The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Views: 799
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 229 views: 345,346
AmrH 5 days ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 10,347
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 320,804
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 117,115
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 264,977
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi there, i'm working on my control room at the moment and after some research i'm thinking i may have a problem with a...

bmaughan
replies: 1 views: 46
thethrillfactor 1 hour ago

Hello! I could use some advice on what to do next to treat my room. Thank you very much to anyone who is so inclined. If...

Grovestand
replies: 0 views: 59
Grovestand 4 hours ago

Hello so unfortunately I have a small vocal room that's just the bedroom that I can't really do much with. I do have Broadband...

skiroy
replies: 9 views: 734
Adhoc 5 hours ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 873 views: 330,933
nkrypth 6 hours ago

I was using the Master Handbook of Acoustics to investigate RT60 times. For a small home studio (say 8x12x15 ft = 1440 ft3 )...

devnull
replies: 0 views: 64
devnull 8 hours ago

I'm looking for speaker stands that can properly lock position (not one of those pin stands that freely rotate), and raise/lower...

maxiedaniels
replies: 0 views: 65
maxiedaniels 8 hours ago

Halo all, I had my room build a long time ago with Rockwool 80kg/m3 for superchunk and panels. I have been reading and...

dansantoso
replies: 26 views: 532
thethrillfactor 9 hours ago

I am building my first studio mixing room and need help with the overall design of it. I have a 15 foot by 11.5 foot space to...

Mdog0928
replies: 5 views: 300
thethrillfactor 10 hours ago

Dear reader, Firstly I really appreciate your time! I found these old bed frames in the attic and as a non-expert in the field...

BarryLimestone
replies: 18 views: 497
mikegentry 11 hours ago

Hi guys, Without getting into why rockwool/fibreglass may be completely safe or not, price not being the primary concern, what...

lonvoc
replies: 13 views: 393
spirit 11 hours ago

Hi all - I've been using my untreated spare bedroom as a small music room. I've always been planning to do a little treatment...

mungu
replies: 11 views: 266
mungu 13 hours ago

Hi everyone. I'm going to be mounting a pair of JBL LSR308 studio monitors/speakers on the wall. My walls are 1/2" drywall...

The Mule
replies: 0 views: 99
The Mule 18 hours ago

I think there are some kids living right underneath my room/studio in an apartment. I hear quite a lot of low & mid...

yodriges123
replies: 4 views: 313
Skol303 18 hours ago

Hey guys, wanted to ask your opinion - Which is better? Hard fiberglass boards or rockwool boards? Which of the two provides the...

Aaron Balakay
replies: 0 views: 66
Aaron Balakay 20 hours ago

Hi, few months after discusstion in my thread Soundproofing an apartment workshop I got a chance to rent a more suitable space...

qwertysimo
replies: 1 views: 238
Starlight 23 hours ago

Hello everyone! I’m posting this to the “Studio Building/Acoustics forum. It may be better suited posting it somewhere...

GOStudioNC
replies: 20 views: 268
Bushman 1 day ago

Been looking to make some absorption panels for some time now, found two materials to use - Roxul Rockboard 60, (costing me about...

AnxietySwitch
replies: 19 views: 49,819
rufuscello 1 day ago

Hey guys, I think I might know the answer to this already but figured this would be the best place to go for answers. Awhile...

LayerTX
replies: 22 views: 1,799
rufuscello 1 day ago

I'm converting an (upper) back house room into a small production/mix room, which is currently down to the studs. There is a half...

maxiedaniels
replies: 2 views: 128
maxiedaniels 1 day ago

and wondering what the best mics would be? Do I record each man? Or just a spaced pair? Or Decca Tree in front of the men? I want...

logjamparty
replies: 3 views: 253
avare 1 day ago

I had three 48"x96" panels milled, and four 24"x48" panels milled. Due to a miscommunication, and me failing...

logjamparty
replies: 0 views: 136
logjamparty 1 day ago

Hi, I have a control room with Genelec 1037c and I have run room eq and want to know if my results are good or not. I appreciate...

Shenen
replies: 26 views: 711
Shenen 1 day ago

I was closed to buying a few mic stands to throw a few moving blankets as a T shape to make gobos to record vocals. I just...

etrella
replies: 4 views: 171
etrella 2 days ago

Hey i was reading a thread from some time back and Boggy was describing part a room response issue as "Non-Resonant...

Kyle P. Gushue
replies: 8 views: 193
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hi all, let me start with a little introduction about myself. I feel, I am not novice in the music industry or sound, I have as...

TOM-Thak
replies: 5 views: 1,042
Ibra 2 days ago

So I have built a VO booth by making 4 walls and a roof that slot together. Each wall is made from a timber frame with rockwool...

Brucejames
replies: 2 views: 232
Brucejames 2 days ago

Hi, I'm currently in the middle of building a basic vocal booth and am wondering what people do with the floor? I'm...

dickiefunk
replies: 24 views: 12,698
Brucejames 2 days ago

Hey... Sorry for this silly question. What is the ideal angle for an ideal stereotriangle? Should the speakers be angled...

Okatvius
replies: 4 views: 240
Okatvius 2 days ago

How completely supress computer chassis noise? The venue is small room with little furniture. Hence it has a lot of reflections....

yrdlofff
replies: 2 views: 178
edva 3 days ago

Hey guys, Man, I used to be a regular here YEARS ago. Much of what I've learned I attribute to y'all. Looking for some...

wesarvin
replies: 5 views: 330
avare 3 days ago

Hi! I'm looking for an easy and affordable acoustic treatment solution that can make my little corner home studio sound better...

TerrenceT
replies: 9 views: 300
johannburkard 3 days ago

I've recently moved into a new room that will function as a rehearsal, recording and mixing room. I've attached a sketch I drew...

3DayOldMistyMeat
replies: 2 views: 162
thethrillfactor 3 days ago

I'm building a studio in what was formerly a garage space and working on soundproofing. The exterior wall has cedar plank on the...

ScottyMay
replies: 1 views: 189
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Anybody mount JBL LSR308s on the wall? I need to get these guys up off my desk. I was using them as my main monitors, but now I...

The Mule
replies: 0 views: 121
The Mule 3 days ago

Hi, long story short: I got hired to an acoustics company and part of my job would be suggesting/packaging live and studio...

tehuku
replies: 4 views: 243
jerry123 3 days ago

do the wells in a QRD diffuser have to be airtight? I am currently making one and there is a very slight gap at the back, when I...

pencilextremist
replies: 1 views: 176
avare 3 days ago

Looking to build a custom desk for my home studio. Let me know if anyone has referrals to designers/builders in the NYC...

jondom22
replies: 0 views: 121
jondom22 3 days ago

Hi Guys. MDAT file and PHOTOS at the end. Everything I do sounds boomy and scooped outside of my room but in my room it...

Mahdes
replies: 13 views: 313
akebrake 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I can't decide which one would be better for first reflection absorbtion, flying over the mix position on the...

CemA
replies: 3 views: 366
radxge 4 days ago

Hello fellow Gearslutz! About three years ago I lost my private studio to a broken water line. The studio was built by the...

Rohwer
replies: 12 views: 334
Rohwer 4 days ago

Hi Guys, I'm in the process of building a mix room in my house. Of course this limits me to the sizes and building constraints...

jamesblond
replies: 17 views: 828
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

Hi folks. My home studio here in the UK is all powered through recently-purchased Bestek surge protectors. Unfortunately, despite...

pmbmcg
replies: 2 views: 182
Speedskater 4 days ago

Hi Currently I’m using presonus e5 in a 3m by 2m room.the room is semi treated I have acoustic panels on the wall to reduce...

[email protected]
replies: 1 views: 166
NeveousWreck 4 days ago

I've read that an NRC of 1.0 at a frequency means the material absorbs 100% of the sound at that frequency. I was skeptical and...

In Nashville
replies: 4 views: 265
Unclenny 4 days ago

The title of this thread refers to me, but please, read on... I'm a drummer, after all (aka village idiot). I've read...

JMillz.Perc
replies: 70 views: 549
elegentdrum 5 days ago

Any advice to these baffles before I add the final layer of insulation and screw them closed? I’m cutting the 6” ducts on...

jml designs
replies: 73 views: 5,760
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hey... Sorry for this silly question. What is the ideal angle for an ideal stereotriangle? Should the speakers be angled...

Okatvius
replies: 0 views: 125
Okatvius 5 days ago

Can anyone link me to any kind of studio desk building plans/measurements? I'm pretty much ITB but have a couple of rack bits...

eyezenears
replies: 19 views: 9,659
Studioboy 5 days ago

Im needing Something easy to take up and take down. Ive checked out Audimute, Ebay, and Markertek. Ive looked into moving...

gemini8026
replies: 70 views: 49,138
ScooterVO 5 days ago

I'm building a bunch of absorption panels and I'm starting to think about the different ways to mount them to the walls. These...

Drakaland
replies: 2 views: 221
tfbattag 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search