The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Announcement: Black Friday/Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 615
Views: 615
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is with a heavy heart that I received the news this morning that Francis Manzella of FM Designs passed away...

Northward
replies: 10 views: 2,199
Wes Lachot 21st September 2020

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 352,826
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 13,073
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 330,443
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 120,688
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 268,923
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I'm 'thinking' of building a new studio some time next year with a friend. Just wondering what the consensus is in 2020 for bass...

Moondog007
replies: 4 views: 64
thethrillfactor 38 minutes ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 79 views: 2,686
onshott1 2 hours ago

Ok, I might sound dumb, but I have to make a try. I assume there's no one out there explaining how a bass trap is made out of...

Julian_
replies: 0 views: 65
Julian_ 2 hours ago

I am posting primarily to ask others experience before I build. I am thinking of building a DAWBOX style drums/horns/vocals booth...

Roman
replies: 0 views: 65
Roman 4 hours ago

hey all, a couple of months back, i ran across a site advertising DIY sound dampening baffle kits. they even posted a demo on...

dave007
replies: 0 views: 54
dave007 4 hours ago

Wanting to build some early reflection acoustic panels using Knauf rigid insulation. The guy at the store ask if I wanted foil...

OLDNOOB
replies: 605 views: 11,092
avare 4 hours ago

Hello everybody, I'll show you an illustration why I recommend A BIG Monitoring Loudspeakers even for small Control...

boggy
replies: 29 views: 11,571
dfghdhr 5 hours ago

Hi! I'm new here and I'm not 100% sure this is correct sub forum to post this question but I have problem with my room. Room...

pawelekdabek
replies: 0 views: 99
pawelekdabek 8 hours ago

i'm after some advice about how to make a large iso guitar booth sound great. I'm particularly interested in the role of airflow....

Moondog007
replies: 13 views: 436
Bushman 8 hours ago

I currently have 3 27" monitors that pretty much take up the entire width of my desk. I can't go down to 2 monitors for...

Owners1
replies: 0 views: 198
Owners1 9 hours ago

Hello Everyone, It's been awhile that I said I would post my room progress, almost a year lol, life sometimes. I did my own...

Mr.vybz
replies: 1 views: 119
Mr.vybz 10 hours ago

My home mixing room is a very long narrow room, 5.3x2x2.4m, that I'm in the process of treating right now. It's mainly used for...

Edalicious
replies: 9 views: 293
adrumdrum 10 hours ago

Hey everybody, I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m steadily increasing my VO jobs, but I’m having the issue of my laptop fan...

Daledlf
replies: 4 views: 218
Rick Dalton 13 hours ago

I'm at risk of paralysis by analysis here and could use a hand... I'm building corner bass traps along each ceiling - to - wall...

TheMark24
replies: 2 views: 151
TheMark24 13 hours ago

Hi all, first and foremost I'm excited to join this forum and humbled by all you knowledgeable members. Looking forward to get...

Roald
replies: 3 views: 156
akebrake 15 hours ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 63 views: 4,384
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hey guys. Super quick question. I’m treating my room right now 16’8”x 11’2”. If my math is right the 38% sweet spot...

Bolt audio
replies: 36 views: 4,387
Philbo King 1 day ago

I need some REW experts that can help me out. I'm trying to figure out what would be the next step to get optimal acoustics in my...

OrphicTrench
replies: 21 views: 858
akebrake 1 day ago

Hello! I am in the process of moving my production studio & company to a new place, and I found a really great apartment...

dld_audio
replies: 1 views: 169
bert stoltenborg 1 day ago

Hi Folks ! First post here after several years of reading and learning mostly about acoustics. First of all, I want to thanks...

Aurzzz
replies: 18 views: 413
Aurzzz 1 day ago

I have a 24" deep empty closet in the back of my room (wall to wall) and I would like to treat it for low end absorption. I...

Insider25
replies: 0 views: 113
Insider25 1 day ago

In a living room setup temporarily (18x13x8.5) - couches, chairs, an area rug, and furniture all has the room sounding pretty...

mikoo69
replies: 1 views: 136
mikoo69 1 day ago

Hi all, I've been reading a lot on this forum for the last couple weeks, because I'm trying to enhance my mixing...

Minic Soundworks
replies: 3 views: 533
OLDNOOB 1 day ago

I was wondering if the room above is big enough to do acoustic treatment and turn it into a vocal both. I was thinking of using...

Bsides9
replies: 6 views: 241
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

Hello, I moved into a new appartement and am wondering where it would make sense to place my desk and studio monitors. The...

OnTheRocks
replies: 1 views: 150
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hello, i'm a music and audio enthusiast from Germany and love this forum as a great source of information about room...

Dirac28
replies: 20 views: 776
Dirac28 2 days ago

Good afternoon all, I have a detached double garage (roughly 15' from the nearest neighbour) that I am looking to convert to...

Crate
replies: 9 views: 412
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

For me, the big problem is the sound of my breathing in my recordings of classical guitar, Do you have any ideas how to...

Anton.Kud
replies: 3 views: 244
bradh 2 days ago

I have an 8x6 closet that I am converting to a vocal booth. So far I have layered the whole original wall in 3" Roxul...

IBE
replies: 0 views: 147
IBE 2 days ago

Hi everyone! I was having issues with the power in my studio, and was getting a voltage reading on my Furman conditioner at...

animalsounds
replies: 6 views: 218
siniarch 3 days ago

Hello ya'll, I have a room that is half 4 inch panels, and the other half is direct wall mounted OC703 between 6 to 4 inches....

AllanD
replies: 4 views: 290
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi there studio owners, I was wondering if anyone had a brand of Edison socket LED lightbulb that dims nicely/predictably with...

ChinchillaWafers
replies: 1 views: 135
Starlight 3 days ago

Hey guys, I’ve been reading up on acoustics for quite a while now, alternating with REW measurements and I think I’m starting...

Asteroid999
replies: 18 views: 10,647
Asteroid999 3 days ago

Hi all, This has always confused me. If a monitor sitting on a meter bridge is assumed to cause a reflection off the desk...

bukman
replies: 8 views: 3,029
dinococcus 3 days ago

Hi everyone! I've been watching GS forums for a long time now, but this is my first question I couldn't find answer to anywhere...

RhodesRoads
replies: 4 views: 221
RhodesRoads 3 days ago

Hi there, Due to size restraints in my bedroom studio I really only have place for my wardrobe at my right early reflection...

fusiqos
replies: 0 views: 163
fusiqos 3 days ago

I have read all the threads here about parallel walls but wanted to check if I'm understanding correctly.... As I understand...

Moondog007
replies: 9 views: 400
Mike Caffrey 3 days ago

Opinions wanted! As I go about researching room design/treatments, I come across a very common assumption. Everybody I read...

Plutonia
replies: 57 views: 10,687
Mr.vybz 4 days ago

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 27 views: 1,156
Burstwurst 4 days ago

Hello I’ve been reading a lot here recently - so much great info. I’m a professional performing musician, been earning...

Jtorridon
replies: 1 views: 139
Jtorridon 4 days ago

Greetings, I am in the process of ordering insulation for the bass traps and I am looking for the best material for this...

msbir
replies: 1 views: 177
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

I’m about to install a 1x3x8 piece of treated pine on the ceiling and wondered about pre-drilling holes into the ceiling...

LeoRapture
replies: 3 views: 217
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

I was wondering if anyone knew how deep the Zaor Miza X2 rack depth is. I have a rackmount PC I’d like to place in the middle...

InguinalLigament
replies: 0 views: 141
InguinalLigament 4 days ago

Hi Folks. I can't source green glue where I am - New Zealand. Has anyone had any success or can suggest alternatives? The...

nzl62
replies: 101 views: 33,728
Pierra 4 days ago

I just finished installing acoustic panels from GIK Acoustics. The room turned out sounding 10x better. How does it...

bchamorro
replies: 4 views: 353
steveschizoid 4 days ago

Kind of an unusual problem. I work in a small home studio in an apartment in an old (1910’s or 1920’s) building. The walls...

fazealigned
replies: 3 views: 261
fazealigned 5 days ago

Just got a new set of monitors in my home project studio. (Barefoot Footprint01). Did some REW tests this morning to find the...

sws1
replies: 10 views: 414
johannburkard 5 days ago

I'm aware that setting up lengthwise in a mix room is better but what about when symmetry of glass is a factor? I'm building...

jason kanter
replies: 1 views: 156
avare 5 days ago

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help point me into to the right direction here, I recently moved back to having an external desk in...

converted
replies: 5 views: 225
converted 5 days ago

Hi, Quick question. I made a bunch of these panels a while back with black material and exposed wood frame. Doing my room...

jazzmik2000
replies: 6 views: 246
avare 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search