The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

replies: 77 views: 245,659
WillijU 13th January 2018

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

replies: 213 views: 252,112
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

replies: 208 views: 199,310
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 93,398
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hey guys, I'm looking to use some Rockwool to treat an acoustic space. My question is this: is there a limit on how close the...

replies: 3 views: 277
DanDan 14 minutes ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

replies: 1,303 views: 246,949
DanDan 15 minutes ago

Hey there, I've got a pretty straightforward question: If I'm trying to isolate noise from escaping through thin windows,...

replies: 2 views: 154
eddievanwailin 18 minutes ago

Seeking some advice here on how I could improve my poor little office for better monitoring and recording voiceovers. The room...

replies: 4 views: 204
robert82 3 hours ago

Hi, I have a recording space in need of help. It's a rather small space, something like 2.25m wide, 5m deep and about 3meters...

replies: 4 views: 1,086
AMelbye 6 hours ago

After considerable time reading this forum (and others too) I have finally come up with some design ideas for my new studio....

replies: 12 views: 423
eljefe 9 hours ago

Hello Folks. I am honored to have the opportunity to post here. i nervously proceed hoping to have done my due diligence...

replies: 1 views: 159
UltramegaOK 12 hours ago

I wanted some 3U angled racks for my desk so bought myself some birch plywood for less than $20. Rest of the materials i had some...

replies: 0 views: 141
bainmack 14 hours ago

Hello, I asked for advice here in the past year about building my own bass traps and a lot of nice folks helped me out, so I...

replies: 24 views: 3,621
shortyboyboy 14 hours ago

A pipe was leaking above my room, so I had to move everything out for repairs. I have an opportunity to revise my setup,...

replies: 7 views: 340
satisfaction2009 15 hours ago

We have a cottage in your backyard. I was going to convert the garage and use some other rooms of the house as recording rooms as...

replies: 7 views: 313
henryrobinett 15 hours ago

So I got some new monitors to mix on. Just setting them up in my room pushing and pulling them around to get the best LBIR SBIR...

Carl Freeland
replies: 26 views: 874
stripealipe 17 hours ago

Hi Forum members I've recently moved into a new room, it's very small and square shaped unfortunately: ~264cm x 262cm x...

replies: 17 views: 646
Fowleja 18 hours ago

I've seen this topic posted a bunch and i do understand that the general consensus is that it's better to have one...

replies: 3 views: 340
chrismeraz 19 hours ago

Hello gear slutz, I’m out in Uganda working with a studio, the main work in the past being beat making and working with...

replies: 3 views: 307
UltramegaOK 20 hours ago

Hi home studio building gurus :) I've been lurking for a while trying to get insights to treat my music room, and I would...

replies: 2 views: 246
UltramegaOK 20 hours ago

One my projects for this year is to make listening to music in my living room more enjoyable. The room is a 16 m² room (4,08 m...

replies: 5 views: 445
johannburkard 22 hours ago

Hi guys, Just wondering what types of bass trapping would most effectively absorb broadband low frequencies (as low as...

replies: 3 views: 343
DanDan 22 hours ago

Hi GS! I am about to begin building my new studio but I am really stumped about whether I should bother trying to soundproof...

replies: 56 views: 788
DanDan 1 day ago

UPDATE: I've linked all the images and mdata files instead of attaching them and that's confusing and not conventional for this...

replies: 8 views: 429
artsci2 1 day ago

Hi all. This it the room I have for my studio. Can you please help placing bass traps and acoustic panels for such room? I...

replies: 15 views: 409
Carl Freeland 1 day ago

I’m in the market for a ‘scatter plate’ that I can attach to an existing acoustic panel… only it seems this particular...

replies: 20 views: 727
nd33 1 day ago

So yeah, I just registered to post here. I’ve been reading you awesome people for years now and I have found multiple...

replies: 1 views: 261
Bushman 1 day ago

Hello! I'm biip and this is my first post even tho I'm using this forum as a voyager to learn stuff since ages now. So, I'm...

replies: 3 views: 309
biip 2 days ago

I want to build a nice control room. I want really good isolation because I don't want to disturb anyone or get disturbed. I...

replies: 0 views: 251
Bartolobartus 2 days ago

My studio is currently pretty decked out in treatment. Bass traps, Soffits, and a ceiling cloud over the mix position. The...

replies: 20 views: 595
akebrake 2 days ago

replies: 0 views: 214
PrittStick 3 days ago

I'm in the market for new housing in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I'm having a tremendously difficult time looking for a spot...

replies: 13 views: 375
Thomas W. Bethe 3 days ago

Hello everyone! I have just moved into a new room and I have some questions regarding treatment. It is a rectangular room...

replies: 1 views: 289
explorer 3 days ago

Im needing Something easy to take up and take down. Ive checked out Audimute, Ebay, and Markertek. Ive looked into moving...

replies: 65 views: 35,935
kichu 3 days ago

I've been able to find a source in the USA for Basotect 4'x8'x2" and also 4'x8'x1.5" It's not exactly cheap, but...

replies: 1 views: 261
DanDan 3 days ago

Hi! I was looking for led strip lights for my small studio build. Thinking 12 x 0,5m strips, something like this: USB...

replies: 0 views: 257
G-Sun 4 days ago

Hey ya'll. I'm a bit new here, but have been cruising the forums for years. After months of searching I have finally found a new...

replies: 12 views: 577
GeOMetrae 4 days ago

how can i alter the MLS sequence for a more reflective ratio? the MLS sequences i can find are all for 50% reflective / 50%...

replies: 4 views: 409
DanDan 4 days ago

I am in the process of searching a new flat/small house, where I can live with my family, have my home office and record and mix...

replies: 2 views: 247
Arseny 4 days ago

So I have been trying for a while now to think of a way to make a diffuser that would require as few power tools as possible and...

replies: 1 views: 289
UltramegaOK 4 days ago

Bass trap - In my small home studio I have bass traps in the corners where my monitors stands. I want to buy 2 more for the...

replies: 4 views: 329
DanDan 4 days ago

In the process of learning and actually building out my new space, I'm realizing I really enjoy this process a lot. I'd like to...

replies: 1 views: 240
DanDan 4 days ago

I have one main set of speakers and a second pair for reference. I have tried to place the main pair in the best position using...

replies: 0 views: 228
explorer 4 days ago
replies: 5 views: 539
DanDan 5 days ago

Hello folks I've read a few threads relating to LED's throughout studios and dimmable strips but wondering if any of you have...

Daz Boot
replies: 0 views: 244
Daz Boot 5 days ago
replies: - views: -
deedeeyeah 5 days ago
replies: 1 views: 256
Skol303 6 days ago

I'd like to wire up my room with armored / MC 12/2 where the live and neutral are twisted pair. Trouble is, I don't have a huge...

replies: 1 views: 217
MediaGary 6 days ago

Per the attached picture, I have a very non-rectangular room and just wanted to get some ideas for a mixing position and vocal...

replies: 0 views: 235
dykesh 6 days ago

I'm going to build some panels for my basement studio that I use to record drums. I thought I would start with the ceiling above...

replies: 2 views: 354
DanDan 6 days ago

Hey there, Facebook flooding with some adverts of Acoustic Panels Store. Friendly prices and nice pics, but no measurement...

replies: 29 views: 5,003
promiseone 6 days ago

Calculating a perforated panel trap to target around 173Hz Using the Multi Layer Absorption calculator I came up with...

Carl Freeland
replies: 6 views: 360
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

Im in the process of setting up my home studio....I was trying to see If I would be ok with my studio monitors facing the corner...

replies: 0 views: 245
AustinTaylor 1 week ago

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

replies: 42 views: 2,906
oddur 1 week ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search