The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 6,648
Northward 29th December 2019

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 329,467
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 309,473
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 114,272
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 252,359
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

So I’m trying to better soundproof one room in an apartment. I’m willing to spend a little money on it, but I’m not...

Hell0IamMike
replies: 4 views: 78
edva 26 minutes ago

Hi Fellow Slutz! I'm just doing some research on how best to set up the crossover points for a high pass on the mains and low...

blayz2002
replies: 1 views: 70
Jason Foi 1 hour ago

Hi, I just secured a location for my studio. I'm a little nervous because i'm not as seasoned on the studio design side as i'd...

Dwayne89mix
replies: 0 views: 48
Dwayne89mix 2 hours ago

Besides audio equipment, is there anything in your home studio that you would recommend? A particular table, a cup holder, a...

Friedfingaz
replies: 13 views: 319
Starlight 4 hours ago

High guys, About three weeks ago I almost fully covered my rear wall with stonewool (10 packages). I have actually placed the...

radioactivity
replies: 66 views: 16,470
atman 4 hours ago

I have corners and first reflection points covered, but have 2 spare bass traps :) Is it beneficial to put these against the...

alligatorlizard
replies: 22 views: 958
Mike's Mix Room 5 hours ago

Hi Guys I have a one room studio, and I love it. The only problem I have is that the drum kit, acoustic guitars and the piano,...

Rythm'BackStudio
replies: 0 views: 50
Rythm'BackStudio 5 hours ago

Hi Im building some Bass traps and thinking about what to do with the fabric. I would like to have the frame visible and have...

mattias78
replies: 4 views: 207
mattias78 9 hours ago

You supposedly use an omni directional mic aimed at the ceiling at the listening position and this is supposedly going to measure...

camomiletea
replies: 9 views: 397
RyanC 9 hours ago

Hi, I started a build of just acoustic treatment. It's not that far in, just started. And I just learned I will have neighbors...

studiobuild
replies: 1 views: 111
Starlight 13 hours ago

Okay so the last time I posted, everyone was basically telling me I was a moronic piece of **** for not installing a ventilation...

agentgfunk
replies: 15 views: 288
agentgfunk 14 hours ago

My studio is a small upstairs loft attic room. It's dimensions are very irregular. Been using it for years and it is as well bass...

Moondog007
replies: 3 views: 127
Moondog007 15 hours ago

hi guys Just completed my studio build I have outside wall made from heavy blocks and inside in stud wall made from 2x6...

Crobexx
replies: 7 views: 297
Crobexx 18 hours ago

My architect asked me if my planned walls were fire rated... See three attached jpg files (my walls will be 2 x 6 studs, not 2 x...

MariusPerron
replies: 17 views: 278
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hi!! First post :D Firstly: attached are pics of my room as well as a roughly to scale overhead plan, one blank and one with...

Longbottom Leaf
replies: 2 views: 133
edva 1 day ago

Hello. I'm not entirely sure what I'm wondering about, but I guess it could be summarized to that I want to ask if anyone has...

Deleted 5072d97
replies: 39 views: 2,471
m1m_momt 1 day ago

Is this good enough for me to call myself an Acoustic Designer? Hello guys! i'm happy to share the before and after data of my...

Exprymer
replies: 30 views: 1,612
mattias78 1 day ago

Hello everyone I live in an apartment. I am not able to treat the room to make the acoustics good. Also, I don't want to spend...

MRAP
replies: 2 views: 130
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

This is not a studio issue specifically and I hope it's ok to post this here. I come to you sagely sages of sound proofing...

HamBone
replies: 2 views: 109
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hello Folks. I`d like to share my "project studio" build with you guys, and would appreciate your help and expertise...

DeweyTheDrummer
replies: 0 views: 103
DeweyTheDrummer 1 day ago

I had to move a basic setup to my home due to the Covid-19 crisis. That move was quite panicked and sort of sad too. Didn't want...

crimsonnoise
replies: 34 views: 879
SkyWriter 1 day ago

Hi all, I have a room 7.7m long and 3m width and the ceiling height is 2.5m. I want to use it for mixing. Any advice on...

Carl1988
replies: 3 views: 170
Jason Foi 1 day ago

I am about to order a pair of the Dynaudio Lyd48's https://www.dynaudio.com/professional-audio/lyd/lyd-48?c=black They are...

EpicEsquire
replies: 7 views: 348
TheLastByte 1 day ago

Can anyone recommend a decent dehumidifier in the UK? I have a 6m x 4m garden studio, no air con just in and out ventilation and...

jpmch
replies: 7 views: 924
TheLastByte 1 day ago

Hi, So I am considering constructing/buying a small booth purely for isolation purposes and purely for vocal takes/recording....

lonvoc
replies: 4 views: 189
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

Below is the freq response of my two speakers. The obvious problem is that every time I hear the bass disappear at 75HZ. What is...

Felix233
replies: 8 views: 358
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

Hi there! Anyone had any luck with using floor standing absorbers for treating first reflections? I've been converting my...

Kid_Fiction
replies: 12 views: 335
johndykstra 2 days ago

Recently acquired a bunch of foam and bass traps from a church that was just throwing them away. I have about 20 of these 2x2s...

Nightmare Circus
replies: 1 views: 150
johndykstra 2 days ago

Hi all, Last few weeks I've been intesively doing research on how to make a "soundproof" room. With all of the...

JeroenvD1993
replies: 46 views: 929
JeroenvD1993 2 days ago

EDIT: for some reason Gearslutz won't display my images, so I just put the links to imgur underneath. EDIT 2: Here's a link to...

disp
replies: 10 views: 396
disp 2 days ago

Hi everybody, I'm really young and I have a home studio to record songs, but it's really small so there is a lot of echo in the...

Edobajo
replies: 1 views: 181
andrebrito 2 days ago

Hi - I'm looking at the various ways to treat my basement ceiling. Height is an issue and I do not want to lose...

once a roadie
replies: 9 views: 5,923
Burstwurst 2 days ago

Hello everyone! my name is Eytukan, or Dan for short. :cowbell: I have finally joined the forum after lurking around for quite...

eytukan
replies: 19 views: 652
Starlight 2 days ago

Hi, I just moved to live/work in a new place which for my luck has a very spacious living room compared to what my previous had,...

chichanes
replies: 5 views: 287
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hello, this is my first forum as i am a new member of the GearSlutz community. I am trying to isolate my vocal booth from the...

MilanM
replies: 11 views: 410
Bushman 3 days ago

Hi Guys, I have been searching this topic, but not much success :) I recently started building a recording/practice room for...

mbicca
replies: 0 views: 143
mbicca 3 days ago

Hey everyone :) I'd like to treat my home studio and make the room sound better for mixing and recording. My flat's very...

Sexy Beast
replies: 5 views: 313
Sexy Beast 3 days ago

I am pulling my hair out here, please advise. The situation: - Rackmounted Scarlett 18i20. - Rackmounted Samson S-Patch plus,...

submute
replies: 0 views: 125
submute 3 days ago

Hey guys, I wired a wall plate to pass through into my vocal booth, and there's a low-level buzz being introduced. It's two...

AldenW
replies: 1 views: 160
AldenW 3 days ago

Hello, I have a 23L X 16W X 9'H studio over my garage. I've built several QRD's and soft panel absorbers, but hadn't done any...

arsonculture
replies: 8 views: 318
thethrillfactor 3 days ago

Thanks in advance for any insights. I record YouTube videos in my 14x12ft bedroom studio. I have about 110 square feet of 2 inch...

Dustin_Creator
replies: 3 views: 197
Bushman 3 days ago

In addition to having 5 bales of insulation in trihedral corners, i have some foam bass traps in some other trihedral corners due...

Dustin_Creator
replies: 1 views: 183
andrebrito 3 days ago

Hi People, After many months of researching, thread posting, reading, listening, building, measuring and analysing, I am now in...

mrfye17
replies: 15 views: 400
mrfye17 3 days ago

Mostly just proud of this and needed someone to show it to. Moved into a new house, and long story short, the room that was to...

RockstarWizkidd
replies: 9 views: 356
RockstarWizkidd 4 days ago

Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well. I just started revisiting acoustic treatments my project studio since we have to...

MinamiChan
replies: 6 views: 333
MinamiChan 4 days ago

Hi All, I just moved into a new apartment and am looking to create a writing/mixing room. The only room available to set up in...

gsunch
replies: 4 views: 337
Carl Freeland 4 days ago

So I started this project at christmas. There will be 3 rooms, Control Room (2,605 m high, 2,64 m wide, 3,65 m long) Live...

RobinJacobsson
replies: 3 views: 544
RobinJacobsson 4 days ago

Is there an adjustable piece of kit which flashes a coloured light whenever un-safe dB levels are reached? Looking for a dB...

filmcomposer
replies: 12 views: 393
andrebrito 4 days ago

Hi, I've done a self-build, floating floor, room-within-a-room 5.1 post production studio and while I managed to get my head...

D'Animation
replies: 30 views: 1,448
KelbyVP 5 days ago

Looking to add a couple guitar cab iso booths. Just wondering how small I can make them without causing a lot of issues. They...

NL5
replies: 0 views: 185
NL5 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search