The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 355,742
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 13,970
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 334,026
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 122,061
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 270,337
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hey everyone, I have a 3.3m x 4.3m x 2.3m room (W/L/H) which also has a partially slanted ceiling. So in total it's a 14 m2 or...

childintime
replies: 18 views: 489
avare 28 minutes ago

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 30 views: 1,558
Burstwurst 2 hours ago

Hi all, Firstly, great website! Loads of info - very useful! I have done some digging up on this website and didnt seem to...

soundmixnewbie12
replies: 0 views: 49
soundmixnewbie12 5 hours ago

I'm about to buy SnS and want to know how much to get! I've seen many threads where people go with single 3" panels for...

granto
replies: 44 views: 1,144
granto 5 hours ago

Hey, here’s my predicament- I’ve studied up on sound and room treatment, not isolation. I’ve paid contractors $13k (which...

Granz
replies: 2 views: 111
Jens Eklund 7 hours ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 116 views: 5,613
siniarch 8 hours ago

Dear forum, My basement contains a raw concrete room which is approximately 508cm x 420cm (16'8" x 13'9") and with a...

jonlanghoff
replies: 5 views: 153
gullfo 11 hours ago

I am trying to set up a semi analog home studio in my basement. My plan is to use a mixer with usb like the tascam model 12 and...

r2m0w
replies: 0 views: 67
r2m0w 14 hours ago

Hello, I have just installed Soundboard 4 (https://www.soundproofingstore.co.uk/soundboard-4) on the party wall of our...

boarder
replies: 11 views: 265
avare 14 hours ago

Hello all, first post here. I felt it's the right forum to ask, as I found many posts mentioning Sylomer use for studio...

bleep_bleep
replies: 24 views: 2,208
Kyle P. Gushue 14 hours ago

I've built some acoustic panels (rockwool, 12cm / 4.7 inches deep) and I'm experimenting with placement. I'm in a room with a...

apan
replies: 1 views: 163
johannburkard 16 hours ago

Currently designing the window between my control room and live space. I would like the best isolation possible between the...

theriotwithin
replies: 32 views: 10,754
gullfo 20 hours ago

Hey guys this is my second go around at building some traps. A quick question that came to my mind that I have been unable to...

cashhigh
replies: 6 views: 160
cashhigh 1 day ago

Construction officially ends today! I'm posting both as an act of celebration and to solicit some advice. I've treated a...

steveschizoid
replies: 17 views: 796
steveschizoid 1 day ago

I'm currently using the iD22 as my audio interface, but I reference with 3 different pairs of headphones while mixing. The iD22...

Bingy
replies: 2 views: 117
Bingy 1 day ago

Can I clear coat the wood used to build a Desk? How can I make better sound from wood? Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 0 views: 102
newb 1 day ago

Hi!! I would like to know Maximum Desk Size and Distance from Walls for a 10' by 10' Room Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 0 views: 94
newb 1 day ago

Hey All - I'm new to the forums and am prepping to do my first acoustic treatment for my at home music production studio. I've...

eslegh
replies: 4 views: 159
eslegh 1 day ago

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME ON THIS THREAD, READ THIS. This thread is dedicated to people who have read Rod Gervias' book, Home...

naethoven
replies: 361 views: 84,703
chag0101 1 day ago

Hello everyone. I'm building a new space to be used both for my primary job (editing video) and as much music as time will allow....

jasonlmann
replies: 5 views: 375
jasonlmann 1 day ago

I'm reading about acoustics a lot lately, as far as I understand diffuser reflect the sound. My questions is, why just not put...

hag01
replies: 5 views: 200
dinococcus 2 days ago

Hello, GIK acoustics: 8-10 week delivery time So that leads me to build my own panels... but: Guilford of Maine: 4 week...

gearstudent
replies: 1 views: 177
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hi all, I am making preparations for a new space Room size L: 3.38m W: 3.04m H: 2.6m No weird corners in the...

xenozeno
replies: 48 views: 2,220
akebrake 2 days ago

Hello! I have an impact noise attenuation question. If I build a room within a room on a floating floor using a Mason spring...

chag0101
replies: 62 views: 1,815
chag0101 2 days ago

Has anyone ever bought a Doepfer LMK keyboard without the case and mounted it into their own custom desk build? This is exactly...

etudes
replies: 4 views: 354
fgraha1 3 days ago

Hi, I want to build a live booth and vocal booth in one to save space. Obviously the bigger the live booth the more live...

Iron Octopus
replies: 4 views: 245
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hello all! :) I am a singer and have recently decided to start properly recording songs that I have been writing to start...

jmusic95
replies: 17 views: 460
Bushman 3 days ago

Hello all I have small room, and did some acoustic treatment, 4.9 meters in lenght 3 meters wide, and 1.97 meters...

gedna
replies: 8 views: 367
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hey guys, I am planning to acoustically treat an elliptical shaped room. I would like to know your opinion because the...

producerxtr
replies: 18 views: 314
avare 3 days ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post and first attempt to become serious with my stereo setup. I recently purchased a pair of Omega...

doraymon
replies: 24 views: 514
doraymon 4 days ago

There's a lot of talk about the importance of dealing with room modes in for mixing, and how rectangular rooms are better...

matt2000
replies: 7 views: 240
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

My studio/music room is such an odd room. Its aprox 11 feet by 11 feet and has this divider, I asume for a closset. I have been...

Alex_Blade
replies: 3 views: 177

Hi people, I would like some help on what room to pick for my first home studio. I have two options: Room 1: rectangular...

madison.p
replies: 11 views: 478
nat8808 4 days ago

Hey guys ! After years of just reading Gearslutz, I'm finally posting ! Where do I begin ? Well, I've made 12 custom...

Larsen_rmg
replies: 1 views: 158

Hey there, really hoping someone can lend a hand reading some REW results. I'm setting up a new studio space in a small...

effekt01
replies: 8 views: 313
effekt01 4 days ago

I'm getting a lot of condensation between a window plug and the interior facing side of an exterior window. It's a 100 year old...

signalpudding
replies: 2 views: 159
signalpudding 4 days ago

I would be grateful for any input on the best way to soundproof a noisy flue pipe that runs vertically through a corner of my...

brooklynny
replies: 1 views: 132
gullfo 4 days ago

Im currently in the process of setting up my basement for my son and myself. I recently purchased a behringer ecm8000 for dirt...

LEXXX RUGER
replies: 68 views: 1,741
LEXXX RUGER 4 days ago

Hey guys, How can I calculate room modes for a cylindrical shaped room? it would be great if I can visualize the sound waves in...

producerxtr
replies: 5 views: 221
producerxtr 4 days ago

hi slutz, There are a few tube trap threads, thought I'd see what everyone thinks bout some other methods of DIYing...

Burgertime
replies: 7 views: 854
Burgertime 5 days ago

Hey folks, I'm planning to build some bass traps with a rockwool sonorock insulation. My question is: before covering them...

MikaAlva
replies: 4 views: 267
xenozeno 5 days ago

Hi all! Been wanting a new studio desk so got a wild hair today and decided to build one. It will be a 30u rack Mastering...

SDB_12
replies: 4 views: 277
SDB_12 5 days ago

Hello Everyone, It's been awhile that I said I would post my room progress, almost a year lol, life sometimes. I did my own DIY...

Mr.vybz
replies: 15 views: 1,100
Mr.vybz 5 days ago

My studio is in a detached garage and has always had the usual mysterious noise coming from the air and/or the electrical. I had...

wadesey
replies: 44 views: 613
wadesey 5 days ago

Guys I need an answer pretty quick to this question. In the middle of getting door and window trim installed in my studio build....

jeremyhorn
replies: 3 views: 198
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hi everyone, Firstly, this is my first time posting and wanted to say thank you to everyone on these forums for the huge...

JDover
replies: 5 views: 235
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hello, I recently started to further improve my acoustics and also wanted to measure how things are in my room to see what...

alpharecords
replies: 5 views: 320
pasim123 5 days ago

Greetings - I have a second-floor office/bedroom that I also use as a jam space for my guitar/groovebox/synth. We're planning...

m_b_b
replies: 2 views: 195
m_b_b 5 days ago

Hi, I'm building a control/mix-room and would love some feedback from you guys! It's a floating room with air gaps between...

JamesFairfax
replies: 0 views: 202
JamesFairfax 5 days ago

I have Focal Aplha 65 monitors. I (Will) have a 27mm solid oak desk anchored to the wall. 75cm deep 2.4m wide. I’m only a...

Samion
replies: 3 views: 236
Samion 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search