The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,301
Views: 2,301
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 248,689
DanDan 2 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 255,523
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 201,449
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 94,194
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hi! I just finished building the studio: outer shell: 275cm height 348cm length 408cm width I then had acousticians...

Stephaan
replies: 1 views: 256
johannburkard 5 minutes ago

Hello all, New to the gearslutz community, thanks in advance for welcoming me in. I have a quick question. Yes I searched...

DanSiego
replies: 26 views: 552
johannburkard 10 minutes ago

If you have a thick absorptive ceiling with good absorption down to low frequencies then does it matter how high the rigid...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 7 views: 264
Cardinal_SINE 25 minutes ago

I am planning to convert my garage in to a small home cinema (the room is 2.7m x 5m), and I am trying to determine the best way...

McDuff
replies: 2 views: 80
McDuff 3 hours ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 831 views: 255,479
Rommy 5 hours ago

i do not want to staple or glue anything to my recently finished walls so i am looking to go with hooking some noise canceling...

redemption91
replies: 49 views: 14,306
Ncrays 5 hours ago

A friend today claims ; That slats over absorbtion while providing some much needed reflections in some cases, can also...

dodittydada
replies: 63 views: 8,641
ostfisk 9 hours ago

I saw this message from a very old thread on this site and I have no way of getting in contact with the original...

th3fstaxn
replies: 1 views: 108
Starlight 9 hours ago

I am sure that the answer is no else they would not be used but I was wondering if someone would be nice enough to explain why?...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 14 views: 514
attaboy_jhb 11 hours ago

Hello, I am the engineering director for a small radio station. This summer we are moving locations and have to completely uproot...

nates.george
replies: 0 views: 38
nates.george 11 hours ago

Hey everyone I’m in the planning phase of building a recording studio and I need advice on the design. The room dimensions...

Rainorshinegrind
replies: 8 views: 353
Rainorshinegrind 16 hours ago

A pipe was leaking above my room, so I had to move everything out for repairs. I have an opportunity to revise my setup,...

satisfaction2009
replies: 11 views: 559
satisfaction2009 16 hours ago

So, I’m a drummer but I can track decent guitar, bass and vox. I have almost completed my gear collection goal for this month,...

GreySlothStudio
replies: 9 views: 355
Noisewagon 16 hours ago

Hi all. This it the room I have for my studio. Can you please help placing bass traps and acoustic panels for such room? I...

shtreebun
replies: 53 views: 1,329
Bushman 17 hours ago

Has anyone experienced both solutions ? I own Sonarworks and like it pretty much (great customer service btw), but was wondering...

Avgatzeblouz
replies: 11 views: 1,645
Gusss 21 hours ago

Can a working diffuser be built out of plastic tubes? Like this Google Image Result for...

gtrdrumsplayer
replies: 2 views: 301
gtrdrumsplayer 22 hours ago

Can anyone link me to any kind of studio desk building plans/measurements? I'm pretty much ITB but have a couple of rack bits...

eyezenears
replies: 10 views: 477
matthew john 22 hours ago

Hi, A little lost after weeks of work. And I'm wondering how far off I am? I've done all the usual stuff. Superchunks in all...

radlid
replies: 15 views: 558
radlid 23 hours ago

I am building a recording room of size 15' x 24' x 17' (h). There will be many hard surfaces in this room. There will also be...

audiothings
replies: 2 views: 227
Starlight 1 day ago

Hi Guys, I have been researching and have come up with some ideas about placing traps and panels in this room to get a decent...

c0ld4orm
replies: 13 views: 4,928
navu28 1 day ago

Hi, i see a lot of indie and professional studios with wooden slats on their walls, the slats and slots are sometimes varying in...

midoban
replies: 70 views: 30,180
navu28 1 day ago

I'm hoping this thread can clear up some confusion for me regarding different uses for adding panels (perforated or otherwise) in...

Szorn
replies: 11 views: 703
navu28 1 day ago

Found this Selecting the Right Acoustic Material Any general experiences thoughts etc, fire away - I'm not doing this...

bill5
replies: 7 views: 368
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hey everyone I have the opportunity to temporarily turn a french Chateau into a recording studio for 2 weeks. This would be a...

johnnyalucard
replies: 8 views: 393
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hello all! I've been scouring the site and so far haven't found anything that would exactly answer all my questions here. My...

CorruptionIMC
replies: 1 views: 295
Dana_T. 1 day ago

I am soon starting the soundproofing part of my studio. I have decided to keep the room as one whole unit (despite what some...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 46 views: 628
attaboy_jhb 1 day ago

I have a vocal booth that I'm treating with dimensions: 11' length, 5' wide, 7' height. The materials that I've purchased are 48...

skitzothebeast
replies: 13 views: 345
skitzothebeast 1 day ago

hi slutz, i'm about to optimize my mixing room with some diffusers. until now i have only absorbers on the ceiling, walls and...

kuko
replies: 3 views: 278
Jens Eklund 1 day ago

I'm looking into a new studio space that has minimal sonic bleed to the outside except for through a few windows. The windows are...

jsbeeth
replies: 15 views: 539
Kites 1 day ago

Hi everyone, im in the early stages of converting my detached garage into a studio space. Currently my garage is just that, a...

Thearch
replies: 1 views: 276
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hey guys, I'm setting up a studio in the room and I'm just wondering what kind of treatment I should apply to this ceiling. Do I...

iainchan97
replies: 5 views: 278
SoundPimp 1 day ago

Hey! Anyone familiar with the construction of double masonry brick walls in prewar buildings in manhattan? I have some Yamaha...

jonathanlee88
replies: 2 views: 221
avare 1 day ago

Would covering rockwool absorbers with a very thin (the stuff used for food) plastic film and then medium thick (breathable)...

SoundPimp
replies: 6 views: 253
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone here has modified a gik tri trap, Currently I have 4, I have one in each corner, I am now...

sausy
replies: 9 views: 405
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

oddur
replies: 47 views: 3,640
oddur 2 days ago

Hello all. I've been successfully tracking in my house in a spare bedroom but Im glad to say I've been experiencing some...

FelizSounds
replies: 8 views: 264
FelizSounds 2 days ago

Hi, I have a recording space in need of help. It's a rather small space, something like 2.25m wide, 5m deep and about 3meters...

AMelbye
replies: 12 views: 1,410
DanDan 2 days ago

I am mounting my small bedroom studio and I need some help how to place my speakers and add acoustic treatment on corners and...

mozca
replies: 2 views: 307
mozca 2 days ago

Hey gearsluts kfhkh I've finished the structural build of my new studio, full 'room within a room' - drywall, stud walls stuffed...

oli.bw
replies: 1 views: 281
Temple of Light 2 days ago

Hi there, I am looking to install some acoustic panels in our office, hidden as movie posters from different films we have...

mikeryanw
replies: 2 views: 308
elegentdrum 2 days ago

So basically I don't have any tools or really a place where I could use tools since I live in an apartment so building a frame...

Zig_Zag
replies: 0 views: 309
Zig_Zag 2 days ago

Hello guys! I've been a reader of the forum occasionally from quite some time and always enjoy the discussions and information...

Maxxed
replies: 9 views: 271
Starlight 2 days ago

Hello guys! I've been a reader of the forum occasionally from quite some time and always enjoy the discussions and information...

Maxxed
replies: 0 views: 119
Maxxed 2 days ago

Closing in on the finishing stages of setting up my new mastering room and reevaluating certain things.. Despite having read a...

aleatoric
replies: 6 views: 486
aleatoric 2 days ago

I just thought I'd share my new build so far. I once said I'd never want to do another after a third time... Turns out I'm really...

Mrtoast34
replies: 0 views: 286
Mrtoast34 2 days ago

Hi there, the title is pretty self-explanatory, but I want to build flush mounting for my Geithain RL906 which are ported on top....

whippoorwill
replies: 2 views: 282
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Basically finished with my new room and it's sounding amazing! I brought with me 4 GIK GridFusor's from my old room and am...

aleatoric
replies: 3 views: 317
aleatoric 3 days ago

Could someone explain the differences between Boggys MLS and Newells sequence?? When each of these is appropriate?? Also ...

Yiannis
replies: 46 views: 6,487
DanDan 3 days ago

Hey all, I’ve been hunting for FR burlap or similar for our soon to be built panels. I can’t seem to find a pure white. I...

Fluxo
replies: 0 views: 278
Fluxo 3 days ago

Hello! I'll be building some bass traps and the only issue left is the fabric. Now, i'd like to print some art/images onto...

basickarl
replies: 3 views: 288
basickarl 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search