The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 309,049
MPC_MAN 4 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 0 views: 1,430
Northward 4 weeks ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 294,791
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 110,998
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 235,857
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi there, what happens (in terms of physics and acoustics) if we have a porous absorber that is covered with a limp membrane, or...

Hannes_F
replies: 32 views: 748
Kyle P. Gushue 3 hours ago

In the application of a decoupled wall, in which soundproofing may be made worse at the resonance frequency and below, can this...

indy1298
replies: 13 views: 241
Jason Foi 4 hours ago

I know that a lot of people like using a mirror and finding the first reflection point that way, but I'm curious if there's a...

Mike Caffrey
replies: 12 views: 230
Jason Foi 5 hours ago

This forum is full of people looking to improve the acoustics of their rooms. I've seen a lot of bedrooms, L-shaped rooms and...

johannburkard
replies: 1 views: 118
Starlight 11 hours ago

Hi all! Major thanks to all of the talented sounders who've generously shared their knowledge. I've been working on my control...

withintheflux
replies: 11 views: 323
RyanC 12 hours ago

hello I ordered a study furniture from the website acoustic-panels.eu, after the delay of one month and after several request...

grignacarbo
replies: 35 views: 3,204
edopell 15 hours ago

Does anyone have any experience using these to insulate your room? I'm using a rehearsal space as a studio and I'm looking for...

usef
replies: 5 views: 305
avare 17 hours ago

What are the thoughts on this stuff?

retiredstudio
replies: 1 views: 95
Starlight 17 hours ago

Hi All! Last week i finished my panel on the back wall. My goal was to absorb some bass decay, but after doing some...

Davo013
replies: 0 views: 94
Davo013 23 hours ago

Last year, I treated my 16 m² room with GIK panels. What I did helped a lot and I may invest some more there but the problems...

johannburkard
replies: 52 views: 2,476
johannburkard 1 day ago

I started to build some bass traps and broadband absorbers (RFZ) for my until now untreated room. Just thought I might share some...

Mark Alpine
replies: 3 views: 654
johannburkard 1 day ago

I have started treating room and before I became aware of membranes I had put up some bass traps in corners, absorbing full...

keenly
replies: 2 views: 1,204
mahlergod 1 day ago

Hey, I just bought the Studiobricks One Plus Vocal booth (inside dimensions) 0,90 x 1,50 x 2,10:...

xmasdy
replies: 0 views: 158
xmasdy 1 day ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,465 views: 292,498
zui 1 day ago

Hi, I started working on my studio acoustics. I bought 4 bass traps of "LENARD Auralex". it didn't make any...

oorishema
replies: 0 views: 142
oorishema 1 day ago

Hey folks, Recently got very very obsessed with all aspects of music production (I am leaning more towards Dance music such as...

dreamerzz
replies: 4 views: 256
dreamerzz 1 day ago

Hi. I have a new room. It is 4x3'8x3 meters. It is totally dead in highs and lows but have a lot of low frequency...

just_manu
replies: 3 views: 259
Jonney 2 days ago

every few years update my setup. think the time is arriving soon.. Ive been toying with the idea to flush/soffit my ATC...

Jonney
replies: 0 views: 145
Jonney 2 days ago

Hi All My room height is taller than my 2 bass traps stood end to end so there is a gap of about 1ft. Am I better to stand the...

Fowleja
replies: 3 views: 325
Fowleja 2 days ago

Just posted a new article/vid on Powering Music with the Sun:...

PIUMA
replies: 0 views: 148
PIUMA 2 days ago

I created an article and video on Building an Eco-Friendly Recording Studio. Hope this helps anyone who wants to build a...

PIUMA
replies: 33 views: 1,933
PIUMA 2 days ago

Hey, I know there are a bunch of similar threads, some of which I have read, but as every room and project is slightly...

PeerSoe
replies: 10 views: 473
Bushman 2 days ago

Considering the following scenario: noise source | 1/2" drywall | 2x4 stud wall + insulation | two layers of 5/8"...

nsfx
replies: 8 views: 256
avare 3 days ago

Building a wall against our side of a brick partition wall. The plan was to put 2x3 framing metal studs with 2" of soundrock...

qwertyjjj
replies: 5 views: 367
qwertyjjj 3 days ago

Hi everyone. Hopefuly the title will atract the attention of the company. I placed an order in august for about 400 euros...

j.frad
replies: 0 views: 154
j.frad 3 days ago

So after years of focusing somewhat more on function than form, I decided that I would begin the process of upgrading some of the...

stringsibanez
replies: 26 views: 1,930
ths61 4 days ago

my studio space is a bit unusual. at the back is an opening leading to a powder room, no door, just wide open. Also, the ceiling...

Dave.R
replies: 5 views: 421
Dave.R 4 days ago

Hi there, I'm in the process of setting up a room in my apartment to mix my band's album, and my stereo image is about 15...

dannyboi
replies: 6 views: 305
Jens Eklund 4 days ago

Working on a studio build with two very talented engineers however a fundamental question about sound transmission has come...

jml designs
replies: 11 views: 603
jml designs 4 days ago

Hello everyone! So I'm in the process of setting up my room for editing and mixing purposes. Its a 10Lx10Wx8H room, yes...

91sound
replies: 2 views: 287
Soundman2020 4 days ago

I produce and mix all my stuff in my bedroom, and I've always used my two 5" speakers very close to me (60 cm to...

thelessiknowtheb
replies: 6 views: 433
Soundman2020 4 days ago

Hi, I'm from sweden so you have to apologize my english. I've just learned how to use rew. the cinema room is 4.6m long and 3.6m...

Anttoon
replies: 2 views: 283
Anttoon 4 days ago

Hey, (sry for my english) I just bought a new vocal booth, the Studiobricks One Plus. The inside dimensions are 3 x 5 ft...

xmasdy
replies: 1 views: 230
Starlight 5 days ago

Hello, New in this forum, looking forward to have a great journey here and to learn. we have a room in our house...

Nakajun
replies: 1 views: 190
johannburkard 5 days ago

Like many of us I have found myself in a box room. With weird angles. A door in a tricky spot. A window in a tricky spot. And...

djedga
replies: 10 views: 1,070
djedga 5 days ago

I think I remember reading somewhere around here someone had used a Sonex foam, but I can't remember if they provided any results...

logjamparty
replies: 11 views: 1,335
rparker 5 days ago

Hi all, I think I need a little bit support to improve my room acoustics. Here's the room with the table and possible speaker...

Lilith
replies: 56 views: 3,482
Lilith 6 days ago

Hi everybody! Question is as title suggests. Recently moved into a new apartment, setting up my living room to be a...

itswintertime
replies: 0 views: 171
itswintertime 6 days ago

Hi, I'm hoping some of you might be able to share some wisdom with me. My wife and I are building an addition onto our house....

mahler007
replies: 2 views: 239
mahler007 6 days ago

Hi room acoustic experts, in order to improve my bedroom to create a home studio for recording and mixing (located in Germany),...

AudioTom2
replies: 5 views: 533
AudioTom2 6 days ago

Hi All, Just looking for a bit of knowledge and help with my situation. I am new to the UK, from Canada originally and was not...

indy1298
replies: 1 views: 272
Jens Eklund 1 week ago

I built some panels with closed backs last year that hold 2 layers of Roxul Safe N Sound. I’ve mounted then directly to the...

monkeymanx
replies: 6 views: 347
Bakelite 1 week ago

I'm currently renovating a space for a mixing studio. The space is about 10.5 x 21 with 8 foot 2 ceilings. I have Roxul safe...

Drakaland
replies: 2 views: 255
Drakaland 1 week ago

Working on different ideas for this new control room. The basics question... Will the window on left wall and the diffusor on...

spiderman
replies: 2 views: 254
spiderman 1 week ago

There - I said it. I feel better. I've been turning a disaster of a home project studio situation into something that is starting...

rparker
replies: 17 views: 1,275
rparker 1 week ago

Hi, I have a small room - 3mx2m and a high ceiling which is 2.5m. I put auralex wadges around key points in the room and it...

oorishema
replies: 9 views: 334
Jens Eklund 1 week ago

The only acoustical engineer I knew was Dan Smith here but he passed away is there anyone you can recommend to help me set up my...

vaesion
replies: 1 views: 696
Gunadoo 1 week ago

Hi Folks. I can't source green glue where I am - New Zealand. Has anyone had any success or can suggest alternatives? The...

nzl62
replies: 87 views: 27,454
SiegelCate 1 week ago

Hi folks, I'm building a small private studio in a spot where the external door will likely be exposed to a good deal of the...

Skwid inc.
replies: 4 views: 310
soldat 1 week ago

I'm in the process of starting to treat my space, which is an apartment, so my goal is to find some clever ways to mount panels...

traiv3d
replies: 2 views: 349
Donnyten 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search