The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 306,634
MPC_MAN 2 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 0 views: 892
Northward 2 weeks ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 293,179
HSLand 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 110,649
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 234,082
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi, Is it advisable to always install panels, be it diffusion or absorption flush to the wall or would a 3-4inch gap be ok? ...

D'Animation
replies: 2 views: 64
D'Animation 27 minutes ago

Hello, like many of you have bedroom studios, I have a bedroom workshop. Actually, it all comes down to my own designed and...

qwertysimo
replies: 10 views: 349
RyanC 1 hour ago

I live in South America (Colombia), so shipping from treatment providers like GIK might be prohibitively expensive. I'm waiting...

Gr8fulPickr
replies: 4 views: 172
Mark Alpine 3 hours ago

I made a little fort out of moving blankets to try to record in. I'm attaching a sample. It was a small area, a little under...

Dohreetoh
replies: 2 views: 335
Donnyten 3 hours ago

Hi, My name is Adulis and residing in sweden. I am building a small music studio and its being designed by Claes Olsson from Eora...

Shenen
replies: 3 views: 388
JayPee 6 hours ago

Hi I need a bit of experience from you guys: I have a 30sqm liveroom and a 2sqm vocalbooth. As I can open some windows in the...

the Lob
replies: 5 views: 230
the Lob 9 hours ago

I'm about to make some DIY acoustic panels using UltraTouch insulation and I need to decide whether to build 3.5" or...

dustcloud
replies: 18 views: 458
Jens Eklund 9 hours ago

I'm sitting here in class and it is so boring I wonder if those holes are acoustic treatment?

AlanWalk
replies: 4 views: 248
Bushman 20 hours ago

Hello! I am currently living in a dorm room (19sq meters) and have a large ladder bed (measurements around W150, L200, H160). I...

regndans
replies: 4 views: 313
regndans 1 day ago

Recently I decided to downsize from a dedicated studio to just using a part of my bedroom. Part of that decision was to go to...

Scott Whigham
replies: 0 views: 113
Scott Whigham 1 day ago

Hey everyone, So I have a room that is 12x11x7.5 that I'm looking to use for mixing. It's pretty close to being a square room,...

derrickhou
replies: 2 views: 254
Jens Eklund 1 day ago

Hey all- I recently acquired a Sonarworks XREF20 microphone for use with their Reference 4 corrective eq software, and noticed...

Tristana
replies: 23 views: 1,216
mattias78 1 day ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,463 views: 291,103
MarcelvT77 1 day ago

I've put 240x120cm cloud, thickness 200cm+200cm air gap Caruso Iso-Bond WLG45 between listening position and monitors. These...

szmola
replies: 0 views: 193
szmola 1 day ago

Hello, Longtime lurker first time poster. I've read through almost all the free resources/forum posts I could find but I...

colinloynachan
replies: 1 views: 192
imkmi 1 day ago

Hello, Sorry if this question has been asked a million times but I couldn't find info on this. I got the ECM8000 in today for...

Aaron Rash
replies: 74 views: 23,832
Apendica 2 days ago

Heya everyone, I just registered because I'm pretty lost in my case here. I have rebuilt/upgraded my studio and wanted to add a...

Steambuggy
replies: 5 views: 669
Aliminator123 2 days ago

I rent a condo from a very generous landlord who I don't think would have too much of a problem with acoustic panelling and such....

Altair
replies: 0 views: 150
Altair 2 days ago

Hey everyone, So as shown in the attached picture, I currently have a computer screen placed in between my monitors. I was...

derrickhou
replies: 2 views: 223
derrickhou 2 days ago

Hi guys, I'm definitely not new to the forums and I'm sure some of you may have seen my posts here a few times, but I'm no expert...

VenVile
replies: 21 views: 1,284
VenVile 2 days ago

Hello, Last year I started building a home theater. Since my budget is very small I've had to do with more basic and DIY stuff...

sintei
replies: 11 views: 707
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Over and over in countless threads all I read is that foam is useless, etc, etc... Then I get the pre-sale email from Gik...

jazzmik2000
replies: 21 views: 643
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hi folks, In my quest to find a way to make bass traps without skills I thought I could make a large panel out of this wooden...

PepeLuis
replies: 10 views: 447
PepeLuis 3 days ago

My listening position is in the sweet spot of a well treated room. All room corners are bass trapped floor to ceiling, first...

EastNashRocker
replies: 9 views: 775
RyanC 3 days ago

Hi, Just moved house (again) and setting up in an unusual space (as usual). This room's a bit complicated though - unsymmetrical...

alligatorlizard
replies: 7 views: 477
RyanC 3 days ago

I’m a recording artist from Bosnia (BiH in Europe) and I migrated all over the world after the genocide war that took place in...

Elvis P
replies: 5 views: 300
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hello, you guys. Hoping you're all doing well. I barely know about studio designers and I want to find someone specialized in...

Nitrouspizza
replies: 49 views: 4,108
Northward 3 days ago

I have a fairly small listening room, about 11x14ft. It's a home studio so not a lot of treatment. The floor is carpeted, and...

tallguyfilms
replies: 3 views: 322
JayPee 3 days ago

Hi everyone I carried out the acoustic treatment of my room to record the voices, in the past I had already shown you my room,...

grignacarbo
replies: 1 views: 245
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hi, I'm hoping someone with more electrical knowledge than me can help. My monitors are picking up an FM radio station from a...

DanielJC
replies: 2 views: 195
DanielJC 3 days ago

There - I said it. I feel better. I've been turning a disaster of a home project studio situation into something that is starting...

rparker
replies: 16 views: 1,024
Jens Eklund 3 days ago

I’m currently remodeling my studio, problem is (I know I’m gonna sound some-what dumb) I just realized how Acoustic Treatment...

Elvis P
replies: - views: -
Elvis P 4 days ago

Anyone know where I can get Roxul safe or Rockboard 60 in Or close to London Ontario? Tried the dealers in the area but need...

rickenbacker198
replies: 0 views: 155
rickenbacker198 4 days ago

Question per title really. I'm nearing the end of the design stage of my studio, I'm hoping the slab will be poured before...

Chris1234
replies: 10 views: 511
Chris1234 4 days ago

So Im in the middle of building stuff for my new room which I have another thread with pictures. I was just wondering... If...

mattias78
replies: 11 views: 538
mattias78 4 days ago

I would like to build a recording/production space. The room I have is L-shaped, and I am wondering what the best room layout...

prophet
replies: 0 views: 154
prophet 4 days ago

Hello everyone I've deafened whole room with Rockfon Industrial panels and now playing around with speakers and listening...

fedorM
replies: 6 views: 409
fedorM 4 days ago

hello i'm nixon i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm & powder...

datal4b
replies: 41 views: 1,999
datal4b 4 days ago

Hello everyone. Thank you for your time and your effort of reading this post I am in the middle of the planning process for...

lonelycaptain
replies: 6 views: 345
12ax7 5 days ago

What's the ideal reverb decay time (let's assume RT60) if you're setting up a dead voiceover space?

Dohreetoh
replies: 9 views: 556
Dohreetoh 5 days ago

Hey there! First time posting in GearSlutz. Just stumbled across the forum in some research on a new project I've started:...

wlukepierce
replies: 1 views: 298
avare 5 days ago

Hey guys, I want to build a vocal booth and have some questions about the acoustics as i have never delved into this...

ADIktive
replies: 2 views: 327
Donnyten 6 days ago

Hey Slutz! I’m rearranging things in my studio, and i’m thinking about moving my desk to the other side of the room. A little...

alexhirlinger
replies: 1 views: 350
Starlight 6 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm re-positionning my speakers in my room, as some work has been done in it. The room has some basic bass trapping...

Avgatzeblouz
replies: 3 views: 427
Avgatzeblouz 6 days ago

I'll be mixing a few projects at my place. For budget reasons, the client is not interested in renting a commercial studio. As...

Badaboom
replies: 1 views: 365
johannburkard 6 days ago

I have an opportunity to build a mixing/recording studio in a unheated, uninsulated warehouse type space. I'm thinking a...

mrand
replies: 8 views: 627
RyanC 6 days ago

Hello! Im putting together two 1.2m x 1.2m perforated panels out of 19mm thinck mdf and 120mm cavity with glasswool inside. im...

5.333V
replies: 0 views: 333
5.333V 6 days ago

Hi! James Wiltshire has a nice studio desk - as depicted in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct8kHZe4wPI Does...

Tunetiger
replies: 4 views: 486
Tunetiger 1 week ago

Just thought I'd float this idea out there for some feedback. I'm working on a single room design in an existing room with a 9'...

thechrisl
replies: 18 views: 1,101
RyanC 1 week ago

I did post this already in other discussions but i believe it does deserve a thread. Check this recent...

PaulRain
replies: 19 views: 1,387
dinococcus 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search