The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 358,208
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 14,960
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 337,167
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 123,236
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 271,543
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hey all, what is the best software (Mac-based) or methods to calibrate my Studio Monitors (Adam A7X) in a small untreated room?...

Lost_Cause
replies: 0 views: 12
Lost_Cause 30 minutes ago

After finishing my new studio I noticed alot of noise and buzzing in my recordings, so I hired an electrician and spend a few...

Chase Orion
replies: 5 views: 135
David Rick 44 minutes ago

Hi All. This is my first post so glad to be a part of what I have found to be some very helpful people in all the reading I have...

DadofMo
replies: 14 views: 191
MajorNoteStudio 1 hour ago

Hi all - I want to build two 4'X4'ceiling clouds, both frames 10" deep, however, the how-to videos that I come across all...

oldschoolish
replies: 70 views: 1,936
thethrillfactor 1 hour ago

Hey everybody, I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m steadily increasing my VO jobs, but I’m having the issue of my laptop fan...

Daledlf
replies: 10 views: 555
MajorNoteStudio 1 hour ago

Are these any good: Trying to control standing waves, flutter, mainly in high end. Looking to upgrade from foam. Are...

ThreeC
replies: 1 views: 52
Hot Sauce 1 hour ago

Hey all, I just finished the sheetrocking of my new studio space. My original intention for this room was multi-use:...

wheever
replies: 13 views: 303
wheever 3 hours ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 195 views: 75,740
Cameron Hamill 6 hours ago

Hi guys, long time lurker etc... with a probably very primitive question. I'm attempting (!) to soundproof my shed for...

hisrecordings
replies: 4 views: 269
Kyle P. Gushue 8 hours ago

Hi all, Without wishing to bore anyone/go into too much detail about my studio design, I have switched from planning a...

drunmersteve
replies: 22 views: 587
avare 9 hours ago

Hi! I'm building a studio at the bottom of my garden. The walls will be made from a double block (with cavity) and the roof will...

ged968
replies: 4 views: 198
ged968 10 hours ago

IR-761 is a great resource. With 350 walls test results it is daunting to determine trends and patterns in the results. The...

avare
replies: 11 views: 227
avare 11 hours ago

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 55 views: 3,308
Burstwurst 14 hours ago

I'm looking for the ideal acoustic material that will be both aesthetically pleasing and remove the small amount of flutter echo...

deancain
replies: 8 views: 289
akebrake 17 hours ago

Greetings! I'm renting in an ancient building and am setting up an all-purpose (at least initially) studio room. Use case is...

ryan7
replies: 2 views: 166
ryan7 1 day ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 90 views: 3,687
onshott1 1 day ago

Hi all - Although I need to do initial measurements via REW, I have my basic wall & ceiling treatment design which I've...

oldschoolish
replies: 0 views: 100
oldschoolish 1 day ago

Dear forum members, Attached a REW package and waterfall, spectogram and GD image of my current 'best' treatment response in my...

TomSleebus
replies: 10 views: 414
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

Dear community, I want to make this thread as straightforward as possible, but it is tough to keep things short when introducing...

herrturtur
replies: 22 views: 565

Greetings, first post here but have been absorbing the information shared on GS for quite some time. As the title says I'm...

Tim Shelton
replies: 7 views: 348

Hi all - My small room is now built, not yet treated, and I'll be embarking on REW measurements soon. I have an initial...

oldschoolish
replies: 6 views: 160
Hot Sauce 1 day ago

I am doing some audio video in my small office which measures 9ft x 10ft x 9ft (high ceiling). The space is kind of awkward with...

LSct
replies: 16 views: 184
rosewood123 1 day ago

Hey guys. My wife and I bought a house this week. It comes with a room that I am very excited about for a combo project studio...

Adam Peter Shinn
replies: 2 views: 149
gullfo 1 day ago

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for this awesome community! Love what I've learned from these forums and want to give you all a...

arthurg
replies: 10 views: 260
Hot Sauce 1 day ago

Don't laugh. The room where I'd like to mix is very small (see attached, 82"x97" with 100" ceiling). Also bad:...

pemberley
replies: 13 views: 315
bambamboom 1 day ago

So, I have a bunch of Vicoustic Wavewood diffuser panels laying around. They are made of 5-6cm thick polystyrene with a thin...

S4dp
replies: 2 views: 141

Hi All, Am designing ideas for a studio desk. desk is used for both production and mixing mostly electronic music. Am trying...

Thales
replies: 2 views: 194
Thales 1 day ago

Mitch Barnett of Accurate Sound tells us about his journey to become a leading expert in Digital Sound Processing (DSP). Accurate...

jtwrace
replies: 0 views: 94
jtwrace 1 day ago

I've been using headphones until now, but have arranged a demo of a small pair of monitors which will probably arrive next...

deejayen
replies: 12 views: 342
deejayen 1 day ago

Hello, How do you measure the distance between monitors and the front and side walls? Am I being really stupid here or...

JimothyDalton
replies: 2 views: 174
TomSleebus 1 day ago

Insulation Batts with a density of less than 10 kg/m3 (0.62 lb/ft3) (with Rayls/m and Sound Absorption Coefficients - if...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 7 views: 199
Cameron Hamill 2 days ago

Hello everyone! I have some questions regarding a "multi-layer absorber" which I calculated with this program:...

Boohna
replies: 97 views: 5,211
Cameron Hamill 2 days ago

Hi everyone. First time doing this. Tried to avoid traffic coming past my window so don't know if that has influenced the...

afroblue
replies: 35 views: 824
JayPee 2 days ago

Sometimes someone can make a suggestion and it can really turn things around (literally). This morning someone suggested I...

MajorNoteStudio
replies: 7 views: 246
MajorNoteStudio 2 days ago

I'm building out a 2 room 800sq studio space in the basement of a commercial building (built in 1970s but is now our church...

bluegrassmower
replies: 6 views: 333
gullfo 2 days ago

Hi, Currently working on converting a basement to a studio. Budget is limited and we do not have any noise complaint...

tenkas
replies: 19 views: 526
tenkas 2 days ago

Hi all, I’m coming to the end (hopefully) of the planning stages of my garden music / drum room and am agonising over the...

adybatt
replies: 5 views: 276
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hi, all, Just getting into recording at home, have been a mediocre guitarist for a while, now branching out a bit since I'm...

scheissami
replies: 2 views: 273
joshrosen 2 days ago

Hey guys, So ive recently made the purchase of a portable vocal booth and ive been covering all edges with regards to the...

KRebz
replies: 5 views: 221
Hot Sauce 3 days ago

Does anyone have any experience with Fiberglass or ECOSE absorption material? I purchased the Primacoustic London kit 12 that I...

kasami08
replies: 33 views: 870
nat8808 3 days ago

Hi there, I am a composer/sound designer for video games and I'm at the point where I got my own place (an apartment) and I need...

cosminMIRZA
replies: 4 views: 168
avare 3 days ago

Hi everyone, At the moment i'm looking forward to starting to build my small home studio. We recently bought a house and...

thomasloyens
replies: 3 views: 253
thomasloyens 3 days ago

I'm wondering if there is a sound meter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that measures sound levels accurately down to 25db to...

siniarch
replies: 7 views: 242
bert stoltenborg 3 days ago

Hey all! I purchased a pair of focal shape twins about two months ago and overall, I have been very happy with their performance;...

alexhirlinger
replies: 0 views: 123
alexhirlinger 3 days ago

So I was online looking around at a few things and came across a video for the Acoustic Fields kits. In the video they show how...

noah330
replies: 48 views: 5,243
avare 3 days ago

Dear all, I'm playing with the idea of getting a couple of those IKEA bookshelves, put rockwool behind them and just fill them...

Outlaw Hans
replies: 23 views: 764
Jantrit 3 days ago

Hello here, I just moved to a new place and so i have to setup everything again from the ground. I currently have this room...

jacob555
replies: 7 views: 191
adrumdrum 4 days ago

Hello everyone. Some time ago I lost my studio to a flood. Since then, I have been renting an apartment. In one room I decided to...

Gawel
replies: 8 views: 312
Hot Sauce 4 days ago

Hi guys, need a little bit of pointing the right direction regarding my ongoing room treatment project. I have recently been...

Seangoodman
replies: 32 views: 864
Seangoodman 4 days ago

I've got an upright piano in a small home studio, and I'd like to be able to have a permanent mic placement setup that I can...

dboom
replies: 1 views: 201
johnjacobniles 4 days ago

Moderators