The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 355,887
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 14,014
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 334,232
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 122,125
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 270,396
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hello! It is recommanded to change ducts every 10 years (from what I read from different manufacturers). I will spend lot of...

JayPee
replies: 5 views: 79
dinococcus 24 minutes ago

Any thoughts on these products? Delta H Design | ZR Products

Hane
replies: 41 views: 5,130
bert stoltenborg 6 hours ago

Hey everyone, I have a 3.3m x 4.3m x 2.3m room (W/L/H) which also has a partially slanted ceiling. So in total it's a 14 m2 or...

childintime
replies: 28 views: 801
Bushman 11 hours ago

Good morning, folks! I am helping a friend design and construct a one-room recording studio in an existing shed. I would love...

Diakonos1984
replies: 6 views: 528
Diakonos1984 13 hours ago

Hey, here’s my predicament- I’ve studied up on sound and room treatment, not isolation. I’ve paid contractors $13k (which...

Granz
replies: 5 views: 222
Granz 14 hours ago

Hey guys, I am planning to acoustically treat an elliptical shaped room. I would like to know your opinion because the...

producerxtr
replies: 28 views: 459
avare 15 hours ago

While none of us ever expects a fire it nevertheless would be wise to be prepared. The UK's Surrey Fire Brigade has a helpful...

Starlight
replies: 1 views: 104
dinococcus 18 hours ago

I am trying to set up a semi analog home studio in my basement. My plan is to use a mixer with usb like the tascam model 12 and...

r2m0w
replies: 2 views: 151
r2m0w 19 hours ago

I've taken some time to move my acoustic panels around and testing the results at the mixing position. I thought I would share...

RedTone
replies: 0 views: 67
RedTone 20 hours ago

Im currently in the process of setting up my basement for my son and myself. I recently purchased a behringer ecm8000 for dirt...

LEXXX RUGER
replies: 72 views: 1,851
johannburkard 20 hours ago

Hello, I am using REW with my Roland Rubix22 for the first time today. When calibrating the interface, there is no low...

herrturtur
replies: 2 views: 97
herrturtur 23 hours ago

Dear forum, My basement contains a raw concrete room which is approximately 508cm x 420cm (16'8" x 13'9") and with a...

jonlanghoff
replies: 6 views: 235
jonlanghoff 1 day ago

Hello to everyone, I recently finished building my studio and the room that I had available is really small 8,91m2 (95,91 sq...

Alexey_Belan
replies: 10 views: 241
avare 1 day ago

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME ON THIS THREAD, READ THIS. This thread is dedicated to people who have read Rod Gervias' book, Home...

naethoven
replies: 363 views: 84,871
chag0101 1 day ago

Hey there, some days ago I measured my room and noticed a peak in the waterfall graph at around 50 Hz. The room is about...

TJ99
replies: 6 views: 161
akebrake 1 day ago

Hi all, Firstly, great website! Loads of info - very useful! I have done some digging up on this website and didnt seem to...

soundmixnewbie12
replies: 7 views: 208
lxm 1 day ago

Please see link for the two options for my rear wall in my small (21'x12'x8' LWH) ...

granto
replies: 7 views: 170
SRS 1 day ago

Quick question: I found a very nice design fabric i would like to use for acoustic panels but it's minky. It is...

noha099
replies: 1 views: 126
SRS 1 day ago

Hi, In the last few months I have spent a lot of time reading articles and discussions on this forum about acoustic treatment...

Gio_V
replies: 3 views: 176
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Is a gap between my ceiling cloud a huge deal? My ceiling has studs every 12”, but the stud rows don’t allow for me to place...

LeoRapture
replies: 11 views: 745
avare 1 day ago

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 32 views: 1,636
orange 1 day ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 116 views: 5,669
siniarch 2 days ago

Hello, I have just installed Soundboard 4 (https://www.soundproofingstore.co.uk/soundboard-4) on the party wall of our...

boarder
replies: 11 views: 295
avare 2 days ago

Hello all, first post here. I felt it's the right forum to ask, as I found many posts mentioning Sylomer use for studio...

bleep_bleep
replies: 24 views: 2,240
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I've built some acoustic panels (rockwool, 12cm / 4.7 inches deep) and I'm experimenting with placement. I'm in a room with a...

apan
replies: 1 views: 191
johannburkard 2 days ago

Currently designing the window between my control room and live space. I would like the best isolation possible between the...

theriotwithin
replies: 32 views: 10,781
gullfo 2 days ago

Hey guys this is my second go around at building some traps. A quick question that came to my mind that I have been unable to...

cashhigh
replies: 6 views: 187
cashhigh 3 days ago

Construction officially ends today! I'm posting both as an act of celebration and to solicit some advice. I've treated a...

steveschizoid
replies: 17 views: 825
steveschizoid 3 days ago

I'm currently using the iD22 as my audio interface, but I reference with 3 different pairs of headphones while mixing. The iD22...

Bingy
replies: 2 views: 137
Bingy 3 days ago

Can I clear coat the wood used to build a Desk? How can I make better sound from wood? Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 0 views: 126
newb 3 days ago

Hi!! I would like to know Maximum Desk Size and Distance from Walls for a 10' by 10' Room Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 0 views: 114
newb 3 days ago

Hey All - I'm new to the forums and am prepping to do my first acoustic treatment for my at home music production studio. I've...

eslegh
replies: 4 views: 181
eslegh 3 days ago

Hello everyone. I'm building a new space to be used both for my primary job (editing video) and as much music as time will allow....

jasonlmann
replies: 5 views: 395
jasonlmann 3 days ago

I'm reading about acoustics a lot lately, as far as I understand diffuser reflect the sound. My questions is, why just not put...

hag01
replies: 5 views: 223
dinococcus 4 days ago

Hello, GIK acoustics: 8-10 week delivery time So that leads me to build my own panels... but: Guilford of Maine: 4 week...

gearstudent
replies: 1 views: 200
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hi all, I am making preparations for a new space Room size L: 3.38m W: 3.04m H: 2.6m No weird corners in the...

xenozeno
replies: 48 views: 2,259
akebrake 4 days ago

Hello! I have an impact noise attenuation question. If I build a room within a room on a floating floor using a Mason spring...

chag0101
replies: 62 views: 1,863
chag0101 5 days ago

Has anyone ever bought a Doepfer LMK keyboard without the case and mounted it into their own custom desk build? This is exactly...

etudes
replies: 4 views: 370
fgraha1 5 days ago

Hi, I want to build a live booth and vocal booth in one to save space. Obviously the bigger the live booth the more live...

Iron Octopus
replies: 4 views: 270
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

I'm about to buy SnS and want to know how much to get! I've seen many threads where people go with single 3" panels for...

granto
replies: 43 views: 1,200
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hello all! :) I am a singer and have recently decided to start properly recording songs that I have been writing to start...

jmusic95
replies: 17 views: 493
Bushman 5 days ago

Hello all I have small room, and did some acoustic treatment, 4.9 meters in lenght 3 meters wide, and 1.97 meters...

gedna
replies: 8 views: 392
johannburkard 5 days ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post and first attempt to become serious with my stereo setup. I recently purchased a pair of Omega...

doraymon
replies: 24 views: 546
doraymon 6 days ago

There's a lot of talk about the importance of dealing with room modes in for mixing, and how rectangular rooms are better...

matt2000
replies: 7 views: 267
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

My studio/music room is such an odd room. Its aprox 11 feet by 11 feet and has this divider, I asume for a closset. I have been...

Alex_Blade
replies: 3 views: 195

Hi people, I would like some help on what room to pick for my first home studio. I have two options: Room 1: rectangular...

madison.p
replies: 11 views: 495
nat8808 6 days ago

Hey guys ! After years of just reading Gearslutz, I'm finally posting ! Where do I begin ? Well, I've made 12 custom...

Larsen_rmg
replies: 1 views: 183

Hey there, really hoping someone can lend a hand reading some REW results. I'm setting up a new studio space in a small...

effekt01
replies: 8 views: 330
effekt01 6 days ago

I'm getting a lot of condensation between a window plug and the interior facing side of an exterior window. It's a 100 year old...

signalpudding
replies: 2 views: 177
signalpudding 6 days ago

I would be grateful for any input on the best way to soundproof a noisy flue pipe that runs vertically through a corner of my...

brooklynny
replies: 1 views: 155
gullfo 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search