The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 3,988
Northward 4 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 318,408
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 301,300
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 112,326
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 243,378
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

WOW pretty much sums it up. Treated my room with thick acoustic foam on my reflection points and added 60cmx60cmx30cm thick...

Immortal
replies: 7 views: 281
Immortal 22 minutes ago

So i got sonarworks and im quite satisfied but but i need to see whats going on after the correction. How the hell can i measure...

Sypowicz
replies: 0 views: 67
Sypowicz 3 hours ago

I've noticed that there are more and more people who are choosing to record in analogue these days, rather than using a...

samgrahamynwa
replies: 3 views: 129
avare 3 hours ago

So for the past three years i've been dealing with a badly acoustically treated home studio. I have a 12x12x9 room with tiled...

Zaquedidit
replies: 3 views: 344
Jens Eklund 7 hours ago

I have my home theatre treated with some GIK acoustic panels and I'm happy with the way it sounds. I have 4 statues that I want...

T800mc
replies: 0 views: 146
T800mc 11 hours ago

Hi guys, I've been reading the forums for a long time, now it is the time to join, because I really need your input. Sooo, I...

F.B.
replies: 42 views: 1,703
F.B. 11 hours ago

Hi! I am setting up a new control room with measurements 4.95 meter (16.3 feet) long, 3.67 (12 feet) meter wide and height 2.60...

ppaulsen
replies: 17 views: 1,134
Starlight 12 hours ago

I’m interested in getting some cardioid speakers such as Kii Three, Dutch & Dutch 8C or Geithain. I have found a lot of...

explorer
replies: 12 views: 628
explorer 12 hours ago

As you can see I am new to this forum, I have been here a while grabbing good information as I go. I am in the process of...

RedTone
replies: 38 views: 2,898
RedTone 16 hours ago

There - I said it. I feel better. I've been turning a disaster of a home project studio situation into something that is starting...

rparker
replies: 63 views: 3,637
johannburkard 20 hours ago

Okay, we have a basement studio, the space is untreated, and structurally the space is highly varied and unsymmetrical, and the...

nowaysj
replies: 3 views: 475
Crumpy 21 hours ago

I've recently added some extra bass trapping in my room, so I've been taking lots of measurements. I've noticed my NS-10Ms have...

craigmorris74
replies: 3 views: 409
craigmorris74 22 hours ago

Hi, Can anyone help me on getting a good supplier of acoustic transparent and good looking fabric in Europe ? Most of the...

Miramar_sessions
replies: 0 views: 213
Miramar_sessions 22 hours ago

I have been writing for seemingly blind people for years that the Bolt area for room ratios is obsolete. I finally got some...

avare
replies: 8 views: 1,005
avare 1 day ago

Hi guys Just been watching an interview with one of the DJs He’s got studio build by mischa jscobi What kind of fabric...

Crobexx
replies: 4 views: 732
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hi forum, I am going to record an LP with a band (live drums, bass, guitars, vocals) in a cottage and I am are currently...

SamplingPerson
replies: 5 views: 338
jpanderson80 1 day ago

I’ve been tracking drums and doing some mixing in my space- a converted detached garage. For the most part, I’m really happy...

nwtlnts
replies: 4 views: 506
nwtlnts 1 day ago

Hi All. I've just set up my hobby studio into a new untreated space and am having huge problems with a resonance/ringing around...

Gmonics22
replies: 5 views: 302
Jens Eklund 1 day ago

I know to some degree this is taste but could someone post some ideal and good full range rew response graphs for a mixing...

Gusss
replies: 8 views: 2,436
Jens Eklund 1 day ago

I’m wondering if there are any specific things to look out for when using 2” and 3” acoustic treatment for my room. I...

JAM7
replies: 6 views: 403
JAM7 1 day ago

So I'm planning on starting building my own home studio. The room I have available is kinda large, but is not rectangular and...

oscare_gs
replies: 5 views: 820
johannburkard 1 day ago
replies: 1 views: 328
rackzpro 1 day ago

Hi, I have been searching online on bass trap placements and all this different info confuses me a bit.. Currently, I have...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 7 views: 353
Progmatic-Studios 1 day ago

First time post here I hope that this hasn’t been posted about before! Ok so I have a relatively small studio....

hosannas
replies: 2 views: 343
Jens Eklund 1 day ago

Many questions. Seeking expert advice. Overview: I'm having a new home built, but it's not custom. I get the 2nd floor suite...

Tim the Grey
replies: 33 views: 1,194
Tim the Grey 2 days ago

Hi! I have the opportunity of moving into an apartment on the ground floor with a basement underneath it that seems like it...

0000000nowhere
replies: 0 views: 329
0000000nowhere 2 days ago

Hey fellow GS'ers! This week I decided to build my DIY drum riser using all the recycled and reclaimed material I gathered...

Funny Cat
replies: 12 views: 2,266
Funny Cat 2 days ago

Hi Folks. I can't source green glue where I am - New Zealand. Has anyone had any success or can suggest alternatives? The...

nzl62
replies: 90 views: 28,825
tzahov 2 days ago

I’m looking for an acoustician/studio designer who can help me build a new studio in France. I am in the planning phase. The...

chrismeraz
replies: 5 views: 865
TomStevens 2 days ago

I want to build a Newell control room with a hard front and flush-mounted monitors. I have Newell's book "Recording Studio...

chrismeraz
replies: 9 views: 439
JayPee 2 days ago

I'm planning out yet another studio build. This one will be a mix/production room with new, foundation-up construction. The plan...

EMMST
replies: 5 views: 513
RyanC 2 days ago

Hello! Long time lurker of this site. I have really appreciated all of the great information provided by it's users over the...

ReNova
replies: 11 views: 1,240
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

I've had several knowledgeable people tell me to skip the green glue for what I'm doing, and wanted more opinions. I'm building...

Mastiff
replies: 3 views: 723
avare 3 days ago

Hello. I'm looking for some advice on how to get the most out of my treatment. I currently have: 4x Tri-traps from Gik...

Sry
replies: 5 views: 672
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hi, I am considering converting an old stone shed with slate roof and concrete floor into an amateur sound studio, mostly for...

cojobt
replies: 4 views: 500
cojobt 3 days ago

Hello I am looking for advice regarding what to spend £250 on improving the quality of the recording of instruments in the...

FJK
replies: 13 views: 497
FJK 3 days ago

Hey All I have a bizarre room layout that I'm stuck with for the time being (semi-converted basement) And I'm looking to make...

Mcusano7
replies: 3 views: 509

Hi All, Planning my studio-build for the 2-car garage here in our single family home in Redondo Bch (Los Angeles / South Bay) ....

SYGNAL
replies: 29 views: 1,390

Hi guys, My build has started, ground has been dug, slab will be poured in the next few days. Our engineer's plans don't...

Chris1234
replies: 19 views: 730
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

New to the forum, but it seems like this is where the knowledgeable people are. I'm starting my project to build a drum practice...

Mastiff
replies: 32 views: 803
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 28 views: 900

From the Master Handbook of Acoustics: I noticed on the different scenarios here for the different walls (in the attached...

jml designs
replies: 28 views: 945

Ready to build my 24" bass trap wall, and think I'm going to go with the Knauf ECOSE batts. I'm curious which R- value will...

mahler007
replies: 3 views: 434
mahler007 5 days ago

Hi there, I am looking for something like...

dharma one
replies: 2 views: 669
dharma one 5 days ago

When I would record at this studio the vocals would come out really nice, to be expected when recording in a fully treated...

arlingtonmusic
replies: 9 views: 498
GYMusic 5 days ago

Hello everyone, I've always struggled with mixing low-end on my 3" Behringers. I use my ATH-M50x headphones with Sonarworks...

joekvasnicka
replies: 8 views: 556
Soundman2020 5 days ago

Hello. I have recently bought some professionally made acoustic treatment. 4 bass traps 120x60x17cm and 4 panels at 120x60x9cm...

Jakeyboy29
replies: 6 views: 498
Soundman2020 5 days ago

hi Need to treat 13m2 room for speech recording, text readers, up to 6 readers simultaneous. Mics will be SM7B. Which, how many...

foler
replies: 1 views: 618
avare 6 days ago

Hey all! I’m an amateur builder embarking on a really exciting drum studio build for a school bus. I’ve been doing some...

silvermachine
replies: 5 views: 517
avare 6 days ago

Hi guys! I'm hoping to finally do some basic acoustic treatment this year in my home bedroom which is also my listening room,...

maticomp
replies: 4 views: 474
maticomp 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search