The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 200 views: 97,115
Northward 2 weeks ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 257,927
DanDan 3rd April 2018

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 264,913
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 207,972
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hello ! First post but i'm reading for years ;) Thank to everybody who shares so much great info ! ( Thomas Northward,...

Flavien Plus 8
replies: 1 views: 34
dinococcus 22 minutes ago

Forgive me if this post is out of line. I'm putting together a new production/mix/mastering room, and in the process have...

Boxtone
replies: 34 views: 1,208
dinococcus 1 hour ago

Hi all, I'm just getting started with REW and the wonderful world of measurement and treatment. I've taken some initial...

Audio Odyssey
replies: 2 views: 113
Audio Odyssey 5 hours ago

Hello, I know there are a few threads about building studios in sheds already, but I don't think this one is redundant. It...

audioforce
replies: 10 views: 180
audioforce 9 hours ago

Hey all, Was doing some browsing online today and ran across this product... VicBooth Premium Just curious if anyone has...

Adam Peter Shinn
replies: 1 views: 95
Jason Foi 9 hours ago

Hi to everyone Im looking for some help/advice on a few things I will be doing. Before I give the background, I have exhausted...

Outsider123
replies: 4 views: 129
Outsider123 9 hours ago

Hi, my name is Tom. I will soon begin studying audio engineering. As a preperation for the study i treated my room. I have...

tomthetom
replies: 73 views: 1,285
DanDan 13 hours ago

Hi, My previous post was about sound treatment...

mrfye17
replies: 5 views: 258
mrfye17 13 hours ago

Not sure if I'm posting on the correct forum since this is not really a studio but I'm interested in the correct listening...

ab.simas
replies: 5 views: 352
Jason Foi 16 hours ago

Hi everybody! New to this forum but have been reading a lot on acoustics now and in the process of building a new studio. I found...

MusicSimplified
replies: 2 views: 239
Oli_W 16 hours ago

Im still mixing to dark and to bass heavy, and was wondering if enyone has any tips on how to improve on that! So heres a bit...

Kimotei
replies: 101 views: 1,583
Kimotei 16 hours ago

Dear music friends, I need your help for building a home studio in a basement room. My room unfortunately is in the basement...

Zek
replies: 13 views: 746
Zek 18 hours ago

Me and my girlfriend just moved to an older house, and I would like to put my little setup up on the 2nd floor’s living room....

RobinJacobsson
replies: 32 views: 1,033
Mike's Mix Room 19 hours ago

7 years ago I made basstraps with 16 panels of 32kg/m3 rockwool. Now I am about to move home to another state. taking those...

capoeira
replies: 2 views: 338
capoeira 21 hours ago

Hello people, advice on monitor placement much appreciated..... in a room with the dimensions: Lenght - 323 cm // 127.2...

Gestur
replies: 4 views: 395
Bushman 1 day ago

Hello all, I am currently looking at corner bass traps & panels for my first reflection points in my home theater. I was...

MasterMech
replies: 29 views: 857
MasterMech 1 day ago

I have a pair of Alesis M1 Active MK2 monitors in my studio. I used to use them in a vertical orientation but over the last year...

B. Toast
replies: 2 views: 260
RyanC 1 day ago

I have been trying to find a location for my new recording room for months. Intended for full band performance capture, I'm...

AngryNarwhal
replies: 0 views: 223
AngryNarwhal 1 day ago

Hey, I’m looking for recommendations for someone to help design a a rehearsal studio build out on the construction side of...

HarrySound
replies: 0 views: 206
HarrySound 1 day ago

Hello all, I am getting ready to design/build an acoustic ceiling cloud for my home studio/mix room. Currently I have 4...

EGainey
replies: 3 views: 266
DanDan 1 day ago

Hello friends! I'm here looking for some help with my new "bedroom studio". I moved to a new house and now I got...

Tholennon
replies: 8 views: 420
Jason Foi 1 day ago

I have a small bedroom that I am currently using as an "office" (desk/computer). My goal is to reduce/remove to reverb...

LSct
replies: 9 views: 338
Bushman 1 day ago

Hey guys. I am in the process of completely renovating and properly treating my room with some rockwool but I ran into a problem....

Mr. Maki
replies: 1 views: 225
Mr. Maki 1 day ago

Her is a paper about the subject matter who knows a thing or two about acoustics. Andre

avare
replies: 60 views: 29,922
ths61 2 days ago

Rhetorical question but how come the vast majority of studio pics, including the high end section, I see on GearSlutz in have the...

IntenseJim
replies: 12 views: 5,950
jerrydpi 2 days ago

hi all, I have a small room I am turning into a tracking/control room, and am working on the acoustics myself. the room is about...

shawn19
replies: 96 views: 66,235
mpos 2 days ago

Hello guys, I'm aware I can't do much in a standard bedroom, but I want to make things a little bit better if...

JanZoo
replies: 63 views: 3,225
JanZoo 2 days ago

Alright boys and... boys. Just moved into a two bedroom condo, and luckily for me I've got the best girl in the world. She was...

Mandavel
replies: 9 views: 282
Bushman 2 days ago

Which kind of fiberglass/rockwool? Do they sell premade wood frames? Or do I buy wood, screws? Are there any plastic or...

minervx
replies: 20 views: 936
Mandavel 2 days ago

hello you guys i just had a few questions and concerns about this whole idea i have of buying a wood shed from home depot and...

cesarortiz24
replies: 11 views: 430
audioforce 3 days ago

Two foot deep anechoic wedges, 1.5 square at the base. Anyone have any thoughts on this as a full back wall treatment (or if RFZ...

Boxtone
replies: 1 views: 281
mpos 3 days ago

Does anyone know who will sell metal-framed acoustic panels (or sell just the frames)? I'm mainly looking ar 4" panels.....

ChristianN
replies: 11 views: 477
ChristianN 3 days ago

Hi everyone, Since I moved recently I thought it was time to build a home studio. Since I don't have any rooms left in the...

spookanefs
replies: 7 views: 349
bgood 3 days ago

Hi all, I recently upgraded a few pieces of gear and it seems like I"m drawing too much electricity from my breaker. When ...

bamb00
replies: 5 views: 415
bamb00 3 days ago

The airgap that is suggested is 4". Does this apply to only open back traps, or would it also have some helpful effect with...

Temple of Light
replies: 2 views: 290
DanDan 3 days ago

What's up guys, hoping a pro here or someone with some knowledge can help me out. I'm currently living in a corner townhome unit...

tttradio
replies: 5 views: 250
Jason Foi 3 days ago

I'm planning to buy my first house in the near future and would like to dedicate a room to a home studio finally. I know there's...

impossomible
replies: 3 views: 258
Starlight 4 days ago

As you can see I am new to this forum, I have been here a while grabbing good information as I go. I am in the process of...

RedTone
replies: 8 views: 634
RedTone 4 days ago

We installed some LEDs that were fine when installed, but after a few weeks they have begun "whining". What options do...

eveaudio
replies: 1 views: 260
Seattle 4 days ago

Just wondering if I could tap in to some GS acoustics wisdom with regards to recording in my very bijou tracking/mixing room,...

oboemaroni
replies: 3 views: 262
Mike's Mix Room 4 days ago

EDIT : i'm going to update the REW graph of the current progess at the bottom of this message Original post : Hello guys,...

Jpastor
replies: 29 views: 1,633
Jpastor 4 days ago

EDIT 5/17/2015 1:20pm: now all graphs show the same window/"extents" For the past few years I've been a semi-pro mix...

Eggsmack
replies: 19 views: 2,401
Eggsmack 4 days ago

Hey everyone, I am converting a spare bedroom into a studio/mix room and I need some advice for how to best deal with the rear...

EGainey
replies: 14 views: 597
DanDan 4 days ago

I’m in a new studio space in a place I just moved into and I’m having a few issues with the acoustics I’ve been noticing....

Morbo
replies: 12 views: 537
Mike's Mix Room 5 days ago

So, I thought I'd share a little photo diary of my efforts to treat my recording and mixing space, a rectangular box of a spare...

Wheelomatic
replies: 23 views: 532
gradivus 5 days ago

Hello guys. I'd like to hear an opinion from you about mounting 2 speakers on a single stand. I used to have only the...

rokko101
replies: 15 views: 418
rokko101 5 days ago

Ok here is... First, I wanted to thanks all the experts here (you know who you are) for being so nice sharing your experiences...

JayPee
replies: 27 views: 730
JayPee 5 days ago

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME ON THIS THREAD, READ THIS. This thread is dedicated to people who have read Rod Gervias' book, Home...

naethoven
replies: 358 views: 71,572
DaveNJ 5 days ago

Long time lurker. First time poster. Be gentle with me! Haha. I’ve been recording/mixing in an untreated room! Worse,...

InguinalLigament
replies: 68 views: 1,396
InguinalLigament 5 days ago

Hi folks! I am currently designing an acoustic adaptation for my control room. One of the main issues im dealing with is a very...

Adich
replies: 10 views: 411
Mike's Mix Room 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search