The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 229 views: 347,644
AmrH 1st July 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 11,133
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 323,313
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 118,022
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 266,072
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone, Just wanted to thank everyone for all of their knowledge that they've shared on these forums. We are using this...

djmogovan
replies: 3 views: 127
djmogovan 1 hour ago

Hi I ordered 12oz Hessian/Burlap for my DIY Sound Absorbing Cubes, but they sent me 10oz. I am going to try an experiment....

Lemon Squeezer
replies: 2 views: 99
avare 3 hours ago

Hello friends, I have recently conditioned a room in my house as a control room for mixing purpose with the following...

Mauroots
replies: 1 views: 132
johannburkard 7 hours ago

I have two rooms available, and a budget of around $5000 - $8000 to put towards acoustic treatments where I hope to achieve a...

deancain
replies: 3 views: 197

Hello everyone! To cut a long story short, I am currently set up in an untreated attic so the shape of the room is deep, short...

Roomy
replies: 1 views: 125

Hello please read the whole post - I have tried to include all and as much information as possible to make helping easier. room...

Anna_logue
replies: 27 views: 775
Grovestand 9 hours ago

My mix room is around 225 sq ft. and there is a bathroom an closet off to one side. This used to be a wood workshop and the...

Louderock
replies: 3 views: 165
Kyle P. Gushue 9 hours ago

Hi all I am measuring my basement as it sounds awful after lots of sound treatment, bass traps, diffusers, clouds, etc. I use...

almaelectronix
replies: 294 views: 33,358
almaelectronix 10 hours ago

Hope this is the right place to post this. My music room is a rather oddly shaped space (only space available in the house)....

Drizzt1975
replies: 1 views: 142
Jon Best 10 hours ago

Current plan is 24x60" table top, 30" height, legs are 1x2" metal. I will be angling the desk 6 degrees towards...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 117
Jon Best 11 hours ago

I may be missing something obvious, please let me know. I was just looking at my old Sony floor standers and thinking... hmm....

Grovestand
replies: 2 views: 101
Grovestand 12 hours ago

What is the best way to model the absorption of a super chunk? I've just framed out the front corners of my control room with...

logjamparty
replies: 17 views: 1,668
JayPee 12 hours ago

Hey gents, I wanted to run this by you and see what the regulars think of using cardboard boxes as enclosures for thick bass...

nms
replies: 52 views: 10,484
Grovestand 12 hours ago

I am close to having the two window panes installed between my control and live rooms. The wall assembly is dual separated...

thruhiker
replies: 7 views: 232
Kyle P. Gushue 13 hours ago

Hi, I'm trying to see what is the optimum GFR to use for superchuck bass trap I'm going to build for my space. The profile of...

jazztronaut
replies: 11 views: 233
avare 13 hours ago

Hello there... I got a (maybe dumb) doubt... I'm going to flushmount ATC SCM 110 monitors so I will have a main in wall system...

giuliosensi
replies: 0 views: 76
giuliosensi 14 hours ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 9 views: 433
tomwatson 18 hours ago

Hey, I'm setting up my mixing space in a smaller room (3.8m x 2.4m x 3m) and I was wondering if I should set up against the...

jacky teryaki
replies: 3 views: 159
explorer 19 hours ago

Hi there , so I will be treating a small studio space, wanted to get some ideas on the design, specifically the corner bass traps...

jazztronaut
replies: 7 views: 320
avare 21 hours ago

Hi! I am setting up a new control room with measurements 4.95 meter (16.3 feet) long, 3.67 (12 feet) meter wide and height 2.60...

ppaulsen
replies: 19 views: 1,491
Trimline 1 day ago

Hello everyone! As mentionned in the title, I am looking to sound treat my drum recording room. The room is 7.9' tall, 15'...

ayygurl
replies: 6 views: 272
gravyface 1 day ago

Finally finished building my vocal booth. Works amazingly. Tested it out today, thinking all I had left to do was decide how I'm...

TikkoRome
replies: 23 views: 742
GravesNumber9 1 day ago

I bought an SPL meter that is only dbA A weigthed i know this can not be used. So my question is can a iphone app be used?

nickalpha
replies: 20 views: 360
nickalpha 1 day ago

Hi colleagues, I wonder if anybody could help with getting the Rockwool Rockboard panels in Los Angeles? I called every dealer...

AlekZey
replies: 2 views: 236
AlekZey 2 days ago

Hey guys, i've finally moved into the new house, so after spending 2 years getting an outstanding sound from my old studio (300...

Jpastor
replies: 18 views: 884
djmogovan 2 days ago
replies: 0 views: 152
tonyespinoza 2 days ago

I'm currently working in a downstairs room in my house, which shares one wall with the neighbours. They swear they can barely...

MCorbet
replies: 0 views: 134
MCorbet 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I am moving with my studio and got the opportunity to choose from one of these rooms. If I am correct, the...

curry36
replies: 13 views: 348
Starlight 2 days ago

Moved into a new project studio space for producing and mixing a few days ago and have been setting it up. Room dimensions are 7'...

bqstudio
replies: 0 views: 135
bqstudio 3 days ago

So I'm considering and buying these moving blankets from amazon: shorturl.at/bhACN My room is pretty deadened to a certain...

rawisthemotto
replies: 4 views: 203
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

We’re moving to a new plAce on 3 acres and wanting to build a new space to mix and record music. The best part is I don’t...

Octopussy
replies: 2 views: 176
Octopussy 3 days ago

Hi audio friends, I'm redoing my control room and am building some rear wall diffusers. Here's my question: what purpose do...

BSAchop
replies: 5 views: 396
Shrdni 3 days ago

Would that roughly do what a diffusor does? It's a huge drywall, so the bass goes right through. :) Thanks.

Matteusz
replies: 15 views: 375
Matteusz 3 days ago

Hello! I'm thinking about building my own corner bass traps. The front side would be roughly 24 inches in width and have...

dramis
replies: 37 views: 8,470
sheggs 3 days ago

Hey, hope everyone is well. I'm involved in a project renovating a charity owned restaurant, and we're trying to determine the...

jeremycox
replies: 4 views: 153
Jon Best 3 days ago

Hi all, I thought it would be helpful to other people considering buying to show the construction of these Adictive Sound...

benferrari
replies: 12 views: 497
rookas 3 days ago

Hello, guys. It's been a long time since I visited this forum! I still have an untreated, control room, but it's livable and...

ejbragg
replies: 34 views: 786
ejbragg 3 days ago

Dear Gearslutz community, I have been working on the acoustic optimisation of my room for some time now and in this way i have...

schlorian
replies: 4 views: 261
schlorian 3 days ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 56 views: 2,955
Jag94 4 days ago

Hi. My question is simple. I intend to add some mass to my existing wall to insulate it a little more. An option to achieve...

gasare555
replies: 2 views: 173
gasare555 4 days ago

Hi, seeing parameters of the following products I would like you to ask you to help with their interpretation: Rockwool...

qwertysimo
replies: 5 views: 440
qwertysimo 4 days ago

I’ve always had my monitors behind my desk on stands, but I’m curious why monitors on the desk is not advised.. Is it due...

maxiedaniels
replies: 8 views: 384
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hi there, I need to somehow control temperature in my home studio. The room is pretty small (~10 m^2). On one hand I don't have...

ihavelostmykeys
replies: 3 views: 195
ihavelostmykeys 5 days ago

I moved into a new space about 6 months ago that afforded me with about 1800 sq feet of studio space (most of it a large live...

bkb911T
replies: 4 views: 268
EvilRoy 5 days ago

do I get the Spire 420xi or sound anchor ADJ2 for my HEDD type 30s? Right now I mix in my bedroom, its fairly well treated. I...

Came2rck
replies: 2 views: 313
Came2rck 5 days ago

Hello ya'll, I moved into a practically square room (12.3 x 12 x 8). It's all I have available in the new home, so relocating...

AllanD
replies: 9 views: 291
AllanD 5 days ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 27 views: 2,629
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Howdy all, Long time reader, first time poster. I am trying to use this time spent at home due to Covid-19 to improve the...

silvertone77
replies: 4 views: 472
IAMDJMAN 5 days ago

Hello! I could use some advice on what to do next to treat my room. Thank you very much to anyone who is so inclined. If you...

Grovestand
replies: 38 views: 1,425
Grovestand 5 days ago

Hey guys! I've been obsessing over my studio rebuild, build 6 bass traps around the front and side of my room and am building...

IAMDJMAN
replies: 15 views: 337
pencilextremist 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search