The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 6,407
Northward 29th December 2019

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 328,484
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 308,615
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 114,120
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 251,541
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well. I just started revisiting acoustic treatments my project studio since we have to...

MinamiChan
replies: 1 views: 96
akebrake 30 minutes ago

EDIT: for some reason Gearslutz won't display my images, so I just put the links to imgur underneath. EDIT 2: Here's a link to...

disp
replies: 0 views: 12
disp 40 minutes ago

I had to move a basic setup to my home due to the Covid-19 crisis. That move was quite panicked and sort of sad too. Didn't want...

crimsonnoise
replies: 11 views: 204
crimsonnoise 1 hour ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 5 views: 1,005
drunmersteve 5 hours ago

Hi All, I just moved into a new apartment and am looking to create a writing/mixing room. The only room available to set up in...

gsunch
replies: 2 views: 186
gsunch 7 hours ago

Hi all, Last few weeks I've been intesively doing research on how to make a "soundproof" room. With all of the...

JeroenvD1993
replies: 16 views: 344
SkyWriter 7 hours ago

So now students are all captive in their homes we are still teaching them but remotely. Looking for ideas for acoustics...

Carl Freeland
replies: 17 views: 394
Wayne 8 hours ago

Hi all, Im sure im not the first to ask this and I won't be the last I rent an apartment and the room I make music in is small...

wndrchild
replies: 8 views: 131
Kyle P. Gushue 9 hours ago

Hi, I just moved to live/work in a new place which for my luck has a very spacious living room compared to what my previous had,...

chichanes
replies: 1 views: 108
thethrillfactor 10 hours ago

Hey guys.. I just did some new construction and bass trap building in my studio. My room is 10Lx11Wx8H. I have a before and...

GoochPie
replies: 40 views: 5,829
thethrillfactor 11 hours ago

Hi, I've done a self-build, floating floor, room-within-a-room 5.1 post production studio and while I managed to get my head...

D'Animation
replies: 28 views: 1,171
Bushman 16 hours ago

Hello, this is my first forum as i am a new member of the GearSlutz community. I am trying to isolate my vocal booth from the...

MilanM
replies: 1 views: 166
Jason Foi 18 hours ago

I'm designing a 1D QRD diffuser for my mixing room, to be placed on the rear wall. My room's dimensions are: 5.07 x 4.19 x 2.55 m...

doliveros
replies: 2 views: 184
Jason Foi 18 hours ago

You supposedly use an omni directional mic aimed at the ceiling at the listening position and this is supposedly going to measure...

camomiletea
replies: 3 views: 201
Jason Foi 19 hours ago

Hi People, After many months of researching, thread posting, reading, listening, building, measuring and analysing, I am now in...

mrfye17
replies: 0 views: 138
mrfye17 1 day ago

Is there an adjustable piece of kit which flashes a coloured light whenever un-safe dB levels are reached? Looking for a dB...

filmcomposer
replies: 3 views: 156
avare 1 day ago

As you can see I am new to this forum, I have been here a while grabbing good information as I go. I am in the process of...

RedTone
replies: 50 views: 4,218
RedTone 1 day ago

Hello everyone! my name is Eytukan, or Dan for short. :cowbell: I have finally joined the forum after lurking around for quite...

eytukan
replies: 15 views: 392
avare 1 day ago

Hi, As I'm moving to a new studio space soon, I have a design question regarding sound isolation: My last control room...

eymi
replies: 10 views: 297
avare 1 day ago

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the challenges of meeting acoustic expectations vs the aesthetics of the space people...

Carl Freeland
replies: 35 views: 1,245
andrebrito 1 day ago

I am about to order a pair of the Dynaudio Lyd48's https://www.dynaudio.com/professional-audio/lyd/lyd-48?c=black They are...

EpicEsquire
replies: 6 views: 219
Matti 2 days ago

Hi - Garage studio build in progress. My inner walls (& ceiling) will be decoupled from the studs using RSIC-1 clips +...

SYGNAL
replies: 12 views: 299
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hi guys. I’m receiving Sonarworks reference 4 in the Mail today and I’m wondering if I should close the closet door behind...

Thrillogy
replies: 1 views: 161
Starlight 2 days ago

Is this good enough for me to call myself an Acoustic Designer? Hello guys! i'm happy to share the before and after data of my...

Exprymer
replies: 26 views: 1,358
latestflavor 2 days ago

I really appreciate any insights. My goal is to achieve as close to optimal acoustics in the space that I have. I want my voice...

Dustin_Creator
replies: 0 views: 129
Dustin_Creator 2 days ago

Hey friends, I tried using the search tool to look for a similar room but couldn't quite find one that resembles mine. I would...

rodllag
replies: 10 views: 1,188
camacozie 3 days ago

Hello Guys, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I've been looking for important papers regarding Acoustics in order to expand...

Exprymer
replies: 7 views: 391
avare 4 days ago

HI everybody, im new here and seeking help and input. Im in an odd shaped room, trying to make it sound as good as it can. And...

inafool
replies: 4 views: 283
inafool 4 days ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,480 views: 302,338
Exprymer 4 days ago

Hi Ethan - Audiophile room I’ve put thick (4inch) 24 by 48 (gik ) panels at first reflection points. Ceiling front wall ...

HowardMil
replies: 35 views: 1,865
HowardMil 4 days ago

Can anyone recommend a decent dehumidifier in the UK? I have a 6m x 4m garden studio, no air con just in and out ventilation and...

jpmch
replies: 5 views: 789
paulocau 5 days ago

I'm helping a friend, and the only tool I have is Soundflow. His space is tiny, and the depth of insulation can't excess...

JayPee
replies: 8 views: 938
andrebrito 5 days ago

So after years of focusing somewhat more on function than form, I decided that I would begin the process of upgrading some of the...

stringsibanez
replies: 50 views: 4,848
JayPee 5 days ago

Hey I'm building now a new home studio and just found out the ceiling is drywall with 2 wooden beems down the length :( above...

sound joe
replies: 2 views: 248
sound joe 5 days ago

Hi all, I know most stuff posted here is related to small room acoustics and studio construction but I wanted to share a work I...

andrebrito
replies: 18 views: 457
andrebrito 5 days ago

Down here in Texas we are meeting with the architects design our new 4500 sq ft recording studio. I want to achieve maximum...

MariusPerron
replies: 29 views: 573
avare 5 days ago

Friend has built me some panels, rockwool 2 feet x 4 feet and 50mm thick. Now he also built me a cloud, exactly the same but...

Mix2Master
replies: 13 views: 902
andrebrito 6 days ago

Hello, I had an idea for a spoken word space. The goal is to cut down room reverb by a lot. 1. put the space in the corner of...

gearstudent
replies: 5 views: 294
SkyWriter 6 days ago

Hi there, I’m just in the process of reorganising the power distribution for my home studio equipment. As my setup has...

Nanco
replies: 6 views: 373
SkyWriter 6 days ago

Hi Peeps Hope you can help me! I've been looking into building some new traps for early reflection points for a while, I...

Barney1981
replies: 20 views: 2,114
Jason Foi 6 days ago

Are there any available Frequency Response or REW files from professional studios or well build studios? I'm working on my...

nycruz
replies: 15 views: 694
RyanC 6 days ago

hello I created an almost hexagonal vocal booth as in the image that I have attached. Inside I filled all the walls and the...

grignacarbo
replies: 57 views: 1,378
grignacarbo 6 days ago

Hi there freshflowe My girlfriend just bought a second hand Desone S:BOX Practice booth, so she can sing and record inside it...

Rentzen
replies: 18 views: 580
avare 6 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm wondering about the design of the back wall diffuser in the control room of Electric Lady Studio A, seen in...

MattMatthews
replies: 1 views: 356
andrebrito 1 week ago

Hi I read that a vocal booth with a frequency response and a decay flat is boring. I created a vocal booth with a fairly flat...

grignacarbo
replies: 14 views: 591
andrebrito 1 week ago

I'm having trouble finding definitive information on whether GFCIs are adequate for protecting studio gear or if truly grounded...

kaleida
replies: 12 views: 381
SkyWriter 1 week ago

Hi, I'm looking for a desk, but I either find some far too expensive to my taste, or too small. I would like to have my 2...

AcideMatt
replies: 6 views: 869
Sry 1 week ago

So I'm building a mixing studio but I'm not sure if my space is adequate for the job. Here are some pictures of the space and...

Balkan
replies: 5 views: 381
johannburkard 1 week ago

Anyone test/had these two or one of them? Any thoughts? Looking at purchasing either, cannot test without buying.. Or maybe...

ejr01
replies: 2 views: 308
Jason Foi 1 week ago

There - I said it. I feel better. I've been turning a disaster of a home project studio situation into something that is starting...

rparker
replies: 64 views: 4,282
HamburgerFactory 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search