The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 3,842
Northward 3 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 317,848
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 300,894
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 112,235
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 242,895
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I'm planning out yet another studio build. This one will be a mix/production room with new, foundation-up construction. The plan...

EMMST
replies: 4 views: 128
EMMST 19 minutes ago

Hello! Long time lurker of this site. I have really appreciated all of the great information provided by it's users over the...

ReNova
replies: 11 views: 1,168
Kyle P. Gushue 1 hour ago

I've had several knowledgeable people tell me to skip the green glue for what I'm doing, and wanted more opinions. I'm building...

Mastiff
replies: 3 views: 140
avare 2 hours ago

I have been writing for seemingly blind people for years that the Bolt area for room ratios is obsolete. I finally got some...

avare
replies: 0 views: 110
avare 2 hours ago

There - I said it. I feel better. I've been turning a disaster of a home project studio situation into something that is starting...

rparker
replies: 61 views: 3,425
johannburkard 4 hours ago

Hello. I'm looking for some advice on how to get the most out of my treatment. I currently have: 4x Tri-traps from Gik...

Sry
replies: 5 views: 606
johannburkard 4 hours ago

Hi, I am considering converting an old stone shed with slate roof and concrete floor into an amateur sound studio, mostly for...

cojobt
replies: 4 views: 449
cojobt 6 hours ago

Hello I am looking for advice regarding what to spend £250 on improving the quality of the recording of instruments in the...

FJK
replies: 13 views: 446
FJK 16 hours ago

Hey All I have a bizarre room layout that I'm stuck with for the time being (semi-converted basement) And I'm looking to make...

Mcusano7
replies: 3 views: 443
Kyle P. Gushue 19 hours ago

Hi All, Planning my studio-build for the 2-car garage here in our single family home in Redondo Bch (Los Angeles / South Bay) ....

SYGNAL
replies: 29 views: 1,345
Kyle P. Gushue 22 hours ago

Hi guys, My build has started, ground has been dug, slab will be poured in the next few days. Our engineer's plans don't...

Chris1234
replies: 19 views: 669
Kyle P. Gushue 23 hours ago

New to the forum, but it seems like this is where the knowledgeable people are. I'm starting my project to build a drum practice...

Mastiff
replies: 32 views: 746
Jason Foi 23 hours ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 28 views: 826
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

From the Master Handbook of Acoustics: I noticed on the different scenarios here for the different walls (in the attached...

jml designs
replies: 28 views: 892
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

So I'm planning on starting building my own home studio. The room I have available is kinda large, but is not rectangular and...

oscare_gs
replies: 0 views: 728
oscare_gs 1 day ago

Many questions. Seeking expert advice. Overview: I'm having a new home built, but it's not custom. I get the 2nd floor suite...

Tim the Grey
replies: 32 views: 1,058
Soundman2020 2 days ago

Ready to build my 24" bass trap wall, and think I'm going to go with the Knauf ECOSE batts. I'm curious which R- value will...

mahler007
replies: 3 views: 381
mahler007 2 days ago

Hi there, I am looking for something like...

dharma one
replies: 2 views: 622
dharma one 2 days ago

When I would record at this studio the vocals would come out really nice, to be expected when recording in a fully treated...

arlingtonmusic
replies: 9 views: 445
GYMusic 2 days ago

Hello everyone, I've always struggled with mixing low-end on my 3" Behringers. I use my ATH-M50x headphones with Sonarworks...

joekvasnicka
replies: 8 views: 501
Soundman2020 2 days ago

Hello. I have recently bought some professionally made acoustic treatment. 4 bass traps 120x60x17cm and 4 panels at 120x60x9cm...

Jakeyboy29
replies: 6 views: 449
Soundman2020 2 days ago

I’m interested in getting some cardioid speakers such as Kii Three, Dutch & Dutch 8C or Geithain. I have found a lot of...

explorer
replies: 7 views: 474
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

hi Need to treat 13m2 room for speech recording, text readers, up to 6 readers simultaneous. Mics will be SM7B. Which, how many...

foler
replies: 1 views: 578
avare 3 days ago

Hey all! I’m an amateur builder embarking on a really exciting drum studio build for a school bus. I’ve been doing some...

silvermachine
replies: 5 views: 478
avare 3 days ago

Hi guys! I'm hoping to finally do some basic acoustic treatment this year in my home bedroom which is also my listening room,...

maticomp
replies: 4 views: 423
maticomp 3 days ago

Hey guys. I'm going to build a room in a room with the overriding purpose to keep drum noise from escaping during practice. ...

Mastiff
replies: 2 views: 270
Soundman2020 3 days ago

Hi all. Due to room size, I am struggling a bit with my desk having to be placed fairly close to the short end of my room. The...

Trass
replies: 3 views: 356
Trass 3 days ago

Hi Folks. I can't source green glue where I am - New Zealand. Has anyone had any success or can suggest alternatives? The...

nzl62
replies: 89 views: 28,607
norton 4 days ago

I want to build a Newell control room with a hard front and flush-mounted monitors. I have Newell's book "Recording Studio...

chrismeraz
replies: 8 views: 329
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Wise ones, I am about to buy a new-construction stick-built house with a large bonus room above the garage -- maybe 25 x 25 with...

808KickDrum
replies: 18 views: 482
Soundman2020 4 days ago

Hello! I'm happy with the results so far but I have no clue on how to treat the remaining problems. I would love any suggestion...

cllhcs
replies: 3 views: 412
cllhcs 5 days ago

Hello! I was out looking for a new studio room today because ours is getting torn down later this year. We found an amazing...

pettah93
replies: 0 views: 221
pettah93 5 days ago

Hi, I am going to add some acoustic treatment to my home studio and have been suggested the following glass mineral wool slab by...

LoveEnigma
replies: 49 views: 927
LoveEnigma 5 days ago

Where is this guy recording and what the hell? What about 2500 qubic feet room as a must that everyone talks about as...

AlanWalk
replies: 13 views: 484
Bushman 5 days ago

Just to set this up, I'm currently working up a design for a diy single room studio and had been considering the benefits of...

thechrisl
replies: 5 views: 367
thechrisl 6 days ago

Hey all, So I have been recording vocals using mattress gobos, which result in a really muddy vocal because the mattress...

PurpleCow19
replies: 4 views: 818
digiman57 6 days ago

Hey guys. FYI, I have a similar post over on John Sayers, but I think there is more traffic here, so am asking here too. I...

Mastiff
replies: 6 views: 266
Brent Hahn 6 days ago

Hi all, I'm really excited to finally start plans on constructing my own proper recording space. I've got a load of really...

janalex
replies: 6 views: 393
RyanC 6 days ago

Please share your thoughts.. I see no treatment here.

AlanWalk
replies: 5 views: 374
Jamie Mac 6 days ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the forums for a long time, now it is the time to join, because I really need your input. Sooo, I...

F.B.
replies: 41 views: 1,628
F.B. 6 days ago

What do you guys think about this? Seems a little to good to be true? Any experience with this...

JulianFernandez
replies: 633 views: 49,915
Soundman2020 6 days ago

Measuring the frequency response of a control room has always been a simple task, especially with things like REW and a decent...

C_F_H_13
replies: 7 views: 430
Soundman2020 6 days ago

Hi all I am new to the forum and looking for guidance of people that know much more than I. I recently moved into a new house...

CHUGCOFFEE
replies: 2 views: 239
CHUGCOFFEE 6 days ago

Sound waves are localized pressure variations that propagate through the air like the waves that a stone makes when you drop it...

theragingwalrus
replies: 9 views: 1,036
Jens Eklund 6 days ago

Hi - As I'm planning my garage studio build, one issue that has come up is dealing with the existing 4 collar ties (rafter...

SYGNAL
replies: 11 views: 510
SYGNAL 1 week ago

From very early in the morning, fork lifts with trailers: (Image is here, I'm not yet allowed to use tags:...

theragingwalrus
replies: 0 views: 239
theragingwalrus 1 week ago

Not wanting to start a debate on Green Glue but I haven't able to find this with a search and was wondering if anyone knew the...

thechrisl
replies: 29 views: 958
Northward 1 week ago

there! This is my first post and REW measurements :) I've done my best to learn from the experts on this forum to build...

Freedom_Finder
replies: 10 views: 574
johannburkard 1 week ago

Hi Ethan, First of all, thanks so much for all the free information you provide to the audio community. You are one of the...

Jose7822
replies: 110 views: 7,654
Jose7822 1 week ago

Want to build a vocal booth on the cheap, are layered TOWELS wall to ceiling a good option for minimising external sound whilst...

Dalle
replies: 2 views: 633
Dalle 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search