The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 77 views: 242,844
WillijU 13th January 2018

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 248,378
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 196,630
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 92,432
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hi everyone. My very first post here! So I'm (re)building a recording studio, where 30m2 is going to serve as a live space. My...

obihope
replies: 6 views: 954
SeanRyder 1 hour ago

I'm am moving into a new space for recording and am looking for suggestions. See the attached files for a layout. And other files...

ducksalot
replies: 1 views: 219
ducksalot 1 hour ago

Lets say I have used broadband absorption in my room but I still have a few axial modes @ 120hz, 114hz, 90hz, 80hz, 62hz that I...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 13 views: 276
DanDan 2 hours ago

When playing around with this calculator I can choose between "normal" and "random" incidence. From what I...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 1 views: 136
Jens Eklund 9 hours ago

Hey guys, I recently moved into a new apartment. In this new apartment there is a small nook that seems perfect for mixing and...

newStudioGuy
replies: 5 views: 349
homestudioguy 14 hours ago

So we're about to add an audio bay to our current post facility. I've been given a choice of two room (neither particularly...

analog orange
replies: 4 views: 236
Jason Foi 17 hours ago

Hi, I want to crack on with building some traps and absorbers, but I don't want to go flying off in the wrong direction before...

Quetz
replies: 12 views: 373
Quetz 18 hours ago

Hi folks i've just setup a new studio control room,i have quite a lot of bass traps one in each corner,low high etc,2 super chunk...

paweaz
replies: 11 views: 271
paweaz 19 hours ago

Hi, This is bugging me for some time now, and i know it might be impossible to achieve, but would a mastering room without any...

scalawag
replies: 3 views: 181
Ruairi 20 hours ago

Hi, I just moved into a guest house to avoid dealing with noise complaints in the future and would really like some advice on...

Zaaaak
replies: 0 views: 160
Zaaaak 21 hours ago

One my projects for this year is to make listening to music in my living room more enjoyable. The room is a 16 m² room (4,08 m...

johannburkard
replies: 0 views: 182
johannburkard 22 hours ago

Hello, I’m beginning to build a budget studio in a stick frame building with wooden floor joists and subfloor. I know...

Zakriles
replies: 11 views: 399
WorldPowerLabs 1 day ago

are there more directional subwoofers than others? maxing out my room. got it dope now.. ATC 110 active, subwoofers to...

Jonney
replies: 20 views: 482
RyanC 1 day ago

I currently Produce In my Bedroom. Room Dimensions 17×11×8.8 (L×W×H) With a volume of 1,645.6. My Speakers:Yamaha...

Joezerony
replies: 0 views: 165
Joezerony 1 day ago

Hello my dear GS'ers I just started my music production/DJ passion more seriously a couple of months ago, I'm really in the...

FilibMusic
replies: 4 views: 268
Unclenny 1 day ago

Hi, most of the time i spend here @ gearslutz i`m a silent reader, but now i would like to ask you for helping me, fixing some...

BitShift
replies: 26 views: 10,552
DanDan 1 day ago

I have a small room where I mix. First reflection points are treated (side walls, ceiling), and in three corners there are bass...

MirekCoutigny
replies: 3 views: 260
sheggs 1 day ago

I've been reading through the sticky and coming up with some good ideas... I'm going to be using a lot of rigid fiberglass...

busystarter
replies: 5 views: 283
Jason Foi 1 day ago

So I got some new monitors to mix on. Just setting them up in my room pushing and pulling them around to get the best LBIR SBIR...

Carl Freeland
replies: 20 views: 571
Carl Freeland 1 day ago

I did this test with REW and used Dirac as sound output in preferences. I first tried without filter activated and then with it....

rullskidan
replies: 0 views: 204
rullskidan 1 day ago

I am wondering out loud here about at what point does a membrane, such as pegboard, hardboard, MDF etc, become a barrier to...

Temple of Light
replies: 1 views: 235
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Backstory: I live in Florida, where it’s pretty much hot all year-round. I live in a house with the homeowner, who keeps the...

tkaitkai
replies: 4 views: 308
Schoeller 1 day ago

Hi Folks, So I'm in a new rented house and trying to figure out where is best to place my speakers for the least bass issue with...

kayd
replies: 5 views: 284
kayd 1 day ago

I just finished building 12 panels (6x2" & 6x4")... Regarding Placement of the bass traps in corner. Is it fine...

jazzmik2000
replies: 2 views: 224
DanDan 1 day ago

Im in the market for soundfoam... We have two 8" studio monitors on stands and their backs are up against a wall. Here's the...

busystarter
replies: 31 views: 710
busystarter 1 day ago

Hey Guys I've hot a live/recording room 9mx3,5mx2.30 . No treatment at the moment. Walls are gypsum board and floor is...

diaolosh
replies: 8 views: 415
contramark 1 day ago

Hey All, I live in a newly built FEMA compliant raised house by the beach. The ground floor of the house has an entranceway...

cable
replies: 5 views: 382
insulationsyd 2 days ago

Hello, I am planning a new room and want to flush mount the first time. I still planned a few rooms with the LEDE principle and...

knightonabicycle
replies: 55 views: 5,741
joseph 2 days ago

So I've got one tech thats telling me I need a 9,000 BTU Mitsubishi mini split, and another telling me to go with a 12,000 BTU...

logjamparty
replies: 0 views: 206
logjamparty 2 days ago

Hi guys, I have taken over a studio space which I´m running with a friend at the moment. We have a small recording room,...

Gertius
replies: 2 views: 358
DanDan 2 days ago

Hey everyone. I just found spare carpet scraps and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to put them to good use. I...

Uneek Elements
replies: 2 views: 245
Glenn Kuras 2 days ago

Hi, This is my first post, so thank you for letting me be a part of this forum. I have a question about room size. I have...

globochem
replies: 0 views: 216
globochem 2 days ago

A pipe was leaking above my room, so I had to move everything out for repairs. I have an opportunity to revise my setup,...

satisfaction2009
replies: 4 views: 270
DanDan 3 days ago

After checking endless chairs to replace my old cheap no-name, I decided on an Herman Miller Aeron Remastered. However I...

system100m
replies: 2 views: 452
Swing 3 days ago

Hello to all of you.. could you guys give me a quick recommendation on room choice? I'll be using it to record and mix...

Impervious
replies: 8 views: 305
Impervious 3 days ago

Hi, I am looking to get a pair of Q7D diffusers to compliment the rest of my room and have a top price of around £300/ 350 Euro...

PRIME8PRODUCTIONS
replies: 0 views: 224
PRIME8PRODUCTIONS 3 days ago

Hey there, Facebook flooding with some adverts of Acoustic Panels Store. Friendly prices and nice pics, but no measurement...

Sonic_X
replies: 21 views: 4,351
reid 3 days ago

Hello, I am new to this community and I have a somewhat interesting question. I couldn’t find any information about this...

Neufneuf9
replies: 31 views: 899
akebrake 3 days ago

Hello! After many inspirational threads here I decided to go public too. The more thoughts the merrier. ;) Long story short:...

pfg
replies: 213 views: 11,709
DanDan 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I just moved into a new apartment and I am looking for some advice acoustic treatment, best placement, etc....

Silentcent632
replies: 2 views: 284
Silentcent632 4 days ago

There are lots of posts about speaker placement I know but they are usually talked about in relation to other things in a room...

Carl Freeland
replies: 5 views: 474
Carl Freeland 4 days ago

Hello everyone at Gearslutz! I am building my own little studio with some friends so I thought to get some advice from the...

yh2514
replies: 0 views: 211
yh2514 4 days ago

Timber is expensive where I live and I was thinking of using steel studs for my false ceiling treatment where I plan to use a...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 34 views: 781
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Sorry if this is a silly Q. I have a couple of 16U Samson racks for my 19'' gear which are ~35'' high, and I'd like to place my...

NeilC
replies: 1 views: 236
Deep Water Music 4 days ago

I am building a 2 room studio. Currently, the live room is 18'x13' with sloping 8'6" to 11' peak. The double walls are...

milessound
replies: 2 views: 666
Snoggin 4 days ago

Hi there, I'm building acoustic panels for achieving a reflection free zone in my listening room. I'm using 4,5 cm (about 1,7...

jazzzpor
replies: 3 views: 375
ZodiacPro 4 days ago

Hello, I am looking for floor stands for my monitors (Klein + Hummel O98). The speakers weigh 12 kg (26.5 lbs) each. I put...

ilovemusic
replies: 7 views: 341
Jason Foi 5 days ago

Hi guys, I have an interesting situation. I built my live recording room in an old garage. The garage has a concrete block...

Citadela
replies: 9 views: 358
DanDan 5 days ago

Hi, didn't get much information about this topic so decided to open this thread. I'm designing a desk for my studio (diagram...

Tonato17
replies: 1 views: 255
Tonato17 5 days ago

Hey guys, I'm just looking for some feedback before I begin putting this room together and would greatly appreciate any...

Jonkr
replies: 8 views: 670
Jonkr 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search