The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 275,005
neopl 27th September 2018

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 204 views: 100,133
JRivs 8th September 2018

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 265,992
DanDan 3rd April 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 214,191
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hey all, I'm about to wrap up my studio build as my custom doors are about to be delivered this week. I'm going with the Build it...

DaveNJ
replies: 3 views: 385
DaveNJ 34 minutes ago

Hi all John in the UK here. After a lot of research here and elsewhere, and after reading Rod Gervais's book, I have hired...

jpmch
replies: 138 views: 3,730
jpmch 38 minutes ago

Just moved in to a new apartment and want to do some basic treatment for the first time in my life. Now I've spent enough...

xavvy88
replies: 3 views: 128
robert82 1 hour ago

So, I've been looking at the formula for resonant frequency of a Mass-Air-Mass system. I'll provide the details below. My...

thechrisl
replies: 18 views: 496
RyanC 4 hours ago

Hello, I have a new studio and I am trying to lock down the treatment so I can begin developing my skills as a mastering...

hairbow
replies: 6 views: 388
deedeeyeah 5 hours ago

I have had some complaints from my clients telling me there is too much bass in my mixes. I have investigated this and realize...

Saturations
replies: 5 views: 262
dinococcus 5 hours ago

i'm building a house. I was thinking of building a separate room for mixing my music(I produce EDM by the way). I also want to...

josejayant13
replies: 3 views: 333
dinococcus 5 hours ago

I've just finished setting up in my new apartment. My bedroom studio is 25 x 13, and the back wall has a slant. The only piece of...

edaub1
replies: 6 views: 435
Sterling Hill 15 hours ago

I am about to build a cloud. Can I use this material as surface on the cloud, and fill up up with rockwool on top of it?!...

Berndalen
replies: 11 views: 542
Berndalen 23 hours ago

So I contacted my local supplier and asked them how much does 50kg rockwool cost. He tells me I can get an entire blanket (60kg...

Gringar of Strch
replies: 7 views: 227
Gringar of Strch 1 day ago

Hi, got a Fame W200 desk with Munro Egg 150's sitting up on the 'meter bridge' shelf. REW shows unwanted added frequencies around...

Denta
replies: 0 views: 216
Denta 1 day ago

Hey. So I’m making a studio out of a 15.6 x 7 x 8 room in my house. I’m getting it acoustically treated via RealTraps. I’m...

Snow Fox
replies: 18 views: 510
Sterling Hill 1 day ago

Hi, everyone, First post, but long-time follower of gearslutz! I moved to Portland last year and began converting a shed...

pkward88
replies: 1 views: 230
pkward88 1 day ago

Goodnight. A few weeks ago I started treating my room to produce music. The truth is that it is being an adventure. For now, I...

Doclad
replies: 5 views: 418
johannburkard 1 day ago

Just installed whisper clips and hat channel in my live room and about to install drywall and wasn’t planning to use green glue...

lunar151
replies: 2 views: 314
Sonus Studios 1 day ago

Good afternoon. I do not know if this is the best sub-forum to publish this but I'm going to: diddlydoo I have two Alpha Focal...

Doclad
replies: 47 views: 740
dinococcus 2 days ago

I have been researching and see numerous posts for low GFR insulation everywhere except the USA. Hmm... I find pink fluffy...

grega60438
replies: 3 views: 323
Jason Foi 2 days ago

A quick thread to share some things I've learned whilst using the Group Delay (GD) and Wavelet tools in REW for aligning a...

Skol303
replies: 10 views: 454
Skol303 2 days ago

after 3yrs of hustling with this setup, I finally cracked it, This setup has all three speakers reproducing stereo. Adam A7s are...

Lanetech
replies: 12 views: 342
Bushman 3 days ago

Morning fellow Slutz, I need your help answering a few questions I have about Soundproofing. I'll try to keep this as short as...

jre96
replies: 4 views: 318
bert stoltenborg 3 days ago

So I decided to construct sound treatments for my home office / music / video production room. I used this DIY tutorial. Clear...

Ukiah Bass
replies: 6 views: 523
oddur 3 days ago

Hi guys, I am planning for a dedicated multi channel home theater, it's for movies as well as music listening. My goal is to...

DB117
replies: 6 views: 397
DB117 3 days ago

I have attached a drawn picture of my room for music production. The room is 13.2 ft long x 11.4 ft wide, has 1 single 58 in long...

mc_fable
replies: 6 views: 340
Bushman 3 days ago

Hey Slutz! Been a voyeur for awhile now, but decided to rely on the help from the community to help me nail down my studio setup....

brotherrollo
replies: 0 views: 295
brotherrollo 3 days ago

Hey guys Looking to order some of these bass traps as they have good local distribution and seem to suit the application well...

infernouk
replies: 8 views: 603
chasingdopamine 4 days ago

First of all, I'm not allowed to post images it seems, so here's a link to the drawing ->...

unvs
replies: 6 views: 380
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hi, Moving into a new room soon and roughing out my acoustical plans. Dimensions are as follows: 14’ 3” L x 10’10”...

aleatoric
replies: 13 views: 897
Glenn Kuras 4 days ago

I have a question about a piece of furniture in my room and how it effects my recordings. I have a large old teacher's metal...

orangepanels
replies: 2 views: 271
Bushman 4 days ago

Where can these spiral hooks to hang them off the...

goom
replies: 5 views: 326
johnnyc 4 days ago

I haven't had much luck getting to the bottom of this in other threads (which were started for different reasons) or older...

thechrisl
replies: 28 views: 886
thechrisl 4 days ago

Room dimensions are as follows: - 18.5 feet from front wall to back wall (5.6 meters) - 15.5 feet wide (4.7 meters) Vaulted...

logjamparty
replies: 2 views: 324
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm trying to acquire some basic acoustic/electrical knowledge and I've stumbled upon a simple exercise I'm...

JohnClinton
replies: 6 views: 343
ReDRuMx 4 days ago

Hello Everyone We are building a studio in Mumbai and our acoustician and architect have given the attached design. My...

maverickwhistler
replies: 2 views: 255
maverickwhistler 4 days ago

Hi everyone Was hoping for a bit of advice on the most preferable way to approach the following: I'm taking out a space of...

mario67
replies: 18 views: 910
BN1studio 4 days ago

My room is in the basement. Two room doors are currently missing. One is to prevent that I hear the washing machine, which is...

Arseny
replies: 1 views: 251
bert stoltenborg 4 days ago

Hi, I am contemplating changing my current speakers (PMC) to a pair of Dutch and Dutch 8C and I have a question about how to...

Peter E
replies: 7 views: 312
Peter E 4 days ago

Anyone have any experience with these?? Good or bad? MICBOOTH-911 360 /Portable Stand-In Vocal Booth w/ Light & w/ Rear...

Jwoody86
replies: 0 views: 253
Jwoody86 5 days ago

OK, I've searched + Googled and I think I have an understanding of what star grounding is. Basically each service point has its...

soulfield
replies: 30 views: 6,844
Pno 5 days ago

I would like to make some deep, somewhat portable bass traps for both my control room and my live room. One idea I had was to...

DSwaltz
replies: 8 views: 351
leitmo 5 days ago

I am constructing a new room to be used as a mastering studio. I started with an ideal bolt area room. (In this case 9'x12')....

yardgang
replies: 2 views: 262
Jason Foi 5 days ago

Over the years I have used a Berhinger 8024 Ultra Curve as a RTA to measure my room and speakers and it is fairly accurate but...

davidki
replies: 0 views: 224
davidki 5 days ago

Hey Everyone. I've tried doing some searches on this forum and on the interwebs and can't really find a solid answer to my...

wuzlow
replies: 0 views: 236
wuzlow 5 days ago

Hey yall! First time posting measurements I hope I did everything right. I am sure I didn't but I read through the sticky post...

West0n
replies: 18 views: 575
RyanC 6 days ago

Hi guys! rockout There are indeed some older posts like this but they are mostly outdated. I am looking for some help...

noobist
replies: 18 views: 1,915
bodylanguage 6 days ago

Ok here is... First, I wanted to thanks all the experts here (you know who you are) for being so nice sharing your experiences...

JayPee
replies: 65 views: 3,193
akebrake 6 days ago

Hi, I've heard recently that woofers of the speakers must not be placed at the vertical center of my room. My room is about...

bertru
replies: 135 views: 2,828
bertru 6 days ago

I have a somewhat unique room in my new house that I am hoping to use as a mixing room for live/remote recordings. I have read...

bmillerpipes
replies: 0 views: 238
bmillerpipes 1 week ago

Hello! I'm currently building side wall absorbers and I want them to be white with a black square in the middle. That way they...

ostfisk
replies: 21 views: 543
JLaPointe 1 week ago

Hello everyone, First post here in this forum so I just want to start by saying hello, I've recently been lurking in this...

chasingdopamine
replies: 0 views: 230
chasingdopamine 1 week ago

Hi there! My company is moving to new offices ( actually early 1800s originally a hotel) and as I'm the sound department I have a...

knod
replies: 2 views: 288
knod 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search