The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 255,842
DanDan 3rd April 2018

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 262,710
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 206,487
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 95,881
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hello! After many inspirational threads here I decided to go public too. The more thoughts the merrier. ;) Long story short:...

pfg
replies: 240 views: 16,374
Mctwins 48 minutes ago

Room in general: basement of a small house . No direct neighbours, no car traffic, rarely airplanes, so pretty quiet Room Size:...

Arseny
replies: 36 views: 872
Arseny 1 hour ago

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'd like some advice on acoustic treatment in a small VO booth with a sloped ceiling. I...

TinmanDan
replies: 1 views: 285
dwpthe3rd 1 hour ago

Hi, Over the last four years I've run a little studio out of the basement of an arts building in Manchester, UK. It's done...

KommanderKeen
replies: 5 views: 368
The Byre 4 hours ago

One my projects for this year is to make listening to music in my living room more enjoyable. The room is a 16 m² room (4,08 m...

johannburkard
replies: 31 views: 1,484
akebrake 6 hours ago

So I bought the ECM8000 Behringer Measurement mic, and downloaded REW. I've used REW before, but never to actually treat my own...

Aehs
replies: 3 views: 207
chazmar 8 hours ago

I finally own a house. In this house I have a wee little room I plan to make my music den. I want it to be a room for...

che_guitarra
replies: 7 views: 411
johannburkard 10 hours ago

Originally I've posted this info in the GFR thread, but to reduce the clutter I've edited that post and decided to create a new...

bluntafari
replies: 0 views: 164
bluntafari 12 hours ago

Hey guys, I gonna build limp bass traps for back wall. Have a question about vinyl membrane fitting. So idea is to use 50mm...

Luke Skywalker
replies: 3 views: 448
Mike Caffrey 12 hours ago

Heard good thick rubber flooring could be used for good soundproofing. Is this true? As the price on this is very nice for what...

Kragle
replies: 16 views: 6,108
cat alley 15 hours ago

Which kind of fiberglass/rockwool? Do they sell premade wood frames? Or do I buy wood, screws? Are there any plastic or...

minervx
replies: 16 views: 506
seawell 16 hours ago

16L x 10W x 12H room. Currently the acoustic panels and diffusion panels are yet to be mounted, of which most of the corners...

HostaMahogey
replies: 3 views: 277
johnnyc 20 hours ago

For a number of reasons I need to build studio monitors into the wall, flush without protruding into the studio. I'm going to...

jabraham
replies: 22 views: 494
Jason Foi 1 day ago

So this room is not my permanent studio l. I'll be moving in a few years but the walls and ceiling are all off white. I want to...

Limit54
replies: 9 views: 504
Limit54 1 day ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 157 views: 41,176
dinococcus 1 day ago

There's so much information on the internet nowadays, and it gets very overwhelming/confusing. I sent a Personalized Room...

kalmoa
replies: 1 views: 194
Jason Foi 1 day ago

You buy a house, and have a huge backyard, in which you wish to build a mix room only. You really have no limitation as to how...

salbinti
replies: 1 views: 306
avare 1 day ago

As I've read on this thread, Mitsubishi seems the way to go for mini split. I've read that buying a system powerful enough to...

logjamparty
replies: 3 views: 357
sage691 1 day ago

Hi im tryin to sound proof my room or reduce noise transmiting as much as possible. someoone recommended me to use MLV aka mass...

TomcaTT87
replies: 38 views: 2,461
bukarin 1 day ago

Anyone using a one room studio, how do you work around the lack of a live room and a separate control room

kgveteran
replies: 0 views: 291
kgveteran 2 days ago

I've heard that "the room is the most importanat piece of equipment" when it comes to mixing -- and I believe it. I...

CJ Runner
replies: 10 views: 3,246
ZenEagle 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
CrankyRayHanky 2 days ago

Good day, What are your suggestions on ways to reduce sound coming thru hallways (See attached pictures for reference) into...

bainmack
replies: 8 views: 360
Bushman 3 days ago

I’m turning my 1-car garage into a piano teaching studio. Although this is a forum for recording studio acoustics, I’m hoping...

StudioProject
replies: 6 views: 422
avare 3 days ago

ok im trying to treat my room as im finding it difficult to mix down my tracks especially the low end. i had tried sonarworks and...

fersy
replies: 0 views: 303
fersy 3 days ago

Hi All, Just to paint the picture and give anybody kind enough to read and assess this an idea what i'm dealing with - I have a...

gayjay
replies: 2 views: 301
gayjay 3 days ago

Along with bass traps, are 2" panels enough? Is any brand with good reviews (and not some noname Chinese company using...

minervx
replies: 4 views: 441
minervx 3 days ago

Im currently building some corner superchunk bass traps (approx 32inch face and 23inches deep) Was wondering what would be the...

praash
replies: 6 views: 396
Jens Eklund 4 days ago

I was wanting to get some ideas. Has anyone here covered their ceiling in fabric? If so, please post some pics and how you did it.

chrisguitarguy
replies: 16 views: 11,460
mikeyrad 4 days ago

I recall hearing someone in a video or post, possible from a speaker manufacturer, saying that one would get better sound from...

almope
replies: 0 views: 254
almope 4 days ago

I've been reading a lot on GS, read the Ethan's test about density etc but I still don't understand a couple of things regarding...

JayPee
replies: 6 views: 446
ReDRuMx 4 days ago

This is probably a dumb question but screw it. I’m just curious for an explanation! So why is it preferential in a tracking...

GOStudioNC
replies: 13 views: 628
Brent Hahn 5 days ago

i do not want to staple or glue anything to my recently finished walls so i am looking to go with hooking some noise canceling...

redemption91
replies: 50 views: 14,619
samix2106 5 days ago

Hi guys! I am having problems with my UMIK-1 which seems to be going crazy. I looked around for more measurement mics and...

HKhz
replies: 0 views: 223
HKhz 5 days ago

Hello I live in Australia, and am wanting to make some DIY bass traps. The only insulation i can find in Australia is the...

jdproject1
replies: 7 views: 3,097
praash 5 days ago

Hello, I want to build corner bass traps but don't have the luxury of doing superchunk/fill style traps. I've already built...

eddievanwailin
replies: 7 views: 474
Jason Foi 5 days ago

As some of you might have seen in this subforum, I am moving to a new room. No traffic, no noise is coming in, a very quite...

Arseny
replies: 4 views: 407
Mike's Mix Room 5 days ago

I've recently created a writing space in a fairly small (14' x 14' minus 3.5' x 5.5' closet in one corner) top-floor room in my...

nightchef
replies: 3 views: 352
12ax7 5 days ago

Hi folks.. I have a ground level studio, 1500 square feet all open, 13 foot ceilings. There is a ceiling that is drywall...

Pchicago
replies: 4 views: 445
RyanC 6 days ago

Obviously space is an issue, for a machine room, but I'm curious, do any of you pros, semi-pros, or amateurs have a machine room?...

KingsX
replies: 13 views: 642
endorka 6 days ago

Hey guys... I have teamed up with a few local businessmen in the north of England to build a brand new commercial recording...

Shadow Puppets
replies: 15 views: 829
Shadow Puppets 6 days ago
replies: - views: -
Jason Foi 6 days ago

OK so i'm setting up my studio in an existing room which measures 3.5m wide x 5m long. Now let's assume that both noise escaping...

Mighty muffin
replies: 6 views: 371
Jason Foi 6 days ago

Hello All, Just moved into a new house with a room in the basement that will serve as a studio/mixing room (approx. 12.25 feet...

bkni
replies: 7 views: 486
Jason Foi 1 week ago

Hi guys, So I've recently got a decent amount of absorbers and traps. Traps in corners and absorb panels on the reflection...

Exis
replies: 8 views: 556
DanDan 1 week ago

Hi All, I’m constructing a music studio in my old basement garage, and there are electrical junction boxes in the existing...

PSchlek
replies: 1 views: 301
Jason Foi 1 week ago

Hi all, Long time lurker here, I've recently moved into a house with a potentially great room for music making. The...

Martyk
replies: 1 views: 412
avare 1 week ago

I've used AMROC a great deal but wasn't aware of AMRAY. Am I the only one? Damn. I've been using Sketchup to do my ray tracing...

Mike's Mix Room
replies: 4 views: 421
DPower 1 week ago

I wasn't sure which topic this will fall into but.. My master bedroom has a gigantic window and right in front of it, I have...

wjddnwls
replies: 0 views: 290
wjddnwls 1 week ago

Hi all, I'm building a bunch of roxul rockboard panels and need fabric to cover the backs (am using auralax type foam panels I...

mrpinkdonttip
replies: 0 views: 310
mrpinkdonttip 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search