The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is with a heavy heart that I received the news this morning that Francis Manzella of FM Designs passed away...

Northward
replies: 10 views: 2,115
Wes Lachot 21st September 2020

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 352,511
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 12,954
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 330,023
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 120,528
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 268,696
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone! I was having issues with the power in my studio, and was getting a voltage reading on my Furman conditioner at...

animalsounds
replies: 1 views: 33
elegentdrum 24 minutes ago

Wanting to build some early reflection acoustic panels using Knauf rigid insulation. The guy at the store ask if I wanted foil...

OLDNOOB
replies: 560 views: 9,846
Mike Caffrey 34 minutes ago

Will covering a desk with something like this help minimize desk reflections?...

mikoo69
replies: 5 views: 164
standup 53 minutes ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 56 views: 4,005
Kyle P. Gushue 1 hour ago

Hi, How would you perform acoustic measurements of a relatively small (1850 cu ft) grand piano room? The grand piano can't be...

kosulin
replies: 13 views: 237
kosulin 1 hour ago

Hi, Quick question. I made a bunch of these panels a while back with black material and exposed wood frame. Doing my room...

jazzmik2000
replies: 3 views: 89
avare 2 hours ago

Hi everyone! I've been watching GS forums for a long time now, but this is my first question I couldn't find answer to anywhere...

RhodesRoads
replies: 1 views: 56
SRS 2 hours ago

Hello fellow gearslutz. Long time reader first time poster. In a few months I will be moving, and in my new place I will have...

Thorbjoern
replies: 4 views: 365
Thorbjoern 5 hours ago

Hello, i'm a music and audio enthusiast from Germany and love this forum as a great source of information about room...

Dirac28
replies: 1 views: 93
avare 5 hours ago

Hello everyone! I built a studio window and placed some moisture absorbent material I got at Home Depot in 4 glass candle...

mixaudio
replies: 13 views: 8,672
Presocratic 5 hours ago

Hi, A simple question: In building a bass trap based on a porous absorber, say a very thick (15cm) rockwool of 80kg/m3...

Julian_
replies: 6 views: 203
avare 6 hours ago

Hello, Asking advice from the experienced gurus here: What are current good recommendations (brands and particular items)...

Presocratic
replies: 8 views: 237
Presocratic 8 hours ago

I need some REW experts that can help me out. I'm trying to figure out what would be the next step to get optimal acoustics in my...

OrphicTrench
replies: 10 views: 392
Jens Eklund 9 hours ago

Just got a new set of monitors in my home project studio. (Barefoot Footprint01). Did some REW tests this morning to find the...

sws1
replies: 7 views: 220
Jens Eklund 10 hours ago

Following is a DM sent to Rod Gervais but while waiting for a reply, I thought I would open it up to the community as well. One,...

Daryl V
replies: 2 views: 386
Daryl V 10 hours ago

For me, the big problem is the sound of my breathing in my recordings of classical guitar, Do you have any ideas how to...

Anton.Kud
replies: 0 views: 82
Anton.Kud 14 hours ago

Wrong part of the forum

KLinerz
replies: 0 views: 96
KLinerz 18 hours ago

I thought it might be of interest to people in this section that I noticed - on ebay of all places - that a Recording...

nat8808
replies: 0 views: 216
nat8808 1 day ago

I'm about to move into an apartment with a 1-car private garage. My hope is to reduce as much sound as possible coming from...

world sound
replies: 0 views: 107
world sound 1 day ago

Let me start off by saying I'm quite a newbie to acoustics, but have done a fair share of research I'm using this medium-sized...

timehalt
replies: 7 views: 265
timehalt 1 day ago

I’m about to install a 1x3x8 piece of treated pine on the ceiling and wondered about pre-drilling holes into the ceiling...

LeoRapture
replies: 1 views: 104
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Good afternoon all, I have a detached double garage (roughly 15' from the nearest neighbour) that I am looking to convert to...

Crate
replies: 4 views: 206
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Good morning and happy Sunday fellow GS! I'm in the midst of full house renovations, and building a studio in the loft...

SoLo
replies: 2 views: 144
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I'm Joachim from Germany and kindly request your professional opinion. I know my room is far from being ideal but...

mimika
replies: 1 views: 186
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

Hi everyone I am from Lebanon and i need your help. I have single basement room in my home and need to convert fo mastering...

makhour
replies: 6 views: 275
makhour 1 day ago

My studio is in a detached garage and has always had the usual mysterious noise coming from the air and/or the electrical. I had...

wadesey
replies: 43 views: 426
wadesey 1 day ago

Hello Gear-friends! I run a little home studio in brooklyn and recently moved the control room, which led me to installing a...

Ruffone
replies: 0 views: 209
Ruffone 1 day ago
replies: 4 views: 192
robertom 1 day ago

i'm after some advice about how to make a large iso guitar booth sound great. I'm particularly interested in the role of airflow....

Moondog007
replies: 1 views: 165
Moondog007 1 day ago

Hi, i wonder if anyone can help point me into to the right direction here, I recently moved back to having an external desk in...

converted
replies: 0 views: 110
converted 1 day ago

Haha when you see it!

DobieDigital
replies: 2 views: 214
kosulin 1 day ago

Hey everybody, I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m steadily increasing my VO jobs, but I’m having the issue of my laptop fan...

Daledlf
replies: 2 views: 134
rbbrchckn 2 days ago

So I have one of those it-is-what-it-is rooms. Lots of benefits, seperate structure, not terribly small, sounding pretty good...

TequilaKez
replies: 4 views: 191
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I have read all the threads here about parallel walls but wanted to check if I'm understanding correctly.... As I understand...

Moondog007
replies: 8 views: 246
Moondog007 2 days ago

Hi all, This has always confused me. If a monitor sitting on a meter bridge is assumed to cause a reflection off the desk...

bukman
replies: 5 views: 2,873
dmac660 2 days ago

I've been doing some reading here and it sounds like dual subs can be very beneficial to help with room modes. But since I...

maxiedaniels
replies: 1 views: 139
Jens Eklund 2 days ago

I just finished installing acoustic panels from GIK Acoustics. The room turned out sounding 10x better. How does it...

bchamorro
replies: 3 views: 208
bchamorro 2 days ago

Kind of an unusual problem. I work in a small home studio in an apartment in an old (1910’s or 1920’s) building. The walls...

fazealigned
replies: 2 views: 159
Jens Eklund 2 days ago

Good afternoon, I've been working on testing acoustic treatments in my basement home studio using Fuzzmeasure. I was hoping to...

mrhudson
replies: 14 views: 377
akebrake 2 days ago

Does anyone have a good method for temporarily elevating and angling equipment in situ to measure the acoustic effect of adding,...

Grovestand
replies: 3 views: 187
dinococcus 2 days ago

I have reached the point where I have enough gear to justify a studio desk; I have 2 interfaces, 2 midi interfaces, 5...

Darkmere
replies: 1 views: 198
pencilextremist 2 days ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 86 views: 4,389
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi guys, I've bought a house that has a barn I would like to use as a temporary studio. It'll be for maximum 24 months as...

Calypso
replies: 1 views: 116
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi community! Long time hobby enthusiast trying to give production a real crack at the tail end of 2020. I've occupied the...

robyvee
replies: 3 views: 250
johannburkard 3 days ago

My builder is trying to get me to switch from Rockwool Safe N Sound in my double wall construction to Cellulose that is blown in....

thirdflr
replies: 1 views: 178
avare 3 days ago

Hi all, My apartment/studio space is right next door to a restaurant that has very loud air handling units. Even with double...

nemesis1218
replies: 3 views: 207
Jeff Hayat 3 days ago

I work in a small room and decided to get a second LCD screen for workflow reasons, but I didn't plan well and they completely...

BJosephs
replies: 2 views: 220
BJosephs 3 days ago

I just. Came here really quick to ask, is a 5x7x6.5 vocal booth fairly reasonable to work with in terms of acoustics? Can I get...

hereforonequesti
replies: 18 views: 450
Bushman 4 days ago

Hello ya'll, I have a room that is half 4 inch panels, and the other half is direct wall mounted OC703 between 6 to 4 inches....

AllanD
replies: 0 views: 149
AllanD 4 days ago

Hi, I need to treat early reflections and flutter echo, and I would like to use only what I already have (zero waste ethic)....

drof
replies: 1 views: 245
johannburkard 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search