The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,419
Views: 2,419
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 248,796
DanDan 2 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 255,634
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 201,539
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 94,229
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hi all, I've been lurking and reading for a while now, trying to put together what is the best way to improve my spare bedroom...

jrl
replies: 1 views: 241
jrl 29 minutes ago

Hi All, Info on the room: I have a rectangular room 11.5'W x 18.5'L x 8'H which has been converted into a studio, to be used...

mrfye17
replies: 2 views: 263
mrfye17 33 minutes ago

Can anyone link me to any kind of studio desk building plans/measurements? I'm pretty much ITB but have a couple of rack bits...

eyezenears
replies: 11 views: 509
jrl 44 minutes ago

Hi, A little lost after weeks of work. And I'm wondering how far off I am? I've done all the usual stuff. Superchunks in all...

radlid
replies: 17 views: 597
radlid 1 hour ago

Hi All I'm keen to get some further acoustic treatment but don't want to break the bank and I am ideally looking for a stick...

Fowleja
replies: 4 views: 166
Temple of Light 2 hours ago

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

oddur
replies: 48 views: 3,696
oddur 3 hours ago

Hi! I just finished building the studio: outer shell: 275cm height 348cm length 408cm width I then had acousticians...

Stephaan
replies: 3 views: 326
Gusss 3 hours ago

Hi, I have a room that I am planning on finishing and turning into my studio room. Unfortunately the room is in the basement so...

rodan
replies: 0 views: 120
rodan 4 hours ago

If you have a thick absorptive ceiling with good absorption down to low frequencies then does it matter how high the rigid...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 27 views: 507
DanDan 6 hours ago

Howdy gearslutters! Please can someone actually clear this up for me. When I look at search results on this topic there are...

eljefe
replies: 7 views: 265
attaboy_jhb 7 hours ago

hi everybody, after 7 or so years of making music (most of the time in small, poor rooms) I recently discovered an alternative...

never
replies: 2 views: 334
Jeremiah Sheets 7 hours ago

I am finishing the acoustic plan for my studio. My plan is to build bass traps 200mm deep but placing 160mm of wool inside,...

lectric
replies: 0 views: 167
lectric 8 hours ago

Hello GS, I have three sliding glass doors in my studio... two on the north wall, one on the south wall. The two on the north...

nikoli
replies: 10 views: 577
Bunk Lance 9 hours ago

I saw this message from a very old thread on this site and I have no way of getting in contact with the original...

th3fstaxn
replies: 4 views: 322
akebrake 10 hours ago

hi all, I'm about to treat an area of my home studio with the details found in this pdf: I'm interested in hearing any and...

Nick Boyd
replies: 26 views: 4,824
UltramegaOK 12 hours ago

Hi i have moderate asthma,it occurred 1-2times a year when i'm weak and exposed to what threaten me like those dust,rat...

lovenara
replies: 0 views: 200
lovenara 12 hours ago

Hey all! rockout So I've just bought a crap load of OC703 to build super-chunk bass traps against 3 corners of my room (one of...

Tory Meath
replies: 5 views: 293
MediaGary 13 hours ago

Hello all. I've been successfully tracking in my house in a spare bedroom but Im glad to say I've been experiencing some...

FelizSounds
replies: 9 views: 307
chrismeraz 16 hours ago

We are building a studio in a guesthouse and the only room available to us is shared with our kitchen. My wife has been so kind...

th3fstaxn
replies: 1 views: 261
th3fstaxn 1 day ago

I thought I would share my experiences with my DIY bass traps since it may help someone in the future. Room's purpose is...

bainmack
replies: 0 views: 278
bainmack 1 day ago

Hey gearsluts kfhkh I've finished the structural build of my new studio, full 'room within a room' - drywall, stud walls stuffed...

oli.bw
replies: 2 views: 329
oli.bw 1 day ago

Hello all, New to the gearslutz community, thanks in advance for welcoming me in. I have a quick question. Yes I searched...

DanSiego
replies: 26 views: 594
johannburkard 1 day ago

I am planning to convert my garage in to a small home cinema (the room is 2.7m x 5m), and I am trying to determine the best way...

McDuff
replies: 2 views: 285
McDuff 1 day ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 831 views: 255,615
Rommy 1 day ago

i do not want to staple or glue anything to my recently finished walls so i am looking to go with hooking some noise canceling...

redemption91
replies: 49 views: 14,338
Ncrays 1 day ago

A friend today claims ; That slats over absorbtion while providing some much needed reflections in some cases, can also...

dodittydada
replies: 63 views: 8,701
ostfisk 1 day ago

I am sure that the answer is no else they would not be used but I was wondering if someone would be nice enough to explain why?...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 14 views: 538
attaboy_jhb 1 day ago

Hello, I am the engineering director for a small radio station. This summer we are moving locations and have to completely uproot...

nates.george
replies: 0 views: 205
nates.george 1 day ago

Hey everyone I’m in the planning phase of building a recording studio and I need advice on the design. The room dimensions...

Rainorshinegrind
replies: 8 views: 381
Rainorshinegrind 2 days ago

A pipe was leaking above my room, so I had to move everything out for repairs. I have an opportunity to revise my setup,...

satisfaction2009
replies: 11 views: 578
satisfaction2009 2 days ago

So, I’m a drummer but I can track decent guitar, bass and vox. I have almost completed my gear collection goal for this month,...

GreySlothStudio
replies: 9 views: 366
Noisewagon 2 days ago

Hi all. This it the room I have for my studio. Can you please help placing bass traps and acoustic panels for such room? I...

shtreebun
replies: 53 views: 1,350
Bushman 2 days ago

Has anyone experienced both solutions ? I own Sonarworks and like it pretty much (great customer service btw), but was wondering...

Avgatzeblouz
replies: 11 views: 1,666
Gusss 2 days ago

Can a working diffuser be built out of plastic tubes? Like this Google Image Result for...

gtrdrumsplayer
replies: 2 views: 320
gtrdrumsplayer 2 days ago

I am building a recording room of size 15' x 24' x 17' (h). There will be many hard surfaces in this room. There will also be...

audiothings
replies: 2 views: 298
Starlight 2 days ago

Hi Guys, I have been researching and have come up with some ideas about placing traps and panels in this room to get a decent...

c0ld4orm
replies: 13 views: 4,941
navu28 2 days ago

Hi, i see a lot of indie and professional studios with wooden slats on their walls, the slats and slots are sometimes varying in...

midoban
replies: 70 views: 30,201
navu28 2 days ago

I'm hoping this thread can clear up some confusion for me regarding different uses for adding panels (perforated or otherwise) in...

Szorn
replies: 11 views: 718
navu28 2 days ago

Found this Selecting the Right Acoustic Material Any general experiences thoughts etc, fire away - I'm not doing this...

bill5
replies: 7 views: 381
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hey everyone I have the opportunity to temporarily turn a french Chateau into a recording studio for 2 weeks. This would be a...

johnnyalucard
replies: 8 views: 406
deedeeyeah 2 days ago

Hello all! I've been scouring the site and so far haven't found anything that would exactly answer all my questions here. My...

CorruptionIMC
replies: 1 views: 307
Dana_T. 2 days ago

I am soon starting the soundproofing part of my studio. I have decided to keep the room as one whole unit (despite what some...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 46 views: 652
attaboy_jhb 2 days ago

I have a vocal booth that I'm treating with dimensions: 11' length, 5' wide, 7' height. The materials that I've purchased are 48...

skitzothebeast
replies: 13 views: 356
skitzothebeast 2 days ago

hi slutz, i'm about to optimize my mixing room with some diffusers. until now i have only absorbers on the ceiling, walls and...

kuko
replies: 3 views: 290
Jens Eklund 2 days ago

I'm looking into a new studio space that has minimal sonic bleed to the outside except for through a few windows. The windows are...

jsbeeth
replies: 15 views: 549
Kites 2 days ago

Hi everyone, im in the early stages of converting my detached garage into a studio space. Currently my garage is just that, a...

Thearch
replies: 1 views: 290
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hey guys, I'm setting up a studio in the room and I'm just wondering what kind of treatment I should apply to this ceiling. Do I...

iainchan97
replies: 5 views: 292
SoundPimp 3 days ago

Hey! Anyone familiar with the construction of double masonry brick walls in prewar buildings in manhattan? I have some Yamaha...

jonathanlee88
replies: 2 views: 231
avare 3 days ago

Would covering rockwool absorbers with a very thin (the stuff used for food) plastic film and then medium thick (breathable)...

SoundPimp
replies: 6 views: 262
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone here has modified a gik tri trap, Currently I have 4, I have one in each corner, I am now...

sausy
replies: 9 views: 420
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search