The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 77 views: 239,425
WillijU 1 week ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 244,012
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 193,241
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 90,984
jcjr 30th July 2014

I am trying to understand this idea for a studio design. In the control room there are "slot resonators" with timber...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 12 views: 366
Temple of Light 6 minutes ago

Need help with choice of absorption verses difusion in my renovated studio the main room is approximately 15 x 30 the control...

Titanstudio
replies: 0 views: 1
Titanstudio 12 minutes ago

Hi All, I would like your thoughts on treating my small studio space. I am working on getting my untreated 18.75' x 17' x 8'...

exosphere
replies: 6 views: 431
Temple of Light 58 minutes ago

Hello everybody, ive grown a serious interest in treating the acoustics in my room. Ive been bed room producing for 4 years now...

Joezerony
replies: 0 views: 14
Joezerony 59 minutes ago

Greetings, I am building out a project studio in the 3rd floor loft. I am constructing a small partition wall to match the...

n0nspaz
replies: 8 views: 267
DanDan 5 hours ago

Hi all, didn’t want to steal others threads so here it goes. I have a concrete room for my studio, low ceiling which is not...

Deckdaddy
replies: 23 views: 492
Deckdaddy 6 hours ago

I am sure that the answer is no else they would not be used but I was wondering if someone would be nice enough to explain why?...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 1 views: 117
OpusOfTrolls 6 hours ago

I am going to try using slats on my 3rd and hopefully final studio build in my new house :) I have a 12m X 5m X 3m(ceiling)...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 15 views: 435
DanDan 6 hours ago

Hi guys, I've finally took the jump to use Sonarworks 4 after reading great stuff about it. So after buying their microphone and...

Nikola_Tesla
replies: 9 views: 359
DanDan 7 hours ago

I saw a picture a while back of a live room with a piano and above it there were a dozen or more hung pieces of reflective clouds...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 6 views: 274
DanDan 9 hours ago

Hi All, I will be co-presenting this session on Thursday at the AES@NAMM event during NAMM. Would like to invite anyone who...

SteveGTR
replies: 5 views: 282
DanDan 9 hours ago

Hello all, So much information, 'dis' information on the net about this. My situation: 58 year old with a basement studio.....

LSP
replies: 8 views: 261
DanDan 9 hours ago

Hello! After many inspirational threads here I decided to go public too. The more thoughts the merrier. ;) Long story short:...

pfg
replies: 151 views: 7,830
DanDan 9 hours ago

Hello everybody, This is my first post on Gearslutz ever. I joined because I found some great advice already about room...

Milla
replies: 47 views: 1,050
Milla 22 hours ago

So I've recently spent the last week or so adding acoustic treatment to my low end room. Ive stacked up rockwool in...

Lt Jangle
replies: 3 views: 341
flicka 1 day ago

Hello, I've been looking at multiple options for fitting into a drop ceiling for better absorption, and I've come across a...

tdot
replies: 0 views: 183
tdot 1 day ago

Hello everyone! Thanks for taking some time and helping me, I really appreciate it! I'm doing some changes around my house and...

Indigo.Prod
replies: 7 views: 483
Temple of Light 1 day ago

Hey everyone! Building a recording/mixing space in my basement. I could really use some help or advise if anyone is for it. My...

VoLuminous
replies: 2 views: 337
DanDan 1 day ago

Hi All, I am setting up a new single-room studio in Dublin Ireland. Because I need to record and mix in the same space, so far...

javamad
replies: 56 views: 1,469
akebrake 1 day ago

A new concert hall in Hamburg transforms the...

satisfaction2009
replies: 33 views: 789
DanDan 2 days ago

In my room I am planning to have around 600mm of fluffy across the entire walls and was wondering if it's possible to get...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 4 views: 378
attaboy_jhb 2 days ago

Hi! I am looking to get a consultation with an engineer that could acoustically analyse my space. Someone who could recommend...

VoLuminous
replies: 2 views: 298
gwm 2 days ago

Dear all, I spent literally the whole day researching internet to find an answer on my issue, but I could not find anything. I...

szawadzkipiano
replies: 2 views: 230
JohnPM 2 days ago

Clearly the door couldn’t couldn’t be made from from MLV. But I had a (probably crazy) idea. Build 2 frames 1 inch shy of...

logjamparty
replies: 1 views: 292
Temple of Light 3 days ago

I am fully aware that in order to properly measure my room acoustics I need to utilize an omnidirectional mic. Eventually, I will...

Bdinky30
replies: 1 views: 260
DanDan 3 days ago

I'm want to use an lcd monitor in control room, and one in live room.(instead of glass) for visual contact with talent. I've...

LSP
replies: 0 views: 234
LSP 3 days ago

I have a somewhat unique situation at my studio: I share a wall with a restaurant. The restaurant is just finishing their...

evoltap
replies: 12 views: 342
Schoeller 3 days ago

Hi all, Been reading around for a while but still unsure what to put in my room and where. My problem is I spend a lot of...

szmola
replies: 13 views: 525
DanDan 3 days ago

Hi guys, I'm new here but have been reading a lot! I plan on creating an broad band absorber / large bass trap with the space...

humanbeing
replies: 35 views: 1,546
c.deep 4 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 821 views: 244,498
Jens Eklund 4 days ago

Before I get to my question I'll try to as quickly as possible line out the space, the buildout, and the other measures in place...

logjamparty
replies: 1 views: 312
DanDan 4 days ago

I've read a lot of threats and none o them talk about the difference in using a rockwool panel between house walls (with propper...

DubFul
replies: 5 views: 335
DanDan 4 days ago

Hey guys, I have a small problem with my booth sounding a bit boomy at 120-250 range, I just get a bit of resonance there that...

pilamon
replies: 4 views: 291
pilamon 4 days ago

Howdy Forum! I thought I’d share a recent build with you. I pulled lots of background knowledge and research from this forum,...

dranzangos
replies: 2 views: 356
dranzangos 5 days ago

This seems to be the appropriate forum to ask this. if its not, I apologize for wasting your time. I am trying to build a home...

hughhugh
replies: 12 views: 494
hughhugh 5 days ago

I own a pair of Lipinski L-707 and the Lipinski Monoblock amps. Initially I also wanted to get a pair of their stands, which...

Nuuk
replies: 6 views: 6,481
e.fiocco 5 days ago

Hey everyone! Building a recording/mixing space in my basement. I could really use some help or advise if anyone is for it. My...

VoLuminous
replies: 0 views: 217
VoLuminous 5 days ago

Hi all, Just wanted to post a measurement diagram of my room and see if anyone can help me with where I should place my monitors...

JoshHPMusic
replies: 5 views: 370
JoshHPMusic 5 days ago

I found this one on the internet. do you think they will work well on a cloud over the sweetspot? (they are not very high in...

valeot
replies: 6 views: 389
Northward 5 days ago

Hi forum community and audio lovers! Sorry to barge in here like this, but I have to share something! We're currently building...

Leisure
replies: 23 views: 1,699
Leisure 5 days ago

Hi everyone - I've been making music videos, and I'm setting up a screening room to watch the results. This is not intended to...

musicus
replies: 5 views: 327
musicus 6 days ago

Howdy! I finally downloaded RoomEQ and did some measurements of my home studio, which is basically a ~16ft x ~10ft x ~8ft room...

sleipnir
replies: 28 views: 1,178
akebrake 6 days ago
replies: - views: -
DanDan 6 days ago

Hello everybody, It's my first post, so go easy on me. For the first time in my life I have a room dedicated to music...

teeeth
replies: 15 views: 458
DanDan 6 days ago

Anybody out there install a fake/faux rock wall as diffusion in your studio? I just ordered a couple samples from the website...

TheEar
replies: 8 views: 1,780
Mondrian 6 days ago

I'd like to tame the 140 to 300 Hz area in my room. It is partly treated: 3 corners, ceiling reflection points, left reflection...

VinylScra
replies: 8 views: 731
VinylScra 6 days ago

Hi. I'm about to move into a new space that's a strange t-shaped room. I've included a drawing of the room with measurements and...

sounder23
replies: 5 views: 346
OpusOfTrolls 1 week ago

Multi-layer Absorber Calculator Multi-layer Absorber Calculator according to this, 600mm and 1200mm of fluffy are about the...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 16 views: 527
attaboy_jhb 1 week ago

Hi all. Sorry in advance for the long post, but here goes... I have a small home studio (non-professional), which I’ve been...

Skol303
replies: 40 views: 1,221
Skol303 1 week ago

Hi guys! Sorry if this already was covered in another thread. I am finishing tuning up and treating my small control room and...

Flash R
replies: 10 views: 470
DanDan 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search