The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 356,047
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 14,077
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 334,496
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 122,201
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 270,459
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Or egg crate foam. I have some left over egg crate foam that's really thin, and I have a small vocal booth and need to pad it up....

imoan
replies: 2 views: 90
psycho_monkey 1 hour ago

I am very much learning and I try to use the search feature as much as possible but I wanted to define my question more...

Secretcode
replies: 2 views: 106
Secretcode 3 hours ago

I need to decide on receptacles for my small & humble home studio. I will be doing isolated ground receptacles. Rod’s...

oldschoolish
replies: 6 views: 152
oldschoolish 8 hours ago

Currently, I'm working out of a small studio in my house with a separate live room for drums, cabs, vocals, etc. It's a fairly...

Codyh630
replies: 4 views: 260
Kyle P. Gushue 8 hours ago

I've taken some time to move my acoustic panels around and testing the results at the mixing position. I thought I would share...

RedTone
replies: 3 views: 168

Good morning, folks! I am helping a friend design and construct a one-room recording studio in an existing shed. I would love...

Diakonos1984
replies: 12 views: 684

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 38 views: 1,778
Kyle P. Gushue 9 hours ago

Hi all, I am making preparations for a new space Room size L: 3.38m W: 3.04m H: 2.6m No weird corners in the...

xenozeno
replies: 49 views: 2,406
xenozeno 16 hours ago

Here's a YouTube clip of the booth: https://youtu.be/FWXawN9JLhc I have foam base traps in the corner which I've been told...

onshott1
replies: 88 views: 3,460
onshott1 16 hours ago

So I'm trying to treat my room and have been trying to pick bass traps but live in Korea and this means unfortunately that there...

andrewyi1114
replies: 0 views: 84
andrewyi1114 16 hours ago

Hello All, I suppose what I need to truly understand and make accurate calculations is a collection of scientific and...

camacozie
replies: 0 views: 77
camacozie 16 hours ago

Hi all, So the confines of over priced modern living in Berlin :-). Room is 1.66 wide 2.10 long 2.65 Height I have my...

807Recordings
replies: 4 views: 151
johannburkard 21 hours ago

Hello! It is recommanded to change ducts every 10 years (from what I read from different manufacturers). I will spend lot of...

JayPee
replies: 10 views: 262
JayPee 1 day ago

Hey everyone, I have a 3.3m x 4.3m x 2.3m room (W/L/H) which also has a partially slanted ceiling. So in total it's a 14 m2 or...

childintime
replies: 37 views: 1,166
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi im just setting up a new studio room. ive gone full on with GIK accoustic panelling , new wood floor etc. the room itself is...

londonal
replies: 1 views: 118
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

I'm planning my first room build and... holy mother of rabbit holes! I've just been reading up on REW and measurement...

Scoox
replies: 7 views: 197
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

While none of us ever expects a fire it nevertheless would be wise to be prepared. The UK's Surrey Fire Brigade has a helpful...

Starlight
replies: 2 views: 178
PsyKology 1 day ago

Hey there, some days ago I measured my room and noticed a peak in the waterfall graph at around 50 Hz. The room is about...

TJ99
replies: 8 views: 252
TJ99 1 day ago

Has anyone used cork as flooring in their control/tracking room? Lumber Liquidators: 12mm x 295mm Rembrandt Cork Flooring

NoizyNinja
replies: 15 views: 5,206
mojamusic 1 day ago

Hello to everyone, I recently finished building my studio and the room that I had available is really small 8,91m2 (95,91 sq...

Alexey_Belan
replies: 11 views: 324
johannburkard 1 day ago

I'm turning my bedroom into a home studio and am currently talking to 2 different companies that make their own bass traps/panels...

andrewyi1114
replies: 2 views: 104
andrewyi1114 1 day ago

Hello, I want to build an Iso booth to track vocals and amplifiers. I have a budget of $2000 which should be more than enough....

sentimiento
replies: 2 views: 158
gullfo 1 day ago

I have three options to choose, that are cellulose, sheep wool and recycled denim insulation. Which material performs...

dkali1
replies: 0 views: 96
dkali1 1 day ago

Im currently in the process of setting up my basement for my son and myself. I recently purchased a behringer ecm8000 for dirt...

LEXXX RUGER
replies: 74 views: 2,030
akebrake 1 day ago

Hi, After measuring my small nearly untreated room (only first reflections) with Sonarworks, i must say the result is what I...

bonne8
replies: 0 views: 86
bonne8 1 day ago

Hello all I have small room, and did some acoustic treatment, 4.9 meters in lenght 3 meters wide, and 1.97 meters...

gedna
replies: 10 views: 490
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hey, here’s my predicament- I’ve studied up on sound and room treatment, not isolation. I’ve paid contractors $13k (which...

Granz
replies: 9 views: 330
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I work in a small room and decided to get a second LCD screen for workflow reasons, but I didn't plan well and they completely...

BJosephs
replies: 4 views: 367
avare 2 days ago

Hi, In the last few months I have spent a lot of time reading articles and discussions on this forum about acoustic treatment...

Gio_V
replies: 5 views: 265
dinococcus 2 days ago

Any thoughts on these products? Delta H Design | ZR Products

Hane
replies: 41 views: 5,228
bert stoltenborg 2 days ago

Hey guys, I am planning to acoustically treat an elliptical shaped room. I would like to know your opinion because the...

producerxtr
replies: 28 views: 505
avare 3 days ago

I am trying to set up a semi analog home studio in my basement. My plan is to use a mixer with usb like the tascam model 12 and...

r2m0w
replies: 2 views: 181
r2m0w 3 days ago

Hello, I am using REW with my Roland Rubix22 for the first time today. When calibrating the interface, there is no low...

herrturtur
replies: 2 views: 135
herrturtur 3 days ago

Dear forum, My basement contains a raw concrete room which is approximately 508cm x 420cm (16'8" x 13'9") and with a...

jonlanghoff
replies: 6 views: 274
jonlanghoff 3 days ago

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME ON THIS THREAD, READ THIS. This thread is dedicated to people who have read Rod Gervias' book, Home...

naethoven
replies: 363 views: 85,011
chag0101 3 days ago

Hi all, Firstly, great website! Loads of info - very useful! I have done some digging up on this website and didnt seem to...

soundmixnewbie12
replies: 7 views: 243
lxm 4 days ago

Please see link for the two options for my rear wall in my small (21'x12'x8' LWH) ...

granto
replies: 7 views: 209
SRS 4 days ago

Quick question: I found a very nice design fabric i would like to use for acoustic panels but it's minky. It is...

noha099
replies: 1 views: 161
SRS 4 days ago

Is a gap between my ceiling cloud a huge deal? My ceiling has studs every 12”, but the stud rows don’t allow for me to place...

LeoRapture
replies: 11 views: 784
avare 4 days ago

Hi all, I am converting my garage to a rehearsal/drum recording space (shocking, I know nobody here has every heard of this...

Jag94
replies: 116 views: 5,751
siniarch 5 days ago

Hello, I have just installed Soundboard 4 (https://www.soundproofingstore.co.uk/soundboard-4) on the party wall of our...

boarder
replies: 11 views: 330
avare 5 days ago

Hello all, first post here. I felt it's the right forum to ask, as I found many posts mentioning Sylomer use for studio...

bleep_bleep
replies: 24 views: 2,271
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

I've built some acoustic panels (rockwool, 12cm / 4.7 inches deep) and I'm experimenting with placement. I'm in a room with a...

apan
replies: 1 views: 225
johannburkard 5 days ago

Currently designing the window between my control room and live space. I would like the best isolation possible between the...

theriotwithin
replies: 32 views: 10,855
gullfo 5 days ago

Hey guys this is my second go around at building some traps. A quick question that came to my mind that I have been unable to...

cashhigh
replies: 6 views: 215
cashhigh 6 days ago

Construction officially ends today! I'm posting both as an act of celebration and to solicit some advice. I've treated a...

steveschizoid
replies: 17 views: 858
steveschizoid 6 days ago

I'm currently using the iD22 as my audio interface, but I reference with 3 different pairs of headphones while mixing. The iD22...

Bingy
replies: 2 views: 161
Bingy 6 days ago

Can I clear coat the wood used to build a Desk? How can I make better sound from wood? Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 0 views: 152
newb 6 days ago

Hi!! I would like to know Maximum Desk Size and Distance from Walls for a 10' by 10' Room Thank You Very Much!!

newb
replies: 0 views: 142
newb 6 days ago

Hey All - I'm new to the forums and am prepping to do my first acoustic treatment for my at home music production studio. I've...

eslegh
replies: 4 views: 207
eslegh 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search