of putting a room together consisting of Barefoot Monitors, SSL 2 Plus interface, and a large HD screen. The idea...

edbol
replies: 0 views: 123
edbol 1 day ago

Hi guys, I hope you're all well! Months ago, I spent many fruitless hours researching baffle box design. There were a few things...

Chris1234
replies: 9 views: 650
Chris1234 1 day ago

Hi all, Just wanted to share my journey with my studio build and would love to hear some feedback. If you are familiar with...

Richmusic504
replies: 3 views: 189
Richmusic504 2 days ago

I, with the help of contractors, am turning a 300 sq ft garage/shop into a teaching studio. I'd also like to do some recording in...

sixfour
replies: 1 views: 118
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I'm currently building some soffit style bass traps for all four corners of my studio. I'm building these traps out of 1x2 wood...

Drakaland
replies: 3 views: 292
Drakaland 2 days ago

Dear All, I have a 90% ready ht room, I did some measurements with REW, and realised that the RT60 value is 150 ms from...

Farkinca71
replies: 6 views: 267
Farkinca71 2 days ago

Hi guys, I am in need of a temporary solution. Goal: attenuate vocals enough so neighbours/people walking outside can’t...

lonvoc
replies: 3 views: 202
Starlight 2 days ago

Built two of these for a customer. Thought it turned out pretty cool!

Piranhadrum
replies: 2 views: 197
5.333V 2 days ago

Hi! I was just wondering where it might be the cheapest to get Knauf insulation near Orange County in 2020. The shipping costs...

Kiwiade
replies: 2 views: 298
ejanuska 3 days ago

I have a live room that I'm fairly happy with but for the frequencies in the mid range. I find that reverb tails are a little...

voodoo4u
replies: 8 views: 252
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hello, Anybody that can give feedback on these REW results? I Took measurements of L and R and L+R, using calibrated XREF20...

Filterlf
replies: 18 views: 530
thethrillfactor 3 days ago

I’m looking to build my own gobos and was wondering whether this type of rockwool would do a decent job...

jeebles
replies: 2 views: 263
jeebles 3 days ago

Hey guys! So I’ll be converting a garage into a studio soon. Would you leave the roof open like this, or make it a flat...

Karanda
replies: 8 views: 294
TomStevens 3 days ago

I haven't seen many designs here using the following, and am wondering if there's something fundamentally flawed with the...

kywoman
replies: 1 views: 191
TomStevens 3 days ago

Hey Slutz! I was planning on building a 12-16" thick bass trap using Owens Corning R-13. I've read on here from many...

Mcspanky37
replies: 2 views: 319
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Greetings, I’m building a studio in a room which has a window A/C unit in the front where the mixing desk will be. I plan to...

gtrmatic
replies: 1 views: 231
Starlight 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I have a series of questions regarding my new speakers and current room situation. I've got a pair of Adam...

aslutforgear
replies: 1 views: 205
Starlight 4 days ago

I want to record vocals-guitar amp-and hand percussion in a small closet. I also want to be able to block as much outside noise...

james01
replies: 1 views: 220
Starlight 4 days ago

Hey, my drum room is about is about 3.5m high with a suspended ceiling something like 70cm below. All walls are drywall, only...

PeerSoe
replies: 0 views: 177
PeerSoe 4 days ago

You hear people say that rockwool is safe but I just don't trust it. I don't want to be breathing any part of it regardless of...

Jonk
replies: 10 views: 356
bert stoltenborg 4 days ago

I have this other table next to my studio table which resonates at about 120 - 130 Hz. So I decided to try and screw on these...

antor
replies: 8 views: 481
Mordae 5 days ago

Hi - Couple Quick questions here, greatly appreciate your help. First question: Rather than installing 2 layers of 5/8”...

jml designs
replies: 8 views: 420
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hello everyone, I'm about to construct some "Space Couplers" and place them above the mixing position. Above the...

The Tenant
replies: 0 views: 158
The Tenant 5 days ago
replies: - views: -
zary786 5 days ago

I'm moving my working room to a new place. This new room is in such irregular shape, the REW result looks worse than my bedroom....

kuasalogam
replies: 4 views: 270
kuasalogam 5 days ago

Hi Could someone take a look at my Mdat please? Basically I think I have as much of the correct type of treatment as I can...

Container1
replies: 53 views: 2,487
Container1 5 days ago

Hey everyone. I've spent many hours learning about acoustics from this forum and others on the internet. My focus was mainly...

Obe1
replies: 7 views: 255
thethrillfactor 6 days ago

I am thinking of using sheepswool insulation for some bass traps because I like the idea of it being 100% safe to handle, how...

pencilextremist
replies: 1 views: 186
pencilextremist 6 days ago

Hey guys! I made a thread not too long ago when I moved into my new house, asking how to properly position and treat my space....

tee_horse
replies: 6 views: 332
tee_horse 6 days ago

Hey slutz, my monitors are on what I think is the correct wall for my temporary bedroom studio (novice mix engineer). However,...

Coconut_Head
replies: 1 views: 225
johannburkard 6 days ago

Hi, I recently got some HS7s and want to get them sounding good in my room. I have been reading many articles about speaker...

rupert12
replies: 4 views: 382
johannburkard 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search