The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 226 views: 297,672
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 108,602
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 80 views: 286,428
sicfigure 20th February 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 227,373
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi all. I think I need a bit support to improve my room acoustics. The room measures 3.7m (L) x 3.2m (W) x 2.7m (H) The...

Open Mind
replies: 1 views: 46
robert82 34 minutes ago

Hi guys, I've recently moved house, and as such I have moved my studio setup. I'm in a cube room at the moment. I know that...

Trusko
replies: 33 views: 781
robert82 40 minutes ago

Hi all. I'm working on potential designs for my inner leaf. Due to previous construction and a number of other factors, my...

thechrisl
replies: 2 views: 89
thechrisl 2 hours ago

Hi all - long-time lurker, first time poster. After years and years, I've finally decided to turn our spare family room into a...

TheCarlough
replies: 1 views: 143
Jason Foi 3 hours ago

Hello Everyone, Excited to be here as I begin my new journey in this newly rented apartment. Hope to use this post as a great...

recaro19
replies: 97 views: 3,529
Soundman2020 7 hours ago

Hey all, I'm a long time reader of this board - first time posting. I'm in the middle of constructing a new dedicated...

Anthony Mathile
replies: 5 views: 699
bert stoltenborg 9 hours ago

Has anyone here used REW and other software. How does it compare? Please share your experiences as I am looking for an...

eljefe
replies: 3 views: 373
bert stoltenborg 10 hours ago

In a sticky in this forum it said that the FR is less important but I want to know why and if this is the case? I posted my...

camomiletea
replies: 132 views: 2,308
sage691 10 hours ago

Hello all I have made my first acoustic measurements of my room (5 meters long, 3 meters wide, 2.2 meters height in front of...

gedna
replies: 19 views: 811
bert stoltenborg 10 hours ago

Hey! I am working as a live sound engineer. Computer+audio interface+measurement mic worked very well, but I need smaller things...

Comet
replies: 1 views: 279
Soundman2020 10 hours ago

Hi there, I have a lot of trouble with upstairs neighbours – heavy footsteps, kids running, furniture moving, doors banging,...

happycamper
replies: 1 views: 308
Soundman2020 10 hours ago

Can anyone verify if ROCKWOOL Safe N Silent Pro is actually same as Roxul Safe N Sound but rebranded? I have a deal for the...

prorenzo
replies: 0 views: 189
prorenzo 12 hours ago

Hi everyone! Now that I have the opportunity to use a room for music production purposes exclusively, I'd like to do some...

knobsnfaders
replies: 25 views: 683
knobsnfaders 18 hours ago

Hi Gearslutz! I've recently moved into a new place and want to build my studio in this room. The whole room is about 140 sq ft...

lifescrazy
replies: 0 views: 379
lifescrazy 1 day ago

Hello everybody, This is a new thread for an improved diffusive small control room acoustic design for surround and stereo...

boggy
replies: 148 views: 23,233
tzahov 1 day ago

Hi community Since some days i try find some research of how to calculate the dynamic stiffness of the air-spring between a...

mikahanau
replies: 21 views: 563
bert stoltenborg 1 day ago

Hey All, About to move my own mixing setup into a new space in East London/Hackney. Stoked to finally have a proper blank...

AlexK
replies: 1 views: 621
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hi everyone! I am building a couple of Helmholtz-resonators to adress the problem around 50Hz that is shown in the attachment....

hankg82
replies: 4 views: 561
hankg82 2 days ago

As you can see I am new to this forum, I have been here a while grabbing good information as I go. I am in the process of...

RedTone
replies: 29 views: 1,922
Starlight 2 days ago

Hello, I am building my new room. And want to get it treated. I'm aware of the mirror trick to find first reflections on the...

sergioelectro
replies: 13 views: 630
Arthur Stone 2 days ago

Hi Guys! I finaly found a new place for building a new recording place. The place is in one piece - size: H:6m x W:8m x L:16m ....

danchi
replies: 1 views: 512
danchi 2 days ago

Hey Slutz, need some advice, on a new studio build. We have a free standing building on 5 acres, in the country. 24' x 48' with...

Gunadoo
replies: 16 views: 574
Gunadoo 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I am embarking on a project to build a lightly acoustically treated bedroom studio, and would like to have some...

prorenzo
replies: 0 views: 620
prorenzo 2 days ago

I was watching this video of an interesting studio build in a room with a concrete floor. At this point, he wanted to install...

thechrisl
replies: 2 views: 510
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hi all slutz :-)! I just bought the Sonarworks XREF 20 Measurement Mic. I have some questions about how the measurements works....

Mr Zorro
replies: 10 views: 524
over-man 3 days ago

Hi guys, I'm definitely not new to the forums and I'm sure some of you may have seen my posts here a few times, but I'm no expert...

VenVile
replies: 8 views: 591
Bushman 3 days ago

I am looking for a chair that is comfortable for long recording or mixing sessions and that also has arms that move or swivel...

Cuzzin Chizzy
replies: 60 views: 38,801
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hi I was wondering if some knowledgeable acoustics person could answer a very straightforward question. If I have a completely...

camomiletea
replies: 10 views: 667
Soundman2020 4 days ago

Hey guys, I want to properly treat my room for vocal recording & mixing. I usually record my vocals from my desk using a...

hyperfacex
replies: 3 views: 396
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Tell me, how many of you have rearranged your keyboards / synths because you realized they worked well together. And then...

geob
replies: 2 views: 376
geob 4 days ago

Hi all, I think I need a little bit support to improve my room acoustics. Here's the room with the table and possible speaker...

Lilith
replies: 51 views: 2,447
Lilith 4 days ago

Hello there, I recently bought a Krk Ergo for my studio. Installed it, and felt it really did a good job. The low end sounded...

Coenie
replies: 32 views: 8,084
jaro_simek 4 days ago

I want to buy these foams to reduce reflections in my room. There used to be a bed behind me but not anymore so I feel...

musiclover_gol
replies: 9 views: 506
JayPee 5 days ago

Hello, I moved to a new space and measured this big rectangular room with my measurement mic. The room is 6 meters long, 5...

breakline
replies: 7 views: 470
JayPee 5 days ago

Over the past several weeks I've been experimenting with different layouts and have ended up on what I believe is the best that I...

formula428
replies: 21 views: 887
akebrake 5 days ago

Hello! I been struggling to find good placement for my studio monitor setup and decided to ask help here. My room has a...

100rikz
replies: 7 views: 471
johannburkard 6 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on this sub. I'm an amateur singer/songwriter/musician who is finally able to build a...

RingoNick
replies: 7 views: 454
Starlight 6 days ago

I have a rather strong (+10 dB) axial 002 mode between floor and ceiling (height 250cm) at 137.5 Hz. I put a 12cm Sonorock panel...

Lilith
replies: - views: -
Soundman2020 1 week ago

Hello! I have an all wood laminate-walled, floored, and ceiling’d room (dims: 26’ x 14.5’ x 8’) that I want to turn into...

patrick1
replies: 14 views: 636
Jason Foi 1 week ago

Hello you all A quick question before I start and try to fix my unfixable room (more on this a future thread): should I...

BrunoD
replies: 2 views: 427
BrunoD 1 week ago

I've been working in this basement project studio space for quite a long time, and I've never been quite satisfied with the way I...

nightchef
replies: 5 views: 571
nightchef 1 week ago

Hello everyone, I have a place for making sound, i don’t want a proper home studio (regarding the scale of the room, i think...

Jimee
replies: 2 views: 417
Jimee 1 week ago

Hey guys! I just finished building my studio in Nashville, and it was done professionally with giant fiberglass bass traps...

MaxRubel
replies: 3 views: 496
zakarot 1 week ago

The mission is possible. My studio is finished.Almost flat response from top to bottom.Really no joke here.

angel72bg
replies: 8 views: 595
angel72bg 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
bert stoltenborg 1 week ago

I've just finished building the framework for my four corner Superchunks. They are 600mm deep from the very corner of the room to...

Reeeve1
replies: 6 views: 565
avare 1 week ago

I have (perhaps) a moderately unique room layout. I am in a basement that runs the length of the house and have half of that...

colehooey
replies: 3 views: 571
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

I'm setting up a two-room space on the second floor of my house for mixing purposes. I'll have an office desk and some books in...

pepper05
replies: 5 views: 545
Soundman2020 1 week ago

Hi, Yet another thread from me, trying to figure out what property to purchase for home and studio. Understand that I do NOT...

Poopypants
replies: 5 views: 475
Poopypants 1 week ago

Hi all - I'm going to build a booth at my house to track vocals and acoustic instruments. I work for a company that uses...

zydeceltico
replies: 2 views: 649
zydeceltico 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search