The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 358,263
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 14,997
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 337,243
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 123,261
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 271,571
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Greetings acoustic wizards... I'm ready for your collective brainpower. The Room This is a home studio/office (office...

GravesNumber9
replies: 24 views: 621
ziggysane 47 minutes ago

Hey all, what is the best software (Mac-based) or methods to calibrate my Studio Monitors (Adam A7X) in a small untreated room?...

Lost_Cause
replies: 12 views: 214
Lost_Cause 55 minutes ago

Hi Members, Just a quick question about the Acoustic Modelling Calculator; acousticmodelling.com I have a very basic of...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 0 views: 46
Cameron Hamill 1 hour ago

I am doing some audio video in my small office which measures 9ft x 10ft x 9ft (high ceiling). The space is kind of awkward with...

LSct
replies: 17 views: 237
LSct 1 hour ago

Hello Everyone, I'm building a home recording studio and I'm just about finished my four floor-to-ceiling bass traps. ...

richofcanada
replies: 1 views: 76
Hot Sauce 1 hour ago

Hi all - Although I need to do initial measurements via REW, I have my basic wall & ceiling treatment design which I've...

oldschoolish
replies: 1 views: 152
oldschoolish 2 hours ago

I'm looking to find a portable vocal booth solution for voice over recording. I found...

DadofMo
replies: 0 views: 31
DadofMo 5 hours ago

The room is located in the basement and I want use it for recording. Ceilings 8.5 ft high. In the middle, unfortunately, is...

kwaem
replies: 3 views: 88
Rick Dalton 6 hours ago

I'm wondering if there is a sound meter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that measures sound levels accurately down to 25db to...

siniarch
replies: 14 views: 362
siniarch 6 hours ago

Hi guys :) i wouyld like your advice on something. i have a PC with windos 7, PC speakers and i've bought also the iloud micro...

Tiagofdinis
replies: 3 views: 112
Kyle P. Gushue 7 hours ago

Hi there! On a budget for a home studio, What you Pro's here would recommend just for solo vocal recording on a...

kencapps
replies: 12 views: 143
Kyle P. Gushue 7 hours ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 889 views: 351,836
DayzK 7 hours ago

Are these any good: Trying to control standing waves, flutter, mainly in high end. Looking to upgrade from foam. Are...

ThreeC
replies: 2 views: 124
artsci2 8 hours ago

Hi, I have too much accumulation of low frequencies in the back of the room and I would like to know how to address...

Progmatic-Studios
replies: 1 views: 102
gullfo 8 hours ago

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 56 views: 3,379
akebrake 9 hours ago

Hey guys. I have an end unit townhouse in the US. Check out the pic with my current setup. ...

ac_music
replies: 0 views: 83
ac_music 11 hours ago

Hi there I hope I have filled out my profile correctly. Hoping to get some advice on a build I am yet to start but I have my...

Palmer Eldritch
replies: 0 views: 90
Palmer Eldritch 19 hours ago

Insulation Batts with a density of less than 10 kg/m3 (0.62 lb/ft3) (with Rayls/m and Sound Absorption Coefficients - if...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 8 views: 278
Cameron Hamill 20 hours ago

Hi all, Without wishing to bore anyone/go into too much detail about my studio design, I have switched from planning a...

drunmersteve
replies: 23 views: 671
drunmersteve 21 hours ago

Hi all - I want to build two 4'X4'ceiling clouds, both frames 10" deep, however, the how-to videos that I come across all...

oldschoolish
replies: 71 views: 2,030
oldschoolish 23 hours ago

After finishing my new studio I noticed alot of noise and buzzing in my recordings, so I hired an electrician and spend a few...

Chase Orion
replies: 5 views: 178
David Rick 1 day ago

Hi All. This is my first post so glad to be a part of what I have found to be some very helpful people in all the reading I have...

DadofMo
replies: 14 views: 255
MajorNoteStudio 1 day ago

Hey everybody, I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m steadily increasing my VO jobs, but I’m having the issue of my laptop fan...

Daledlf
replies: 10 views: 590
MajorNoteStudio 1 day ago

Hey all, I just finished the sheetrocking of my new studio space. My original intention for this room was multi-use:...

wheever
replies: 13 views: 352
wheever 1 day ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 195 views: 75,845
Cameron Hamill 1 day ago

Hi guys, long time lurker etc... with a probably very primitive question. I'm attempting (!) to soundproof my shed for...

hisrecordings
replies: 4 views: 306
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi! I'm building a studio at the bottom of my garden. The walls will be made from a double block (with cavity) and the roof will...

ged968
replies: 4 views: 228
ged968 1 day ago

IR-761 is a great resource. With 350 walls test results it is daunting to determine trends and patterns in the results. The...

avare
replies: 11 views: 280
avare 1 day ago

I'm looking for the ideal acoustic material that will be both aesthetically pleasing and remove the small amount of flutter echo...

deancain
replies: 8 views: 323
akebrake 1 day ago

Greetings! I'm renting in an ancient building and am setting up an all-purpose (at least initially) studio room. Use case is...

ryan7
replies: 2 views: 193
ryan7 1 day ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 90 views: 3,737
onshott1 1 day ago

Dear forum members, Attached a REW package and waterfall, spectogram and GD image of my current 'best' treatment response in my...

TomSleebus
replies: 10 views: 456
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

Dear community, I want to make this thread as straightforward as possible, but it is tough to keep things short when introducing...

herrturtur
replies: 22 views: 620

Greetings, first post here but have been absorbing the information shared on GS for quite some time. As the title says I'm...

Tim Shelton
replies: 7 views: 377

Hi all - My small room is now built, not yet treated, and I'll be embarking on REW measurements soon. I have an initial...

oldschoolish
replies: 6 views: 189
Hot Sauce 2 days ago

Hey guys. My wife and I bought a house this week. It comes with a room that I am very excited about for a combo project studio...

Adam Peter Shinn
replies: 2 views: 174
gullfo 2 days ago

Hi everyone, Thanks so much for this awesome community! Love what I've learned from these forums and want to give you all a...

arthurg
replies: 10 views: 296
Hot Sauce 2 days ago

Don't laugh. The room where I'd like to mix is very small (see attached, 82"x97" with 100" ceiling). Also bad:...

pemberley
replies: 13 views: 359
bambamboom 2 days ago

So, I have a bunch of Vicoustic Wavewood diffuser panels laying around. They are made of 5-6cm thick polystyrene with a thin...

S4dp
replies: 2 views: 162

Hi All, Am designing ideas for a studio desk. desk is used for both production and mixing mostly electronic music. Am trying...

Thales
replies: 2 views: 217
Thales 2 days ago

Mitch Barnett of Accurate Sound tells us about his journey to become a leading expert in Digital Sound Processing (DSP). Accurate...

jtwrace
replies: 0 views: 114
jtwrace 2 days ago

I've been using headphones until now, but have arranged a demo of a small pair of monitors which will probably arrive next...

deejayen
replies: 12 views: 373
deejayen 2 days ago

Hello, How do you measure the distance between monitors and the front and side walls? Am I being really stupid here or...

JimothyDalton
replies: 2 views: 196
TomSleebus 2 days ago

Hello everyone! I have some questions regarding a "multi-layer absorber" which I calculated with this program:...

Boohna
replies: 97 views: 5,267
Cameron Hamill 3 days ago

Hi everyone. First time doing this. Tried to avoid traffic coming past my window so don't know if that has influenced the...

afroblue
replies: 35 views: 851
JayPee 3 days ago

Sometimes someone can make a suggestion and it can really turn things around (literally). This morning someone suggested I...

MajorNoteStudio
replies: 7 views: 261
MajorNoteStudio 3 days ago

I'm building out a 2 room 800sq studio space in the basement of a commercial building (built in 1970s but is now our church...

bluegrassmower
replies: 6 views: 349
gullfo 3 days ago

Hi, Currently working on converting a basement to a studio. Budget is limited and we do not have any noise complaint...

tenkas
replies: 19 views: 543
tenkas 3 days ago

Hi all, I’m coming to the end (hopefully) of the planning stages of my garden music / drum room and am agonising over the...

adybatt
replies: 5 views: 290
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi, all, Just getting into recording at home, have been a mediocre guitarist for a while, now branching out a bit since I'm...

scheissami
replies: 2 views: 288
joshrosen 3 days ago

Moderators