The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 104,617
Jens Eklund 4 weeks ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 80 views: 277,853
sicfigure 20th February 2019

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 287,212
neopl 27th September 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 221,505
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

G'day guys. My apologies in advance as a few of the guys that I have read fairly knowledgeable responses from in previous...

CaptainBuff
replies: 2 views: 262
avare 33 minutes ago

It's light, open on the ends, free standing and portable. Any reason it would not be good for a back wall bass trap if filled...

AudioWonderland
replies: 0 views: 119
AudioWonderland 8 hours ago

First of all, hello everyone! My name is Daniel. I want to start creating some educational material about acoustics, music,...

SoothsayerRec
replies: 6 views: 293
AudioWonderland 8 hours ago

Hello, for those of you who do not know, I have been in the process of converting part of my home's 2 car garage into a small...

Jason Foi
replies: 45 views: 1,266
Jason Foi 8 hours ago

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of treating my bedroom studio and would appreciate some advice! I'll start off with some...

Aetherialdnb
replies: 20 views: 566
Aetherialdnb 10 hours ago

Last month, I was pretty shocked because quite a few blokes in this forum do not understand "the modes". I said that...

ignorant
replies: 0 views: 216
ignorant 1 day ago

Hi! i moved and now i have neighbours behind one wall. Sadly i cant build a room in room construction to effectively proof my...

EgoSchiele
replies: 6 views: 378
pencilextremist 1 day ago

Does anyone here have any experience with these panels? At half the price of the GIK Acoustic panels, im just curious....

MERC476
replies: 1 views: 302
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hi Everyone, I've been a long-time lurker but this is my inaugural post here in the acoustics section. I am a...

rmccam
replies: 2 views: 302
lynngraber 1 day ago

Hi slutz, Just moved to a top floor flat with neighbors either side. Room has possibly the worst acoustics I've heard....

macb3th
replies: 3 views: 466
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hi. Firstly apologies for an extremely dull question but this one has me slightly flummoxed. I'm building a studio within an...

C247
replies: 0 views: 244
C247 1 day ago

Hi everyone, im currently in the design stages of building a little corner booth to be able to have some better isolation for...

Thearch
replies: 0 views: 255
Thearch 2 days ago

New University of Washington study, Aeronautics and Astronautics Dept, presented in Berlin...some interesting findings...

slackstallion
replies: 17 views: 9,054
saddison3516 2 days ago

Hi all. Please forgive any naivety here, this is my first post, i have done some scanning around but nothing has quite answered...

Chrisnick
replies: 9 views: 589
matthehatmcvitie 2 days ago

Hi- I have a 17x23 foot live room with 9 foot ceiling. I just got a whole bunch (30 pieces) of 2" seemingly...

twonky
replies: 4 views: 289
jerry123 3 days ago

Apologies in advance for dull nature of the question! Does anyone have any recommendations for removable adhesive...

drumting
replies: 2 views: 263
Lumbergh 3 days ago

I'm moving into a new house in a few weeks. I've been to it, but it's a 5-hour drive so I can't get measurements right now. I'd...

drsoundsmith
replies: 6 views: 369
drsoundsmith 3 days ago
replies: 0 views: 215
Skwid inc. 3 days ago

HI all, does anybody know how to get in touch with George Augspurger? Thnx Zed Smon

Zmago Šmon
replies: 3 views: 355
Zmago Šmon 3 days ago

Hi :-) I own a couple of small Klein & Hummel M 52 speakers, that I use for my tiny minimalistic home studio setup. They are...

Rentzen
replies: 11 views: 363
microwave 3 days ago

Edit: This is the finished inside. -------------------------- Original First Post: The time has come. I need to build...

MontyMakesMusic
replies: 120 views: 12,702
MontyMakesMusic 4 days ago

I’ve worked in studios full time my whole life but never built a professional home studio. Pops and I are building our own...

jml designs
replies: 22 views: 692
RyanC 4 days ago

I have been doing as much research as possible on building my own bass traps and panels, but the more i research the more i...

AMBEDO
replies: 1 views: 235
Bushman 4 days ago

Sterling Sound did a video about their new facilities that were finished a few months ago. Can't say enough good things about...

Northward
replies: 30 views: 1,184
dinococcus 4 days ago

Hi I got my small room with some rockwool panels I've build, recently I add more 5cm rockwool panels to my 10cm rockwool panels...

kfir26
replies: 12 views: 664
johnnyc 4 days ago

Hey guys Looking to order some of these bass traps as they have good local distribution and seem to suit the application well...

infernouk
replies: 9 views: 835
rostopchin 4 days ago

Below are three frequency responce graphs for the same...

RoadToNever
replies: 58 views: 6,213
howardellison 4 days ago

So i've been mixing on headphones and i really feel the need of buying a pair of monitors but since my room is small i don't know...

pablometal
replies: 3 views: 295
johannburkard 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I've been reading a lot of info here and doing various treatments to my room, moving monitors and listening...

Dryza
replies: 19 views: 873
dinococcus 4 days ago

I am considering what to do with my control room. The room is approximately 9x11 with an 8' ceiling. Plaster walls and...

AudioWonderland
replies: 3 views: 364
thermal 4 days ago

hello friends, I currently have my room well treated with gik traps, I'm looking for a dsp solution to place crossovers and eqs...

victoredmundo
replies: 3 views: 397
victoredmundo 5 days ago

I'm currently putting together two large corner traps for my back wall. They are roughly 45 cm wide, 175 cm tall (limited height...

thermal
replies: 17 views: 619
thermal 5 days ago

I would love to learn more about real wood paneling, real wood planking, real wood boards etc, with respect to adding it to the...

replies: 93 views: 33,884
xaMdaM 5 days ago

As I have been a regular here for quite a few years I feel like some of you have become great internet friends. This is for...

Starlight
replies: 6 views: 416
henryrobinett 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I might need some help with defining problems in my new room's acoustics. Before I moved here I have made plan for...

ihavelostmykeys
replies: 1 views: 243
Soundman2020 5 days ago

I am planning to build a small mixing room inside of an asymmetrical, larger room that is difficult to soundproof or treat. I've...

mtsyas
replies: 37 views: 1,190
Soundman2020 5 days ago

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but since there are no rehearsal studio forums here, I thought maybe...

DanGo
replies: 1 views: 267
DanGo 5 days ago

I just measured my studio with REW and need to know what the I'm seeing. I have 7 bass traps, 4 acoustic panels and 2 diffusers...

crescentmoon
replies: 6 views: 387
johannburkard 6 days ago

Hi, I just moved to a new flat and am wondering whether it makes sense to try some treatment or if it is too tough and I should...

yentz
replies: 20 views: 646
yentz 6 days ago

Whats up dawgs, long time no post. I have a set up at a current build where there are multiple rooms, windows are not an...

Owens
replies: 0 views: 236
Owens 1 week ago

On the rear panels of many studio monitors, including my LSR308's, there are pots or switches related to LF and HF trims. The...

M.Retra
replies: 8 views: 414
Soundman2020 1 week ago

How would you judge this treatment? I can hear the echo and very loud room noises, yet I can see the perforated walls over...

AlanWalk
replies: 3 views: 372
Bushman 1 week ago

My kid's old mattress is a fairly dense organic cotton, 2 layers x 2" each. See attached image. Can I repurpose these as...

vladmalik
replies: 3 views: 551
llinacruise1467 1 week ago

How the heck can I upgrade to the full version? So I purchased Dirac Live last august, the standard stereo version. Now id...

Kimotei
replies: 11 views: 752
Kimotei 1 week ago

Hello, ive been looking around on this forum and have found some posts about studio being in the corner of the room. Its not a...

Smit
replies: 1 views: 326
boggy 1 week ago

I am in the process of building out our basement for my studio. I have the benefit of very high ceilings (12ft) and a wide L...

TheHolyMountain
replies: 2 views: 326
TheHolyMountain 1 week ago

Hello everyone ! First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my message. I post message for two reasons....

w0xx
replies: 2 views: 349
w0xx 1 week ago

Hello, Sorry if this question has been asked a million times but I couldn't find info on this. I got the ECM8000 in today for...

Aaron Rash
replies: 73 views: 21,423
Skol303 1 week ago

i've seen a couple of questions here regarding how to tune helmholtz resonators. i think those are very easy to build & tune...

karumba
replies: 99 views: 54,169
mirochandler 1 week ago

My favorite record of all time is Clarity by Jimmy Eat World. It doesn’t sound anything like their other records imo. I’m...

Norco19
replies: 3 views: 417
Glamrock80 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search