The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It is with a heavy heart that I received the news this morning that Francis Manzella of FM Designs passed away...

Northward
replies: 10 views: 1,728
Wes Lachot 4 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 351,262
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 12,470
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 328,191
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 119,781
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 268,012
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Greetings! After many hours of online research for the best acoustical position for my home studio, i finally decided to face...

Buk Laruo
replies: 10 views: 215
dinococcus 26 minutes ago

I plan on constructing a room inside a room in the future and would like to dampen low frequencies as much as possible that might...

yodriges123
replies: 4 views: 84
yodriges123 1 hour ago

Hello, I was looking at the GIK Acoustics website for their 5.25" thick 244 panel absorbers. I attached the sabins chart...

gearstudent
replies: 1 views: 270
Jens Eklund 4 hours ago

Hi, I'm living in a new and very quiet building. I do some music production on my computer but I'm also a guitarist and...

ykgs
replies: 6 views: 224
siniarch 8 hours ago

Howdy. Any thoughts on how successful building a cardboard room would be? In theory you could still get pleasant reflections...

Bigtommyp
replies: 1 views: 99
trybiculuskarton 10 hours ago

Hello there, I recently bought a Krk Ergo for my studio. Installed it, and felt it really did a good job. The low end sounded...

Coenie
replies: 34 views: 9,766
Panelhead 11 hours ago

Hi, I've just bought a use KRK Ergo as a way of trying Room Perfect in my poor-sounding room which has significant bass issues...

MChris
replies: 12 views: 1,171
Panelhead 11 hours ago

Hi all, I've read through many of the threads and other web articles, but when applying best practice advice to my studio's...

nomido
replies: 0 views: 113
nomido 15 hours ago

Hello everyone - new account here, I'm looking through previous posts but I'm not seeing a specific question that I have, maybe...

SnacktimeJerry
replies: 8 views: 235
Jason Foi 15 hours ago

I have a window on my rear wall that I've been advised to place freestanding bass traps in front of. However, I don't want to...

orbita
replies: 36 views: 520
orbita 16 hours ago

So I'm finishing up my home studio, and all that's really left is the treatment of the walls. I have doors in awkward places...

Bhobs
replies: 0 views: 95
Bhobs 19 hours ago

Hi all, We're currently building a studio inside a barn, we've built the frame/drywall etc as a completely decoupled building....

CarlosMythos
replies: 0 views: 84
CarlosMythos 20 hours ago

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this and even more so for anyone who shares advice or who can point my attention in...

theodd
replies: 3 views: 235
theodd 23 hours ago

Hi all, Recently posted a thread about how to go about designing/building new studio. I only got 1 response, perhaps the post...

drunmersteve
replies: 41 views: 3,211
drunmersteve 1 day ago

Hello, Wood sizes are strange. The 1x5 is actually 4.5" wide, and the 1x4 is 3.5" wide. So if you want to build...

gearstudent
replies: 4 views: 157
zakofalltrades 1 day ago

Hello, Next week I'm gonna finally move. I ve decided to build a studio on this room. I m planning to buy some microphone...

kide
replies: 0 views: 92
kide 1 day ago

Some piece of gear in my home studio is causing a short but I don’t know which one. How would I go about diagnosing this? I...

aerodynamics
replies: 6 views: 144
coreyspencer 1 day ago

I'm looking into treatment for my room. I plan to put front corner traps, side and overhead first reflection panels. However,...

orbita
replies: 4 views: 165
Bushman 1 day ago

Hi everyone, we are planning to build a room to be able to mix our livestream/broadcast mix in there. We have some open...

djmogovan
replies: 1 views: 123
coreyspencer 1 day ago

Hey gang, I need to make my own TRS balanced cables for my powered studio monitors (Yamaha HS8's) And need to confirm i've...

tyerac
replies: 3 views: 121
tyerac 1 day ago

hi slutz, There are a few tube trap threads, thought I'd see what everyone thinks bout some other methods of DIYing...

Burgertime
replies: 5 views: 471
Burgertime 1 day ago

Hi All I have bought a mixing desk - Soundcraft B800 - and have to plan how to transport it from its current location. The...

johnnyalucard
replies: 1 views: 119
vintagelove 1 day ago

So I found these wall plates made by Seismic Audio. They have 8 XLR/TRS female connectors. I am thinking of getting 2 for each...

couzin2000
replies: 2 views: 224
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hello Everyone! I'm having a house and a home studio built, and the construction is supposed to start in about 1.5 - 2 months....

kwow
replies: 25 views: 1,045
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Wanting to build some early reflection acoustic panels using Knauf rigid insulation. The guy at the store ask if I wanted foil...

OLDNOOB
replies: 537 views: 8,371
OLDNOOB 1 day ago

I'm apartment shopping in Brooklyn and trying to get a good deal on a place with a basement. I'm mainly looking for a rectangular...

shvffle
replies: 1 views: 351
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hey all, I'm extremely new to audio engineering and acoustics. I've been a lifelong musician, and with this forced time off of...

AliceWinebagz
replies: 21 views: 567
AliceWinebagz 1 day ago

Hello! I’m planning on constructing a 3x3m room inside a 4x4 or 5x5 ish meter room in the future and I’m writing down a list...

yodriges123
replies: 33 views: 508
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi! I plan on covering the rest of my small studio room with GIK panels. I have everything measured out but I am not sure...

VoLuminous
replies: 13 views: 496
Northward 2 days ago

Hello slutz, For my next room I have the space to build a "room within a room" (and the need...). I won't discuss...

JayPee
replies: 4 views: 168
JayPee 2 days ago

howdy hey guys! New here. So I know it's not this easy, but can someone help me out with where I should place some absorbers...

iamguitargeek
replies: 1 views: 177
Bushman 2 days ago

Hello fellow gearslutz. Long time reader first time poster. In a few months I will be moving, and in my new place I will have...

Thorbjoern
replies: 1 views: 171
Bushman 2 days ago

Good morning, folks! I am helping a friend design and construct a one-room recording studio in an existing shed. I would love...

Diakonos1984
replies: 5 views: 400
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

hello everyone. So, I have a low ceiling semi-finished attic space that is 2 similar rooms with a small hall/bathroom/staircase...

Sircalhobz
replies: 8 views: 265
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 72 views: 3,958
Jag94 2 days ago

I have very little experience with acoustic treatment but I just got a new place that has a small spare bedroom I can use as a...

cause
replies: 2 views: 189
stella645 2 days ago

Hey there, been really wanting a desk with built in keyboard tray for a long time. Started looking at the ones from...

motomotomoto
replies: 0 views: 158
motomotomoto 2 days ago

This will most likely have to be the wall behind where the desk would be (short wall, but the other short wall is next to the...

chrismilne
replies: 2 views: 188
chrismilne 2 days ago

Hey, Let’s say there was a 5-20cm thick layer of gravel covering the floor or inside walls, would this do good in terms of...

yodriges123
replies: 11 views: 282
Jason Foi 3 days ago

As the title says, I'm trying to improve the soundproofing on a door between units in a duplex. The targeted sound is mostly loud...

Phaedru5
replies: 10 views: 295
Phaedru5 3 days ago

Good Evening Slutz, I want to share with you a space that I'm working on treating. It's 17'x17'20' (approximately), and I'm...

deancain
replies: 1 views: 243
JWL.GIK 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I teach high school music and audio/video/music production. I just had a pile of 2x6s, roxul, 703 and a nice...

chiasson
replies: 15 views: 604
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hi. I'm in the midst of a studio build and just thinking about the windows. The building has double glazing (4mm - 14mm gap -...

C247
replies: 19 views: 647
thirdflr 3 days ago

Hey all howdy So I have Adam A7x's on Iso Acoustic stands, on my desk. I need to raise the speakers by a few inches, but don't...

Overdriver23
replies: 32 views: 1,717
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hey All, I see a few of these threads from time to time about vocal booths and how to build them in closets and to deaden...

RedTone
replies: 4 views: 269
RedTone 3 days ago

I couldn't find any information on this probably because its a stupid idea but I enjoy not facing the wall while working (made a...

fusiqos
replies: 3 views: 320
fusiqos 4 days ago

We have a JBL reference microphone It came with our JBL LSR4300 system one of...

tha_lode
replies: 0 views: 136
tha_lode 4 days ago

Hello slutz! I have a very simple question : I will obviously create a triple leaf system by building a MAM assembly...

JayPee
replies: 2 views: 225
JayPee 4 days ago

as a musician spending too much time producing and not working in a well paid job, I just moved into a very small flat and bought...

henninghans
replies: 1 views: 246
JayPee 4 days ago

Hi All - don't post on here often, but always learning from the amazing information on here! I hope this is the correct place to...

theslingerland
replies: 15 views: 2,657
jeremyhorn 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search